Daniel Dae Kim Replacing Ed Skrein In ‘Hellboy’ Reboot

But he's KOREAN!

Daniel Dae Kim as Hollywood's continual fall back "Asian" person for roles lately

In B4 all Asians are the same.

I never even realized Daimon was Japanese. In retrospect its really obvious cause his name, but its not a 'thing' ever in the book as far as I can remember.

tbf it's not like they don't have african americans playing south africans or white americans playing brits and vice versa etc all the time with no problems

The only time this was a problem was with lucy lui and memoirs of geisha that got the government of china butthurt

I'm happy because the original actor is shitty. I don't know this guy but at least I don't have bias anymore.

There are brown asians and yellow asians, dummy.

It is. His grandmother is a standard Yellow Peril villain.

>but its not a 'thing' ever in the book as far as I can remember.

Have you tried READING the book?

>I don't know this guy

If you've played Saints Row he was Johnny Gat.

Dae Kim is also a great actor, unlike Skrein

Oh, he was? Then I don't know this guy.

The real question is why is Ben Daimio in a Hellboy movie at all? He never even met Hellboy.

If there's no outrage for him not being Japanese then everyone is just a bunch of hypocrites

You're right, there's a rich world of difference between Japanese and Korean.
But visually we're good.

Him and the girl are no longer on Hawaii5-0. A reason for me not to watch the series anymore. Yes the series has it's moments, but I enjoyed, but this is the excuse I need to drop it.

They're playing fast and loose with a lot of things.

No, he looks fucking korean. If you said that to a japanese person they would spit on you or worse.

Don't tell me they're also gonna have Johann and Kate hook up?

>But he's KOREAN!
Daimio is now like Dokdo, it all belongs to Korea. Japanese can't anything because they are pussies.

One slant is as good as another.

This is the hellboy-saints row crossover we've been waiting for

I wonder how many of you people have even read Hellboy/BPRD

>he looks fucking Korean
If you say so.

muh sekrit klub

Hollywood is racist as fuck.
>All slopes look the same
For that matter, so are the assholes who ousted Skrein.
I won't complain though. This guy's pretty good in my book.

Yeah because British actors NEVER play Americans.

>a Canadian playing an american role.
Makes me sick.

This smacks of a calculated move to piss off the Japs.

>Yeah because British actors NEVER play Americans.
White people are all the same.

Some people on Sup Forums today will take this post seriously. The fucking state of this board.

No, you racist fuck.

We just have overcome the need to kill each other, unlike asians.

>Koreans and Japanese arguing about who is the best "not-chinese".

Missed it by that much

Fuck, I'm going to have to watch this now.

At least he's a better actor than Francis

his eyes are slanty good enough

and he's JOHNNY GAT FROM SAINTS ROW

Well, I'm satisfied. Now just have to change the black girl who's gonna play an irish redhead woman and everything will be OK.

I'm glad that tumblr cares for non mainstream franchises when it comes to whitewashing. It's mildly reasuring.

Dude, it was stated quite early in BPRD that his grandmother was Crimson Lotus, the other Fu-Manchu character in the Hellboyverse (along with Memnan Saa).
He's not full Japanese, though; his father was American.

Hugh Jackman isn't Canadian. Alan Cummings isn't German. Lana Condor isn't Chinese. Aaron Stanford isn't Australian. Please stop.

Oh sweet! has the other actor playing alice also been recasted due to this racial insensibility?

i'm hype for an accurate hellboy movie!

korean, chinese, japanese, pinoy, russian, they are all the same shit.

this is gonna be another fanfiction movie like the previous two del toro movies

You're visually hot ;)

Kim is a seriously underrated actor, he looks the part, and he managed to escape Hawaii Five-0 so I'm pretty pleased. He's also a far better actor than the last guy.

Holy shit that art is ugly.

>Johnny Gat

Strong choice.

Why thank you user :3

Suck it Francis!

Sup Forums pls go.

>In B4 all Asians are the same.

To the American moviegoing audience, this is true. I'd be willing to bet that in the past few decades, more Japanese characters have been played by Chinese than by Japanese. Though it does seem to be getting better as of late.

because Hellboy > BPRD
what

Jin from LOST for one..
He was also on that shitty Hawaii 5-0 show because i think after being in hawaii for so long he didn't wanna leave.

He's been in a bunch of other stuff too, he'll be good, and at least he looks the damn part, the other guy while good in deadpool may as well have been a totally different character. Hell, cast that guy as Roger!

>tfw you'll never see your fav bprd char on screen.

To the average American and Westerner they all look like your standard Chinese and Japanese. When you say Asian that's what they think.

All Blacks are the same too.

And all Hispanics and Latinos are brown mestizos.

If the reboot is successful they're wanting to turn it into a cinematic universe, which Hellboy is actually incredibly fitting for and probably the only CU I'd actually be interested in. If it happens then Roger is totally a possibility.

>Hellboy reboot covers the Blood Queen
>Hellboy solo movie features Conqueror Worm
>Hellboy 2 has some of his African adventures and culminates in The Wild Hunt
>Hellboy 3 is The Storm and The Fury
>Hellboy in Hell
>BPRD series spins from the reboot
>movies 1 and 2 tackle Plague of Frogs
>Hell on Earth trilogy

There really could be some fantastic stuff from this if it's successful.

British play almost every role, Americans, Australians, Canadians, etc...

Well the males at least.

all you white devils look like you're from the same country to us, fampais

So? When you are in charge of the film industry you can set the rules ching chong

I made a Japanese friend while growing up in Mexico and everyone called him "El Chino" and that is still his nickname.

Well he is handsome so why not?

Well they are. Blacks all have black hair and almost all have dark eyes. Asians almost always have black hair and dark eyes, same with Hispanics. Any exceptions are generally due to bleaching or contacts.

With westerners, you can have blonde, brown, red, black hair and shades in between. Eyes can be brown, blue, green, etc. You get the idea.

So yes, they do look alike.

>Whites
>In charge of the film industry.

You're adorable.

Why are whites so visually diverse?

>Korean
Sup Forums was right?

The reasoning why they left still pisses me off.

>no problems
Sam Jackson spoke up about it and everybody shot him down

Hispanics actually vary just about as much as whites. They can have skin color and other traits from anywhere between full argentine negro to white european.

He's hello enough

Recent casting has been biased against Japanese actors. If the character is Korean or Chinese they never seem to run into an issue, but the media keeps making this about asians in general when it only seems to be happening to one or types of asians

> One person earned a job through merit
> But he felt so guilty of succeeding he quit
> Now someone was handed a role based on being the right skin color of the character.
> Has not done the right thing in stepping down despite knowing full this was the case.

And here I thought Koreans might know a thing or two about morals and ethics.

> One person earned a job through merit
>(((hollywood)))
>merit

Because it doesn't fucking matter.

Thats a fuckton of movies to keep consistant, thered be multiple actor changes, direction changes, Mignola probably wouldnt be involved past the first ones...

Put down that Monkeys Paw dude.... its baddd juju.

He's objectively a better actor than the previous one though so you're retarded.

French gril top tier

the difference as I see it, is that asians can tell each other apart fairly easily... And for the most part, white ppl do all rook same, without hearing someone speak and just on looks white ppl trying to guess where other white ppl are from would fail a majority of the time..

>white are in charge of film industry

Lol you keep thinking that while sucking on circumcised jewish cock, goy

Not better than the original actor to earn it, though? To be fair, We don't even know if Daniel even auditioned for this.

I actually can't tell a jew to a white and whiteys get all mad if I say jews look white

So the real thing is that Kim had to know about the controversy around the role and still took it anyway. How do you spin that?

Alright let's do another one: Beast Boy will be played by a young Korean actor. Bonus points if hes from Canada.

he's unambiguously a better actor

Filipinos are much, much uglier than this chart would lead one to believe.

I pronounced his name Die-a-mio for years, thinking him Italian. Guy Davis' art was too weak when drawing humans, so I never thought he looked asian. Even when they figured out his grandmother was with the Axis powers, I still didn't think of him as asian.

immediately knew he was Asian

>I pronounced his name Die-a-mio for years, thinking him Italian.

i don't understand. from what i've heard, the previous actor from the reboot withdrew because of backlash of white washing. then what of ron perlman then?

Which is funny because Lucy is from Queens

What's hilarious is that he took the role knowing it would fly just because he's asian and for moviegoers, that's good enough

That's like complaining about brits plays Americans and vice versa

I don't think he'll do a bad job but it is really fucking funny how Hollywood thinks all Asians are the same thing. Especially after the first guy quitting for not being Japanese enough.

I really don't give a shit.

If Skrein wants to be a pussy and turn down a role, that's his prerogative.
If Kim has the balls to step up? Good on him.

>The voice of Johnny Gat
Fuck this is going to be weird.

Ron Perlman isn't actually half demon.

Imagine loosing a job because of the color of your skin

The previous guy left because he agreed he was miscast for the part.

The producers apparently don't give a shit and they think "well fine we'll get an asian guy" and they don't try any harder.

It's obvious whoever is in charge of casting doesn't actually care about this.

white people from different countries actually arr rook same, far more so than Asians from different countries

Actually isn't he still just in talks?

Not that I mind. I liked him as Johnny Gat. The acting carried the character and definitely improved him as the series went on.

I doubt there was any studio pressure for him to quit

Came into this thread to post this. I genuinely never thought about it.

honestly, until i clued in, i thought he was more like indonesian or phillipino or something, not japanese, because of the artwork. I like Guy Davis though but he doesn't do terribly detailed faces, at least not in bprd.