Do the Muppets belong here...

Do the Muppets belong here? Been rewatching the original Muppet Show and the movies recently and re-experiencing how great and timeless they are. Weird how as a kid I loved Muppets in Space but it's definitely the point where there's a noticeable drop.

Anybody go/going to the Hollywood Bowl performance? Seems like a once in a lifetime experience I'm really on the edge of going/not going.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmQIzSF1yb0
youtube.com/watch?v=-nI7IfwLoBI
youtube.com/watch?v=zJufeAMRHy8
youtube.com/watch?v=byEzsFtV_Yo
youtu.be/GBKpswoS8qw?t=109
youtu.be/GBKpswoS8qw?t=208
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah puppets are cartoons

I believe puppetry falls under animation by Sup Forums rules. Along with stop motion.

I'm an old fag that grew up with The Muppet Show in the 70's. I looked forward to every friday night @ 7:30 pm to watch it. I've rewatched the shows a few times over the years and still enjoy it. It introduced me to Alice Cooper.

My favourite character is the Muppet News Flash guy. Man, that guy cracked me up as did Sam the Eagle. The Dr.Bob hospital sketchs and Pigs In Space segments were equally hilarious.

I thought The Muppets Tonight was ok, not as funny as the original though. I honestly thought it would have lasted longer than it did.

The Muppets are great but there's loads of skits that use dated material. The jokes are mostly simple puns and vaudeville so they don't age too badly, but the material to get there often is completely lost on anybody who doesn't have an incredibly wide variety of interests in art before the 1960's. The new Muppets material always straining to be current takes the wrong lesson, changing up the jokes and the characters, but there's definitely lots of Muppet material that wouldn't resonate with people if it were made today.

Yeah it's one of those shows that really hit that mark of fun for kids enjoyable for adults because it didn't pander or talk down to any one side. The Muppets have always been really good at that. Friends have been shitting on me for considering going to the concert saying it'll be all kids but I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the people going are adults.

Muppets are HAWT.

Don't sexualize the muppet

Let's talk about Yolanda. Why is she so perfect?

Too bad.

Forgot pic.

youtube.com/watch?v=LmQIzSF1yb0

youtube.com/watch?v=-nI7IfwLoBI

>They already recasted all of Steve Whitmire's puppets except Rizzo.

Kermit sounds pretty accurate at least

Does he though?
youtube.com/watch?v=zJufeAMRHy8

Yeah to be honest.

>Matt Vogel now preforms Big Bird and Kermit
HE'S UNSTOPPABLE

muppets are for babies

youtube.com/watch?v=byEzsFtV_Yo

He sounds more like Jim, more than Steve ever could

Singing-wise, it's debatable, but you need to get your ears checked if you think Kermit's speaking voice was anything like that in Henson's heyday: youtu.be/GBKpswoS8qw?t=109

For comparison's sake, here's Steve: youtu.be/GBKpswoS8qw?t=208

And considering how long he apprenticed under Carrol Spinney, his Big Bird is terrible.

Matt sounds more like early Henson Kermit, Steve sounds more like what Henson eventually developed Kermit into.

Matt has less of that energetic Kermit in him and more of that froggy, for lack of better word, sound in his throat.

>Matt has less of that energetic Kermit in him and more of that froggy, for lack of better word, sound in his throat.
Agreed. But since later Henson Kermit is what people remember most, I hope that Matt eventually finds that energy that Jim and Steve had.

that or Disney stops being such enormous faggots AND REHIRES STEVE WHITMIRE

>that or Disney stops being such enormous faggots AND REHIRES STEVE WHITMIRE
Disney pulled the Henson family card. They're not right, but that should let you know that they burned that bridge

The fact they went to the Henson Family, who has nothing to do with Disney now, paid them to bad mouth Steve, and now funds their projects is fucking scummy as shit.

or maybe Steve was an actual ass to work with

If he was, don't you think his co-workers would have said something since the fucking 70s?

He wasn't an ass just critical of bad decisions. And due to his particular contract situation he wouldn't do some appearances. Not out of spite but because he didn't want to accidentally step out of contract.

Except none of his former Muppet coworkers (excluding the Henson children) have said anything to that effect. To the contrary, current and former Muppet Studio employees like Mike Quinn (Nien Numb in SW: RotJ) and Pat Garret (choreographer for Christmas Carol and Treasure Island) have been sticking up for him in the comment section of his blog.

>Steve Whitmire finally developed a character for pic related
>after almost 40 years
>someone else now plays him

yes. I'm not going to Sup Forums