My grandfather in the hell of verdun

My grandfather in the hell of verdun.

RIP

Jesus fucking Christ.

I wonder how he would feel about modern day france. Cool pic.

Are you like 60 years old?

But I was wrong, it is my great grandfather

My first cousin twice removed.. first cousin of my maternal grandfather second from your left with the 26th Yankee Division

Commanded by Edward Lawrence Logan, the 26th Division, including the 101st Regiment, engaged the Germans in numerous battles along the Western Front including; the 1918 Spring Offensive, the Third Battle of the Aisne, the Second Battle of the Marne, the Battle of Saint-Mihiel, and the massive Meuse-Argonne Offensive. It was here in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive that Private First Class Michael J. Perkins from Boston, earned the Medal of Honor. While advancing with D Company, 101st Infantry, he single-handedly neutralized a fortified pillbox with grenades, and captured 25 prisoners and 7 machine guns with his trench knife. The bloodied regiment was mustered out of service in April 1919 at Camp Devens

He got an International Airport named for him in Boston,MA

What the fuck is on his eyes?

horror

Goggles you fuck.

>It's another burgerclap pretending they were relevant in a major European war
'kay..

episode*

my great grandfather also fought at Verdun.
Lost both his legs there, our ancestors sacrificed themselves and fought against their brothers and look en Germany and France now....

My great grandfather got gased during ww1. My grandpa showed me his convocation to be working on airplanes in Italy in 1916.

Comfy Cousin says get out of my dugout.

Google didn't exist back then...

>be my grandfather
>son of sharecroppers (fuck the carpet bagger yankees)
>great depression happens
>lies about his age to enlist int ht e army so he can get free food
>WWII happens
>go to war
>goes into the Italian theater
>he and his fellow soldiers get blown up
>buried by the corpses of his friends
>found alive days later
>gets a purple heat
>goes home
>forever has ptsd
>dies in the late 90's
>watches his autistic grandson shitpost on Sup Forums fromt he heavens

You know he pissed on that pad covering his mouth FYI, and how old are you 60? Your Grandfather would have had to be born 120 years ago for that to be him!

nightmare vision goggles

I don't think having gas on your eyes is a good idea, so anti gas googles.

>!

>France
>In WW1

Good joke m8

t. Sweden

fucking useless frog, only good use is as meat for a grinder, or a hole for Arabs to fuck.

What's the difference between Frenchman and Toast?

You can make soldiers out of toast.

Grandfather participated in the Korean war
Recently passed from heart failure but was also going senile. Near his death he would rant to the family about how many gooks he killed, he was a very proud man
>tfw fiance is Korean and hears him do this

Is it true that in France the 100 year remembrance of the battle consisted in a concert by a black, muslim rapper and a bunch of faggots dancing on the graves of your solders?

>Netherlands pretending to contribute anything to a major WORLD war besides "bicycle infantry"

I pissed on a netherlands chick once. Useless.

Yes, lol.

The french are pathetic.

kek off man. This is verdun we are talking about. Lay off.

my great grandpa found out about the war ending while waiting to sign up for the Navy. His son though, (my grandpa) Fought with the 30th infantry division in battle of bulge and numerous skirmishes in Germany. Here he is in Germany in january 1945. (I posted this before In a thread so just incase anyone think Im stealing it Im not)