We Bare Bears is so popular in South Korea that the bears were mascots for a baseball game

Hopefully this means we get more seasons.

twitter.com/AtomoNetwork/status/906315729732911104

regularcapital.com/2017/09/cartoon-network-at-pixelatl-2017-overview/

There was also a special We Bare Bears lecture with the show’s creator – Daniel Chong and with the show’s supervising director – Manny Hernández. During the lecture, both Daniel and Manny talked about how the show was developed from a web comic (Three Bare Bears) into a full animated series produced by Cartoon Network Studios. Some concept artwork were shown and there was an interesting fact that was shared about the show’s popularity in South Korea – the three bears, Grizzy, Panda and Ice Bear appeared as mascots during a baseball game in South Korea.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8uEaQGXOyiQ
youtu.be/yHRonIfqswA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is the appeal of this show? It just seems like the blandest possible unfunny slice of life trash.

It's comfy.

Getting to see well-meaning, but socially challenged animals fuck around and struggle to fit in with people.

It's fun and comfy

In the new episode, something struck me as off. Kyle was able to identify the eucalyptus tree in Nom Nom's mansion as the only they used to climb in their childhood, which Nom Nom confirmed. Kyle was supposedly faking it, but based on how the news reporter asked Nom Nom about how his family felt about his success despite Nom Nom not knowing where his family is or who they are, he hasn't revealed much about his past, so how did Kyle know that was the tree Nom Nom used to climb?

How sexy are the mascots? Asking for a furend

>bare bear bullshit
It's truly horrible that the only good current CN series are Gumball and Villainous (the short series) and those don't get even the slightest recognition from the public domain. Maybe Gumball gets some reco in Japan and India but sure as fucking hell not in the US or Europe.

found a video of them
youtube.com/watch?v=8uEaQGXOyiQ
>body is just straight cut off at the base for the legs
Confirmed shit

>t. waifufag

this. no dumbass shipping to be had. no big evil. no bait-and-switch with genres. just bears doin shit and bein goofy.

To add on to this the characters aren't all snarky assholes, very little random humour, and some nice character backstory.

what a cute dork, any good merch?

China and Korea get all kinds of crazy exclusive We Bare Bears merch in comparison to the states
It really isn't fair

Fuck, really? Well at least that means the show will continue to get new seasons

Some people prefer bland over something that offends them (plus if you had a neighbour who wanted you dead and had nukes, you'd want bland too)

It's funny, the humor just isn't the main draw. There's little laugh out loud moments, it's just appropriately contemporary and comfy with endearing characters.

Please don't bully the bears.

that or not everything needs to be damn over the top all the time.

>caring about worst Korea

They really did well to include a Korean family. It's nice seeing a cartoon get appeal over there.

>Villainous
stopped reading there

It is, it's comfy and inoffensive. Very easy watch.

Waifus are the most important part of any cartoon

I suppose this is why the show still airs despite its poor ratings. It's popular overseas like Ben 10

Poor ratings = Not whacky enough for the kids.

What about Chloe and the girls the bears meet

It is. It's banal wannabe cutesy SoL webcomic bullshit animated as a cartoon. Not surprised Gookreans would love something so shit.

It's not banal; the characters can carry a story on their own in both baby and adult forms.

Nintendo did some Switch commercials with WBB, but I didn't notice much posting about them. The Splatoon 2 one is cringey shit, but the ARMS one is okay. Too bad I don't care about the game at all.
youtu.be/yHRonIfqswA

Ice Bear wants to throw out the first pitch.

>baby bears
That's if you can understand what they're fucking saying.

The VAs are good.

Oh damn, didn't know about these! Thanks for sharing!

apparently some people don't consider it a story unless there are clear antagonists/universe ending threats to deal with.

i mean there is a story but they want something more/else to make it worth their time.

>if you can understand what they're fucking saying.
You suffer from hearing loss?

>Koreans have been exposed to the marvels of giant burritos

This will only make Seoul and LA even closer

yup, nu-PPG is also kept alive with over seas ratings

I hope so. I really feel like there isn't another show like this right now. It's just so chill.

Buffalo-Bell, Polly, Leona >>> Bears

Japan wins again.

they should go to japan and hang with that one baseball bear mascot

He spelled neighbor with a "u", ignore him.

Gooks have good taste in cartoons.

WBB is a pretty good anime. Miki-chan is best waifu.

It's cute and easy to watch. It's the closest thing to the classic era of cartoon cartoons in its simple premise but just a bit more grounded in its delivery.

I also honestly think it's got the nicest artwork of all the current CN shows

The backgrounds are so nice to look at.

>classic era
Which era is classic? Examples?

>I don't like this, how can anyone else?
Autism

I want bear nuts

Just how big is We Bare Bears, inb4 it's CN's most profitable show right now.