What did Bendis mean by this?

What did Bendis mean by this?

It means he has never in his life made a woman desire him and therefore can only approximate what they would actually say in the situation. Also how the fuck did she not know he was a teenager, he's shorter than her.

Bendis got so wrapped up in treating his dialog like it's a clever and witty back-and-forth that he completely forgot a major point in Black Cat's characterization; that she's attracted to only Spider-Man and not whoever is behind the mask.

Some would argue AU, but I blame it entirely on shit writing.

>height

Not even that, I imagine Pete's voice is so nasally or something that it would obviously give it away.

Or maybe every guy she's ever met sounds like a kid.

Honestly I was just kinda disturbed by the fact that he made Black Cat so much older than him and turned this shit into softcore /ss/

that Ult Black Cat is a slut and /SS/ is vomit inducing.

What makes you say that, user?

I liked Ultimate Spider-Man but I think he made the wrong decision on Ultimate Black Cat, Ultimate Goblin, and some other stuff.

>he didn't read ultimate spider-man

I was being sarcastic dummy

So it's shit just because it's different from the original?

I just felt like Ultimate Black Cat was a random addition. She pretty much made Spiderman's job harder (didn't she team up with Hammerhead?) because she's kinda dumb.

And then she returns as pic related for some reason. She was never really relevant unfortunately.

Yeah, by her last appearence, she's pretty dumb dealing with Kingpin and a lot of awful mystic stuff what Spidey tries to stop. She acts very incompetent and stupid when Spidey lectures her after, rescuing people.

>When you try to make out with a hot skank and she throw up on yo dick

idk why he just let her unmask him, he shoulda just told her to raise it past the mouth and made up some bullshit reason to delay the consequences

you know, like a teenage guy would

Could be the mask muffling it just enough.

The funny part is she's wearing a wig. Why?

Bendis is a sick fuck
>his feet may actually have been gone by that panel

>her thigh pressing up against his crotch

well that explains why he couldn't move, he was hard as a rock

I didn't mind Black Cat, she was dumb and kind of pointless but whatever. I didn't like Ultimate Goblins being literal goblins though, I like it better being crazy Norm/Harry in costumes.

She's dead, right? Like the Ultimate universe blew up or some shit?

No, it's shit because it's a bad interpretation. You shouldn't have a character like Black Cat, who was a major part of the early 80's - Mid 90's Spider-Man, played off as a complete joke with no payoff.

>Hey wanna fuck
>Oh no /ss/! I'll throw up and run away and not be relevant anymore k bye
It's frustrating, especially when you try to put faith in the writer's vision of an Alternate Spidey. It shows Bendis has no regard for previous iterations of the franchise and can't be bothered to write something more than a Wheaton-tier gag. It takes talent to develop character and he's too scared to do it.

>not muh!!!
Guess you also rage because Bucky was demoted to being an old veteran soldier in Ultimates.

Bendis aside this post is great for showing how cancerous characterfags are to the industry.

Waifufags, not even once.

Bagley Black Cat is too hot.

haha

>/SS/ is vomit inducing.
You are fucking gay, user. Nothing wrong with that though, but you are gayer than Iceman.

You're not wrong.

wait a minute those goggles

Well, Iceman isn't really gay. He was mostly straight with just a tiny bit of bicurious for a couple of guys. Until he got mindraped by new Jean, that is.

>Muh
Not the point I'm making. I'm saying she had almost 30 years of established character that Bendis could have worked with. Even if he didn't, expectations should be high because he's being ballsy enough to present an alternate take on the character. You should be proud of every page you write, you should be able to look at it and say "yeah, this is good". You need to be confident enough to try and outdo the original vision someone had for an idea and creative enough to pull it off to make those ideas engaging.

If any of Ultimate Spider-Man followed the core themes of the franchise there would have been development, characterization, the human condition that transitions well from cover to cover. Bendis wrote nothing like that. Nobody learned a god damned thing, the whole cast was treated like a long-running joke, and the few enjoyable parts were overshadowed by the very next book tossing all the ideas and themes out the window. Black Cat is just one of the many examples of a creative concept undermined completely by someone to inept to make a leap and take risks by having characters grow.

Moonknight sucked
Kingpin sucked
Mary Jane sucked
Gwen Stacy sucked
Black Cat sucked
Shocker especially sucked

Fuck. The only ones that didn't were JJJ and Peter, the latter getting shafted to hell and back.

>Shocker especially sucked
I'll never not be mad.

I honestly kind of like the idea that ult cat cares more about who is under the mask but I very much doubt it was intentional.

Everybody in that fucking universe was different.

I just don't understand why it had to be /ss/. The gag wasn't even that funny.

wait there was an Ultimate version of Moon Knight?

Yeah in like... chapter 80-85 or something alongside Black Cat. He was pretty autistic.

There was a team-up Marvel Knights story arc with Daredevil, Iron First, Moon Knight, Dr Strange and Spidey

not muh the post
Ultimate Black Cat was hilarious, and the Ultimate line was specifically about not doing straight retreads of previous stories..

Don't worry, she updated them once she started getting complaints.

Audrey Hepburn Selina is best Selina.

Speaking of that, I wonder why they had Ultimate Cat have Selina's haircut under that wig.

I liked Mysterio. Though it was later revealed that Ultimate Mysterio was just a robot controlled by 616 Mysterio.

absolutely dsgusting