Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corp #28 Storytime

"Fall of the Gods" part three.

Other urls found in this thread:

www82.zippyshare.com/v/FwT224yg/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought you could only do 4 threads at once

You just gotta believe in yourself, user!

Ok... I teared up from this
Fucking Venditti, this was good.

Why did I read this as Green Jordan and the Hal Lantern Corps?

This is my favorite DC title right now

god damn can this man draw and the writing ain't half bad either

Action Comics: Detective Comics: Metal: New Super-Man: Support your local comic shop!

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 028 (2017) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www82.zippyshare.com/v/FwT224yg/file.html

you're both my local comic shop and I'm supporting you with a bump

This is amazing, I love this kind of issues so much, of course I want to know how he did it but right now I don't care really, I just enjoyed it so much.
So Hal was able to reach Flash levels of speed???
BTW thank you so much for the storytime.

Fuck this issue was good. Norrin, what else haven't you storytimed? I can do the rest if you hit the thread limit.

why does this post exist

Both of the GL books are fantastic at the moment, which is a very pleasant surprise. After Johns left the books it fell into the sort of tailspin that seemed to suggest that the quality of the story while he was in charge was a fluke, but they've certainly recovered since then.

Even though the last arc ended badly and some anons were REEing about the history of the old gods this has been a solid arc and the art is fucking nice. Great issue with a lot of feels.

Rafa and Jordi fucking killed it with the art this issue. Really felt the speed and the strain it was putting on Hal.

Is Sora still evil?

>Both
strong disagree with you there I think the other one has been pretty consistently trash, and I've been actively keeping up with it

but let's keep this thread to praising the masterpiece that is Hal Jordan & GL

This was great. I feel like this could have even been a single issue character piece in an annual or something and wouldn't have missed a beat

yeah, they did a solid job turning an "big event" issue into something worth reading on its own

Isn't Mister Miracle out this week? If so, please.

fuck why can't Kyle just get his own solo series
this stupid book is going to be on my pull list tomorrow and its totally worthless

Alright, will do as soon as scans go up.

Red Hood is way more imperative please

Still no scans for it. Might take an hour before they go up but I'll do it as soon as they go online.

No you won't! I'll do it! And I'll use your name so they'll never know which of us got there first!

Did he name his ring after himself?

Okay, thanks user.

Hal looks so sad ;_;

This is the first Venditti issue I've thoroughly enjoyed in a long time

For once it actually feels like he WANTED to write Hal and the outcome was very nice

Is this shit any good? I coudn't even finish Venditti terrible stories on New 52. Is any better or same bullshit?

Venditti always kill everything he touched.

Hal n Pals is miles better than his new 52 GL, although it's felt pretty mediocre until the last couple issues

damn, hal. smug as usual

It is not.

This sandoval guy is a real catch for DC, still drawing for hal and pals for a while now but I can see him being given big events in the future

When I saw the story that Jessica and Baz were trained by Kyle and Guy I was kinda curious with all that Sinestro Corps and GL working together. I coudn't even finish Venditti's New 52, but I will have a shot.

I really love Kyle and Johns run, but let's give a chance. Thank you!

Who the hell is Bruce Wayne?

>don't forget to be Hal Jordan
No shit, get your life back and go back to chasing girls Hal, its been forever

>This sandoval guy is a real catch for DC
not really

this is so anime
But I loved this issue pretty much like the Darkseid War tie-in, dammit why does Venditti have to be so inconsistent
only problem I have is why did the beams not zero in on Lightray once he stopped

It'd be nice to actually see Hal doing Hal stuff instead of just being reminded that he doesn't do anything except be a GL anymore but I guess I'll take what I can get

>Hal gets a visit from his dear daddy's ghost

What a pile of disgusting sappy schlock.

Why do they always say to stay grounded? To keep yourself grounded? Why? Why can't we just forget the ground entirely and just fly, freely? Completely detach ourselves from this mundane physical reality, and just leave to explore the vast freedom of who we were always meant to be?

When Hal gets too detached he usually starts trying to kill himself

>Possibility of speed force singularity.

Holy fucking shit.

Green Lanterns has worse art, but better story. In comparison, the previous arc of Hal and Pals had a lackluster ending.

No, he's saying "Speak Hal", like "Speak English."

Would it have been better if Hal's dad was green?

Would look weird in a green construct, besides he's wasn't a construct so that'd be weirder.

Like Hal was making a construct himself?

>Why can't we just forget the ground entirely and just fly, freely?
Well don't forget Hal is literally living will right now whose only way to stay human shape is by grounding himself.

>why did the beams not zero in on Lightray once he stopped
Probably targeted Highfather, not Lightray.

Yes, or rather his subconsciousness. Given Hal's current state who knows how in control he is of his power.

Yeah, I get it especially since Hal's personality is on unlimited freedom but at the same time I think everyone needs something to anchor them lest they forget who they are, y'know? I mean the one time Hal became really free from the universe he turned into a god and lived out his days in his world world fucking his construct wife and raising his construct kid (TDK Strikes again)

I know your pain user. Our time will come.

I know, it's just... eh, I'm the type of person that doesn't really like being grounded. This mundane physical reality where everyone's so caught up in politics and the economy and working to survive, and stuff...I just don't care about all that stuff. I love the sky, I want to learn how to fly without wings or technology to assist, I want to go beyond the impossible, go beyond the limits of time and space and reality itself. Even in spiritual stuff I read, I keep hearing how it's important to "ground yourself". Like how the Flashes need lightning rods to ground themself or else they'll completely merge with the speed force, as if that's a bad thing.

What's so important about this mundane boring physical reality that Flash and Hal and everyone has to keep themselves grounded there? Why does Hal need to ground himself and keep human form, when he could just let go entirely, and rise up into the living embodiment of willpower, beyond simple humanity?

because then you forget who you are, and begin to fuck shit up for everyone.

>Hal's daddy is impressed by the cosmic stuff his son is bolting through

Best part of the issue.

that or as Martin said, maybe it was due to Omega effect proximity since he's purple-ish?

it's not an unknown and unexplored ground, Kingdom Come and Miller's Dark Knight both have GLs that detach themselves from Earth

Well done to the editor then because you can't put a comma in the middle of that sentence.

Because you can never truly escape your physical form while living. The sooner you learn to accept your reality, while also embracing your ability to "fly" (metaphorically or spiritually speaking), the sooner you will know true freedom of the soul.

As long as you keep trying to escape, to avoid, to reject, you are actively fighting an unwinnable battle, going against a current, and grounding yourself even more, ironically.

That doesn't mean you need to give up your dreams, or conform to being caught up in mundane conflicts such as politics or economy.

The most important thing you'll ever do is find yourself, and your place (and peace) in this world full of people who are very different, but also very similar, to you.

The options are out there, in this physical world, if you only find the Will to go looking, and the strength to endure and learn.

Because the last time Hal went full Hal he went Parallax and POOLS CLOSED reality.

....I see. Thank you, user, for opening my eyes to that.

Because only by working with limitations do you truly access the greatest of human features: creativity.

It is only by accepting things beyond your control that you learn to grow beyond yourself and become greater and larger than if you had a universe that could just bend to your will.

If the beams can take time out to bend around and spiral back and forth, then they can just go in a straight line and hit them.

Because he is a 90's character. He must go the way of Wally, Connor, Bart,

Just be glad he still exists.

It's a cute scene

Anyone else wonder how could Hal hear what Lightray was saying to Highfather?

>Highfather has shitty New 52 design and not the one seen in New Gods Special and Mister Miracle
Huh?

OH SHIT, ITS A G-G-GHOST!

They are two different stories that take place at two different times user

Why's this comic got to bury Lightray?

I'm calling it now. Space Cabbie was Rip's father.

Can Orion outrun the Flash or Superman?

But Booster is Rip's father

Imagine if he did, Flashfags would never recover

Looks like he broke into Barda's closet

What?

Wait, wouldn't the answer to construct breaking apart from speed be don't use a construct? It's not like Hal needs a green jet to fly real fast.

I wasn't expecting to get hit by a philosophy bomb today.

I thought Hal was doing a 2001: space odyssey joke.