Sunday Symbiote Thread

I'm still pissed at how poorly Toxin was treated
He was a completely blank slate and could have been used for anything. His potential within the confines of the established setting was hugely varied and what did we get?
>Shut up Toxin, we're doing this my way because that's the way it needs to be!
>kill Pat off-screen
>bond to Eddie

Throw a little bit of cheesecake into the mix

so what did everyone think of the first issue of venomverse?

If I had a symbiote I would constantly make it jerk me off all day and make little symbiote heads to suck me off.

I was mostly reading it in the hopes of seeing more agent venom, but they just made him an inept jobber and killed him off.

I'm gonna be pissed if they make eddie mania's new mentor or something.

I don't think he's dead. Having a hole punched through the chest isn't enough to kill someone with a symbiote. Eddie gets impaled just as badly by PoisonOck and walks it off in a few panels.

So this board still does these? Felt like they died off.

Well this is impossible, how are you supposed to choose between scream and toxin? Broken CYOA

>I'm still pissed at how poorly Toxin was treated
>He was a completely blank slate and could have been used for anything. His potential within the confines of the established setting was hugely varied and what did we get?
>>Shut up Toxin, we're doing this my way because that's the way it needs to be!
>>kill Pat off-screen
>>bond to Eddie

Completely agreed. Toxin as one of the only 2 near 100% beneficial Symbiote relationships getting bussed and off-screen bridged was horrible. Utter waste of an awesome character and concept.

If that wasn't bad enough, Eddie gets Toxin, Toxin loses all its nuance, and then gets destroyed so Eddie can become Venom again from Flash who was doing just fine.

The only Symbiote mistreatment I hate as much as Pat/Toxin, is Hybrid, who got straight up punked by an Eddie with zero powers.

Eddie should have stayed Anti-Venom and Flash should have stayed Agent Venom. Should have left Toxin and Hybrid were they were, too. I hate to say it, but they should have kept them in limbo if they weren't going to treat them right..

Hybrid and Scott are best.

Toxin? Nearly all the symbiotes were killed off and their hosts too.

Scream? Dead via Eddie's autismo and heat knife.

Hybrid? Host dead, also killed by the above.

Toxin? Pat got mauled by Blackheart in a dark alley.

Why does Marvel hate symbiotes? They had the chance to make a Symbiote team back then. Hoping Venom-verse will fix this.

Do know that it's The Hulk we're talking here. A Symbiote Hulk.

>Why does Marvel hate symbiotes?
They liked them enough to make a shitload of them, ask the Marvel audience why they hate them. Just a couple years ago I remember having a conversation with someone who didn't know about symbiotes much, they looked them up and said "this shit is so 90s" and "seems like a bunch of edgy OCs", which seems to be a common opinion I've witnessed

There is also the idea of over saturation too, when everyone is Venom....no one is.

I never had anything against the other symbiotes as I like symbiotes, but desu they never did much interesting with any of them, I'm content with just Venom and Carnage being around really.

I'm glad that Mania is in something for once. Still a bit salty though that she's on none of the covers besides one of the Clayton Crain variants, though I guess that's not too surprising considering how we now know about how Marvel Editorial likes to cuck Bunn when it comes to Mania.

I liked it. Edge was good too. Not entirely happy with 616 Eddie being the main character though.

>Hoping Venom-verse will fix this.

Unless I'm missing something, Venomverse only seems to be primarily an Elseworlds starring Eddie Brock and a bunch of popular Vemonmized heroes/vigilantes from alternate universe.

If they used this as the chance to bring back Pat as Toxin and Scott as Hybrid, etc, than that'd be cool. But that's not what they seem to be going for. Not to mention that they hype Eddie as "One True Venom", after derailing Eddie for the past decade and the Symbiote for the past year to set it back up with Eddie.

They also have no intention of acknowledging Eddie's trashy post Anti-Venom behavior and kill-spree.

>but desu they never did much interesting with any of them, I'm content with just Venom and Carnage being around really.

They did try, though, and what was there was good to awesome and had loads of potential, but they never followed up.

Anyways, Venom's been flip-flopped on to get it and Eddie back together, and Carnage is the definition of "edgy 90s OC" or whatever (first I've heard of that complaint, honestly), especially with how much he gets used and stars in stuff. I'm kinda sick of Carnage, to be honest.

The concept is nice and cool enough, but the Eddie showcasing as "One True Venom" gets frustrating, on top of the bad Symbiote scars that the books don't even give the time of day to makes it more the concept all the more frustrating to deal with that it should be.

It should be fun, and would be were it not for the baggage.

nice,
can i have some Scream pictures ??
also
i choose Toxin with enhanced shapeshifting, Tendrils and Regeneration

It was OK but just OK.

Is it 616 Eddie? If it were you'd figure that the current Venom comics would also tie in, but as far as I know Venom just wrapped up Land Before Crime and they're moving into the Venom Vs Kraven arc next with no mention of Venomverse. 616 Mania maybe, but I really don't believe the Eddie that we see in Venomverse 1 was 616 Eddie.

It's better than whatever the fuck Costa is doing.

I have a question:
How Hybrid, Scorn and Scream would affect me as a host, should I pick "strong willed other" drawback? With Anti-Venom it's "let's spend a whole day curing the city", with Carnage it's his usual "gut everyone alive", etc

It's 616 Eddie. For some reason, it's detached from the main book though. Not that Spidey or whoever don't do the same thing in all the different books they are in.

Eh, it doesn't carry quite as much baggage like Venomverse, though.

I want a Symbiote Super team

>Agent Venom
>Toxin
>Mania
>Anti-Venom
>Reversed Carnage

Add Hybrid, and I'd buy it!

Who am I kidding? Even with just that cast alone, I'd buy it in a heartbeat,

>Venom Force 5.

>Magical Girl transformations

Fuck, if you can make a Hulk Family Cartoon, you can make a Venom family one. They're Organic Power Rangers.

>>Venom Force 5.
>>Magical Girl transformations
>if you can make a Hulk Family Cartoon, you can make a Venom family one. They're Organic Power Rangers.

I'd eat this up and it would be my new jam.

>Doom in a battle of wills with a symbiote
I need to read this
Sauce?

Venomverse: War Stories. I could storytime this one for you.

Would you kindly?
Thanks user

Only doing the Doom one, the rest is shit.

jesus those faces

I kinda like Cage only wearing a half of the suit.

Can someone explain what the fuck happened? Did Doom lose? Is that a Poison?

It seems that Dr. Doom made the Symbiote his bitch

They seem to have bonded on a molecular level but Doom has won the battle for dominance, hence the symbiote's referral to him as Lord Doom

So are all the other venomverse comics shit?

>inept jobber
what else to expect from a drunkard, woman hitting war criminal?

Anti-Venom
Natural Weapons, Tendrils, Regeneration, Strength
Vigilante,Sidekick, Henchman
Nemesis, Menace

here ya go
The way I imagined it in my head when I made it:
>Hybrid
Constant voices in your heard, more indecisiveness, etc
>Scorn
More emotionless, no fun allowed to the extreme
>Scream
wants to show off more, possibly gets lewder.

>wants to show off more, possibly gets lewder.
she was my first option cus it seems that symbiote likes to be lewd
but you get converted into a woman,
tought with a symbiote you could kill anyone who makes fun of you and nobody will know you were a guy before ...................
dont know, i want to fuck woman no to be fucked

>not Check this out, user

>Toxin
>Strength, Regeneration, and Enhanced Shapeshifting
>Sidekick and Vigilante
I'd choose to be a good guy/anti-hero I guess. I don't want Toxin hanging around with the wrong crowd.

Scream

Strength, Separate Form, Regeneration

Hero, Villan

Nemesis, Hunted

No idea. They asked Remender to kill off all the old hosts.

>and Carnage is the definition of "edgy 90s OC" or whatever (first I've heard of that complaint, honestly)
You must be new then, it's been a common complaint about Venom since his inception, let alone every other symbiote

Venom get's the same hate Punisher, Wolverine, Spawn, and Deadpool gets no matter how idiotic the reasons for the hate may be.

Venom
Strength, separate form, shapeshifting, regeneration
Sidekick
Nemesis

Does Deadpool really count in that?

Hybrid
buddies with a villain and a vigilante
Nemesis, Menace, Strong Willed Other(s), and Hunted to make shit interesting
Natural Weapons, Tendrils, Regeneration, Strength, Invisible, Spawning for fun times ahead.

A pity, but that feels like a lot of Marvel lately. Interesting ideas and characters, poor execution and sweeping under the rug

How doesn''t he?

I made a stupid thing

Brilliant

You forgot "Doesn't need functioning legs becuase his arms are so fucking ripped"

Don't know if that works super well since Eddie also has tree trunks for arms.

Not new (not remotely), that's just not the kinds of complaints I see for those characters.

For Venom, most I see tend to revolve around the "Not My Venom" category, which is likely why we've derailed back to Eddie as Venom.

For Wolverine and Deadpool, a little less the former nowadays and a lot more the latter, it's people complaining about overexposure (this I one, however, I see having at least some validity, hater scapegoating aside). I've also seen more than a few "Not My" when it comes to Wolverine-esque characters.

I know of Spawn, but I'm not familiar with fanbase comments on him. Ditto the Punisher, except I have seen a lot of ethics back and forth.

Yeah, that's one of the biggest things that throws it off. Venom's been top-heavy more often that not, because most of its hosts have been top-heavy. Angelo (rest in peace, poor soul) was probably the biggest exception, and he was literally short-lived.

Is it weird that I kinda liked Angelo Fortunato as Venom?

>Not new (not remotely), that's just not the kinds of complaints I see for those characters.
>For Venom, most I see tend to revolve around the "Not My Venom" category, which is likely why we've derailed back to Eddie as Venom.
>For Wolverine and Deadpool, a little less the former nowadays and a lot more the latter, it's people complaining about overexposure (this I one, however, I see having at least some validity, hater scapegoating aside). I've also seen more than a few "Not My" when it comes to Wolverine-esque characters.
>I know of Spawn, but I'm not familiar with fanbase comments on him. Ditto the Punisher, except I have seen a lot of ethics back and forth.

Friend, literally everything you just said would imply you're "new"

Everything?

Eh, it doesn't matter.

Sometimes, I wish I was new. Things felt so innocent back then. :(

>Friend, literally everything you just said would imply you're "new"
>Everything?

Like, if you could specifically explain what you mean by that (if you have the time), that'd be nice, since I don't get it.

Up

Yeah, namely because Venom always caught shit from elitist comic fans as being an example of "edginess" and what they saw as modern bullshit, back when Venom was still a relatively new character. The fact that you said the main complaint you hear about Wolverine and Deadpool is overexposure, it wasn't always like that, and not being familiar with Spawn who was a pop culture craze when he was relevant in the 90s.

I meant no offense by calling you "new', there is nothing wrong with that, but it would seem that you are....probably were a little kid in the later portion of the 90s and 00s would be my guess, not exactly old enough to remember when all these characters were underdogs and still felt somewhat fresh no matter how long any of them had been around, the whole "anti-hero" thing was cool back then but then it got too big and now everyone hates it and thinks it's "too 90s and edgy"

So if take Scream and separate form would I still be girl?

You an me both.

>back when Venom was still a relatively new character.

Ah, that would explain it.

>probably were a little kid in the later portion of the 90s and 00s would be my guess

More like early 90s, coupled with not being in any position to read and enjoy comics until my mid/late teens, and not noticing tendencies until a bit later than that.

>I meant no offense by calling you "new', there is nothing wrong with that,

No problem. It just felt weird to be called that, since I no I'm not, from my perspective. Ironically, this little conversation has made me reflect on how old I actually am (relatively speaking).

>the whole "anti-hero" thing was cool back then but then it got too big and now everyone hates it and thinks it's "too 90s and edgy"

So that's what happened. That's too bad, as it's not a bad hat or aesthetic in and of itself, but we're at the point, and still meandering in the point, where it garners a knee-jerk hate irrespective of any actually context.

Make that a third. What's worse is that it's not really considered "a thing done horrendously wrong", as opposed to every other little thing some will complain about Marvel nowadays.