Is Wanda Best Girl?

>inb4 Gyppo

Europe has tons of Nomadic Tribes. "Gypsy" doesn't mean "Indian Romani"so just pretend she's a sexy Slavfu.

>inb4 "muh Magneto"

She's literally genetically engineered by the High Evolutionary. That's like saying she was made to be perfect!

So, now that that's out of the way... is she Sup Forums's woman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xq2KNT8is7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing? No Wanda love? Seriously Sup Forums?

Wanda is love, Wanda is life.

Remember when she genocided mutants?
Best mutie ever

She's a qt, but now that she's been tainted by the MCU, she's shit. She made more sense as a fucking mutant, as her decades of fucking stories have told.

Now whenever someone mentions her, 99.9% is the MCUck version. Case in point I like Lizzie and she's a qt, but when I think Wanda I think the comic qt.

Actual best girl coming through

disgusting!

Her and Carol.
Go away Benis.

Retconning out Magneto was the best thing that happened to her.

The people who were butt-hurt about it were almost all Magneto fans who see her as a tool that exists entirely for his character development.

Mutants leave, this is a Wanda Thread.

Who will rescue Wanda from being written by Zub?

If Juggernaut is powered by Cytorrak, and that makes him not a mutant, then how can Wanda, powered by Chthon, be a mutant?

>retcon shit
>versus an origin that hasn't been tampered with
Go back 50 years and try again. Wanda should have remained a mutant, not because it adds anything. but because that's how it was. Tomorrow they'll have Spidey's cause of powers being a drop of chemical on his hand or some bullshit if this continues.

Ugh, when people draw her as a Romani Gyppo she looks so fucking ugly. Slavfu Wanda is Best Wanda.

That still doesn't look like Wanda.

>Not liking MCU Wanda

We can celebrate comic Wanda and MCU Wanda, user, and we can hope that one day comic Wanda will dress like this too.

>cute girl street clothes are better than a halter top and cape
Exactly why he said fuck MCUcks, fuck off

No one. Zub is probably the best writer at Marvel for Wanda, because he at least does not hate or ignore her.

That's how bad things are for her at Marvel comics.

Wanda is my favorite Marvel character but I have to admit I can't fully separate the character from the story of how shit she was treated by Marvel.

Everything was against her ever being popular again: genociding the Avengers, genociding the mutants, missing out on years of comics where much of the material for the MCU was created, being banned from the Avengers cartoon because she was already in the X-Men cartoon as Magneto's daughter.

But she made it after all. Well, not all the way back, but way closer than you'd expect especially since she's still banned from most merchandise.

I have no idea if Lizzie is a good Wanda or a bad one yet because she hasn't has all that much screen time yet. (She can act, but so can Jeremy Renner and you wouldn't know it from these movies.) The test will be Avengers 3 if she and Vision can grab enough time from Tony Stark.

So anyway that's one explanation for why the Scarlet Witch is popular with Sup Forums types. Liking her allows you to like a character and hate Marvel editorial at the same time.

Not for a costume, user, she needs some off-duty civilian clothes.

She did finally appear in one of those weird little short stories Marvel turns out for newsstand magazines. Those stories absolutely do not feature any Fox-affiliated characters so maybe it's a sign of a thaw. Who knows.

On the other hand the artist (Ron Lim) drew her in the classic outfit because nobody knows what an MCU-affiliated comic version of Wanda is supposed to look like.

In one issue, Zub went right back to Remender's Wanda/Rogue rivalry everyone hated the first time, and ruined a potentially-decent scene of a traumatized Wanda by having her flirting with the first person to try and help her.

Glad Future Fight added her, but I won't actually get her for a while.

She's an Olsen. They can't act for shit, they are just there to look pretty.

Not sure why they wouldn't just use her Civil War costume for an MCU comic, but it would be nice if Infinity War actually gave her that costume.

Is there anywhere we can read the rest of this?

I didn't hate it. These books thrive on character conflict. At least the animus Rogue would have for Wanda is organic.

I like panels where Wanda has nothing to do with the scene but the artist just decides to make it all about her anyway.

Artists seem to like her as much as writers hate her.

More Jeff Moy.

You take that back, user. Wanda and Vision are going to be the best things about Infinity War.

Unless they get less than 10 minutes each on screen again, while Stark, Spider-Man and Star-Lord quip at each other for 2 hours in an effort to create memes.

Will Wanda ever be in an Avengers cartoon again?

Here is an episode from the 1999 cartoon which put the focus on her: youtu.be/xq2KNT8is7o

Lizzie can act. There's plenty of evidence of that.

Her sisters are totally different to her. It's very clear she is weary of ending up like them.

>I like panels where Wanda has nothing to do with the scene but the artist just decides to make it all about her anyway.

Any more examples of this?

>Artists seem to like her as much as writers hate her.

This is true, but then how do we explain Byrne, who was writer and artist?

Byrne liked drawing Wanda, but he hated Jim Shooter, and Jim Shooter loved Vision.

> Writer ignores Wanda.

> Artist wants to draw Wanda so says "fuck you, I'm putting her at the front".

I quite like costume in pic.

I just want Wanda Jan and Carol on the same Avengers team again.
Why isn't Carol on the roster? Don't they want to push her before the movie?

Because Carol is so Super Important she is above the Avengers. Carol has to be at the center of everything.

Uncanny Avengers has always been basically a containment book for characters Marvel doesn't want to push.

This is why during the Marvel NOW! period Remender got Wasp, Wonder Man and Scarlet Witch and Avengers A.I. got Vision. These were all "classic" Avengers who had been killed or turned evil in the Bendis era and who Hickman didn't want to use (because he didn't want any Avengers nostalgia in his run).

Carol was placed on the main Avengers team along with the 6 characters from the movie and a few others they wanted to push.

Once Vision got into the MCU he was back on the main Avengers team, while Wanda and Jan suffer from the war with Fox (for the one) and not being the Wasp in the MCU (the other).

Yet Shooter's Avengers doesn't do that much with Vision.

Byrne was one of the best Wanda artists, but letting him write Wanda and Vision was a mistake.

>>>Sup Forums

Zub is actually a pretty good example of the kind of writer who would benefit from having an editor guide him.

But alas Ike got rid of the editors.

Avengers is fucking cancer

Back to Sup Forums SnyderPajeet

I honestly don't think "get back at Shooter" was Byrne's thing here, though the run is full of dumping on Steve Englehart's run.

Byrne had identified an actual problem, which is that Englehart had made Wanda and Vision so happy and perfectt that their story was basically over. Wanda came out of that maxi-series OK but Vision had become a bland suburban dad who had lost everything that made him cool.

The problem is that when Byrne tries to "fix" a problem he almost always makes things worse, plus he always claims he's getting back to the creator's original intentions when he's completely full of shit (like claiming that the emotionless robot Vision was just like he was when he first joined the Avengers).

"Love is for souls, not bodies".

"Humans are odd, they think that order and chaos are opposites."

"A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts."

Wanda and Vision's relationship is at its core about humanity, one discovering it, the other fighting to hold onto it.

> Vision is devoid of emotions.

> T'challa doesn't even notice.

And people call Wanda crazy?

But how much of this was meant as "addressing the actual problem" that Wanda and Vision needed some change to their status quo if you wanted to bring them out of semi-retirement, and how much was just Byrne getting to finally unleash 15 years of pent-up autistic rage at that time Steve Englehart had two women marry an android and a tree.

Byrne didn't make Vision a more viable character, he put a lot of effort into destroying him so effectively that over 25 years later, few people think of him as a person anymore, most see him as just a robot, or as a 'copy' or 'clone' of Wonderman. Keep repeating it and most people don't even stop to realise they have very different personalities.

>"Love is for souls, not bodies".

Hopefully they'll work that line into the movie.

Vision appears as a human in the kiss scene that was leaked, probably like his hologram disguise in the comics, but I wonder if this is to make them more palatable to normies.

It's a hologram, I don't understand people thinking he becomes human.

He disguises himself as "Victor Shade", to visit Wanda without being noticed, so he can breach the Accords.

The hologram also reflects his desire to be human.

That's the most likely explanation.

People thinking "he becomes human" are probably just wishful thinking of this is what happens when he loses the Mind Stone. And because Vision becoming a human is an obvious story no-one's ever done before.

That, or people are just aware that the combined Infinity Gems can do anything, and a lot of weird crazy things could be about to happen.

As long as she's wearing a bustier and a loin cloth, I will fap.

>Lizzie has best smile

Why is she so perfect, anons?

Does SW work better as an X-Man, or as a sexy, sexy Witch?

Wanda has never been one of the X-Men, only the Avengers.

Now she's not a mutant, that is unlikely to change.

Tell Sup Forums how you would love and protect Wanda, anons.

>Mutant
Eh, there's nothing inherently hot about it. Mutants are everywhere, and "normal" ones are just humans. It makes little difference.

>Witch
Now this is what I'm talking about. Supernatural stuff are inherently hot as fuck. Imagine fucking her in the woods, or atop an altar after she's finished a ritual or whatever. "Fear Boners" and "Hate Boners" are some of the best around.

> Wanda in shorts

I never knew I needed this.

Mutant Wanda is too Earthy for my liking.

Witchy stuff is where all the mysteriousness and otherworldly sensuousness happens. The mystery of Wanda, the journey into surreal worlds of mystic fantasy.

Watch out, though, because you certainly don't want sexy-time with Chthon.
That's like the Crying Game x 3000.

>Witchy stuff is where all the mysteriousness and otherworldly sensuousness happens. The mystery of Wanda, the journey into surreal worlds of mystic fantasy.
Same. Mutant Wanda is just another hot comic book babe, nothing more. Witch Wanda is something else entirely.