Doctor Aphra #12 (Sep 13)
Star Wars #36 (Sep 13)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=0k_dEJPGCVU

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fz2N5aIzJJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is she, /swco/?

Death Trooper best trooper

She is not a dickgirl

>tfw no giant blue Chuchi girlcock in my mouth

god, this meme is shit. fuck off.

Found a planet design from the cancelled Maul video game. Looks like Savage is in it. The plot for this game was all over the place, it kept going in flux from the clone wars era to the legacy era.

.>Young Maul training under Palpatine
to
>Newly Revived Maul
>Savage Opress
and then
>Maul's decendent or frozen in carbonite
>Death Watch
>Darth Krayt
>Darth Talon

Personally I liked the Legacy idea bc we didn;t have anything in that era, but the pre tpm origin or the clone wars tied in and fit more I guess...

What will you do when Lucasfilm finally reveals what she is?

Hey, thats my rathtar

He'll commit Harry Carey

Where are they now?

That happens a lot though with SW games. 1313 was originally going to center around a literal-who from that e3 footage until george suggested it be Boba Fett origin of some kind.

Then a lot of ideas from the force unleashed got recycled according to the art book. Dawn of the Jedi and Legacy were both video game ideas b4 becoming books and comics.

The original idea for legacy seemed pretty different from what we got.

More about the proposed 2008 "Underworld game"

The idea of an uneasy Jedi-Sith coalition set 500 years after rotj feels like it had potential, shame Legacy didn't tackle this...

And some other throwaway concepts...Maul included.

Another image of the post-legacy Jedi-Sith reunification facing off against a solo/skywalker descendant.

>meme
It's canon.

Hey vidyabro, vehiclebro here, tell me when you're through dumping Star Wars video game concept art so I can do my survey of Return of the Jedi vehicles, I don't want to interrupt your pics with mine.

>announcing reports

The fucking irony.

That guy's not even a spammer. He makes one post at the beginning of the thread. He's not breaking any rules.

Scratch that, they're referred to as the New Force Council.

Oh and a page about TFU Plagueis designs just to top things off.

Protagonist for Jedi Outlaw had some kind of force owl as a companion as well, like Assassins Creed I premise.

Those are some boring designs

Not very impressive for Plagueis no.

Vehiclebro might like this one, concept for Starkillers Rogue Shadow...

>If you won't give me your daughter's hand, I'll be forced to foreclose on Alderaan!

hey where does it say that Mirialans and that blue species have tons of dick girls anyway? I'm curios

Let's end this with a page on Shaak Ti

I never liked the Rogue Shadow honestly, I'm glad it's not canon. I liked Juno Eclipse and Rahm Kota though. TFU in general was a pretty damn fun game, but the Rogue Shadow was painfully asymmetrical in the same disgusting fashion as the nightsister speeder bike.

Nowhere, it's a meme propagated with poorly edited tweets.

Welcome to the world of modern vidya.

It's not one of my favourite designs but it's worth putting out there, something about it just doesn't like right to me though...

One of those looks like Michael Gambon. Him and Mcdiarmid could do a Plagueis movie!

It's excessive asymmetry, makes it difficult to parse. Sort of like Battleborn's literal OC donut steel designs, it prevents the viewer making head or tails of what they're looking at.

So I didn't enjoy the first few issues of Star Wars, but I'm really enjoying Vader. It often mentions events from the SW on going, though. Should I give it a second chance, or at least check out specific issues that you guys think are worth reading?

>>Maul's decendent or frozen in carbonite
>>Death Watch
>>Darth Krayt
>>Darth Talon
You blame George for that.
He saw a Talon doll on someone's desk and said "Put her in the game. She's Maul's friend"
So they had to try to add that crazy Legacy shit

It looks like Jedi Prime and Jedi Outlaw became Dawn of the Jedi and Legacy respectively.

And then Underworld became 1313 and Maul went into production. Of course we all know how this ends.

I heard about that, complete mess of a plot that would've been. Not against a game in the Legacy era but shoehorning Darth Maul in was just a bad idea.

It looks like vidyabro is done, so here's all the unique vehicles introduced chronologically in ROTJ. Feel free to discuss them, or correct me on anything I happen to miss. Note, I won't be discussing ships that appeared earlier in-universe, in canon materials.

First, the Second Death Star. Described as larger than the first in the opening crawl, it's never been specified just how much larger to anybody's satisfaction. Recent estimates have given 200km to the first's 160km (100mi). I really love the look of it, nigh skeletal, with a huge gaping maw, as if ready to swallow the Rebellion whole. The "trench run" sequence in my opinion was better too in many ways, and I was glad to experience a mix of it and ANH's in the 2015 Battlefront game, but I was persistently outraged by the lack of playable vehicle choices.

Michael Gambon is fucking based, I've love to see him in a Star Wars movie. So bummed they wasted Max von Sydow on TFA.

I'd strongly advise reading all of it, it's worth it ultimately in my opinion despite hiccups here and there. And make sure to read the annuals as well.

It's Lucas' game so they had to play by his rules.
If he says that Maul and Talon are friends, well, you just gotta make it happen.

Yeah I'm going to bed soon, you can take it from here.

I wouldn't be against Gambon as Plagueis, alien or not. But given they've already pulled that with Snoke, Plagueis being human or something like that could be their choice if they did something with him.

Yeah, I heard all about that in the fall of Lucasarts write-up that some journalist did. He just said things and they did them regardless of whether they were coherent or not. But George can be odd like that.

Lucas helped derail that game, apparently he was constantly umming and aaahing and every week wanted something changed

Easily confused for the Home One, the MC80 "Wingless Liberty" (on the right) appears throughout Rebel Fleet shots, and is actually the first Mon Calamari cruiser prop designed - a trailing fin under the engines and the large wings on the "standard" Liberty was added after they had photographed enough shots of it to use to pad out the fleet in composites. The wings actually covered up side hangars, and the standard Liberty now has them on the keel. I wish LSG would give some love to this girl instead of perpetually fellating the Liberty (nice as it is).

George Lucas sucks and ruined Star Wars until JJ fixed it amiright?

Note: the following two models I'm about to post appeared in the background of the Rebel Fleet in ROTJ, but these designations and 3d designs by Mel's Miniatures are not canon. However, Pablo Hidalgo himself saw them, and commented - "These conjectural models are far far nicer than the real things." - so he must have seen the original props at ILM.

Anyway, first is the Mon Calamari MC20 Corvette. Not the most attractive vessel in the aquatic Mon Cal theme.

Iden's gloved hands

And the Sullustan Dreadnought. Very interesting design, and designation; the Home One Headquarters Frigate is described as being the largest ship in the Rebel Fleet at the time of Endor, and at 1920 meters, it fits the bill. How large exactly would this dreadnought be? Is the Home One's "biggest Rebel ship" status even canon any more? If not, it could very well be huge, but unfortunately I doubt it'll ever be seen or mentioned again.

I am so upset that he would not look at my character Amanda Solo-Skywalker Naruto Bananahammock, who uses the dark side and the light side equally, and doesn't let good or evil control her

WHAT
A
DICK.

>Star Wars Battlefront II is heavily advertised with "PREQUELS, LOL REMEMBER THE PREQUELS YOU GUYS?!" now that the TCW audience has grown up.
>DICE is still so anti-preuqel that they have yet to confirm Anakin fucking Skywalker as a character
>Maul doesn't have robot legs or the Dark Saber. He's just the version of himself that isn't even his character anymore
>A game pushing the prequel narrative so hard still refuses to acknowledge lead characters like Anakin Skywalker in favor of OT characters Yoda and a normie version of Maul

What did they mean by this?

The famous dolphin-shaped MC80 Liberty Mon Cal cruiser first appears in ROTJ to the extent of my knowledge, though it might have been mentioned in a prior novel or spied in a comic that I can't recall. They blow away ISDs in Shattered Empire and at Jakku, and these babies are going to be getting a lot of attention in Battlefront 2, and though I prefer the other Mon Cal cruisers, I can't complain about seeing them in action.

These almost look like Covenant ships.

That dude's an autist no doubt but I've never understood what public ally humiliating these sadsacks on Twitter is supposed to accomplish.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

They said they are fixing LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE problem EA BF1 had

It's going to be PERFECT

Everything I've EVER WANTED

BEST STAR WARS GAME EVER

persecution complex

not my fault we get shills here everyday

Entertainment? The guy was clearly just sucking up to Pablo so he could pitch his stuff. Also as a reminder that Pablo legally can't hear your fanfiction ideas.

Aw, it's learning. How cute.

>What did they mean by this?
It means you're deaf as fuck because Anakin was already in the space battles trailer. He's a pair with Ahsoka, who was also in the trailer, and she wasn't announced yet either. It's still a """surprise""" they're waiting for the right time to reveal.

>Entertainment?

Seems petty.

>Also as a reminder that Pablo legally can't hear your fanfiction ideas.

He didn't mention anything about this, though.

>People actually like the KOTOR games

I dropped it when I swung a sword at a door and I missed more times than I hit

While it certainly sounds like both of them, it is in no way confirmed.

Oh damn I forgot all about Nien Nunb's ship the Mellcrawler. It appears in the Princess Leia comic (pictured) and is destroyed in the Journey to the Force Awakens novel "Moving Target" during the theft of the Lambda class Imperial Shuttle Tydirium. Nien Nunb gets an identical new one called the Mellcrawler II shortly after Endor, and he flies it with Lando to help save Naboo from Operation Cinder.

What are the chances of Thrawn appearing at BF2?

That's D20 mechanics for ya. People like KOTOR in spite of this, not because of it ya oaf. They're the only Star Wars RPGs available.

Not my fault TCW attracts the biggest of the whiny autists Star Wars has and the only time anyone will pay you any attention in a video game ever again will be when you get another Lego Clone Wars game.

FIRST ORDER AND RESISTANCE FACTIONS
W
H
E
N

Although a prototype appeared in Star Wars Rebels, the A/SF-01 Blade Wing does away with the manned ball turret at the opposite end of the cockpit, and to my knowledge no longer retains the death star superlaser style concentric-focus beam ion cannon. Do not be fooled by its ungainly appearance, they are not the swiftest craft but they can and do tough it out against TIEs as well as capital ships. They are responsible for the destruction of the Devastator at the Battle of Endor.

I definitely agree than a D20 based game is far better suited to pen and paper than it is to video games.

Ahsoka is already confirmed to be in BFII, so are both TCW and Rebels characters and weapons/vehicles.

Also Lego Star Wars 3 was great, fuck off.

>I definitely agree than a D20 based game is far better suited to pen and paper than it is to video games

Hardly. The problem he's describing is still a regular occurence at early levels in DnD. And the actual tabletop Star Wars D20 game is even worse IMO.

SAGA edition is actually very decent.

Certainly the worst vehicle in Return of the Jedi, and possibly in Star Wars, the Ewok Glider has no aerodynamic means of producing lift to speak of; it's only feasible use is hopefully slowing the terminal descent to the ground via the increase in surface area. Logically, even the rocks are more effective against the AT-ST than this thing ever could hope to be.

What exactly are you asking for my baka senpai?

>Ahsoka is already confirmed to be in BFII, so are both TCW and Rebels characters and weapons/vehicles.
Link?

Meh, I'll take FFG or the ancient D6 system any day.

Perhaps they were towed.

Also damn the man who chose to use Ewoks instead of Wookies

You can hear Ahsoka's voice in one of the trailers

>TFW no Lego Star Wars HUB game
>Base game has 1-6 like The complete Saga but with Lego Star Wars II mechanics
>No cutscenes with voice acting, but not movie dialogue. Instead whacky takes ont he scens like in the Lego specials.
>You can buy 1 movie or a season of a TV show for $5 DLC
>Every few years they resell the game for $60 with all the current DLC packaged with it
>Could even make fun campaigns like the Free Maker adventures

Holy fuck Disney take my god damn money.

first order and resistance factions in force arena

that wasnt ahsoka's voice. it was a female republic trooper

>>it was a female republic trooper
>>female republic trooper
>>female

user... they're clones.

The RZ-1 A-wing interceptor appeared in truncated vanilla design in Rebels, but a souped-up variant focused on speed and based on the Joe Johnston concepts rather than Ralph McQuarrie's appeared in ROTJ to great effect.

I love the ewoks, indeed I'm even glad they appeared in ROTJ instead of wookiees, I just despise that preposterous design. Also Leia's tribal ewok hair is probably her worst hairdo in the series, whereas her scalp braid (also seen in ESB) and her Boushh helmet hair are the sexiest shit.

Dennis Brannvall said Ahsoka and Anakin will be in the game in future free dlc, and you can hear them both speak in the Starfighter Assault trailer as Y-wings and ARC-170s fly by.

For my part, I found DND to be a much more pleasant experience than KOTOR. Then again, I'm willing to suffer such ridiculousness in a tabletop game with friends than I am in a videogame where it really shouldn't exist.
>that's xcom baby

Trans Squadron

98% of the Republic army positions were clones; troopers, pilots, basic officers. Admirals and Generals were regular humans (Yularen, Tarkin, a couple others) or Jedi.

the fact that the animation shows my sword making contact with the door and then being told it missed pisses me off

You had to use your imagination a lot more in older games

This is the Joe Johnston design from the ROTJ Sketchbook. His version was elongated to the one we see in ROTJ. In Rebels we see an A-wing with the same coloration style as the famous Ralph McQuarrie artwork, but with dimensions and proportions closer to this. In TLJ we're getting one that's practically the same as the original McQuarrie version, but with the colors inverted.

Not only that it was a female voice that sounded like Ahsoka bantering with a male voice that sounded like Anakin, totally distinguishable from the Dee Bradley Baker and Temuera Morrison clones.

youtube.com/watch?v=fz2N5aIzJJY

Well, it sounds like RPGs just aren't for you my young friend.

It was funny the first time. It got old the second time. After the 86th posting your just annoying.

It wasn't even funny the first time.

You mean D20 based RPGs. Games like mass Effect I love. Whoever thought a turn based D20 system was good for Star Wars game where you are supposed to be a Jedi needs to be burned at the stake.

Here's the only shot I can find of an unnamed Rebel gunship/attack shuttle from the Shattered Empire comic, set during and immediately after the Battle of Endor. It's a bit of a shame we don't get any more information on this thing, but it's a bigger shame that ILM didn't share the design of the U-wing in time for the artists to stick it into the comic.

I hope we see more of the U-Wing
I really love that design

Dude you already admitting you're just shilling your own video. Stop.

Well that's cause Mass Effect is an ARPG rather than a CRPG. And is equally shit for different reasons, but that's beside the point.

>Whoever thought a turn based D20 system was good for Star Wars game where you are supposed to be a Jedi needs to be burned at the stake

That's absurd. It's not even turn-based, it's RTWP. Anyway, the allure comes not from the combat but from the freedom of choice in developing your character from a stat and role-playing perspective. D20 was just the go-to for many such games back then, and it helped that there was also an official D20 Star Wars PnPRPG being published at the time.

It's just a different type of experience, and there's no shortage of Jedi-focused action games. Try the Jedi Knight or Force Unleashed games instead.

A Fantasy Flight Games original(?) design that was originally (or at least temporarily) part of the EU, the Imperial Raider-class Corvette is going to be the home ship of Iden Versio and Inferno Squad in the Battlefront 2 campaign. Thank BF2 for making this thing canon.

This will be the last vehicle chronicle I make for the ROTJ era, having exhausted my memory and picture archives, and the Star Wars Databank. If anybody else remembers or spotted something I missed, please speak up, and don't be afraid to discuss your opinions on the vehicles of Star Wars. I'll continue on The Force Awakens vessels tomorrow.

>Thank BF2 for making this thing canon.
Technically the Thrawn novel beat EABF2 to the punch. One is used by Thrawn during his rise to Grand Admiral.

Oh you're right it was namedropped there. He wasn't actually on it, but it was within his fleet, during the latter half of the book when he was already commanding an ISD.

I really hope Rian delivers on his comments that the saber-fighting in TLJ is grounded on Samurai cinema, because JJ said the same thing and the saber fights in TFA just looked clumsy and not at all samurai-like.