Why is Sup Forums so intent on attacking this show? Are they afraid?

Why is Sup Forums so intent on attacking this show? Are they afraid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It'd be a perfectly average show if not for the fact that it's averaging a 5-6 months between episodes now.

The worst part is we know for a fact that they're sitting on new episodes.

Of my giantess fetish? Sure, terrified.

started off so well, became so boring over the past year or so. Haven't seen an episode in a while.

It's a real snooze fest.

At this point it's safer to make threads whining about or shitting on anything than it is to make threads about things you enjoy, lest you incur the mods' wrath.

tumblr likes it so that means we have to hate it

I actually felt the reverse.

Tumblr hates it, thinks it's racist.

I like it.

Would like it a bit more if the release schedule didn't seem to be designed to kill hype for the cliffhangers from important episodes and inspire hate for average filler episodes that people feel aren't worth the months of waiting.

Does that mean I'm allowed to like it again? Nice dubs

Town episodes killed the serie

If the production leaks are to be believed, the entire season's been done for months.

RIP user, someone assassina

Because the staff is hellbent on shoving those boring humans down our throat.

Whenever LGBT is implied in a show there seem to be a lot of people who come out on Sup Forums and suddenly care about the children and how 'SJWs' are ruining their favorite past time. Of course these same people care nothing about the ridiculous fetishization of things that they like, because it makes their peepee happy. An entire generation grew up with anthropomorphic fetishes due to shows like Rescue Rangers, Alvin and the chipmunks, Sonic, A Goofy Movie, basically any Disney Movie, Animaniacs, and whatever the fuck else was on. But this is fine becuase MUH DICK.

It's overhyped tumblr garbage. Glad this show is getting canceled

Because if this shit stays on then some day the gays will get the vote and then cake bakers everywhere will be forever enslaved to their pink masters

Have you given the show a watch in order to form your own opinion or are you going on reputation?

I hate how they like to sideline the show's story and world building just to develop a bunch of insignificant citizens. I immediately dropped the show when I heard we'll be missing Lars' space adventures so Steven can just goof around with a bunch of nobodies.

>Glad this show is getting canceled
Whatever helps you sleep at night, user.

Because Sup Forums fails to enjoy anything just because a cartoon doesn't pander to their audience only or does something they expect to happen. The entire board (including the crossboarders) gets assmad about it and go on for months without end saying how the certain media sucks and how it could have been so much better if X happened.

This board itself is nothing but faggots grasping for straws to hate something so little and ineffective to their lives to the point where they become obsessed with hating almost anything that comes their way.

Sup Forums is invested with homeworld gems

Speaking for myself, I have mixed feelings on the show. It's 50/50 with me.

The world-building is my favorite part of the show. The lore simply pulls me into the story.

However, the characters and some of their plots ruin it for me. It feels like they drop the ball frequently with the gems. The human characters are just flat out annoying.

I don't know how else to put it, but it feels like the writers just want Beach City to be one big sterile hugbox where little changes. They could do so much more with the sci-fi aspects of the story, yet they insist on their mediocre "slice of life" angle.

cause it's shit
youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

>I don't know how else to put it, but it feels like the writers just want Beach City to be one big sterile hugbox where little changes. They could do so much more with the sci-fi aspects of the story, yet they insist on their mediocre "slice of life" angle.
Valid criticism but I think a lot of the issue with this is CN's fucktarded airing schedule. Normally with weekly episodes you'd notice the human episodes and SoL shit a lot less, but when you get like 5 episodes every 6 months even one of them not being plot related is agony. I really don't think there's anything wrong with most of the non plot episodes it's just that they're not plot episodes and I want my fucking lore. It's a god damn addiction and my gripe with the show (really CN) is that they're not feeding it.

This is literally the biggest problem with it. We'd hate townie episodes a lot less if they were in a weekly release schedule so we could just ignore them for 2 weeks to get back to the plot.

>CN's fucktarded airing schedule
I agree with you on that. The scheduling is horrible.

I wish they would go all out on the main plot and the sci-fi elements. I also wish they would be more bold with character/relationship changes, i.e. do more to integrate Peridot into the Crystal Gems, convince Lapis to join, rehabilitate Bismuth, make Steven cope better.

It's hard to keep the story's pacing when they air like that. I really think the pacing is too slow but I can't tell that objectively because of the airing schedule. They really have disappointed me on certain story elements before, I want Steven to continue to build a team, and for them to go on this grand intergalactic adventure to defeat the diamonds. I really think that it will happen but it's just too slow getting there.

But user how else are they going to make room for YOUR NEW FAVOURITE SHOW

>Month-long hiatuses
>Leaks broadcasted days before the release date, killing all hype and spoilering anyone who doesn't turn off their computer until it airs
>Big bads get an entire week of build-up before being thrown onto the bus in a 15-minute time slot
I'll keep watching, I just won't expect anything big

>afraid

you keep using that word. i don't think it means what you think it means .jpg

>YOUR NEW FAVOURITE SHOW
Will it ever burn out? Will it ever stop?

Shitty show with the worst fanbase of ANY show

>gee I wonder why...

> C'mon CN I'll suck yo dick for some White Diamond

Because the few people who still even watch your shitty show think that the homeworld gems will be some amazing unstoppable force and not just a bunch of jobbers who get dispatched in some weightless anime-reference heavy action scene and all of the content creators have already moved onto OK KO or TLH.

Just because tumblr hates/likes it for the wrong reasons doesn't mean its okay to like it. Trash is trash.
>having animal like characters is fetishization
kys, furries didn't come from those shows, they were in no way sexual (except a few animaniacs jokes but most of those were about humans).
Not him but I've watched every episode, and was excited for the show early, before the mess of a plot started.

I think fusions are too suggestive for a kids show. I liked the concept, but the show pushed the consent thing for some kind of analogy to sex.

THE DIAMONDS DID 9/11

>furries didn't come from those shows
They absolutely did
>they were in no way sexual
Cartoons have kissing and romance all the time and no one finds it 'sexual' unless it involves two men or two women.

>they absolutely did
proof?
>unless it involves two men or two women
Besides the fact that this is wrong, it's almost like a man and a woman is normal, and these cartoons were completely PG, without metaphors for controversial social issues.

I finished binge watching after putting it out for years because of that boring first episode.

-it peaked at the end of season 1.
-season 2 and 3 are filler hell
-Amethyst is the worst character
-pre-reform Garnet is the best character
-Pearl is the funniest
-I hate Steven
-I can see why Vidalia got so much attention and it's super lame. literally going gaga over sloppy seconds.
-I'm sure Stevonnie is somebody in the staff's fetish, she's boring too.
-the plot is just midly interesting,not the kind you're excited for but the one you watch just to see what happens next, like watching a dog chase its own tail.
-I lost interest when I noticed the voice change.
-I'm disappointed
-I still like Magiswords better than this

it sucks and i hate it

and this is the show's fault how?

>Whenever LGBT is implied in a show there seem to be a lot of people who come out on Sup Forums and suddenly care about the children and how 'SJWs' are ruining their favorite past time.
No they don't. People come out of the woodwork to any board to shit on something that is popular in general, not something exclusively with gay themes.

SU happens to have gay themes and a lot of the fanbase happen to be a fan purely because of its gay themes, but anons hate it more because it's solely popular. The hating gay stuff either just adds fuel to the fire or is the cherry on top, depending on whether the person is trolling or genuinely hates SU's existence. "It's cool to hate it" happens with anything from Five Nights at Freddy's, Rick & Morty, Undertale, Stranger Things, Steven Universe

Otherwise, you would have seen the same huge fit being thrown around for Clarence, ParaNorman or even The Loud House dads. But those aren't nearly as fun to shitpost as something like SU or Undertale.

>Why is Sup Forums so intent on attacking this show? Are they afraid?
of a future in wich animators drive inspiration from this ball of crap?
yes

because for some(non)strange reason every single thread about steven universe is full of newfags defending it
why does nobody that has spent more than 3 years here like the show?

>proof?
I have about as much proof as you do for gay 'propaganda' in cartoons turning children gay.

>Besides the fact that this is wrong
It doesn't seem to be wrong. I have yet to see controversy out of a man and a woman being romantic in a show. Unless it's interracial or destroys someone's ship.

>it's almost like a man and a woman is normal, and these cartoons were completely PG,
Yes I agree human romance is normal so what's your is--
>without metaphors for controversial social issues.
Ah yes, the AGENDA that is being pushed. Those fucking gays pushing their pedo shit, how dare they.

Biggest grip there is, it's because of half a year waiting for a new episode...
Other is the fact that protagonist's beliefs are almost never challenged and never failing to prove them correct.

All those you listed are genuinely crap though, either for children, twitter autists, or pseuds

SU is a great cure for insomnia.

>why does nobody that has spent more than 3 years here like the show?
I have two years here defending the show. The only issue is whenever I talk about it I get told to go back to that stupid fucking general. I don't want to shitpost in a hug box, I want to discuss the fucking show.

I don't love the show but I've been coming here for only about 5 years but it's had defenders from the beginning.

See, exactly.

because anyone that stays in Sup Forums instead of doing something productive with his life is a contrarian faggot looking for (you)s

I suggest a tall glass of industrial solvent with cyanide.

maybe you are 13 years old and steven universe is your first fandom?

They should work with their network in mind instead of ignoring how the network treats their show.

>how come no one defends this show?? Doesn't that mean it's shit????
>I defend it
>yeah but ur a child
Ok

This I wanna fuck blue diamond

>how come no one defends this show??
i never said that