What happens if this is the result?

What happens if this is the result?

Other urls found in this thread:

law.marquette.edu/facultyblog/2012/10/31/what-happens-if-the-presidential-election-is-a-tie/
youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that a vote for Trump is a vote against free speech.

Civil war

Congress decides

Congress decides.

Have you not taken POL 101? Jesus you people are fucking morons.

The House votes for the President from among the top three candidates who won states.

Hillary and trump must share office

>NC
>red

Good one OP.

>Texas
>red

This. And since repubs control both houses, it should be an easy Trump win, unless the GOPe goes full cuck and republican representatives and senators literally vote Hillary, which they literally might.

In that case, there would be a civil war.

Paul Ryan becomes President

Nope each state's Congressional House delegation would have one single vote
Look up the Twelfth Amendment to the US Constitution

hillary wont win all 4 maine votes

It's decided in a ring

Poor little abuela will have another brain damaging concussion

That's literally Congress deciding. Republicans represent a majority of districts in a majority of states, meaning a majority of votes (one vote per state) would go to the Republican.

The Senate would decide the Vice President by direct vote.

More realistic tie possibility.

The constitution is 6 pages long. But Burgers are afraid to read it. Why don't they print the fucking constitution on McD burgers?

The fuck do limes know about free speech?

If there is a tie the man gets elected and the woman go's to jail

This could, in the long-term, be the best possible result for the alt-right

> Tie
> Congress decides
> Despite GOP, gives it to Clinton

So many people would lose faith in the system

Iowa + NH instead of Colorado + 1Maine is possibly the most realistic.

>The Senate would decide the Vice President by direct vote.
Which would be interesting if the Democrats pick up enough seats in the Senate to be the majority. Trump as president with Timmy as his VP could get weird.

My guess is that he'd be VP until the GOP retook the Senate in 2018 at which time he'd be impeached and replaced by a Republican.

Hillary wins
The house is republican, but they've been shilling as much as the democrats
Coup win?

Or it's a JEB SURGE

Probably. Polling has been so shit this year especially in states that aren't considered battlegrounds that we're pretty much guaranteed some surprises election night.

That portion is outdated now that we don't elect P and VP individually. Regardless, it would be the current House and Senate voting, not those who are elected on Nov 8.

The VP would be decided by the sitting, GOP controlled senate. But I could see a few Repubs help seat a Dem veep as a protest of trump.

Then we got to worry about legit, Carlos the Jackal assassins getting hired to bump off one or both executives.

The vote is decided before the new House and Senate are seated. This was particularly important in 2000, when Al Gore was trying to force continuous recounts. His end-game was to send the vote to Congress, where the House would've gone to Bush but the Senate would've been a 50-50 split.

Who gives the deciding vote in a split Senate? The President of the Senate, i.e. the Vice President.

Who was the Vice President in the Senate? Al Gore.

Heb wins with McMuffin as his VP.

what happens if this is the result?

>Congress throws a coin
>Heads = Trump, Tails = Hillary
"Democracy" in action

You are incorrect on both counts.

It's not outdated at all. The Senate still gets a direct vote for Vice President if it is not decided by the electoral college. This means you can end up with a President and Vice President from different parties.

we FEEL THE BERN

he's correct on at least one count.

Show me the proofs. I might be misinformed about the former but I am positive about the latter.

Double checked and it seems you are correct about it being decided by the incoming Congress. The only holdover from the previous Congress is the President of the Senate, in the event of a tie.

It'd be political suicide for them. They wouldn't.

law.marquette.edu/facultyblog/2012/10/31/what-happens-if-the-presidential-election-is-a-tie/

Seriously morons, pay attention in class or at least learn to use Google. It's the new Congress not the old one that decides. It's sad how little the average American knows about our government. It's even worse that Sup Forumstards can't even get the basics correct.

wont be
RATE ME OUTA /88 Sup Forums

better version

That makes no sense. Gore wasn't on the ballot for VP so he wouldn't have been able to get himself into office through a tie-break vote in Senate.

You have an internet connection, use it you lazy fuck. Stop claiming things are true when you're too lazy to even do ten seconds of research.

idk man. They've been cucking hard.

>Not knowing England is the birthplace of liberalism

>Congress decides
>Republicans are in control
>They refuse to vote for Trump
>They also refuse to vote for Hillary
>As chaos ensues the congress door slams open
>Jeb walks in with the most serious look of determination he can muster
>Slowly strolls up to the podium
>The whole house remains silent, as the rightful heir to the US throne prepares for a speech
>"My mother is the strongest woman I've ever known, and she said I can be the new president."
>The congress erupts in cheers, as Jeb's beautiful latina wife tears up with pride
>Democrats are moved by his speech
>Jeb is voted President of the United States of America for a hundred years
>The Golden Century of Yeb, which history books will praise for all years to come, begins on 2016
>The Chinese, afraid of the new POTUS, declare the year 2016 the year of the turtle, in honor of Yeb

how high are you right now?

The house picks the president and congress picks the vice president. Each state in the house gets one vote no matter how many representatives they have which will lead to hilarious outcomes for states with a tie.

But honestly both parties are the same and the establishment does not want trump so Clinton will probably win.

A real possibility would be for a Clinton / Pence election. And then Clinton shits herself to death from a seizure on stage at the inauguration because someone had a small mirror attached to there ballcap and reflected sunlight into her eyes.

Kevin Costner decides.

>Prove my point for me

That's your job.

They know they'll get v& if they verbally assault someone or something on social media! SHITLORD kys

this

This is what the map would look like if we collided with a parallel universe and both Clinton and Trump have landslides simultaneously

the middle man, aka jeb!, gets it.

Minnesota will not go red this election. Same with Vermont Maine and mass.

Thunderdome

I actually would like to see this just to show how clueless and ineffective the media is.

>utah going blue

She's polling like 26% in Utah

Landslide indeed

And he has done his job, see

Son of bitch I have money on Ohio

Why the fuck is there an even number that could potentially lead to this? Why isn't an odd number?

topkek

Because we gave 3 votes to DC.

some electors would probably actually vote for jeb! in this situation, which means the house had to decide between clinton, trump and jeb! a jeb! surge would actually be possible

In this case, our Government would elect the next president.

Congress decides.

Ray Ryan votes for Hilary

Sad to say but if it goes to Congress that kike Paul Ryan and his butt buddies will give the election to Hillary.

About 3 weeks after that happens both Ryan and Clinton will be swinging from lamp posts in front of the Trump hotel just up the street from congress.

He was vice president at the time, famalamadingdon

The Constitution states that in the event of a tie during the presidential election that the winner is chosen with trial by combat. Substitutions are not allowed and fighting must be done by the candidates themselves. No weapons allowed and neither candidate is allowed to leave the arena until one is dead.

what the fuck am i looking at

>liberalism
>2016
>free speech

pick two and only two

Have a rare pepe user, you made me kek

youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk

there is only one rule of thunderdome

Congress votes for a candidate.

Congress decides, and if they can't then the VP becomes president. Not joking

>Colorado Blue

>But Wisconsin Red

This just wont happen

Kek.

we've been through this a thousand times.

In the event of an electoral split, the House decides.

If the house is split, the Senate decides.

If the Senate is split, VP makes the deciding vote.

This is realistic.

The country gets split in half for the next four years. Trump becomes president, but only in the red states, while Clinton becomes president of the blue states.

I think this is most likely, or Colorado going red.

I've noticed that all the polls have put Trump on the defensive, they have already given Hillary the needed amount of blue States and have only been focusing on a few swing states, even though they have pretty much framed it as impossible to flip some of those blue states. I don't know if they are trying to get him to focus his efforts on States that he will win easily like Florida distracting him from trying to flip a blue state or what. Maybe I'm off my self medication.

i think the most realistic for a tie there would be just swapping NV and IA, he's up in IA and down in NV anyway
i don't think he'll win CO though

underrated greentext

top kek senpai

I think Michigan has a better chance of going red than Wisconsin. 78/88

I think they need to choose from the top 3 people who won electoral votes

Which is what egg mcmuffin is betting on. Get the retarded mormons to give him 6 electoral votes, then hope no one getting to 270. The cuck GOP would probably give him some votes, but the result will end up being a Hillary win

Mormons will be wiped off the Earth the next day, but oh well

Utah or AZ nukes Jew York and Trump wins with more electoral college votes

Goes to electoral college where establishment politicians elect Hillary

>Liberalism
>Has been monarchy for almost 1k years
>Last time someone tried to introduce freedom to the British(Cromwell) you hung/beheaded him for it
Eat shit pussy

They can vote for whoever they want that's eligible for POTUS, but would likely restrict themselves to top 3 of the electoral college\popular vote.

Johnson is the more plausible third party winner in a Congressional vote, since he's a former Republican who broke with the party over social issues. He's been billing himself as the compromise candidate this whole election season.

This isn't a formal debate, sperg. Do it yourself or fuck off.

As per the Constitution, House pics Pres and Senate picks Vice Pres.

This is probably the most realistic tie scenario.

>They can vote for whoever they want that's eligible for POTUS

citation fucking needed

everything I'm finding is that the restriction to the top three electoral votes is a law not a fucking suggestion

Sauce? I'm working off memory from the last time I read the Constitution.

Bring it on! I love drama :) I'm already fappin' with excitement.

Yet a Englishman that taught his dog to raise his paw when he said sieg heil was arrested for hate crimes. Fuck Britain