You can only post in this thread if your grandparent fought in ww2-WW2.0 edition

1) Your grandparent's regiment and related links if possible

2) Battles they fought in

3) Whether or not they survived and what they did after the war

Those from previous 2 threads exempt from answering.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitlerszalonna
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for tea

Oh I fucking hate you already.

Great Grandfather was Waffen SS

ask me anything

One of my grandpas fought in the II. SS-Panzerkorps and was defending during Operation Market Garden.
My other grandpa was a KPD member who fled from Prussia to Poland after the Nazis took over and later joined the Polish Home Army.

Both survived the war, family meetings were always funny.

I wrote down my stories already, so here's something interesting instead:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitlerszalonna

>family meetings were always funny.
Fuck me that's not the word I'd use.

>Australia
Yeah I guess you faggots helped.

My grandfather fell out of a guard tower at Auschwitz

Did he cut himself on the edge?

1st expeditionary infantry division, 11th regiment, fought in the battle of Montese, became a mechanic

pic related: Brazilian soldiers greeted by citizens in Italy.

My grandfather slaughtered filthy nazees for the soviet side.

Dad fought in Germany

No he fell on top of some other guy

Posting a story from my dad's side of the family:
>Dutch family in Indonesia to get that cash from tea plantations
>Japan decides to invade
>Most of the males go to fight in the Indonesia army
>One gets put as an AA gunner
>shoots down his own plane
>wewlad
>(The Indonesians had like 5 planes so this was a BIG fuck up)
>gets demoted to cook
>gets captured by the Japanese
>POW for rest of the war
>Builds Burma railroad and somehow survives by bribing officials and what not

>Adolph
These niggers can't even spell the name of their supposed number 1 enemy.

German General Otto Fretter-Pico, Commander of the 148th Infantary Division, and Italian General Mario Carloni surrender to Brazilian troops on April 28, 1945.

we have a similar one, curious

Was it htat common to use artillery to bant?

>wewlad
Sounds about right.z

great granddad killed nips during wwii, chinks in korea, and gooks in Nam

died of colon cancer

Grandpa was a B-17 gunner in Nazi Germany for the US airforce

He survived and is 90 now. This is him partying in Cuba after the war.
Woman on the right was Miss Michigan.

Also one of the nicest guys you'll meet

I'm not going to post his unit and all that shit again but I'll share another story:

>be grandad
>be Ranger
>paratroop into France on the morning of D-Day
>land on a farm outside of St. Mere Eglise
>miss the drop zone by a metric fuck ton
>wake up farmers wife
>she comes out raising hell
>he points to USA patch
>motions for her to stfu
>she literally moonwalked back inside

My grandad actually went back in the 1970s and she still lived there. She remembered him too.

>Kinda sad how the Korean war was almost completely forgotten by so many people.
My Grandad actually became a Drill instructor after WW2 and trained a lot of the Boyd who went to Korea
Wouldn't ever talk about it, had no problem talking about WW2 though
Almost half of "the greatest generation" deserted or dodged nigger

>ranger
>paratroop into France
Nigga what?

gunner in a B-24J Liberator
balls of fucking steel
hated everything japanese till the day he died

>"Korean war"
Police action. It was totally not a war.
>MFW that excuse actually worked.

Bet he would have loved anime

At least they had the guts to go to war for their country, which is more than you can say about modern beta-nu-males.

My grandfather was a captain in the Polish army, part of a unit that was attached to an air force base. When their planes were wiped out, he escaped and ended up fighting with the French resistance later in the war before waiting it out in Switzerland before moving to Chicago. He also spoke five languages and was a doctor

Medic.france.got factory job,retired early to become alcoholic, fish a lot and bitch at my grandmother.

My great Grandpa did the soldiers laundry during ww2 and his dad couldnt fight because of flatfoot.

Shit that's amazing

Grandfather was field artillery in WW2. I never met him but I'm sure he's proud that I'm a forward observer in the guard.

Kokoda

Grandfather was a mechanic in the air force. Don't know if he actually fought in any battle but the bunch of medals he got is pretty impressive. Some great-uncle fought in the first battle of Lapland War which consisted of a landing operation and seizing a supply depot that had large stores of alcohol the Germans had left behind, hence the Germans had a whole extra day to gather their forces because everyone got drunk.

He didn't paratroop with the 1st battalion. The Rangers were pretty much done after Anzio in 1943. He joined the 82nd after that because of his paratrooping experience.

my grandparents were too young to serve. they were kept in scotland during the war to be safe from the blitz

great grandparents were in WW1 though

That's really badass. I've always wanted to be on a plane desu, but my vestibular isn't very good and I always get a bit sick on planes and ships. Eh, perhaps I would've made a good artilleryman.

Not a solider but as a kid my grandaddy and his family from Holland got kicked out of their house cuz Nazis occupied their farm

When the occupation ended they came back to a pile of rubble and dug up fields, fucking nazis ruining my inheritance

One grandpa was in the 12th armored division and spent the war mortaring Germans across Bavaria. He had a lot of stories he never shared until he was old, like the time he saw a man get his guts squeezed out his mouth like a tube of toothpaste when he got ran over by a tank. His brother was in the 80th infantry division and was killed in the Battle of the Bulge. My other grandpa was a really little guy, but he was a badass. He was only about 5'3 and 120 pounds, and the army didn't want him in the infantry, but they let him into the Army Air Corps before the war started. He volunteered to fight the Japanese with the Flying Tigers after Pearl Harbor. He was shot down over Burma in 1942 and was left blind and deaf for the rest of his live from the injuries he sustained during the crash. He spent three and a half years in a Japanese prison camp before coming home, getting married, and staring a family.

My Great-Grandfather was an Austrian in the 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkoph. He fought in Belgium, France and the initial invasion of the Soviet Union before being wounded and sent back to Austria. After he healed he went with the division to try to relieve Budapest. But was cut off, the division then retreated to surrender to American Forces. But instead of Surrendering, he managed to find a fake ID, and escape to Argentina with his family. My Granddad the immigrated to America during the sixties.

Pic Unrelated (Just a picture of Totenkopf Divison)

He fucked so many men to death God thought he should die ironically.

Dad, fought in World War II, Battle of the Bulge.

My granddad fought in World War I.

Me...I haven't done shit.

grandfather went in on normandy d-day +3, he survived the entire european theater. his brother was on the USS Indianapolis, was on the boat after they delivered the A-bombs when it was sunk by subs he survived the ship sinking but was eaten by sharks...

>Me...I haven't done shit.
Until Hillary wins, that is, then you can continue your family's tradition

in relation to what he did, my grandfather made the military his career and was a brigadier general when he retired later in his life. The only place i can really remember him being stationed was as a battalion commander at Fort Hood for awhile after the war. never got to meet him tho he died when i was really young

Grandfather flew photo recon for the Navy in the Pacific. Don't know the regiment offhand. Never even occurred to me until you started this thread. I'm going to have to find that out. After the war, he became an agricultural engineer.

Oh I got a story,

Both grandparents were twins. One stayed in Germany, the other moved to America....Ended up marrying my Danish Grandma...

Anyways, One flew on the Anola Gay
The other stayed in Germany and became an SS soldier.

sorry meant to say my grandpa had a twin

>Flew on the Enola Gay
Yeah right, give name fag

My grandpa was a Seabee and he fought in the Aleutian Islands. My family always described how he'd be one of the dudes out there building airfields while getting shot at by Japs.I can never get too much info out of my family about him, but when I asked my dad if grandpa ever talked about the war, he said something like:
"Not much other than an occasional off-color comment about 'the gooks'." I always found that amusing.

Hiroshima mission
Colonel Paul W. Tibbets, Jr. – pilot and aircraft commander
Captain Robert A. Lewis – co-pilot; Enola Gay's regularly assigned aircraft commander*
Major Thomas Ferebee – bombardier
Captain Theodore "Dutch" Van Kirk – navigator
Captain William S. Parsons, USN – weaponeer and mission commander.
First Lieutenant Jacob Beser – radar countermeasures (also the only man to fly on both of the nuclear bombing aircraft)
Second Lieutenant Morris R. Jeppson – assistant weaponeer
Technical Sergeant George R. "Bob" Caron – tail gunner*
Technical Sergeant Wyatt E. Duzenbury – flight engineer*
Sergeant Joe S. Stiborik – radar operator*
Sergeant Robert H. Shumard – assistant flight engineer*
Private First Class Richard H. Nelson – VHF radio operator*

Nagasaki mission
Captain George W. Marquardt – aircraft commander
Second Lieutenant James M. Anderson – co-pilot
Second Lieutenant Russell Gackenbach – navigator
Captain James W. Strudwick – bombardier
First Lieutenant Jacob Beser – radar countermeasures
Technical Sergeant James R. Corliss – flight engineer
Sergeant Warren L. Coble – radio operator
Sergeant Joseph M. DiJulio – radar operator
Sergeant Melvin H. Bierman – tail gunner
Sergeant Anthony D. Capua, Jr. – assistant engineer/scanner

This is the Crew, which one was your Granddad.

My great uncle was in the 1st marine division and fought on the Russell Islands, Peleliu, and Okinawa. In fact he was one of the only survivors of the first landing wave on Peleliu.

He's still around and doing well.

fuck, that sounds intense. Any more info on him?

>vast, vast majority of WW2 servicemen were in non combat roles
>even the ones in infantry and armour spent most of the war doing nothing
>everyone on Sup Forums has a grandfather in the Waffen SS/silver star winner/Ranger/on the enola gay

really warms up the brain cells

I wouldn't say Rangers were done after Anzio considering they took out one of the toughest objectives on D-Day.

SUP

He finished medical school after the war and became a doctor. Also was a violinist.

Grandpa never fought in ww2, but his brothers were Serbian Partisans.

MY GRAMPS DOESNT LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE WAR BUT I KNEW HE WAS ON A SHIP AND HE HAD TO SPEND A WEEK IN A ROOM FULL OF HIS DEAD COMRADES BODIES, HERO.

HE TURNED 95 A FEW DAYS AGO

One great grandfather on my dads side served on the USS Saratoga in the Pacific and another great grandfather on my moms side was on of the Old Breed and was at Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. He actually just passed last year and he was based as fuck. Got wasted as fuck erryday until he died I think he was like 91. He was also rich as fuck and left my grandpa a shitload of money. Never met the one who was a sailor. Other great grandfathers were farmers and were exempt from the draft because they were in a war essential industry.

That was 2nd and 5th battalions. He was 1st - Darby's Rangers.

One Grandpa was a communications officer aboard the USS Columbia.

I never met the other one so I have no idea if he served during the war

That sounds fucking metal

Stalingrad, minsk, berlin, one missing in action

only the one that made it to berlin lived

we actually didn't find out until after our granddad had died

my dad found old photos of him as a pilot in WW2 in his attic

Great grandpa was Soviet tank commander. He was critically injured in Berlin, and he ended up dying a few years after from his wounds.

Not exactly grandparent but my grandmothers and grandads uncles
One fought I fought in France and returned home when the allies took over

The second one worked in a plane factory in Hamburg and escaped two days before the bombing, faked IDs with his friend on the train, said it was the worst decision in his life to join the partisans here. And the last is pic related, my grandmothers uncle who died in Russia fighting my grandads and her husbands uncle and who was in the Russian army because he was betrayed by the partisans and imprisoned by germans so later escaped and joined the Russians

My grandfather got kicked out of the Marines for playing pranks. Joined the coastguard and got drafted into the Navy. Kept playing pranks on his superiors so they made him the cook on rusty old supply ship whose entire crew were backwater southern niggers.

He was the only white guy on the ship.

4th Canadian Field Artillery.

Italy..not sure where.

Normandy survivor. Injured in Caen. Was in the netherlands for a while. Winter in the Scheldt(?) forest I'm pretty sure. Finished the war in Germany.

pic related is him and a dog that followed his unit for a few months riding in the truck that pulled the gun

>Navy Seabee
>Welder
>Survived but had major burns on his face taking most of his ear and part of his nose
>My understanding was it was a ship fire
>Afterward He worked for bell south as a lineman and made ridiculous money.
>My dad (his son-in-law) had to take a gun from him several times because of his flashbacks

Other grandpa was a marine during WWII and became a truck driver after the war.
His brother came home during his leave and died during a drunk driving crash.

Both sides, granddad won.

kek

1) 15th Panzer Division (Afrikakorps-Wehrmacht)
2) Siege of Tobruk and Battle of El-Alamein
3) Survived the war. Married a girl, build two houses, worked as metal worker, founded and lead a rifleman squad in my hometown, where he´s still remembered today.

(Not much is known, as he died many years ago)

I'm with my grandpa right now. He served a submarine the USS Sunfish. He figured on a sub he'd come back in one piece or not at all.

interesting way of looking at it.

Any pictures? My grandfather babysat a surrendered UBoat after the war with some men. Was later sunk as target practice unfortunately.

He's doing pretty good for 91, working on a puzzle right now.

3 relatives of my Grandmom died for the Wehrmacht, one on the Krim.
Grand-Grand Dad was a policeman, stationed in Frankfurt/M in 1944 to fight on the Western Front

By the end of the war Waffen SS recruited heavily in non german lands.

My grandpa told me most people didnt chose, you either joined Ustaše(pro german) or Partisans(commies) depends which faction came to the town/village first.

Maybe not Americans and Brits, but almost everyone on mainland seen combat in first hand and many of them participated.

He doesn't look a day over 83 and has the smile of a 60 y old

My family changed their name so all I know is that my great grandfather was named Adolf and I've been told he was one of the great leaders for the German forces during WWII.

Great grandfather was a nazi pilot, died during the war

He doesn't believe you and wants to know what your drinking.

He does look damn good for his age though

I know my grandfather fought in the Pacific, he brought back an Arisaka. Not sure what regiment or anything though. He survived and lived a long life, he died in 1999.

Grandfather Fought in Egypt clearing out the remains around 1944-1946 slaughtering krauts like a true hero

Artillery negros can math?

Fought in New Guinea and particularly on Boganville. Tough bugger is still kicking around.

niggers: Hitler needs to get rid of that race too.

>Guerilla Intelligence Officer in the Philippines, worked with US military

>Liberation of the Bicol provinces

>Survived and had 11 kids. Later became a successful lawyer

>All his kids are now doctors, lawyers, accountants, and politicians.

This photo is of my Grandfather on my mother's side. He was 23 years old at the time, a Private serving as a Bren Gunner in the 2/23rd Battalion, 9th Australian Infantry Division (The infamous 'Rats of Tobruk.') The photo was taken during the Battle of Tarakan, Borneo, in early 1945. To his right is his loader, who was his best mate, having grown up in the same neighbourhood (most of the battalion was drawn from the suburb of Albury in Melbourne.)

He never spoke much about the war, and he died when I was still relatively young, but I don't believe he liked Japanese people and never truly forgave them for the atrocities they committed during the war.

His older brother was a navigator on a Lancaster bomber serving with the RAF in Europe, who was shot down and declared missing presumed dead over Holland returning from a bombing mission over Germany in early 1943, which lead to him signing up.

Family legend has it that Pop was recommended for a bravery medal after covering the withdraw of his section with the Bren during a fierce Japanese counter-attack occuring as the assault on a heavily defended ridge line at the height of the invasion of Tarakan was carried out by his battalion, which was in the front lines for most of the battle.

Upon hearing of his recommendation, he is supposed to have responded with 'If you're going to give me a bloody medal, give one to all the other blokes here, they have earned it just as much as I.' We heard this story from his best mate, who can be seen in the photo to his left.

After the war, he successfully raised 5 children with his wife of 50+ years, enjoyed painting and playing jazz music, and never hurt a fly.

>being related to people who fought in wars

I'm just being honest, he has a lively smile. Thank him for his service

My granddad brought this back from a village he liberated in Burma, amongst other things, complete with blood stains. Took it from a bloke he shot.

I'm not sure which way around it goes though.

My great grandfather fought in WW1. He tried to enlist for WW2 but was too old. The senile shit put shoe polish on his hair to try to look 'younger'.

I want to participate in this thread :(

Those eggs are big enough to have been laid by jungle bunnies