Is Archie comics done for now that they lost Sonic?

Is Archie comics done for now that they lost Sonic?

Other urls found in this thread:

westfaironline.com/93650/archie-of-riverdale-but-really-pelham-wins-a-round-in-court/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It ain't looking good.

What are they even publishing anymore. Feels like all their stuff got "delayed".

The realistic line (which last I checked is down to just Riverdale and possibly Betty & Veronica), one comic set in the "classic" universe, and occasionally a horror comic when they feel like it.

So five books tops? How can a publisher fucking survive on that?

Unfortunately, no.

By also releasing a shitload of those little digests you see at the checkout line of every grocery store on Earth.

What is this? A GIF for ants?

Speaking of Archie comics.

westfaironline.com/93650/archie-of-riverdale-but-really-pelham-wins-a-round-in-court/

Archie makes almost all their money off digests in the grocery stores. The Sonic comic was not a huge money maker, and wasn't there best selling comic either. It was before the "relaunch" but that wasn't a huge number anyway, around 10,000 copies I think? That's fuck all.

dude if the company survives off of that shit, it's fucking sad

>Briccetti dismissed the copyright infringement and unfair competition claims, citing a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that it is not improper to reproduce an author’s ideas without proper attribution.

nice. so we can pirate stuff. awesome.

Glad to see Fulup didn't get shit, but Sega still pulled the license so it doesn't mean anything in the end.

What did she mean by this?

They'll survive somehow.

With how much theyw ere shilling I imagine the CW show is keeping them alive.

The Sonic fanbase consists of autistic furries. Archie is going to be fine. All they did was dumb a failing franchise.

Honey, the money they get from TV and advertisements are far more lucrative than comic sales.

Archie is doing golden right now.

As I guessed then.

A shame really. Was hoping riverdale ended a flop and see how they'd survive that.

sometimes it was really terrible

Riverdale is insanely popular right now. I don't know why. It's not that great. I watched an episode of it and fell asleep 10 minutes in.

Goddamn she's a cunt.

Could go either way - odds are they'll be bought out by some media giant, becayse that's what happens to comic book companies now
Jon Gray is a good artist and a sweet guy, but good LORD was his style a bad fit for this teen drama shit

>I CAN MAKE SILLY STRING COME OUT OF MY EYES

Drano Cookies guy has the right idea