So what the fuck was the message of this episode?

So what the fuck was the message of this episode?

>Strayaposter

Don't listen to women.

Guns are bad, m'kay?

>use straw man to say that men make women feel unsafe and they would rather ban guns than fix it
I mean, what the fuck?

9 0 0 D O L L A R Y D O O S

could i get some context, or the cartoon?

don't guns put men and women on an equal playing field tho, while when everyone's unarmed women are easily overpowered by men?

Bojack Horseman, character feels unsafe because of muh evil men, starts carrrying a gun for protection, many other women follow suit, leading to a heated senatorial debate over whether guns should be banned entirely.

why ban them?
was there a string of accidental deaths from guns or something?

There was a string of "mass shootings" committed by men. And there was one by a woman and then all sorts of guys complain about women having guns.

Fucking Aussies trying to post an image.

Just turn your computer upside down

The message was feminists, misogynists and guns are all stupid

>not being australian

>episode says feminists are stupid
How'd you come to that conclusion?

Because it never took Diane's argument seriously
For real, you guys have gotten so paranoid about this shit you can't tell the difference anymore.

Why aren't guns empowering to women?

It makes you stronger than any beefhead out there.

>Diane asks if they would rather maintains a predatory culture towards women or ban guns
>they ban the guns
It seemed pretty serious to me.

Yeah, exactly. And, as Europe has shown us recently, banning guns does not stop mass murderers. If the authorities are correct in saying that they stop >80% of attempted terrorists, imagine how many people would die from trucks of peace and islamibombs on a weekly basis.

The fact that guns are STILL blamed for anything is a fucking blemish on our society. After the Mohammadan got 82 kills using a truck, completely BTFO'ing any gun-related highscore, you'd think people would get the idea that it's the ideology that kills, not the weapon.

But it also takes the piss out of the idea that women carrying guns would solve the problem
It acknowledges that women are more likely to be victims of sexual assault, but in a round-about way it also makes fun of the "this school would never have been shot up if the teachers/students had guns" argument.

Didn't this thread get moved to Sup Forums like eight hours ago?

100% right, but they will literally be raped and murdered before ever admitting it.

because they didn't take her seriously. she just said ban them as a stupid solution and they did. also it was clearly mocking grrl power clickbait culture because that's what started it in the first place

That it's hard to read things that are upside down?

So?
Still promoted the idea that men are predatory towards women by showing that clip montage they did during Diane's voiceover. That was taken seriously.

A bunch of mass shooting by men and then one by women

is there some real world analogue that theyre trying to reference?
or is it just a 'those poor wemen' message?

Leaning towards the latter.

People living in large Swedish cities have become accustomed to grenade explosions

It's fucked, bro

And tips for women how to accentuate the acid burns they get.

Eastern Europe will be the only ones left in the end.

We Swedes have endless contempt for US yokels like you. Go listen to some redneck hiss about the Bowling Green massacre and ethics in videogame journalism for 90 minutes on youtube.

I don't think the ban on guns was shown as a good thing but a lazy way to fix the problem. It could be seen as an example of how people have black and white views and favor lazy legislation. That daid the idea that people only have a problem with guns when women start shooting people seemed weird. It happens very rarely because it's almost always a guy, but every now and then, a woman does go crazy and shoot a bunch of people, and I don't remember seeing that kind of teaction from anyone. So it was a weird strawman. The funny thing is the ep did either predict or show (not sure when this ep was made) the skyrocketing gun sales among liberals and "pink pistols" phenomenon. Women and lgbt are buying so many guns right now.

Don't be angry, man. You're just importing your own violent brown underclass like the kind America has been suffering with for centuries

Sure, you might have to roll back some of your social programs but you'll learn to live with it eventually.

Until that class overruns and burns down their cities in the name of their "peaceful" culture.

That Australian Diane has a huge neck

I understand why you're lashing out, user. I'd be frustrated and afraid if my ideology failed and left me stranded in a wasteland of my own creation.

I'd like to tell you it's going to be okay, but... probably better to wish you good luck.

SHALL

BE

NOT

INFRINGED

close enough

Its a Diane episode B plot.

Fantastic thread as always, guys.

This but written sober.

Reddit's right over there if that's more your speed, pal.

Bump