>Arthur Curry
>Doesn't have curry power

>not a star
>kind of a moth

why would disney approve this?

>Arthur Curry
>Doesn't have Tim Curry related powers

>Emma has diamond form.
>Diamonds are commonly referred to as "ice".
>OP's argument is invalid.

>Dick Rider

>>Diamonds are commonly referred to as "ice".
what about no?

>Johnny Storm
>Doesn't Have Weather Related Powers

They are though. Ice has been a slang for diamonds since at least 1966 since my first exposure to the slang was from a Batman episode.

Possible explanations:
Diamond frost is a popular decorative plant for gardens.
Could also relate to her demeanor when first introduced. She's not exactly a warm woman.(most likely I think)

Do you think there is a restraunt in atlantis with a dish called the arthur curry?

>Diamonds are commonly referred to as "ice"
Since when?

Look up "Diamond" on literally any online dictionary and you'll see "Ice" listed as a synonym

She has a cold personality

>Scott Summers
>doesn't have the power of summer season

kek

>Kamala Khan
>isn't a suicide bomber

Eh, it's not wrong. Islam is just really behind the curve. Christianity's managed to grow out of that phase after the Holy Roman Empire, the Spanish Inquisition, and the Salem Witch Trials.

>Star Butterfly
>kind of a butterfly

>Bat-man teams up with Robin instead of Pitcher-man
>Pitcher-man is not related to Sixpack either

I'm pretty sure an ideology whose central figure is a genocidal child rapist isn't going to "get better".

That's like expecting the KKK to embrace racial diversity.

Their god's the same OT god that christians believe in.

What about you're a tard?

But Christians don't follow the old testament, and their main prophet isn't a genocidal child rapist. He's some beta pacifist virgin.

Everyone believes in the same god (supernatural force that shapes our lives or some shit). They just imagine it different.

>That's like expecting the KKK to embrace racial diversity.

Well they do accept Catholics and Spaniards these days and more than one African-American joined their ranks without much issues too.

>But Christians don't follow the old testament

They take and pick elements of both old and new testament. That's why they have this raging hardon for teaching the ten commandments and adam and eve and talking about the wisdom of king solomon and david and goliath and the queen of bathsheba.

No, it's not a reimagining, it's the exact same god and stories and diverges past a certain point. This isn't like the japanese believing in Izanagi and Izanami or something like that, it's word for word the exact same stories and people.

>That's like expecting the KKK to embrace racial diversity.

Well, they do not seem to be killing the Irish anymore

The KKK are a fucking meme.

As someone who has, at least on occasion, hung with unironic white nationalists the organization is regarded as a complete fucking joke at best and as a law enforcement honeypot designed to lure out oblivious morons at worst.

>it's the exact same god and stories and diverges past a certain point
Could it be because first Christians and Muslims were Jews?

>Kamala Khan
>Isn't a Mongol Khan

I'm surprised someone hasn't created a racially diverse chapter of the KKK out of spite.

Or, you know, out of a comedic sense of irony.

>genocidal
Muhammad didn't care about race.

Muslims generally don't believe the bible is entirely accurate. The Koran is the only true word of God.

eg.
>Jesus wasn't actually crucified
>everyone involved was deceived

The majority of christians also doesn't sperg out whenever Jesus is shown in any media.

>Peter Parker
>isn't a park manager

That's because their entire organization is now an FBI honeypot.

Its just FBI agents trolling other FBI agents.

Islam would be a lot better if it were the same way.

>Rider
>flies

The bible is rife in contradictions so you have to pick and choose to make any sense of it at all. In fact it was part of the protestant reformation and in martin luthor's writing that you use your best judgement to interpret the text because god will guide you to truth.

The quran doesn't have contradictions. It has pivot points. Mohammad would contradict himself then he said that his newest saying was the absolute truth. So the absolute truth in islam is the doctrine of raping women, killing all jews and other infidels, and make everyone in the world muslim.

Yes. It's mostly crabs

Jesus christ Sup Forums. We were having a nice fun thread and then the lowest-hanging fruit comes by and you jump at it.

This desu, why is Kamala not a heir to the great Mongol empire!? TENGRI DEMANDS A HEIR

Genocides don't have to be racial. Look up the word

>Kamala Khan
>Isn't a world class Ugandan giant

Orson Scott Card would probably agree. Don't make your job of exterminating the enemy harder by creating more enemies beforehand for no reason. Be nice until it's time to strike.

>Could it be because first Christians and Muslims were Jews?

Which has no bearing on "everyone believes in the same god, they just imagine it differently". It's literally a word for word copy until it reaches a certain point.

>Muslims generally don't believe the bible is entirely accurate. The Koran is the only true word of God.

Like I said, it's the same exact story that diverges past a certain point. To the muslims Jesus isn't the son of god but rather another one of the prophets, Abraham wasn't just a guy whose faith god decided to test, he was a prophet too, etc. etc.

And like I said, that's because Christians have managed to iron out their autism (for the most part) ages ago. Muslims are still playing catch up.

It makes a lot more sense if you just assume God smoked a multiverse of weed between the old and new testament. That's why Christians tend not to give a shit about the new testament, because God was a psychotic raging asshole in that one.

>Arthur Curry
>Isn't Captain Britain

*old, whoops. He's a lot more chill in the new one, aside from demanding his bastard get crucified.

Fair enough then.

I beg to differ. I think the new testament god was the strong depiction of how to treat eachother. And the old testament god was a strong depiction of how the world treats you. If you fuck up, your world crumbles beneath you. So watch out.

Yeah, I fucked that up.

>curry power

>lord of all the oceans
>empire theoretically spans the world
>no one takes him seriously
>greatest enemy is a black dude who has done everything he can to make him miserable

I dunno, you could make a case that Arthur IS England

>Kamala Khan
>does not for hate's sake spit her last breath at thee

The Old Testament was full of advice on how to live if you don't understand science.

>"Leave your fields fallow every 7 years so that the soil will get a chance to replenish nutrients"
>"What? I don't understand. Why would I do that?"
>"Do it because God will hate you if you don't"
>"Okay!"

>Muslims are still playing catch up.
I don't think that's going to happen, since it doesn't make sense to ignore sections of the Quran unless they are replaced by later passages.

With the Bible, you can pick and choose more freely.

There's a lot of daily living advice that was relevant at the time, but shouldn't be considered actual moral advice.

Old Testament was basically just God is a jerk : the movie.

>Abraham go kill your kid
>but why?
>cuz it will be funny lol.

>Hey Moses go tell your bro you want the slaves out, but you gotta tell him that 10 times
>but why?
>imma make him stubborn, that's why lol

They had been picking parts of the religion to adhere to before, for some inane reason they just took huge steps back. Just look at the clothing worn by women in the 70s versus what we have now.

A lot of it was a survival guide for the times, yes. Farming, cooking, cleaning, military tactics... It's a how to on how to run a desert tribe combined with Israels chronicle of it's peoples history.

This. The Quran has an explicit ruling that whatever came after (chronologically) supercedes what came before. The wiggle room is in the fact that the Qurans texts are not ORGANIZED chronologically, so the entire study of the text and it's interpretation is centered around dating passages. This is where what interpretation schisms there are happen

>doesn't shoot from the 3

>Iceman
>Is a gigantic faggot

The 70s.

Good point. As far as I know there isn't a 100% accurate chronological order of the chapters, so that probably leads to different interpretations.

I think historians can be pretty sure that some passages came before others though.

Guys. Do you think psychics like hanging out with smart people or dumb people? If they're around dumb people it would be quieter "mentally," and smart people would be like a foghorn every time they had a epiphany. But by the same token dumb people would be like a desert and smart people would be like a mental palace or garden.

Which is it? I need to know.

Of course this would be a popular reaction image on Sup Forumsmblr.

>They had been picking parts of the religion to adhere to before, for some inane reason they just took huge steps back

The biggest change, largely, was that historically (and by proscribed religious tradition) Imams and religious leaders were SEPARATE from the civil authority. Unfortunately, the region was massively destabilized by the fallout of the first and second world wars, and then as it was recovering got fucked with again by the political games of the global powers - US and Russia are the primary offenders but pretty much everyone was involved or complicit because of the tremendous importance of Oil and the brinksmanship of the Cold War. This is why once upon a time Mujahideen and Al Quaida were our friends and funded and supplied by the United States

For various reasons there was a strong push back against foreign idea's and foreign influence as a result, and a return to traditional purely middle eastern values and society. This resulted in a wave of religious re-awakening which led to the Iran revolution among other things. Much like Cuba in the west, people just got fed up and put in someone who promised them freedom and stability and independence.

The role of the Imam in society and whether or not they should be involved in government is another point of debate and sectarian divide, as well as the more obvious debate over whose in charge and who Muhammads real heir was

This is basically what Imams spend the majority of their time studying and debating, as well as the obvious job of memorizing and applying the Qurans lessons to life.

Nigga incredulous muslim girl is old as fuck, get out newfag

And decent human beings can properly conclude that it's 100% shit.

If they cant, they're a Muslim.

>batman
>not actual human bat

>one of his rogue gallery is Man-bat.
>which literally is
goddamn it DC

According to Pyscho Mantis, all ANYONE thinks about is sex, and it drives him fucking crazy.

I think just about any psychic person, first thing, HAS to learn to shut people out or else live on top of a fucking mountain somewhere to not go insane

Depends on the universe

Well he was genocidal, but not a child rapist. The age or consent was way lower back then. They were arranged marriages at really young ages.

Muslims can be nice people :(
but I agree Islam is pretty crazy.

Ted Bundy was pretty nice, too.

Followed it for most of their history until it got retconned because it was a pact between the Jews. Even though Jesus said he's not here to change one word of the old law.

That's legal rape. It's still actual rape if Aisha didn't consent, but I don't think we can tell now.

Stop blaming """"the west"""" for the reason Islam is shit.

Mohammad is the absolute worst role model you could possibly have, and his "teachings" are just as bad as he is.

Christ. Apply what you're saying to yourself. What kind of "foreign influence" would make you go, "Haha, I'm going to throw this guy off a roof for boinking other men, and then blow myself up in a crowd of civilians!"

There's something deeply and inexcusably wrong with Muslims. Every single one is part of the problem that the rest cause.

By modern conventions. I'm in no way defending Muhammad, but you can't apply very recent ideas about age of consent and it's nature to shit that happened thousands of years ago

If they were, they wouldn't choose to be Muslim. That's like saying "there were nice Klansmen".

Yes you can. Protecting children is not rooted in religious teaching. It's an instinct.

Legal rape 1300 years later. Back then it was legal and even encouraged because of short lifespans. Breed fast, that's there the tickets at.

I'm not blaming the west for Islam being shit. I'm explaining the events that transpired to lead people to willingly embrace this darker, more violent, and arguably more scripturally accurate form of it, much like Germany's defeat and economic woes following WW1 led to them embracing Hitler.

It wasn't the allies fault for winning the war, but if they hadn't spiked the football so hard on Germany's fucking face they might notta got back up so mad

Humans are rape animals, Rape is actually our primary evolved form of breeding, it's why our penis lacks a bone and why we have a semen scoop on the front of our cocks

Islam has always been this way. In fact, that's how it got started. "Convert or the Sword."

Who told you this nonsense?

Disingenuous.

He said he was there to "fulfill it", as in, the crazy old testament shit was necessary before, but now no longer applies.

Thats why Christians, objectively, don't follow crazy Leviticus shit, while Jews still do.

Now they're just beta cucks getting steamrolled by Islamic terrorists while their pope licks Muslim feet.

By "nice" I meant "good person". As long as they don't actually follow the Quran too closely, they can be OK.

By "rape" I mean "forced sex". According to that definition, Aisha might have been raped, or maybe not (we can't tell for sure now).

>Hal Jordan
>Isn't related to Michael

"It is hypothesized that rape is homologous to similar behavior in other animals. "Human rape appears not as an aberration but as an alternative gene-promotion strategy that is most likely to be adopted by the 'losers' in the competitive, harem-building struggle. If the means of access to legitimate, consenting sex is not available, then a male may be faced with the choice between force or genetic extinction"

Wilson, Glenn. The Science of Sex: Glenn Wilson on Rape. The Great Sex Divide, pp. 128–131.

Thornhill and Palmer write that "Rape is viewed as a natural, biological phenomenon that is a product of the human evolutionary heritage". They further state that by categorizing a behavior as "natural" and "biological" they do not in any way mean to imply that the behavior is justified or even inevitable. "Biological" means "of or pertaining to life," so the word applies to every human feature and behavior. But to infer from that, as many critics assert that Thornhill and Palmer do, that what is biological is somehow right or good, would be to fall into the so-called naturalistic fallacy. They make a comparison to "natural disasters as epidemics, floods and tornadoes". This shows that what can be found in nature is not always good and that measures should be and are taken against natural phenomena. They further argue that a good knowledge of the causes of rape, including evolutionary ones, are necessary in order to develop effective preventive measures.

Thornhill, Randy & Palmer, Craig T. Why Men Rape. New York Academy of Sciences. JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2000.

>As long as they don't actually follow the Quran too closely, they can be OK.
Then they're not practicing Islam.

>t. Mohammad

Pretty much every non-Islamic society on earth has had very strict laws against rape. Its only you fucks who don't see a problem with it.

Except, despite this gigantic red herring, you don't see the widespread rape of children without instinctual backlash and violence against the perpetrator. In legal settings or out.

>As long as they don't actually follow the Quran too closely, they can be OK.

So, basically, the less Muslim you are, the better person you are.

Except they're still part of the problem for identifying as Muslim.

Which is why white UN peacekeeping troops DEFINITELY haven't been notorious for raping their hearts out when they're sent to impoverished, wartorn nations where they can get away with it without an issue.

True, but I would still consider someone a Muslim if they believed the Quran is the unadulterated word of god, even if they don't follow it exactly.

Well, you're conflating Muslim and Islam. And secondly, I wouldn't.

>By "rape" I mean "forced sex". According to that definition, Aisha might have been raped, or maybe not (we can't tell for sure now).

Children can't consent to sex, Ahmed.

That's why we have these laws in the first place.

It wasn't normal back then, and it isn't normal now.

Other research have found that during the fertile phase of the menstrual cycle women perform fewer behaviors that may increase the risk of an assault. Studies have also found that sensitivity for potential coercive behaviors in males as well as handgrip strength (but only in a simulated coercive situation) increase during the fertile phase of the menstrual cycle. On the other hand, a 2003 study found that the frequency of pregnancy from rape is significantly higher than that of pregnancy in non-coercive intercourse, and advanced the hypothesis that male rapists disproportionately target women exhibiting biological indications of fertility.

McKibbin, W. F.; Shackelford, T. K.; Goetz, A. T.; Starratt, V. G. (2008). "Why do men rape? An evolutionary psychological perspective". Review of General Psychology. 12: 86–97

Gottschall, Jonathan A.; Gottschall, Tiffani A. (2003). "Are per-incident rape-pregnancy rates higher than per-incident consensual pregnancy rates?"

>what kind of foreign influence
Some examples which aren't comprehensive
>funded a coup to overthrow a democratically elected leader because of oil
>armed and train religious fanatics so they could kill the Soviets
>religious fanatics gain power, organization and become heroes
>install a despotic monarch because he was anti communist

Iran being the orthodox Islamic country it is today is directly traceable to anger resulting from America installing their preferred ruler. Al Qaeda is directly relates to the muhjadeen groups funded by the CIA during the Afghanistan war.