IM OUT

IM OUT

fuck you dc
fuck you snyder YOU ARENT MORRISON STOP TRYING TO BE MORRISON

>Batmanium

>batman event where batman is the main character and used as a doorway for evil batmen

What's the problem OP?

Despite the numerous good books over at DC right now, Batman still remains shit thanks to King and Snyder.

HAHAHAHAHA. This shit is "Batwanking: The Event", seriously, this shit would be a hilarious parody if it wasn't because i'm supposed to take it seriously.

Cant wait to see this stuff being posted all over 9gag, memecenter and facebook!

Context?

You're reading comics where there's a guy dressed as a bat called "Batman", who drives a car he calls the "Batmobile" and throws weapons he calls "batarangs".

This is where you draw the line?

Court of Owls doing ritual bullshit, Snyder tries to justifying his made up ass metals from his previous stories like it all led up to this moment, and Batman is the final element to summon the Dark Judge looking Bat League

This was the moment I laughed out loud and it fucking dawned on me.
>Batwank the event
>named and themed after AESTHETIC
>"ok so Batman is the door for more batman as predestined by the bat god of the bat tribe...what if the key was...ALSO BATMAN"
It drove home that event may well be purely aesthetic, and trying to capture the absurdity of some of the Silver Age comics

I said this before but everyone called me a pleb.

Morrison ruined batman for the next 20 years.

Superman had Supermanium in the Silver Age and nobody was having bitchfits over it.

Speaking of Batman writers, how is it that King can write a decent Swamp Thing crossover and that Elmer Fudd one off, and yet fucking sucks with this War of Jokes and Riddles nonsense?

Silver Age comics were toilet reading you wipe your ass with after taking a dump

he wants to write a big important "realistic" look at the psychology of Batman, and the Swamp Thing and Elmer Fudd team-ups are separate from that

Because it was the fucking Silver Age

Batman was fighting crime as Batbaby n shit. People were on some strong shit back then.

You could be right, user. Maybe this IS about the absurdity of the Silver Age.

In which case It can forgiven, considering how ridicoulous this all is.

Which made sense in the era of Superman summoning Super Midgets and Batman turning into a flying buzzsaw to cut statues in half.

Comics were deliberately campy back then. Not the SRS BSNS they are now.

If Metal was some young kiddie comic, people would be chuckling at Batmanium, not ragequitting.

Shit's metal, heavy metal.

So the same thing as Invincible did?

Baby Darkseid showing up makes me think that too.

How did you make it this far, OP? Was metal humans not enough of a warning sign?

Holy hell, the fact that the baby looks like a giant raising makes the whole thing funnier.

>This is where you draw the line?
I know you're baiting, but there are people out there that actually believe this, so I'll explain it.

The batmobiles and the batarangs and all the various Adam West bat sprays are silly and campy yes, but they were still contained within the relatively small world belonging to Batman. As a consumer of DC media, you could take a breathe and your lungs would not be filled with Batman. Not so anymore.

What's happening with this event, is DC essentially dropping all pretense and saying "Yes. The DC Multiverse as a whole revolves around Batman and Batman alone. No one else matters." It's bullshit. Plain and simple.

because that actually makes sense

You know that theres a wrong way to do absurdity, right? Like take Kite Man for instance, thats good absurdity because he has a stupid gimmick but fun because of what the writer has him do.

>Baby Darkseid shows up in Metal
I think Snyder is trying to go full Silver Age with a Metal Hurlant aesthetic

Will babyseid get any more panels or did they just leave him alone in the middle of a tomb? I hope there's always one character carrying him at every moment.

Have you considered that you might just be taking the comic more seriously than you are expected to?

I don't follow this event. But isn't this the one with the Justice League forming a megazord?

This

Fuck you, you casual fucking faggot. Get the fuck out of here if this is how you think.

Not really large enough to be called a megazord but yes.
I feel it might be an apology for that zord fakeout in tec.

Well the evil Bats have him now. Grail will probably come for him like Batman said. So we will see him more. At least I hope. Babysied is the best thing in this event so far.

>batmanium

Truly, this is the power of Detective Comics Comics.

Classic Bat-writing. Absurdity of narrative faced with ridicule? Just claim it's part and parcel to the inherent frivolousness of the concept and homage to the silver age.

bitch, Batman whips a Baby Darkseid out of his utility belt, and plans to remove Baby Darkseid's anti-Omega goggles to blast himself back to the past to stop the Big Bad from ever exsting. Pretending the absurdity is anything but intentional at this point is being willfully obtuse

>the Swamp Thing and Elmer Fudd team-ups are separate from that
The Elmer Fudd one sure but the Swamp Thing issue wasn't separate from that. It gave a great fucking
>big important "realistic" look at the psychology of Batman

I was expecting the pre-Zord robots to form the Bat-metal JL fellows.

Explain to me how Batmanium is silly but the Batmobile is not.

Protip: you can't, because you just want to be mad and make yourself feel like you're super smart and sophisticated.

the psychology bit happened in the last page and was at best tangential to the main story

BRUCEWAYNIUM

wayntanium sounds better to me.

I like the ring of that.

Is it made of minutuarized red suns?

I'm having fun with it. You guys take this shit far to seriously

The fuck are you talking about? The whole issue from the very first page was about parents.

>LMAO JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN

batwaifu

it's a goddamn Silver Age story with Metal Hurlant/2000AD aesthetics, never pretending to be anything else, and you're whining that it's not deep enough

Are we witnessing the 2nd coming of the silver age of comics?

>it's not shitty writing, i-it's the silver age

Oh boy, we're witnessing the birth of a new meme.

Because its a car he made?

Only the Dark Multiverse revolves all around Batman, the DC Multiverse revolves around Darkseid, and the main DC Universe revolves around Hawkman.

That's what Metal is saying, anyways.

OR you're just buttmad that a writer has said "fuck you" to the usual tripe of writing grim, world-changing "serious" events and just went balls-to-the-wall Silver Age lunacy with it because Marvel's "serious" events are floundering and it was time to try something different.

Babyseid is the best part of the whole event

Nah, Snyder is having fun with it, which is just great in my opinion. He sees what is happening with Marvel and their events and understands that shit like "Hydra Cap" only leads to more problems down the road. He does respect Spencer and tried to give Spencer a hand when he was interviewed. He said something along the lines of "give the author some time and maybe it'll turn out good."

Overall Snyder said he wanted some cartoony fun for a event that isn't meant to "shake up the industry". I mean, Damian fucking Wayne had one of the best panels, next to Babysied.

I just hope we get some more stuff like the Transformer stuff. It was neat. Not to mention Snyder Joker will probably be the key to defeating the Darkmultiverse, if Barbatos isn't some kind of Joker himself.

Batman-Who-Laughs is clearly a Joker analogue, though

>KINO!

Are we talking about the same writer who wrote the edgiest Batman events (Death of the Family for one) in memory? Oh boy, and now Marvel is to blame for this one too? We're running through all the memes.

I'm glad Snyder stopped trying to be 2deep4u and is just having fun writing dumb shit.
This might be the first thing written by him I've been enjoying.

It's not kino, SnyderBats is still terrible, and Metal is still just a Silver Age story wearing a 90s suit

>Explain to me how Batmanium is silly but the Batmobile is not.

Because one is a car and the other isn't.

The other is a artificial newly developed metal mockingly named after the hero it was used on.

NGL these last few panels have made me more interested in batman than the last 10 years

say what you will, but this is the first comic I've bought in years.

King seems to be decent at writing anything but Batman.
He wrote the best Looney Tunes crossover and yet he writes a terrible Batman.
He turned Kite-Man into a lovable meme loser and redeemed his existence and yet his Riddler is absolutely atrocious and hated by everyone.

I think he's just better off with smaller stories and characters with less baggage.

SHUT UP POOPYHEAD I WANNA BITCH

he needs to write less "sacred cows," because he likes to basically write an entirely new character with a tenuous connection to previous iterations.

Hence why Vision and Omega Men were well-received, and Batman and Mr. Miracle are not.

Batmanium>>>>>>>>>>>Adamantium

.. just saying

So this it is now officially sequel to Final Crisis?

I had no interest in this until the last pages of Metal #1 leaked. Now I really want to see where this is going

>Yes. The DC Multiverse as a whole revolves around Batman and Batman alone.

But this is TRUE.

Didn't you big 2 fucks liked DC because of "muh meta"? So, it's just another way to incorporate it, admitting the fat that 70% of the universe revolves around Batman.

>and Batman and Mr. Miracle are not.

Are you talking around here or in general? Because both seem to be pretty accepted elsewhere.

post yfw when they say in the comic

>YOU WILL TAKE THE ANTI-MONITOR'S ASTRAL BRAIN AND YOU WILL FIRE IT THROUGH THE CORE OF THE MULTIVERSE, AT THE ROCK OF ETERNITY, AND DESTROY THE DARK MULTIVERSE ONCE AND FOR ALL

Pretty sure its a sequel to Multiversity. Snyder even said so. Or he was being facetious.

here

other places have shit opinions that don't matter

>and the main DC Universe revolves around Hawkman.

...Ha...Hahaha.

Yes, but is it a car?

Wake me when the Bat Crash happens and people get turned off from this shit. Harley too.

There's a bat-point where we have bat-gone too bat-far and we have bat-reached it.

well we've been waiting almost 80 years now so you might be in this for the long haul

let's keep bat-going and see what bat-happens

This shit is why I love comics

bat lets go further and see where it goes.

>actually reading Snyder Batman after Death of the Family
You only have yourself to blame OP, you're like one of those X-fags that read through Bendis' run and then complained about it. It's written by a shit writer, you should expect it to be shit.

It's a sequel to a lot of events.

I can't wait for babyseid to be the last boss of Mr. Miracle.

It's all a bunch of overreacting. Superman has the much bigger story starting in a few months. Sup Forums losses it's shit whenever DC has Batman be the center of attention

is Doomsday Clock even a crossover event? I thought it was just a miniseries.

I'm not really a DC guy (long-since lapsed reader) but I've been getting back into it since Rebirth.

The Rebirth one-shot was amazing, and I could follow it completely, and it left me wanting more.

Dark Days: Metal left me confused, puzzled, and generally feeling like I'm supposed to feel impressed but I just don't. Prehistoric tribes and cursed metal and vibrational harmonics and BlackHawkgirl and Mongul Voltron and Dream of the Endless, what the hell? It feels like someone desperately TRYING to hit Morrison Hypercrisis moments but without his talent.

Is it just because I haven't been following the past few years closely? Or has this actually been as underwhelming to DCfriends as it's been to me?

Does it have to be a crossover to be important? It's what all of Rebirth has been leading to

No, it's pretty underwhelming. It's like Snyder is trying really hard to make a big action movie bash, but with Morrison Moments to make comic nerds hyped as well as casuals revelling in the batwank.

It's not too good, but not harmful.

>It's not too good, but not harmful.
yeah because they can just reboot the universe again in 2 years so nothing matters

this is the only way to approach dc comics atm

Welcome to pretty much everything Snyder's done with Bruce since New 52.

It's been a long time since the first press-release, but I think they said it was just going to be a single event with no tie-ins.

>not Nanananananium

Missed potential

DC has rebooted twice in a span of 80 years, you nigger

well that's nice

you know what i mean. they aint stopping at rebirth