So why exactly did this push happen?

So why exactly did this push happen?

Because Marvel doesn't have the film rights to the X-Men.

Are you stupid?

Because fox has the movie rights to the x-men, so Ike found an alternative that could be used for the mcu.

And then they decided not to put them into the mcu, for what reason?

Because hardly anyone actually gives a shit about the Inhumans.

Why did Marvel think they could replace the X-Men, a franchise that was rooted in a cast of likable, relatable characters who deal with both superhero antics and the ordinary problems of living and growing up in a world full of prejudice, with a franchise about space nobles who live on the Moon?

Perlmutter

They would have been in the MCU before the Feige split happened.

>Why did Marvel
Ike

Because Isaac Perlmutter thought that you could replace more than fifty years of cultural attachment to the X-Men with the Inhumans.

Because Feige got the movie division taken away from Ike and his cronies, then he put the kibosh on Ike's pet project.

Ike is a petty, petty man.

>likable and relatable
Come on man, you and I Borge know that there are only about seven or eight x-men who are either of those.

Really, who could have foreseen that they would try to make the Inhumans into discount X-Men? It's very strange. At the time the movie was announced it seemed like as simultaneously cool and perplexing an idea as doing the GotG without any Fantastic Four related aspects. I think it ultimately could have been a good movie if it just went off the Paul Jenkins stuff.

I wonder if they were planned to be X-Men stand-ins from the beginning or if that was something they came up with later down the line.

It's not really about replacing outright. It's about circumventing the X-Men by making something else that can cash-in on their success.

>It's not really about replacing outright. It's about circumventing the X-Men by making something else that can cash-in on their success
I don't know why it's so hard for most people to comprehend, marvel still gets all of the money from the x-comics they would never phase them out for a new property without a large fan base.

Because they're just functions.

Iron Man proved you the public doesn't need to know shit about a hero for it to be popular. And on paper the Inhumans could have worked (at the cost of Kirby's lore). In practice it died due to mega jewing, the MCU requiring planning in the lore, and Ike being a dick. Then the comics went full retard with all the properties and you get the mess we got now.

I believe for the past year or two Inhumans have had more books/pushes than the X-men. This started to change around again with the blue/gold though.

Carol Danvers has also been getting some pretty heavy pushes too, doesn't mean they're helping.

>Comparing a B-Lister like Iron Man to the Inhumans that were D-Listers at best
you should've said the GoTG becoming popular if you wanting a more apt comparison of how a unknown marvel IP could become big

>Opens book
>"OMG, Captain Marvel is the greatest! Yaass queen! You are sexist if you don't like her, she has a million fans!"
> Closes book
> So she doesn't need me then.

jew greed

IM/GotG were both pretty much dead to normies and world at large before their respective films. Cameos/mvc wasn't exactly the driving force behind seeing IM after all.

Point is though is that it is pretty clear to the original audience that the books have taken an alignment of appealing to the movie crowd as much as possible and laying the groundwork for MCU. The comic division still reaps all the rewards of FF,X-Men, etc but the higher ups seem to only want Marvel as a movie IP farm.

Because Ike Pearlmutter was angry/butthurt that Fox still had X-Men and wouldn't give it and Fantastic Four back (which is funny because Disney had a chance to buy back FF and Ike the idiot told them not to and convinced them he could get it for cheaper).

The Inhumans was suppose to be a replacement for The X-Men and a middle-finger to Fox for daring to not give Ike everything to him for free. The idea being that people will eat up any brand if you tell them to. Needless to say, it did not work.

Space nobles that own slaves.

dont they create the alpha primitives too?

>IM/GotG were both pretty much dead to normies
>implying
Iron Man was already known to normies due to games

Of all the female heros they had why did they choose Carol to be the one to push?

>White so don't have to worry about her movies flopping internationally
>Feige likes her
>Any female more popular than her is either owned by Fox or is She-Hulk who's movie rights are in limbo with Universal
>Can cuck DC out of using the real Capitan Marvel Billy Batson

Perlmutter. He basically views the properties, characters, and actors as interchangeable and believes people will watch anything as long as it has the Marvel logo in the opening.

So rather than pay to get the X-Men back he instead decided that the Inhumans could take their place in the MCU. He got IMAX to help fund and produce it which is why it's shot on IMAX cameras and the premier was in theatres, but because the Marvel side (Ike) didn't want to spend any money on it the actors, sets, costumes, effects and everything else looks cheap as hell which is only magnified by the ultra-high definition cameras that were used to film it all.

I love Inhumans hate threads

Ike thinks people will watch anything Marvel

He's mostly correct. Normies would be hyped for this if the visuals were better.

Great visuals/color+Marvel logo = profit.

We're not dealing with the most discerning audience and Ike knows it.

Inhumans don't even have cool powers. They have weird or hard to explain powers. Most of the core X-men have powers you can explain in five words and make them sound useful. With the Inhumans you need a full wiki article and it will still be confusing.

I mean I like the X-men better too but I'm pretty sure I can sum most of their powers up in two words and I'm not even smart.
Are you from Sup Forums or something? Sup Forums isn't usually this stupid.

Sum up the powers of Black Bolt, Karnak, Crystal, and Medusa in as few words as you can for someone who has never heard of them.
Then sum up Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, and any other of the Giant Size X-men in the same fashion.
Simple appeal is a major factor for superheroes.

Ike doesn't understand the real world.

That's why he pushes for garbage Inhumans, and he's pissed about the X-men rights. Ike also doesn't understand that SJWs are a fringe, not the majority of America. So he allowed them to infect the company hoping it will lead to more shows.

Ike the kike.

I think this is a big lesson for Ike. When people smell bullshit, they'd let you know. Iron Fist and Inhumans are some pretty big cracks in the Marvel armor.

Though I'm shocked that people liked Defenders so much when it proved that they make up all these shows on the spot.

>Black Bolt

Nuclear-level voice

>Karnak

Can hit weak point in anything

>Crystal

Elemental control

>Medusa

Hair control

>Gorgon

Stomps really hard

>Triton

Fishman

>Maximus

Mind control

The Inhumans are pretty simple in terms of their actual powers; Black Bolt is the only one I would consider complex at all. The problem is their extremely convoluted origin and setting.

>you the public

you mean normies. we're Sup Forums. fuck yourself.

The bottom line is this:

Ike is a fucking duncehead. He wants to make the Inhumans into the next X-men, but he doesn't have ANY patience or clue on how to do it. The X-men didn't just get popular overnight. Their cast of colorful and relatable characters and struggles is what got them to be well-liked.

What do the Inhumans have? All of their biggest struggles are so contrived.

>Oh noes, we've got this big cloud that turns humans into either Inhumans or monsterous beasts and outright kills Mutants, why would ANYBODY dare to get rid of the clouds!
>Oh noes, Medusa, the queen bitch of the Inhumans is now dying!

Their characters are also overall not memorable. Hell, Black Bolt isn't even featured that much even though he's the most popular Inhuman. It's all just so stupid,and the Inhuman show is now pretty much the final nail in the coffin for the Inhuman franchise.

I think it would have had a chance if not for the weird looking medusa it just looks so uncanny valley

>Ike is a fucking duncehead. He wants to make the Inhumans into the next X-men, but he doesn't have ANY patience or clue on how to do it. The X-men didn't just get popular overnight. Their cast of colorful and relatable characters and struggles is what got them to be well-liked.
Sounds exactly like what people say about the DCEU