Runaways

Well, time to see how this goes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ct_pfY_cYUw

Other urls found in this thread:

gumroad.com/kyletwebster#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ooooh yes.

I've been waiting for a dreading this moment. This is the moment Sup Forums completely turns on Runaways.

Guys, I have an idea. What if we DON'T storytime this? Then in like 4 years, we can just collectively go "oh yeah, I remember that but never actually read it. I'm sure it wasn't that bad".

>all my books keep getting cancelled

Damn it Chase....you know this will have bad consequences he wouldn't give a fuck anyway

I need to know my enemy.

The lower my expectations the better the outcome could be.

Dude can you just post the pages and not give a sentence long commentary on every page?

I thought Marvelfags were excited for another Runaways book. What happened?

This isn't gonna be Cecelia Reyes but it should be. Or even the excalibur muslim chick.

Think I'm a bit too sober right now for this shit

It makes me feel really uncomfortable that I know exactly where the colorist got those tones.

I don't know why.

using up a lot of spells
nope, can you just not comment
bur

>cow ring
aaand I'm out!

it was never the same after bkv left anyways. whedon's run was weak. this will likely be worse tho.

So why are the Runaways in their mid-20s now?

Hey kids, do you remember those glasses Chase used to look at the girls in their underwear?
Pepperidge farm remembers.

Not like this

Not like this

> Sweden Goggles

SWEDEN YES?

>"No, I'm going to willingly be a faggot"

K m8

Has the artist ever seen a woman in his life? Nico just looks like a guy in drag.

People wanted a Squirrel Girl book but they didn't want the one they got for very obvious reasons.

>I am a great magician!
>Your shirt is red!

Is the entire issue just gonna be them fixing Gert?

I can see squirrel girl but he hasnt even finished the issue.
Are the Runaways that good in the past?

According to someone who saw it yesterday, yes.

what is Kris Anka's obsession with drawing men and calling them women

women dress like this when they think no one is watching. All the time.

Things change. Characters you like change for the worse and storylines you were interested in disappear in the ether.

This is legitimately his style. Everyone is a man, then he sticks some boobs on them.

wait...we ARE acknowledging the Witch Arm? I thought everyone was just going to act like it never happened?

I miss when Nico looked like that cute Asian girl I knew back in high school, not my bitchy older cousin who doesn't have a job and begs my parents for money.

Of course the new female character is a lesbian.

To me personally it's not that this book isn't good, I don't know yet, obviously. It's that all the shit that they have to slog through to try to get them back together in 6 issue pretty much guarantees a lot of bullshit.

Bringing back Gert is already using a large portion of it's allotted bullshit. Nico not having her witch arm or new staff also begs questions. Klara being non-existent is another. I'd like to see them address Victor. I don't know if they will.

Having seen the writer's twitter I imagine she's gonna lay her politics on super thick. The book always had it's literally blue haired hipsters but it made sense. I think it's going to be worse. If it's not completely worse Sup Forumss going to shit itself anyway.

who fucking cares, she doesn't even have a name

Runaways' strongest point was its memorable characters that Marvel refused to talk about for half a decade. A few years ago they started popping up in other stories again, most of which have botched them horribly (the Dakken arc was alright, though). Naturally, we don't have much faith in any new incarnation of them anymore.

Thought the same thing immediately, user.

The women in this comic look manlier than Fist of the North Star characters.

It says right there that they aren't going to talk about it.

>Anka continues to be a shit tier artist
Will this faggot ever get fired?

Giving Anka credit for drawing her fat. She even looks feminine.

isn't she significantly younger than everyone else now? Like, illegally young almost?

Who?

18+ you entitled fucking child.

Anka is one of the best Marvel artist nowdays.
You got shit taste in comic book art.

His designs are another thing.

Nico's gotten around the one spell limitation years ago by learning new languages.

Please don't tell me that's Chase's mom back from the dead. And one of Molly's parents became a cat.

I think she started out 15 so she could be 16 and chase is 20 if 2 years later starts at the end of the Runaways book. If 2 years is since it all started she's 15 and chase is 19.

THANKS MARVEL.

That's it? Please tell me this wasn't four bucks

well, I enjoyed it. It has the right tone of sad drama and a touch of humor. And of course they have to argue. Nothing great, but a hell of a lot better than I expected

Two years?! The fuck?!

That's two different cats.

Who the fuck knows.

I know, right? They all look like they're 30.

Where?

Would you bang your waifu along with your time traveling self, Sup Forums?

Well...Alright then

Maybe they shouldn't have used the entire first issue to fix Gert

that's pretty standard length. Seems shorter cause all the spread pages

So pretty much a high school freshman, Molly and a bunch of adults. Fun times, won't be awkward at all.

alrighty then

Frankly, I expected this entire (mini)series to be about that

Hell yeah, double team her and she wouldn't be cheating.

Actually, yeah, I'm a fuckwit.

What is Dr. Claw doing in Runaways?

I always love it whenever they mention time passing in Marvel. The implication that everything that's happened since 2004 has been in the last two years is hilarious.

gumroad.com/kyletwebster#

I can't link the specific set but it's the $12 screen tones set.

No Molly in the first issue? God dammit.

>She used to be a Runaway...
>Then she ran away.

That's poetic.
That's pathetic.

They do keep lowering page count though. I've seen some writers complaining about it being cut repeatedly.

It's down to 20 from 22, before that it was 24.

So is this going to end with this Gert going back in time and becoming the Gert who yells at Chase so he gets hit by a car in the last issue of the 2008 comic?

>fuckall happened: the issue
I mean really, all of this could've been resolved on one page if only the writer remembered that Nico speaks a fuckton of languages. She could've just cast "heal" or "resuscitate" in Kree.

I understood that reference

>Can't cook ramen.
Millennial problems, am I right? Relatable huh?

Who boils instant noodles anyway? Just pour some water from a kettle on it.

>2017
>needs a match to light a stove
I've seen some pretty shitty apartments in my day, and none of them needed a match for the stove. Besides, couldn't she just buy some cup noodles and put them in a microwave?

She's probably exhausted most of those, too. If I were her, I'd spend my free time coming up with new heal phrases and carry a book of them.

God this was boring!!!

>shilling that hard
have a you

yeah, I thought it was going to be trash, but at least Scrolly Doo wasn't in the issue

Yes, let's waste 20 pages of going through the surgery with every step being accompanied with a spell instead. Because that'll get people to buy the book. Shit writing desu.

The first volume was great. The second volume was alright. The third volume was trash. Every single use of the Runaways since then has ranged from OK to trash. The problem is that by the end of the first volume, their whole reason for the team existing was thrown out the window. They were Runaways because they were running away from their parents. But then their parents were killed at the end of the first volume...

So then the second volume had them running away from their new foster homes... but then the people who put them in their foster homes stopped giving a fuck and wrote them off as a lost cause. At this point, almost everyone on the team is 18+ so... they aren't even Runaways. The whole premise for the team is thrown out the window. They're not a traditional super-team, so at this point it's just "some friends that take care of two underage teenagers" which just isn't super interesting.

Everytime they've used them since volume 1 ended, they pretty much have to keep coming up with newer and more hacky reasons to justify the team's existence beyond just "Well, uhh, they're a family and some of them have superpowers, and one of them is underage!"

It is trash though.

BattleWorld Runaways is them running away from the Doom Youth training center.
Well, I say "them". It's only Molly, the rest of the team are other characters.

He's gay. That's... kinda the jist of it. He gets told to draw them as attractive, but his definition of attractive is big, muscular dudes.

sjws happened

>'ve seen some pretty shitty apartments in my day, and none of them needed a match for the stove.
You just have to replace the igniter. That's what that "click click click" sound is. The igniter isn't working, so you have to light the stove with a match.

Runaways was always padded with drama, bad decisions and arguments though. Issues were always drawn with that stuff.

Runaways has been SJW a decade before SJWs were a thing.

>shitting on Anka when Ramon Villalobos is still allowed to draw things