We need more POC representation in comics and I for one applaud Marvel

We need more POC representation in comics and I for one applaud Marvel

Why do we need that exactly?

why?

>sir, they aren't responding to the female characters
>ok, make them black!
>sir, sales are plummeting
>fucking racist trump supporters! we''s show them!
>Sir, please, dont
>GIMP HER

Huh?

Kek

>Let's give sensationalized headlines attention
I guess this will give op (you's)

You have enough already fuck off

Gay black cripples from Africa are a huge sales demographic.

KEK

>gimp her
Fuck made me kek hard

Wait, What happen?

Nigga who's we?

Whos this

>Ngozi
>Nig Go Zee

WOOOOOOWWWWW

>GIMP HER
Wait is that what this is. They giving her a symbiote.
Does that shit really boost sales?

You fucking lying son of a bitch.

She is alternate version of venom. Fucking comic books fans, it always the blacks.

Watchgu doin nigguh? dem grasshoppas be poisonous and cause dem rashes!

I don't think this writer has actually read anything with venom.

fuckin rekt

Does the venom symbiote have a thing for cripples now? Did Eddie give it some kind of dependency fetish? Does it think no one will ever walk away from it like Parker did if they literally can't walk?

It's too early for a storytime of pain

I like the idea of a cripple getting venom.
When's this from?

UGLI!!

Attractive blacks exist Marvel.

We already had Agent Venom, tho.

Why would you write a character you never read?

Good thing BP jobbed to fucking rhino so a handicapped black girl can replace him. Classic Marlel.

>black panther
>having trouble with the rhino
the fucks this all about?

I'd fuck it, but then again i have a thing for zenomorphs. Did black panther seriously just get KILLED by the fucking RHINO of all things so that she could be a thing? I dont even like black panther but this shit pisses me off

She look like a black cricket not a panther

Is this of pain? I am enjoying it so far.

Rhinos doing the spiderman neck thing

This wasn't too bad, except for Black Panther being killed by the Rhino. They should call her Black Grasshopper.

Oh right.

wait this is so strange.

Did black panther die? Why was she scrambling towards that cricket with a crazy look in her eyes?
Why is the symbiot acting so weird with her?
Did she kill Rhino? What?

What's going on??

And he wasn't even gored on his horn or something cool. Rhino literally stomped on his butt

Well that was terrible, but about what I expected from a symbiote event in the modern age.

>HURRR THIS IS TOTALLY IN-UNIVERSE AND NOT ANOTHER ALT UNIVERSE GUYS

Fuck off

Black panther is no good anymore so I am fine with it.

An alternate universe BP who existed solely to introduce this character who as thus far appeared in one backup story in a tie-in to a lowkey Venom mini-event.

Doom dominating Venom was worth reading this issue.

Looks like the chimera ants are taking over wakanda

>Why was she scrambling towards that cricket with a crazy look in her eyes?
She admired it's legs and wanted to keep it.

Her design definitely has potential

Oh OH. She goes outside to get it. Wow that was oddly done.

She still looks like she wants to eat it.

Fun fact: this takes place in the country where Boko Haram kidnapped all those girls.

Well, that's just great.

So- is that implying she's evil? Or-?

My issue with her origins is killing off black panther so easily. It would be better if she was a guard or something.

The said part about it is that the concept and design are actually not half bad, but the way it's presented in a typical nu-Marvel fashion is just off-putting.

>said
sad

Why is Black Panther jobbing to the fucking Rhino

Why is Rhino in fucking Shithole, Africa?

I hate they made her symbiote a bitch that wants to runaway just so she can be the brave strong black girl that fights back against adversity.

He's a mercenary, probably went to steal something, it's not implausible

He was there to steal the symbiote and she got it when they were fighting.

did this nigga just job to the rhino

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

I want to like this I really do
BUT THEY JUST RETCONNED AND NERFED SO FUCKING MUCH ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO SO

Eh. It's not ideal but I can live with it.

>"so fast!"
>in-universe documentary specially placed to take a shot at her while she's remembering what it was like to have working legs
>poster of high-kickin' Bruce Lee himself just to drive it home
What the actual fuck man

>this bai-
>this actually fucking happened

Yeah no I'm done

With AIDS...don't forget that AIDS.

What really bothers me here is how she has zero reaction to the big super powered brawl a few yards away from her, you'd think she'd be a little too stunned to notice a can bump into her wheel.

She has a good Venom design though

The artstyle, particularly for BP, makes this one of the funniest comic pages I've ever seen.

You are now aware nobody has storytimed Venomverse #2 yet

>redefine the real image of a superhero

I didn't know superheros had a branding problem. Who knew.

Real superheros have curves

Yes, I'm sure this will save Marvel. It surely won't be cancelled half way through.

Just out of curiosity, as one of those "People of Color" myself

1. Is there anybody who likes being called this or POCs? It sounds kind of insulting
2. Do you actually see some kind of demand for this from other "POCs"? Because I'm pretty sure this is all from white people

>POC

People of Cripple?

>It sounds kind of insulting
Because it is. You're supposed to join the crusade against the white devil because you aren't white and thus an ally.

I wouldn't care, It is just words to me. I do wanted a well-written joyful black hero.

Wow

much fast

That is pretty awful pacing/paneling.

There was already a black crippled character who got a symbiote. I only read his first issue - he was called Payback. He was a former police officer who'd been paralyzed, and his younger brother killed in a drive-by shooting after the brother showed up a gang-banger. I can't remember the specifics of hwo he came across it, but several small, weak symbiotes merged together and created a hive-mind symbiote that bonded with him, restoring his ability to walk.

They were peaceful and non-violent but the issue closed with his anger for what had happened to him and his brother overpowering them and him intending to kill every last gang member in the city.

>Marvel - the house of ideas (we've already used)

>"Most prolific African marvel hero unceremoniously killed off so that an even more 'diverse' character takes his place"

Man imagine the headlines for that. If this were canon (I assume its another AU or something) then everyone would be fucking rioting. It'd be a PR nightmare.

Doesn't a single Heart Shaped Herb have a massive fucking chance of straight up killing you?

I actually don't mind Black Panther dying. It's fucking Edge of Venomverse, not the MCU.

You guys are real babies about your canon. Sure, the story is told poorly, but there's nothing wrong with an old character dying so a new one can take his place. And I like the creepy factor of a Venom protecting Wakanda.

Now if only the art didn't suck total balls, I would be actually super intrigued by this.

oh boy I cant wait for this nothing character to get a book that gets 10 issues and is never heard of again

God that was a shit story for a shit event. I don't know what was worse
>Black Panther jobbing
>Black Panther jobbing to Rhino
>Literally who girl from a neighboring country going to Wa Fuck outsiders let them die of cancer kanda, getting a chance to fight for the Panther title
>Her winning and all the notoriously xenophobic wakandans celebrating their new foreign Queen (because fuck Shuri)
Man fuck venomverse and the symbiote it swung in on.

>character that can transform into any type of bug
I don't know, I really like this power.

This is the marvel bizarro universe where BP is weak, Rhino is stronger, some crippled black girl that just fused with a symbiote is even stronger, and the symbiote is a pussy. So the heart shaped herb probably felt good and made her even stronger.

>Ngozi

What? Is that a fucking alien or something?

1. I fucking hate it, but I understand why they use it as it makes a good catch all term since "intersectonality" is a thing and non-white is clunky, it's shit but better than stuff like "black bodies" which is a thing "black intellectuals" are trying to push which is dehumanizing as fuck
2. While I like the occasional Black super they don't have to all be black, my last favorite was Robbie Reyes (fuck marvel for what they did to him). If you're gonna make em black at least use the guys where familiar with like Static, Patriot, ect instead shitty, pandering OCs, give obscure characters a chance to shine or at least make good interesting characters like Robbie.

>Is that a fucking alien or something?
They've bonded with a symbiote so at this point they kinda are.

I remember a small aside where a symbiote attached to a crochety old woman. She immediately attacked her daighter for neglectful before the symbiote moved onto someone else. It only lasted a few panels but was a pretty glorious idea. They really need one of them to fully bond with a terminally ill old woman or something, just to see what kind of shit she'll try to pull.

>winner!
>so fast!
>bruce lee poster
I changed my mind, this is hilarious.

>VERY FAST WINNER RUNNING AT HIGH SPEED

You mean Hybrid. And he was rad as shit.

VERY FAST FORMER RUNNER WHEELING AT INCREDIBLE HIGH SPEED

Well it makes sense in a messed up way. Poor insecure Venom.