Why was he an inconsiderate douche when it came to his love life?

>Killed Rigby
>Left another Rigby in the past so he can erase a bad kiss
>Broke CJ's heart 3 times
>left Rigby in the middle of nowhere after he dropped a truth bomb on him when he tried to deliver an old shirt to margaret
>Interrupted a wedding so he can break up with CJ
>Punched that saxophone guy even though that ordeal wasn't his fault
>Went into a depression when he thought Margaret was getting married
>Went in to another one and went on some breakup island

Bump

I recall him doing something with that diary.

>Mordecai treated her like absolute shit
>never actually had feelings for her
>Margaret also still has feelings for Mordecai
>made CJ's life miserable
>best girl gets written off the show meanwhile red slut, ugly midget and even fucking STARLA remained as recurring female characters

JUST.

Mordecai is an even bigger jerk than I thought.

Remember that time he shat on Rigby so hard it motivated Rigby to get a different job solely so he could prove Mordecai wrong about him?
And then Mordecai had the nerve to discourage him to do it?
And when Rigby succeeded, he mangled his body so bad that he couldn't even rub it in his face the way he wanted and could only lay on the ground forlornly while clutching a paycheck to his broken body?

That shit got me mad.

Got to agree. Started show it was like Rigby is a ass...

Third season. Damn Rigby deserves a better friend.

Wow Mordecai is a fucking prick.

quit virtue signalling CJ

god damn im sick of it

I like how people conveniently forget how much of a selfish shit Rigby was to Mordecai thoughout his life as well.

Everything bad that happened to Rigby? Deserved.

He got shat on by everybody in the park. And then went about his new job in a retarded, thick headed way.

Are you the sort of person who blames others for your own shortcomings?

>He got shat on by everyone in the park
That doesn't make it okay, bro. At that time, Rigby was making a complete 180 into a respectable, cool dude, and his attempted redemption had gone not only unnoticed, but blatantly fucking shat on.
>And then he went about his new job in a retarded thick headed way
Because that was the only way his new boss would let him do it, and the only way he'd actually earn the paycheck he could rub in Mordecai's face.

>Rigby was making a complete 180 into a respectable, cool dude
>earn the paycheck he could rub in Mordecai's face.

You are not realizing the contradiction in your words?

A "respectable, cool dude" wouldn't have an ego so fragile that he has to quit his job over this, just to find another where he can gloat with a paycheck.

He could, you know, just not fuck up at the job he already has instead of throwing a hissyfit.

Mordecai is by no means an innocent saint, but the mental gymnastics Rigbyfags go through to make him look better than he is is amazing.

t. Margaret

Marg was a pushover, she was never really mad at CJ, but there was one instance where she finally said something but it wasn't fight-tier, just calm venting.

Which sucks, I wanted to see them actually fight, started with the hallucination in Survival Skills.

Should gotten with Rigby and gave up on Margaret and CJ

Dickhead
Rigby is by no means a saint either, but the amount of tomfuckery Mordecai got away with up to that point was unacceptable. And Rigby put up with it. He was supportive as a friend could be about it. And it was not because he was obligated to, Rigby doesn't care about social contract shit. But he DOES care about being a good friend, and when push came to shove, he was. And it's implied he didn't get a single shred of gratitude for anything he'd done for Mordecai. You're not supposed to ask for it, and Rigby didn't, because he assumed rightfully that Mordecai was grateful for it; but then you find out in the episode that Mordecai didn't even think about it as a "bros for life" thing, he just thought he did it because he was basically obligated to because Rigby isn't the best person and he can't afford to lose a friend like Mordecai.
THAT was shitty. You can't just fucking say that shit to someone, not even to someone like Rigby, who is the walking embodiment of a trash person. Especially when that trash guy puts up with more shit than some more decent folk ever could.
What on god's green earth is wrong, in this instance, with Rigby wanting to defend himself when being insulted with his one redeeming quality? That's probably why it shattered his ego so much in the first place. You can say whatever you want about him, but he really did try to be the best friend he could be most of the time, especially at the time of that episode.

>But he DOES care about being a good friend
That's why he forged that rejection letter?

>What on god's green earth is wrong, in this instance, with Rigby wanting to defend himself when being insulted with his one redeeming quality?

By defending himself in the most petty way possible which, due to his strong reaction and consistent past fuckups, confirms to them their perception of how shit he must be at his job on his own. Just show them you can do the chores on your own well, with them knowing you were assigned to them on your own. Mordecai could have defended him more though since Rigby covered for him, with nothing bad happening apparently, so that's a dickmove, yeah.

The interesting part is, once again, how you downplay just how bad Rigby was to Mordecai and emphasize the opposite. These two have always been good and bad to each other. But overall through their lifes, I think Rigby was more and worse of a jerk to Mordecai than the other way around.

Romance subplots are shit and I don't know why they keep forcing them into cartoons. Kids sure as hell don't like them and usually feel awkward watching anything to do with relationships/romance if they're under 13-14 and adult fans noticeably don't like them either. Romance subplots do nothing but ruin shit in cartoons, perhaps not so much in other forms of media but they're a complete cancer to pretty much any cartoon.

See; this, Gravity Falls, Samurai Jack, Adventure Time, etc.,

anyone got a definitive list of those two being dicks to each other?

the messy room episode was 'wtf rigby?'

None that I know of. This would require skimming through every episode and compare it with episode summaries, and it's also important whether it should be chronologically ordered. Rejection letter would be pretty high up then.

Then again, he wasn't really a dick there. It's a shitty move altogether, but he was acting out of desperation rather than lazy- or maliciousness.

I guess it ought to be a list of "Shitty things Mordecai and Rigby have done to each other" instead.

more of the whole 'trashcan basketball' scene made rigby look like a dick. challenges mordecai into a contest to get out of doing the cleaning then trying to bail out when he lost.

loose continuity in play though (how some episodes have those type of oral agreements be set in stone with some cosmic calamity if you don't honor it).

but yeah it would take a lot of work watching and listing everything down.

>See; this, Gravity Falls, Samurai Jack, Adventure Time...
...The Legend of Korra, Miraculous Ladybug, Steven Universe, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Code Lyoko, Kim Possible, Scooby-Doo: Mystery Inc., TMNT...

My second paragraph was referring to the rejection letter. I have to admit my memory of most episodes is hazy and inaccurate.

I get what you're saying, 10/10 point, but there are shipper faggots and I think it's a creator's way of being involved with fans, since that's usually what it leads to. It's also the bare bones continuity some shows are allowed to get away with.

I like Mordecai's relationship episodes except altar.

>loose continuity in play though (how some episodes have those type of oral agreements be set in stone with some cosmic calamity if you don't honor it).
That's only specific things like a solid, I think the basketball bet thing was free of cosmic stuff

true. though the whole bank across the globe thing was pretty out there.

does the bowling tournament episode count?

what was the rejection letter episode again?

either way they can be the most bro'est of bros and the dickest of dicks to each other depending on the episode.

>Killed Rigby

Wat

>true. though the whole bank across the globe thing was pretty out there.
>does the bowling tournament episode count?
Neither of these had ties to a bigger entity, Rigby's basketball just kept bouncing. The bet itself was mundane and nothing happened.

Bowling ep was only supernatural when the team members started using their powers against the ball, the game didn't have a specific supernatural element to it like shit going wrong if a team member cheated or wasn't able to play, the characters did it that time.

I guess if you reeaallyy wanted to reach, the basketball continuing to bounce might've been tied to a supernatural part of their banking game, but they never dwelled on it and it just seemed like a cartoony way of showing Rigby's bank never stopped.

wonder what the god of basketball would've done if the other guy didn't give the hat back.

I think the episode is called 'it's time' and so as stop Rigby from meeting Margaret for a date and make him late Mordecai stuffs all the houses clocks into a microwave. They get sent into another dimension and Mordecai pushed Rigby into the void and kills him.

Rigby is a little faggot and deserved everything bad that happened to him.

I wish I was there for when Sup Forums liked and discussed this series

/rsg/ was ridiculously gay

I just got the movie on DVD. It's very badly made. The disc itself is just one of those pure silver discs with the title, no art. I guess it doesn't matter but it comes off as an early DVD era disc. The commentary was the only reason I bought it, since none of the online rips had it.

Good thing it isn't this

What was the worst non-relationship episode?

Didn't Black Hat kill Mordecai?

>CN in charge of doing something with RS
>Rigby and Mordecai are always nearly the same height
At least he's just shoulder height here, the toy has him fatter and just as tall as Mordo.

The rejection letter was in the movie.

>But overall through their lifes, I think Rigby was more and worse of a jerk to Mordecai than the other way around.
Rigby never deliberately killed Mordecai.

Or left him in the past so he could erase a kiss.

Mordecai shoved him while shouting a heated threat, he immediately said he didn't mean it.

Rigby was just fine with it because they thought it would even out and he'd be, in no way, fucked. Turns out the timeline did fix itself. It's not like he said "dude just do it" and Rigby was against it.

Rewatching it and rigby is a giant prick. he's also responsible for like everything that goes wrong up until the point where he's started hanging out with eileen.

But he still killed him, it's just as bad as that time Skips killed him, heat of the moment or not.

Mordecai isn't at fault, it was an accident, he didn't know he'd die, presumably just float off or be knocked back. Him saying I'll Kill You was a coincidence.

Also 2 things:
Rigby shoved him first
Mordecai pushes, shoves, slaps, etc. Rigby very often, it's clear this wasn't meant to do anything more than those instances.

It's made very clear very often that Rigby cannot physically overpower Mordecai, and it is shown that every time Mordecai gets physical with Rigby he fucking dominates him, it was obvious he'd send Rigby off the edge by pushing him.

Yes, so say Mordecai is a dick for hurting him every day, rather than accidentally killing him when they were riding a time warping microwave after Rigby said his sexy whore crush didn't know he existed, after an entire episode of building up Mordecai's anger.

Mordecai is at fault and an asshole for many things, but accidentally killing Rigby after instigation when all his part in killing him was was a shove isn't one of them.

Jesus fucking Christ I'm not reading that block of text. I get you nufags are scared of "reddit spacing" since most of you have only been here a fucking month but get over your self indulgent nature and make it easier to fucking read you damn mongoloid.

It wasn't that fun, the trolls shit on it with out mercy then came out of the wood work at the final to praise the Bowie ending.

Have you considered returning to Reddit?

Have you considered not being such a nufag? You got meme'd so hard it become the norm to you.

The ending was alright for me, it's the opposite for me than most other finales though. Rather than warming up to it as time goes on I've been getting a bit annoyed with it and I've shit on it a few times after thinking on it.

It didn't help the finale wasn't planned, arcs were dropped, and the entire production cycle was rushed, yet one of the crew members really liked it anyway. S8 might've been better had they went with their ideas.

Nice bait. Your bait was not only efficient enough to make me reply to it, but also enough to make me a bit angry. I laud you for that.
But, if I may, a suggestion; if you're going to call someone new, abstain from using "Nu". This phrase popped up in late 2016 when Sup Forums got tired of using the prefix "Neo". It's gotten to a point where the phrase "Nu" has become synonymous with shitposting, ergo, people will see your post and know it is not to be taken seriously. You won't get many of the (you)s you seek like that. I suggest simply using the term "Newfag" and using it ad nauseum to really drive people up the wall.
Also fuck you I'll space my text however I want faggoboy

I din't read of that hideous block of test.

I wish Mordecai died more often, he deserved it as much as Rigby didow motherfucker dont ask??

>this thread again

They're both equally shitty and terrible people. The difference is the show relied on constantly shitting on Rigby for humor while Mordo was the "so sad, so relatable :/" protagonist. Hence why there wasnt even any real consequences with the bullshit he pulls on Margaret and CJ. Even Adventure Time knew to actually show long lasting change when it came to shit like that.

But honestly, they both suck and IRL would stop being friends in the first month of that job. It sucks too cause they were such nice dumb stoner boys at the start, I love me some kinda dumb but nice protagonists and the show turned them into absolute assholes after the movie/S7

Oh well.

>S7
what?

>Mordo at the end of season 7: "I kinda like it when I was the one who was succeeding :/"

that shit

It was a perfectly reasonable response that most writers don't tackle because dumbshits like you end up misunderstanding it, he was just upset with their status quo changing. It doesn't mean that he only liked Rigby for being beneath him, it's just something that occurred to him as a factor in their friendship, not the big main reason.

>act like a holier-than-thou prick the entire show
>treat best girl like garbage
>grow a faggoty hipster beard and become a nu-male
>marry awful bat monster
CJ was too good for him.

>>treat best girl like garbage
I knew you were going to cry about CJ

Theyre shit because you can't talk about relationships without talking about sex and so with all the kids shows that try to do it the relationship feels hollow and forced.

t.nu male (with beard)

>its the "M-Mordecai dindu nothing wrong" tumblr dude again

This is why people stopped responding to these threads. You got too fucking annoying, and still are.

>its the "M-Mordecai dindu nothing wrong
already wrong, Mordecai did many things wrong, he was a huge ass and after awhile him shoving and punching Rigby started to not even have a reason behind it, but that S7 scene was mundane and it wasn't him saying that was the defining part of their friendship. I don't have a tumblr either.

this show gave me my cuckoldry fetish

just imagining these losers watching their girlfriends squeal as they get railed gave me such joy

>This is why people stopped responding to these threads. You got too fucking annoying, and still are.
Nice projecting, and I rarely see a Mordecai defense force. I rarely see a Rigby defense force, in fact the only defense force I see in these threads are CJ fags crying for justice, which is way more annoying than someone trying to defend a main character on something so straightforward.

In the end, it's the writers' fault. The only person who could write Mordecai and Rigby 100% in character is JG. The writers are bound to lean to one side a bit more, and it changes depending who writes. Granted, this makes it canon and makes the character who they are in each episode, but the only times a character is meant to, by the writers, have a jerk moment, they are noted in-episode.

If you need it spelt out to you to end this being sad in every thread, and what has already been said wasn't enough, then here. Mordecai and Rigby had a dynamic since they first met, Mordecai was the social fuckup but strived to be more. He also had a more responsible and mature outlook on life, but it was budding- he wasn't there yet. Meanwhile Rigby was the careless "no thinking is fun" type, bullied in school and self conscious. He had no sense of responsibility.

Then, Mordecai started being a retard more than usual. He had 2 women throwing themselves at him but he couldn't hack it. He was in a dead end job. He failed art school. Rigby had some of these same things, but didn't care. Then he started to care and achieved goals Mordecai hadn't, and that made him reevaluate his life choices. The line "I guess I always liked that I was doing better than you before" was just him referring to his annoyance in that episode that he was coming to terms with his life at a standstill while Rigby became "better" than him.

Rigby bas a shit because he loved his friend in a childish and possessive way.

Mordecai was simply an ass

>hulu reminded me this show existed
>haven't watched since mid S2
>catching up, Muscle Man gets a girlfriend
>assumed it was just a one off joke to parody the thing going on between Mordecai and Margaret
>she keeps showing up
>she keeps appearing in more episodes
>she is getting episodes centered around her
I'm literally getting physically ill from starla and I don't know if I can continue.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Mordecai starts off on somewhat of a higher level of performance than Rigby: he says they should actually set up the chairs, if given specific instructions by Benson he tries to categorically follow them.

Rigby, however, starts off stupid. Very stupid. Stupid, weak, and selfish, that's how he's characterized to begin with. However, over time it would seem that he gets more of a handle on things. He stops treating Eileen like garbage because she's not classically beautiful, he is shown to actively care about his friendship with Mordecai, and even begins to admit responsibility for wrongdoing.

Mordecai, by contrast, repeatedly makes the same mistakes and always thinks that something will pull his chestnuts out of the fire. As big a pop culture nerd he is, you'd think he'd recognize patterns in his behavior that lead to embarrassment and make steps to change.

>He stops treating Eileen like garbage because she's not classically beautiful

I think it was less this and more a very toxic "bros before hoes" mindset.

>treating Eileen like garbage because she's not classically beautiful
are you fucking serious

this was never said, he just said he liked her without glasses, fuck your virtue signalling

I just wish we'd get 100% clarification if the series was shitcanned or if JG ended it. JG said in a s8 interview that he decided to end it, went out how they wanted, and told every story they wanted. Then crew members started sharing that S8 went through rewrites and aborted arcs, seemed like a personal decision until Matt Price said they didn't know it was the end until half-way into the season.

It's not rare for networks to have a crew member or creator sweet talk what they got (I think something happened with Harvey Beaks' creator and nick forced him to say something about it's cancellation on toonbarn or whatever the site was) and coupled with the appalling treatment in the final seasons, it would be furthest away from a surprise.

I could see CN having JG and the crew keeping treatment hushed in exchange for offering JG a new series job in their brand new TBS cartoon department which he shifted to right after RS was finished.