Would Batman choose to save his parents lives if it meant he would never become Batman, leaving Gotham unprotected?

Would Batman choose to save his parents lives if it meant he would never become Batman, leaving Gotham unprotected?

No he would not. Pretty sure the concept has been done to death as well

there a cilp of dr strange messing with this concept in batman-tas

Yes, and he's done it before.

Yes,Recently in trinity he tried to stop it but superman and wonder woman needed to restrain him

Read "To kill a Legend" you goddamn casual.

Nigga Batman would go back in time and kill his parents himself.

Why would I read big 2 shit when there are creator owned comics out there?

>leaving Gotham unprotected

Without a guy dressing up as a bat fighting crime every night, would there be as much of a supervillian presence? At the very least, Joker wouldn't be running around. Who's to say without Batman, there wouldn't be a normal level of crime in Gotham?

>Who's to say without Batman, there wouldn't be a normal level of crime in Gotham?

The couple hundred years worth of lore painting Gotham was a shithole since the day it broke dirt

Now that I think about it, what if there was a story where Batman got the chance to do this, but he had to kill someone else's parents to make them become Batman instead? And maybe it could imply that the exact same thing happened to Joe Chill?

If you don't care, why ask? You ask because you clearly care and read it.

Supervillians showed up as a response to superheroes, yes, but only because criminals refuse to stop committing crimes. The way Gotham was before supervillians was still a crime-ridden shithole.

Usually Batman showing up improved the quality of life for normal civilians in most storylines, even if the supervillians cause larger and larger amounts of destruction and death in their wake. And also, a lot of supervillians came to exist without any prompting from Batman (e.g. people like Joker and Freeze falling into chemical or cryo vats respectively). The supervillians' creation was inevitable. Batman stopping them was the only thing stopping them from destroying Gotham.

TBF That was the evil Batman raised by those LoSH villains.

I've actually never even read that so what the hell, let's read it

Oh hey, this actually also has a Slam Bradley story by Len Wein, and I'm one of this planet's only actual fans of Slam Bradley.

It has. Batman has been done to death so many times.

I've always liked the idea of Joe Chill not being a bad guy who intended to kill the Waynes, just a cowardly crook who needed some quick cash who shot accidentally when Thomas lunged and shot Martha out of panic

If bruce saw how Black Saturn acts with living parents he'd kill mum an dad himself...

This was somewhat timely with CoIE and Year One being just a few years down the road.

Thanks Tex

Also have a personal headcanon that Bruce was borderline autistic before the murder, but like most headcanons, it's based on literally nothing

Is this going to be a story where Batman is denied happiness again because Robin is a massive faggot who is obsessed over MUH EVERY WORLD NEEDS A BATMAN?

I kinda hope not. I think it's merely raising the question, not pushing it as the answer.

End.

>We ought to get mugged more often
Oh you

Even if the Waynes hadn't been murdered, another champion would've filled the void. Gotham had Alan Scott in the past so someone else would answer to call to protect Gotham. That city is shitty enough that it HAS to have a guardian.

Bruce would probably grow up as a well-adjusted socialite who probably uses his money and connections to boost up Gotham's employment along with charity work. He might be a backer to the JLA, but I don't see him being a vigilante like Oliver Queen if his parents hadn't been gunned down.

So instead of Bruce being motivated by revenge he is motivated to become Batman out of sheer awe at Batman, which somewhat works because with that universe not having any fictional/mythological heroes that Bruce may not have had any inspiration to spur him into avenging his parent's death.

Kinda dumb but also kinda neat.

I also just realized that Robin said there were no heroes in that universe but young Bruce is reading Sherlock Holmes there. I guess he isn't technically a mythological character in the same vein as legends like Robin Hood and Hercules but I've always personally considered him a direct precursor to guys like Shadow and Batman.

I would agree with you. In Deadpool kills the Marvel universe, Superheroes keep coming back from the dead so Deadpool eventually goes after classic literature characters, Mulan, Sherlock Holmes, Tom Sawyer, etc. because he realizes those characters paved they way for the superheroes he wants to destroy.

Well that was fun. Thanks

>Bruce becomes "Thomas Wayne" Batman, his dad takes up Alfred's non-butler duties.
>When Red Hood shenanigans are supposed to take place, Batman kills the joker instead of batman-ing.
>Jason comes back, instead of angry he feels regret at letting himself die.