Who else is psyched for anime of the year?

Who else is psyched for anime of the year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lmlcfpgrqZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ube9rjGOjvo
youtube.com/watch?v=HrzY_HF-Znw
youtube.com/watch?v=8pXKDR_VMhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=lmlcfpgrqZQ
I am.

You fucking bet I am.

This is will be the Evangelion of our decade.

Who else noticed the symbolism and undertones of this episode?

youtube.com/watch?v=ube9rjGOjvo

is fucking cg

I wonder why I got banned when I made a thread about it a few days ago.

And it beats Berserker in that regard.

What does anime stand for?

Does this show have post-apocalyptic themes?

NOOOT NOOOT MOTHERFUCKERS

And it's being written by a Kemono Friends writer, so it's guaranteed to be anime of the decade.

Was Pingu even big in Japan? I know here in bongland it was fucking huge in the 90s.

I'll probably watch it for nostalgia.

he's on all the time in japan. watch japanese tv broadcasts

You really are a stupid idiot.

>City
>Polygon
Write me in as cautiously optimistic

Hot damn.
My earliest nightmare was this episode: youtube.com/watch?v=HrzY_HF-Znw

Season 7 is gonna blow it out of the water! Remember when Pingu finally ran into Guillotine-Gibbon?

Why it couldn't be made on claymation, are japs allergic to it?

Yes. Look at Ufotable.

probably not worth it due to budget and cgi can get "close enough" results

japanese animation

So fuckin hype

CG isn't animation?

>9gag

No subs

It's not like anyone in this show says anything except for MOOT MOOT anyway

Fuck I didn't notice

I always thought that CG looked like clayanimation anyway.

If done correctly it can look awfully close to claynimation, I'm mostly curious about how they'll handle it

The Lego Movie was CG but fooled people into thinking it was stop motion.

you asked what anime stands for. i gave you the answer.
japanese animation.

ACKCHUALLY it stands for animation in general.

なつかしいな

CG isn't animation?

he was spending all their fish on drugs?

No it doesn't go back.

>MOOT MOOT

this is a western board not japan

youtube.com/watch?v=8pXKDR_VMhg

Have they announced the VA cast yet?
I want Yuki Kaji to be on it.

Fukujun as Pingu.
Kugyuu as his sister.

>not clay

Who the fuck cares, dumb gooks can't do anything properly fuck

Norio Wakamoto as everyone

In the age where CGi is the go to choice for people looking to spend less money and less effort, working with the incredibly taxing claymation is just not an option anymore, sadly because claymation will always have its charm.

Are you really asking why?

CGi = cheap as hell when it isn't trying to be a summer blockbuster.
Claymation = really tiring to work with and requires expertise.

It's KNUT KNUT motherfucker.

Shaun the Sheep is still getting new seasons and all done in claymation.

It's not very profitable, but it never was. These sort of things are made to fuel a passion, not turn you into a millionaire.

Pingu is now being made into a Japanese animation so why can't it be talked about on the anime board?

Shaun the Sheep is also a classic at this point so not a good basis, of course enthusiasts of Claymation will try to keep it running; new projects on the other hand will ponder about going cheap with CG or trying their hands at the difficult claymation.

Thanks Sup Forums mods.
Hello, gaijins.

Are you dumb? Kemono Friends and Pingu are completely different in setting and brand of humor, fuck they don't compare, who can be sure if it worked for Kemono Friends means it will work Japanese Pingu by default.

Pingu is big everywhere man, claymation is universal.

His IQ melted a bit.

If the characters actually talk anything but NOOT NOOT then it is ruined, one of the charms of the series definitely was Pingu's and everyone else's body language, you knew what they were talking and doing even if any sound that came out of their beaks were gibberish.

Why the fuck was this moved to Sup Forums? It's literally a Japanese show being made into a CG anime.

Yeah the millions of dollars behind it, this is by the same Kemono Friends team, money definitely isn't at their beck and call.

Somehow the low quality CGi memed Kemono Friends into a ridiculously popular show (yet it sold no Blu Rays), who knows if that meme magic will strike again.

>Shaun the Sheep is also a classic at this point so not a good basis
It wasn't a classic when it was made back in 2007 and it came out long after claymation stopped being a lucrative business. Normal people don't care that much for the medium the work is animated in as much as how fun the whole thing is. Shaun was fun and everyone at my family loved it, so did people at school and work who got to see it.

One way or another, the trick is to be able to make something enjoyable. Once you have that down, it doesn't matter if you use models (Laika), clay (Wallace and Grommit), 3D animation (>Pixar), traditional drawings (>Toei), paper cutouts (Madoka-style),...

A good show/movie that you can get to people is going to be able to pay for itself, regardless of the medium used.
I think the reason behind going 3D is simply because there are no clay animators in Japan and you can't just throw it onto a random studio and purchase clay instead of pencils.

global mods.

>(yet it sold no Blu Rays)
The guidebook sold a fuck ton.

What? This is Polygon animating, not the KF team.

user, he's clearly a part of the /biz/ brigade that is still salty about the whole ordeal.

Can we form a complaint about this?

Anime literally stands for animation. I don't get these retarded mods either

I think the guy thought it's actually made by the Swiss again.

>Pingu is being made into an anime
>gets moved to Sup Forums
So if Doraemon gets turned into a western cartoon the thread would get moved to Sup Forums?

Who cares where it's made? It's made for a japanese audience and airs on jap tv so some japan has to have been involved in it

I'm not saying it should stay here, I'm saying the mod probably fucked up and didn't do his research.

Why doesn't a Sup Forums mod just move it back?

Sometimes, they also speak gibberish.

Voltron is Sup Forums so no. Not sure where the upcoming Netflix Saint Seiya will go though.

>CGi = cheap as hell when it isn't trying to be a summer blockbuster.
And even then it has its moments *coughsuicidesquadcough*

Honestly, as long as its somewhat faithful to the the original source material, I'm not going to complain. Because at least it's not the Magic School Bus reboot.

>tfw a thread on /jp/ was suddenly brought halfway brought into Sup Forums so everybody suddenly had flags all of a sudden.

maybe it was the reverse but that was so stupid lol.