Amazing Spider-man #32 Storytime

Slott has never written a compelling Norman Osborn until now.

Have a Bump user!

So I haven't read any Spider-Man stuff since before Spider-Island started. Anything worth picking up? I've been very curious in Deadpool/Spider-Man by Joe Kelly. Seems to be the only mildly decent Spider related thing on the market at the moment.

Kelly's Spider-man/Deadpool is great and well worth reading. If you miss PeterxMJ or want an MC2 Spider-girl-ish book, then check out Renew Your Vows.

Other than those two, it all ranges from bad to OK. The recent Carnage ongoing by Conway was also great.

Thanks user, I was the OP of the other thread. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks about it.

ASM has been really hit or miss, depending on your tastes.

Some titles I enjoyed
>Scarlet Spider vol 2
>Renew Your Vows vol 2
>Spider-Man/Deadpool (only the Kelly McGuinness issues)
>Superior Team-Up
>Superior Foes of Spider-Man
>Spider-Gwen
>Edge of Spider-Verse

And that's it. Next issue starts up the Legacy arc about "The Fall of Peter Parker."

Also if you're wondering how/when this Osborn plot will be followed up on, well:
>Osborn is on the hunt for some way to gain his insanity and super-powers back
>the solicit for this issue said it was setting up the 2018 Spider-man event
>its been all but confirmed that the 2018 Spider-man event is Maximum Carnage II

Draw your own conclusions from that.

rekt

poor normie

>If you miss PeterxMJ

Is my taste wrong if I always preferred PeterxFelicia? I was never a fan of MJ much. I've heard good things about both Carnage and Hobgoblin's series so I'll check out those.

If only the monks that taught Doctor Doom had done the same thing.

This was an interesting romp and a nice way to get Osborn back on track. I don't like the bait & switch, but I really don't think wizard goblin would have worked long term.

Really enjoyed this page

>I always preferred PeterxFelicia
Me too. Nothing wrong with that, MJ just always came across as prickly and awful, I never understood her appeal.

>I never understood her appeal
She's a literal super model. That's her appeal.

It's actually because she's a loyal, caring person who challenges him to be a better man and supports him through his hardships all while having a close personal history.

Oh boy...this is going to be fun.

To me she always came across as someone who could keep up with Peter and legitimately let him be himself, while Felicia only really gave a shit about Spider-Man, and Gwen only gave a shit about Peter Parker, the nerdy dude in her class.
I guess I just saw her being "prickly and awful" as being confident and sure of herself, which I liked. Like i said, this my opinion, but i think she compliments Peter's personality much better than any of his other love interests have.

>Mister Coffe
Ok, I smiled.

Wow, so for me, Slott finally wrote a good issue since Superior. Bravo.

I knew something fishy was up the moment I saw the Goblin "totem", that would have simply been way too convenient

I love some PeterxChat.

RIP: Beautiful mutant girlfriend of peter parker.

that was a pretty great issue, I'm impressed

someone has been watching the brave and the bold

Thanks for the storytime. This was surprisingly okay.

>Peter did to Norman what Rees did to Eddie
Holy shit!

love that this random acupuncturist just happens to know about Mystical Temple With No Name and Norman is like, "well, she's an acupuncturist, I'm sure this is legit"

Why didn't Norman just go to Roddy? Dude made the serum better. With no insanity, but still.

All Asians are kung-fu masters, didn't you know?

I honestly think Slott might have some sort of hang up/Asian fetish. He made Silk Peter's cocksleeve with literally no personality until Thompson came and did her mini, touted the Parker Industries as some big international corporation but we only really saw action at the Shanghai branch with a little of the NYC branch. The London branch appeared once or twice.

I don't know, I'm really just eternally creeped out by the whole Silk thing.

He made the new female Asian Wraith.

I completely forgot about her. Mister Negative is also Asian. I'm sure there are others.

Okay might as well ask this here, can anyone in the Marvel Universe learn magic? How does it work?

You study, read, meditate, focus, and you learn magic

You can only not learn magic if you don't believe in magic

this is one of my favorite pages of all time

Who would not believe in magic in this universe?

>straights

Uh...is he calling her a dyke?

Dummies

Are you retarded?

Pretty much, Beast from the O5 is now a sorcerer so it can't be too difficult.

Probably the same way you could argue whether or not Thor was the actual god of Thunder or an advanced alien race that modeled itself after Thor, god of Thunder.

Mental tigers

Holy shit, Maximum Carnage 2? That's fucking ridiculous.

It's the 25th anniversary.

Plus the upcoming Venom film.

I'd say "but people hate Maximum Carnage," but Clone Saga 3 is proof Marvel doesn't fucking care.

Maximum Carnage really works as a period piece though. Like, it's not a good story but if you want to see a story that encapsulates """"90's comics""""" then go no further.

The tpb first released in 2005 is still in print 12 years later, so people keep buying it.

People don't hate Maximum Carnage, nerds hate Maximum Carnage.

A Maximim Carnage 2 will stir up a lot of news with normies, because ones that grew up in the 90s will remember the Maximum Carnage event from childhood as being the most awesome thing ever, or perhaps only even know of it from the video game, or maybe never heard of it at all but surely love Carnage because he's a popular guy who sold a shitload of action figures

That's probably why they have the test now

>"The Fall of Peter Parker."

How many times must his story be falling?

Maximum Carnage is the storyline I read when my mom got me garage sale comics almost twenty years ago. That's probably how many remember it too.

Did he run out of web fluid again?

This.

I'm sick of the Peter failing shit. His entire fucking history is about that. Him actually making something out of himself and steeping up to be a greater hero and person was new. His whole damn destiny is that one day he's going be consider of the greatest heroes but they keep knocking him down.

This is a pretty good twist

I hate Slott. I hated Superior, I hated Spiderverse, I hated Parker Industries Peter, I hated Clone Conspiracy, I hated the last arc.

I liked this.

It is literally a self-perpetuating meme of a comic. It's popular because they made it 16 issues long, printed a million copies and pushed a popular character.

what does every acupuncturist knows about this temple?

acupuncture is magic in the Marvel Universe.

he just straight up has yellow fever

Looks like Norman hit the jackpot.

I didn't like the end twist, cheap fake-out, he might as well just dreamed the whole thing. But I wouldn't like it if the monks actually did train Osborn to become Goblin again, they're smarter then that.

What if he gets his powers by making a deal with you-know-who?

I bet that's what Gwen told him too.

But the entire Big Time and eventually Parker Industries arcs were about him "succeeding." Getting the job he wanted at the big think tank/tech/science start up with Horizon Labs, then getting to be on top of the world as CEO of the company Otto started. People were sick of that.

This issue was about how Osborn won't be able to turn to science or magic to fix his condition leaving symbiotes

Then those people are fucking idiots and part of the problem, because Pete not being shit and down on his luck was new. Pete actually having money and not being borderline homeless was new. Pete's entire fucking story so far has been about how being Peter and spider-man was shitty and when we finally get to a point where he lives up to his destiny, faggots start crying and get him sent back to being shit and poor again.

There is no fucking way or reason you can ever explain Peter being poor and down on his luck again at this point but they will force it. Because of faggots.

>Somehow still being surprised at capes worshipping the dark lord of status quo

I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Like holy fuck we finally got Pete stepping up and being the hero we always were told he was be and the only response we get are faggots who keep crying and trying to send Pete back decades in his achievements. Meanwhile Tony gets to keep his company and never really lose while Peter has actually made inventions and shared them with humanity. Something Tony and Reed almost never do. Pete thought about his fellow man where as the other big names were selfish as fuck, one of the things that led hydracap to power. Anyway I'm ranting and gonna shut up. Just a long time spidey fan who's disappointed.

You're saying the exact same things people said back during OMD/BND. Probably the same things people said at multiple points during Clone Saga too. It's just how this sort of thing works. It's shit and we eat it up. Just gotta take the good bits as standalone stories.

Ugh, why make the two biggest Spider-villains into pastiches now
>it's Otto WITH SPIDER-POWERS
>it's Osborn WITH A SYMBIOTE

Can anybody storytime Deadpool or Venomverse?

reminds me of that one issue of action comics
>you could have chosen anything you wanted
>but you chose to kill super/spider-man
>therefore you get nothing

Deadpool/Spidey is excellent.

Superior Team-Up is good if you're into the Superior Spidey concept, but it's also hamstrung by being the spinoff book. The main superior book is sadly dogshit.

Wow, what the fuck. this is no shit the best single issue that Slott's done in years.

Imagine if he gave a couple of these short stories to Otto. Imagine how much better Superior would have gone over if he just had the goddamn restraint to cut the shit and just focus on a tightly paced story. What a waste.

So the lesson here is that when Slott isn't writing Peter Parker or Silver Surfer, he's actually good?

Ok, for a sec there, I thought Osborn SOMEHOW got his hands on a Green Goblin-Loki Toon Force Mask. Now that would be terrifying.

God. Why did you remind me. She was too good for this world.

is this worth reading

>Big Head!Norman
Jesus I won't sleep tonight

This run? No. This issue? Yes.

To be fair DOOM didn't take over the temple some people just willing became his servants and people of the mystic arts are welcomed in Latveria anyway.