MCU will explore Rocket's past in future movies

Fucking called it. Get ready for non stop animal abuse because this will get pretty dark.

slashfilm.com/rocket-raccoon-origin-story-2/

Will we see more creatures like him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iznhXtYfT3o
twitter.com/Matsu_5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what a spicy little racoon bitch. love to see him wriggle

Wow dude you're a fuckin prophet predicting that. What else you got lol just kidding fucko

It's a reference to Gunn's earlier claim about the soft retcon of one information from the first movie. It's in the article.
Unless that's what you meant. Then you're a fucking prophet.

Rocket and Groot heist movie feat. Howard the Duck, Cosmo the Space Dog, and Wal-Rus when?

good taste

Too happy. Both GotG movies ended with a crying mourning Rocket. They have to keep kicking him in the balls.

>heist movie

Ant-man was that and it was a pretty fucking mediocre Heist.

The Breaking Bad guys stealing some chemicals from a train or something was waaay more exiting

wonder if they will keep halfworld and those scientists or switch to something else?

I hate Rocket so much

They will rip off telltale.

I can't wait for some quips to lighten the mood

>this will get pretty dark

Well in his canon history, he and other earth animals were uplifted with genetic engineering and robot enhancements so they could be care takers for the mentally disturbed on a wacky, comedy, sci fi parody world.

>Marvel
>Dark

Come on man.

It's Disney. Of course we will see tortured and dead animals. A more hardcore version of the telltale game.

which has already been retcon'd thrice in the comics

But remember when Ultron sang the Pinocchio song?!!! That movie was dark as hell.

I wasn't aware of it but it explains quite a lot. I was reading his biography and it contradicts itself numerous times. Comics really are a mess. Now Rocket somewhat resembles the movie version but he seems to be quite a pervert compared to the one in MCU.

Halfworld could be a cool setting for a movie.

>Fucking called it

You and everyone else with half a brain.

Nova.

>obviously trying to tie howard the duck to rocket
You have really high expectations to be disappointed by.

Howard is an alien not an experiment. Rocket said he's the only one. Which means that the rest died somewhere along the way or that's just what he thinks. Some speculate that they may meet Rocket for the first time in the future.

I would watch a Halfworld movie

>howard is an alien
You say that when starlord is now half celestial.

I want to see Rocket suffering

are you implying that celestials aren't alien?

and Cosmo

Im implying that canon doesn't matter.

I just want future GOTG movies to have good writing, I don't even care what they will be about.

>Rocket gets the most development in GotG Vol. 2
>Backstory will be further explored in Vol. 3
>Has had the biggest arc over the movies so far

He's going to die.

I hope there will be a scene where he has hot gay sex with someone and it is treated as like college sexual experimentation.

No, he's something between Peter and Gamora who are the main couple and Groot and Drax who only have small subtplots. He's the most interesting they can't lose him.

They wouldn't. Not after the last stunt they pulled. Besides, they need him alive for the merchandising.

Oh man, I'd love to hear what constitutes good writing to you.

He will never have hot gay sex with you, don't worry.

Good, because he would probably murder whoever it was to keep it secret.

Movie Rocket probably never had any kind of sexual experience.

I want to see Rocket succing

They will give him a waifu and kill her immediately you'll see.

I can't wait for the robot hookers.

His origin will involve the high evolutionary.
Between this, and connecting it to Adam Warlock, this is a no-brainer.

>They didn't get Denis Leary to voice Howard
Missed opportunity.

Yondu had some. Rocket doesn't need them.

Well,rocket is awesome however I think they want the Asian market.

I'm not exaggerating here Japan loves raccoons. Heck they love them so much they introduced them to their island and now they can't get rid of them.

And now with Kememe friends bringing a new generation of racoon lovers this is the perfect time to sell racoon themed stuff to the japanese market.

Or probably it's just a coincidence, however the case you can expect Disney to get loads of money with anything racoon related in the following years.

>What if we made Xmen Origins: Racoon edition?

Hoo boy prepare to get emotionally attached to a cgi otter girl right before she gets murdered.

Cool, I want more comic movies that are centered around personal journeys rather than grab-that-mcguffin. GotG 2 was at least a mixture of the two.

James Gunn is a furry isn't he

Rocket is the perfect Marvel character for Disney. Furfags everywhere have their dicks hard in anticipation for this.

>his will get pretty dark.
No it won't, are you fucking stupid? How could you possibly expect a Marvel movie to be dark?

You got Rocket for furries, you got Drax for barafags, and you got Star-Lord and Gamora for normies. You just need a twink villain for trapfags and fujoshits.

>Hiya Sup Forums
>I sure hope I don't get a lethal injection and die in front of Rocket, scarring him emotionally for the rest of his life

You are a furry, aren't you?

She will likely appeal, but that image is fake.

There was a second guardians of the galaxy movie?
Was it any good?

>but that image is fake.

Nah it's from the Telltale game

WE'VE BEEN MADE

CHEESE IT BOYS

I don't know why you're baiting like this but GotG 2 is the best Marvel movie to date

How is Rockets origin story different from wolverines?

So we're getting a Marvel version of Zystopia?
youtu.be/iznhXtYfT3o

Well yeah, they killed a kid.

>Telltale game
Funny how there is a game with a completely different canon.

>murdered
don't you mean she betrays him?

Yee, I wish they actually go for it and start experimenting with their movies, that's one way to avoid the capeshit bubble to burst and also every movie being about a megalomaniac or global level threat is starting to get boring.

Well shit, more angsty Rocket. Both in movies and in comics.

I like angsty rocket

This looks so much interesting than mediocre movie about rookie bunny cop.

Chill ranger Rocket is best Rocket though.

He just needs to work through his problems and he'll go from angsty to chill

No need to go through angsty
Dude was born a talking raccoon to take care of a bunch of happy nutjobs
He's even got a cockny accent or something
And now vn has his own tree to hang out and chill at

Well yeah but we're talking about movieverse here.

Raccoons have extra sensitive hands, don't they? Is holding hands with one an intense experience to them?

Well yeah, it was screwed from the start. At best his past could just not be addressed again, or retconned, which might really piss off some movie fans.

Nah, delving into it could make for a good story. Plus it would kind of make him the odd one out from the team. Pete watched his mom die and had to grow up tough and mean amongst Ravagers, Gamora's people were wiped out and she was raised by Thanos, Drax had his family murdered and Rocket... chilled out with a talking tree on a hippy mental health program planet?
A big part of their dynamic in the movieverse is that they're all damaged and they've all suffered loss.
But if they go into Rocket's past they should explore Drax's past a bit more too. With Gamora we have Nebula to explore her past, Peter has flashbacks and Ego and Yondu, but Rocket and Drax just have whatever is mentioned.

I could see Gunn making High Evolutionary an alien (makes more sense TBQH) who created Rocket.

Will we see how Rocket and Groot met and fell in love?

Their hands touched as they were both eating garbage out of the same dumpster

>next 10 years of the MCU
Jesus. Do people still care about this shit? I stopped watching after Ant-Man, and it was pretty painfully bland long before that.

I only care about Guardians and Punisher on Netflix.

I only watched a few episodes of Guardians before giving up. The only good Netflix Marvel stuff has been the first season of Daredevil and Jessica Jones. It all went to mediocrity pretty quick, much like the movies.

>I only watched a few episodes of Guardians before giving up.

?

Oh wait you're thinking of Defenders, I think. I meant Guardians of the Galaxy and Punisher.

Oh. Yeah. That's what I meant.

But talking about Guardians, I skipped the second one. It just looked like more of the first, and I was pretty bored by the first one.

Well Guardians 2 is my favourite Marvel movie but if you didn't like the first then I doubt you'd like the sequel.

Well makes sense, he was pretty much the second main character in the Vol. 2

Sauce for the cute art?

>Inb4 the trailer plays In the aarrrms of an aannngel

Lemme try and find it

>let me
>lemme
>homosexual tumblr art

just stop breathing please thanks

Here you go
twitter.com/Matsu_5

Rude.

ugh, not again.

>whines about tumblr while talking like a tumblrwhale

Thank you!

I'm going to go out on a lumb here and predict that Starlord and Gamora will also see more depth added to their background and relationship in future films.

Please no. Nothing cliche like this.
But yes, she's coming.