DuckTales 2017 - "Woo-oo!" Pilot Talkback Thread

I just checked out the 2-part pilot of the new DuckTales show. It was pretty fun.

I'm not sure how I feel about the voice cast thus far. The voices for Huey, Dewey, and Louie felt odd right off the bat. Not bad, but not how I pictured their characters sounding.

I thought Webbigail was voiced by Kristen Schaal until the credits said she was voiced by Kate Micucci; they sound very similar apparently.

Scrooge being voiced by David Tennant was unexpected, but he did a fine job.

The story itself was really fun. The way the first part segued into the second part with the new theme song worked really well IMO. I feel like the creative team respects the high-adventure nature of the show and stayed true to that theme. Good stuff all around.

And the way the pilot ends on a bit of a cliffhanger where Dewey reveals the corner of the old painting and exclaims, "Mom??" was compelling; I'm looking forward to see what kind of overarching plot we might see in the show.

What did you think?

> Watch online at youtube.com/watch?v=gP0Neif7Y4E

Other urls found in this thread:

watchcartoononline.com/ducktales-2017-episode-1-woo-oo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was good. I agree the triplet's voices are a little off but I like all of those actors so it didn't bother me that much. Launchpad made me laugh more than I thought he would.

I find it strange that Donald is the only duck whose voice is so fucked up. I know it's been around since the beginning but I could barely understand what he was saying most of the time.

I liked it

New episode W H E N

>I could barely understand what he was saying most of the time.

Agreed. The guy sounds like the classic Donald Duck voice we've always heard, but I legitimately need subtitles to understand him half the time. It's just a biiit too much for me to understand unless it's a really short sentence.

Fuuck me too.

>Launchpad
I'm worried that they'll overuse him but the "I'm a pilot" joke was great

I feel like "Oh no the ground" is going to be used at least a few more times.

>The guy sounds like the classic Donald Duck voice we've always heard
That's because it's the same guy who's been voicing him for the last 30 years.

Webby is cute. I like that she's an autist obsessed with the Duck family.

>Video not available in your country
Furious_Donald.gif

I personally love the cast. I'm a fan of almost everyone in it from other things/

>I find it strange that Donald is the only duck whose voice is so fucked up.
His voice is like that because he is so angry all the time.

I hope we see more of the McDuck, Duck, and Coot family tree. Or at least members.

That family is one weird tangle of just about anything.

And we can meet Donald's cousins, Gladstone Gander and maybe Gus Goose.

Gladstone's long confirmed, man.

I think the reason is that now Donald is surrounded by all these normal human voices, so he's comparatively harder to understand.

I think the pilot did its job of wheting the appetite for more Ducktales. Love the ending.

Two weeks from now. September 23rd.

>Talk-back
Nigga what? That shit aired weeks ago

watchcartoononline.com/ducktales-2017-episode-1-woo-oo

I can understand him easily in KH

You'll need to buy the bluray for closed captioning.

Never seen the comics. Only the 80's cartoon.

Loved it. Was expecting to hate it because I thought I'd have to know about the comics but no, it seems decent.

>I thought Webbigail was voiced by Kristen Schaal until the credits said she was voiced by Kate Micucci; they sound very similar apparently.
Nostalgia critic seemed to think it was School, I didn't think they sounded similar at all

>School
meant Schaal, when did Safari start auto correcting?

It sounded different from Kristen Schaal but I didn't recognize the voice as Kate Micucci's until she started talking a little slower after her first scene.

Her voice was familiar but it took a minute to realize where else I had heard her from.

It's just an excuse to make a new thread.

Darkwing when?

It's alright but I seriously hope they tone down the triplets in the future

can't wait to see how Webby will bring about the end of the world and get off scot-free.

There's no ship like hero worship. Also this makes me wonder, do you think the creators of the show have seen this yet?

But Webby's more of Dipper. And all of them are invested in adventure. So there isn't really a Mabel

most likely someone who works on the show has seen it.

yeah, right now she's Dipper.

haha, do you think she just flops down in bed after lying about taking a bath like dipper?

haha, I bet she smells really bad and would taste like sweat, wouldn't it be funny if you licked her?

Why is Disney doing this?
How do they expect to build a fan following with these wonky schedules.
This is how they ruined Milo.

calm your tits, it was to build up the hype before the proper season launch

Get help, user.

I have sought it and the prescription is webby's webs on my face