What's the worst looking cartoon hands down these days?

what's the worst looking cartoon hands down these days?

Pic related, even Steven Universe looks better than that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I2evXjPVodQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YwENwKiAn6M
youtube.com/watch?v=653M8yaNyu4&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=NRrqwJXCCKs
youtube.com/watch?v=8OosUh8Yois
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The theme song's rockin' though

Why's it bad exactly?

It's great, it's called a stylistic choice. Actual animation is pretty damn good.

People are trying to turn people's complaints on Steven Universe to OK KO instead to draw away Negative Attention.

Steven Universe draws characters Off-Model all the time which doesn't fit with the tone or artstyle of the show. OK KO Is a much sillier and simply drawn cartoon but SU fans are trying to deflect the complaints about SU being off model to OK KO instead.

It's a rather fun show, you should try it.

Don't worry OP, once Summercamp Island comes out it no longer will be.

I'll go with Archer. It's a worse looking version of Sealab's look.

sick spooks

>Why's the art style to OK KO bad?
>W-w-well it's all these SU posters you see, it's all their fault

You got asked a question user, this isn't Question Time or the start of a Monty Python sketch, stop deflecting.

>it's called a stylistic choice.
>I-IT'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK SHITTY

If they are going to use doodles and call them characters the animation better be fucking superb

...and this show doesn't have good animation

>An artstyle I don't like
>IT MUST BE SHIT

it doesn't look shitty

Yes, the artstyle looks like shit, therefore, I don't like it. Don't really understand what point you're trying to make.

Subjective.

since the artstyle is shit and somehow worse than steven universe S4, let's consider the plot and characters

>we are mr. gar's employees
>we'll always save the day
>that's why the people of this plaza believe in

Ian can't into originality, he even stole Cookie's look.

Were you the guy making autist posts against this show before it came out? I remember those.

It's at least charming, and there are brief flashes of intelligent direction and genuine effort. I'd say it's the best animated show on TV, actually, for the sole reason that it isn't afraid to play around within the restraints of its budget/format, and it does it well.

>Circles for hands and heads
>Incorrectly proportioned
>Characters have no depth, no lighting, no sense of weight
>Their clothes are painted ontop their bodies

Sorry, bro. It's objectively horrible and garish.

This. I love it so much, very catchy and glorious, I feel we're lacking good themes recently

It's fucking disgusting to look at. I made this in less than a minute. It's just fucking shitty doodles that look like a high schoolers first attempt at drawing anime.

>I'd say it's the best animated show on TV, actually, for the sole reason that it isn't afraid to play around within the restraints of its budget/format, and it does it well.
fuck you, adventure time is still miles above this, even Teen Titans go!

it is done by a nigger.
so was going be shit.

>Bojack Horseman
>Family Guy
>OK KO
>Regular Show
>Steven Universe
>Adventure Time
>MLP
>Archer
>Bob's Burgers
All ugly and cheap looking.

the character design looks really ugly and the animation makes them look even worse

What I dislike about this is that they are using the idea of ''simple artwork can be good despite not being too detailed'' and using it as an excuse to use these shitty designs

Ok KO is the only one of the bunch that looks waaay worse

Imma be honest, I think OK K.O.'s artstyle is really good

Imma be honest, I think you're a retard with shit taste.

it's almost like it's trying to emulate your middleschool drawings or something

Wow that looks like shit. even by doodle standards. worse than the show even. Is that even possible?

Seriously user, how did you mess up so bad?

>faggots in this thread can't into animation

The show is fine. There's better and there's worse, but it's far from dog shit. I'd take it over the stiltedness of TTGO any day.

>simplistic artstyle like OK KO gets shit on
>absolutely garish shit that's horrifing to look at like Rugrats gets a free pass

I like OK K.O.

Rugrats has an ugly artstyle, but it's one that's drawn with great technical skill
OK KO has an ugly artstyle that's drawn with little to no skill.

>it's almost like it's trying to emulate your middleschool drawings or something

so the argument is that is aiming at bad?

Also I don't even know what ''middle school drawings'' means, is not like that's an art style or something, if anything is a lack of talent

so sick of ''99% of the cas has circles for eyes'' and now they are going for ''circles for hands''...

why is there so much shilling for this cartoon?
I'm keeping up with it and I still don't get the buzz.

geeks over praise anything that is a story with video game references.

Ok Ko!, Ready Player 1, Scott Pilgrim, Wreck it Ralph, all mediocre films that got praise because of ''muh video game references''

I like it.

DUDE A PIECE OF POPULAR MEDIA REFERENCED VIDEO GAMES
DUDE THIS VALIDATES VIDEO GAMES
DUDE THIS PIECE OF POPULAR MEDIA IS THE FUCKING BEST

The character designs are all really safe. So much so to the point where they look like doodles VS completed concepts.

Also they use the circle hands/oval feet because fuck actually animating or giving anything too much detail, right?

I mean look at all their faces in that pic alone, that is some fucking family guy level facial expression shit.

The guy and the girl are wearing the same. Fucking. Shirt.

The blue dudes arms are out of proportion yo his actual upper chest.

I've done a decent enough job ripping that one screenshot apart, I really wouldn't want to see anything else.

If you're from studio yogurt and reading this I hope you fucking step your game up.

>The guy and the girl are wearing the same. Fucking. Shirt.
The ripped blue tank-tops are part of their employee uniforms. KO has a jacket because they were out of tank-tops. This is mentioned in the first epside.
>Also they use the circle hands/oval feet because fuck actually animating
They do hands when needed (like pic related). Though I can see why people don't like it
>The blue dudes arms are out of proportion yo his actual upper chest.
Rad's upper chest is a rectange under his tank-top so it all connects together.

You should give the show an actual watch before throwing around criticism and being smug about it.

I don't know why, but I don't mind OK KO's designs. I think the way the show flips from fluid animation to choppy in a parody form of animu actually works for the off-kilt designs.

>because it has a backstory that means it doesn't look bad

Three main characters wearing the same thing always looks bad, regardless of personal taste. Power puffs had different colors, power rangers had different colors, ninja turtles had different colors. Fuck you

>it's a rectangle

His shoulders aren't connected to his upper torso. Both his arms exist entirely on their own laid on top of the shirt. No shirt is that tight or constricting to where you'd see the entirety of the arms like that.

The animation is definitely worse but the episode plots are by far more tolerable than Steven Universe.

Oh look at this still frame screenshot the animation must be horrible therefor the whole thing must be terrible, amirite?

youtu.be/I2evXjPVodQ

(spoiler)somewhat off topic but I personally really like this and OKKO. Sometimes you shouldn't judge a show by its stills.(/spoiler)

From what I know this show is write by storyboards, and not a room of writers and it makes the whole thing flow better than things like MightyMagiswords, or Steven Universe.

It's cartoons user. His arms don't have to make sense. Also the blue around the torso helps you identify that Rad, Enid, and KO are a unit. You shouldn't curse at random people, they might get upset..

All of the "units" I listed above are easier to tell that they're a unit through having different colors than the ok characters by all looking the same.

You using reaction images is utterly ridiculous.

>it's a cartoon

So that's where you wanna bring it too, huh?

Fuck you and fuck cal arts, I'm done with this one. Hopefully you take everything I said with some consideration moving forward.

You did absolutely nothing of merit to defend your points.

I dunno, I like how cartoony it is

I also think it's funny

There's not really much for me to defend you see. What more do you want me to say? Rad's design doesn't have to make sense in 3D because he's designed for 2D. What does Cal arts have to do with any of this? It's okay for you to not like it user. It doesn't really affect me.

>Fuck you and fuck cal arts

Totally got him there

I'm just wondering when Ian is gonna drop this on us.

Mighty Magiswords

but Steven Universe is still shit for a multitude of reasons

i think this show looks pretty great.

literally never heard about this show until now

just looked it up and I think it looks above average for a CN cartoon, at least in terms of animation quality: youtube.com/watch?v=YwENwKiAn6M

Why would you bother to listen to Sup Forums about animation? 99% of people here have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Dont you guts ever get tired of hating everything

At this point, its pretty hard to take anyones opinion seriously on Sup Forums. You all just bitter over everything

literally no show on CN has that level of animation of that minisode.
this is more accurate to ko
youtube.com/watch?v=653M8yaNyu4&t=3s

Each of the shorts were made by a different studio, and none of them were done by the tv series' crew.

Would you rather have your shit look like anime sameface or Disney crap?

I started off enjoying the shorts and was really excited for the premiere. Then more shorts came put that fell completely flat. I was left staring emotionless at the screen wondering if it was supposed to be entertaining and funny. That killed all of my hype for it, and then the show premiered with garbage designs and unfunny borimg stories. It has a few good moments but I no longer have any interest in following this show. I don't know how it could go so wrong.

>From what I know this show is write by storyboards, and not a room of writers and it makes the whole thing flow better than things like MightyMagiswords, or Steven Universe.
SU also does that though.

Okay. You don't have to like it.

On the plus side, this is better than what SU craps out and calls an action sequence.

>none of them were done by the tv series crew
What?
The short he linked says storyboarder by Ryan Shannon and they work on the show

boxes...ARE TERRIBLE

youtube.com/watch?v=NRrqwJXCCKs

Animation I mean. None of them were animated by the studio that does the TV series.

People always try to excuse how ugly this show looks by claiming that it's in service of the animation, but that's bullshit because the animation is still trash. I'd rather watch a flash-animated cartoon with visual flair and a unique artstyle than a traditionally animated cartoon that looks boring and flat.

I couldn't even watch it halfway through. This shit is for actual retards. There's more things wromg with the show than terrible designs.

Ah in that case ya, I think those other companies would cost to much for a full series?
Which sucks but I dont really think they have a choice about it

meh im more partial to the part before that
youtube.com/watch?v=8OosUh8Yois

Rad is known for his upper body strength
Enid is known for her lower body strength
You can immediately look at them and tell when you see them do their attacks but it's heavily implied looking at their form alone

If you wanna prove a point, maybe learn how to fucking draw, user. Even for a doodle this is shit

Honestly this show kinda sucks bros. Not very funny the action isn't very good and K.O is a douche thonestly.

>K.O is a douche thonestly.
Elaborate please.

He clearly hasn't actually watched the show

So, OK KO is finally big enough to draw whole threads of "OMG THIS SUX SO MUCH" and "NUH UH, YOU SUCK!"?

These threads are how you gauge how good a show is at engaging the audience. Shows that fail at being engaging never get these, no matter how good or bad they are overall. I guess this thread means I'm gonna go watch it. Good job OP.

>Diffrent desgins with same pallet is shit
>But recolors are fine

>what's the worst looking cartoon hands down these days?
Clarence

It's great, isn't it?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the number of seasons a show gets is directly proportional to how much Sup Forums hates it. Good news cuz this show is great.

>Actual animation is pretty damn good.
eh, it's okay at best. the fights and character and the world are boring as all fuck. the protagonist is annoying.

>worst looking
>Clarence
hold on wut
Clarence got the most varied
the most unique
the most consistent
the most genuine
the most representative-of-real-life
character models, in the game
every person in that show is a blessing from god
baby jesus shit
they got five fingers bro
five fingers
dont even try to blaspheme in here
not in this house
baby jesus shit homie

It's just more cal arts type junk, user.

It's minimalist. Put yourself in the shoes of a kid, you want an animated hero who's cute and easy to draw. Come on, you're smart. This concept should not be beyond your ken.

>the protagonist is annoying.
Are we watching the same show?

I didnt like the art to much either but Its sad to see it getting canceled
I'm surprised kids prefer TTG over this

>so lazy characters have literal circles for hands most of the time, even in fucking fight scenes where there's a close up of a fist coming towards the screen

gee, I wonder

Why is it that people who don't like SU have to constantly bring it up?

Are you the same user behind the Seth Macfarlane pasta?