Hard to believe this little placard caused the complete and total downfall of CN

Hard to believe this little placard caused the complete and total downfall of CN.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic
youtube.com/watch?v=yji5VcZicUc
youtube.com/watch?v=NBtRmuiN9IE
denverpost.com/2010/12/01/toy-robot-detours-traffic-near-coors-field/
hilobrow.com/2017/07/04/illicit-objects-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People on the East don't watch AS
More of a Midwest and South thing

IT'S A BOMB

>Hard to believe this little placard caused the complete and total downfall of CN.

Explain how, I remember that day but I didn't follow the consequences.

I think it was more of a generational thing. Everyone under 35 with an internet connection knew AS was promoting the ATHF movie with light bright boards. No city official knew what the hell it was even depicting until an intern pointed it out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic

It really captures that post 9/11 paranoia and manages to be really funny at the same time.

Old CN exec, Jim Samples, resigned over the bomb scare. Then came in Snyder and CN Real, and the rest is history.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic
The tl;dr
>dumbass bostonites/southies call police thinking mooninites are bombs
>false alarm it was just AS doing a little stunt to promote the ATHF movie
>AS refuses to apologize for the shitstorm they caused
>Jim Samples steps down from and is replaced by Snyder

Oh shit, I always though it had only been a slap on the wrist. Didn't they joke on the AS bumpers about it a few weeks later?

Post-9/11 was a surreal time to be alive. Everyone was tripping over each other to be the most paranoid.

Every time I hear someone talk about how the country is going mad I realize that person is either underage or has the memory of a goldfish.

Why does everyone named Snyder ruin everything they touch?

Serves them right for littering in one of the cleanest American cities. Save that trash for Jew York or Chinkcouver.

How did it cause the downfall, I understand the bomb threat and Jim Samples resigning. But how did either of those things ruin CN

Well now were more poltically divided and at the brink of civil war so were atleast as bad now but for different reasons

HOLY SHIT, OP! You psychopath! You'll destroy us all!

Why are you posting pictures of bombs, I will report you to the police

ironic that they couldn't detect a real bomb years later as sad as that is

t. Never left backbay

Will you SHUT the FUCK UP, you cast of the musical 'Hairspray'!?

youtube.com/watch?v=yji5VcZicUc

Does he regret the decision or is he satisfactorily bitter?

You know, people from Boston like to say "Boston Strong" because of how tough they are, but really they're all a bunch of quivering pussies.

Why does Boston suck ass? I mean nothing good ever comes out of that shit hole. The people are shits holes. Hell their history is a shit hole.

>turn on the local news
>see there's a bomb report
>get a little freaked out
>but then look at the bomb
>think "Isn't that a Mooninite?"
>next day at school, everyone talks about it
>but I'm the only one who knew what ATHF was, so nobody realized what was going on

Everything closes at 12 too wtf

meanwhile in Baltimore

The Bomb episode was the best episode of Aqua Teen
Prove me wrong

oh my GOD ITS A FUCKING BOMB!

Those mother fuckers.

t. cultureless New Yorker

gringos in general seem to be unable to handle late night.

2 different people with that surname both wrote terrible batman stories.

Holy shit murrifats are fucking retards.

Why would people think bomb when they see a moonite?

>After the devices were removed, the Boston Police Department stated in their defense that the ad devices shared "some characteristics with improvised explosive devices," which they said included an "identifiable power source, a circuit board with exposed wiring, and electrical tape."

basically theyre morons who assumed that something they cant identify is dangerous.
you gotta remember how scared everybody in major american cities was.
everyone thought their city would be the next ground zero.

I always thought it was dumb CN didn't just outright deny they had anything to do with this. This could very likely have been a prank pulled by some dumb ass teenager, but yes, let's admit to career ending scandals instead

Oh wow.

Back Bay looks REALLY nice tho

>basically theyre morons who assumed that something they cant identify is dangerous.
I can tell you've never worked in a crowded building or important area.

Last year someone called the bomb squad in because they found an unidentified bag with a tin box in it at the building I used to work at.

they wouldve been found out and it wouldve been an even bigger scandal

potentially ending CN

copping to your shenanigans and making your CEO step down is the american way

Because they paid guys to put the Mooninite stuff there, and those guys would probably get mad if CN tried to place to blame on them. CN would just get into more trouble if they pretended they didn't do anything.

And then no one caught the real bomb years later even though they had the bombers in their system. How sad.

>There are people who actually believe this

Yeah yeah, we're gonna have another Civil War and Holocaust 2: Electric Boogaloo is coming summer 2018.

you proved my point user

i guess im assuming youre talking about an event in the US though
are you?

Are you fucking 5? Even children know that if you're caught red-handed denying you did something wrong will just dig you into a deeper hole.

They paid people specifically to do this, with paper work and everything. Can you imagine how much worse it would have been if CN just flat out denied doing this?

>People on the East don't watch AS
Where in the east? Because I live in New England and most people I know watch at least some Adult Swim. Fuck, I had an english professor in college who used to rant about how much she loves Squidbillies.

>Northeastern liberals gushing over that callously offensive depiction of Georgian redneckitude

the NERVE

You can't punch a bomb. Can't shoot at it neither

wow that was savage

Is that a challenge? Cuz I've drop-kicked some fireworks, I'm pretty sure I can punch a fucking bomb.

do it I believe in you

Allston is affectionately named "Rat City". Sommerville, "Slummerville". It aint all beacon hill.

It's just Boston. Everybody who works for their police department, and probably the DA, were or are morons.

Wow is Allston really rough? I thought being close to Hahvahd and Boston U meant it was full of college hippies

I saw Boston's police commissioner on the tv and i legit couldn't tell for a few seconds if he wasnt just some bum dragged off the street
It cant just be the civilian clothes either
He could be a nice guy for all i know..

Can you imagine this fuck responding to this controversy?
youtube.com/watch?v=NBtRmuiN9IE

The guy who came in after Jim Samples was the one who decided cartoons weren't going to sell anymore and tried converting the channel to a live action kid's network like Disney Channel. It took years to recover from that mess.

That was hardly his worst crime.

But wasn't it going downhill before this happened?

By 2005-2006, creators like Genndy and the Megas XLr guys left, because the excess didn't want them there anymore. And what we got in place of great cancelled shows like Samurai Jack and Megas XLR was total and utter like Squirrel Boy, My Gym Partner is a Monkey and Camp Lazlo. This was BEFORE the 2007 bomb scare

One of the perks of growing up in the Rust Belt was knowing that the terrorists would never bother your formerly relevant skeleton of a city. There was, of course, the random gunfire, the muggings, the drive by gunfire, the roads collapsing due to the decrepit sewer system, the drive by muggings, and the vehicular homicide. But that stuff isn't scary, because it's not done by terrorists.

No. Americans are just that paranoid.
denverpost.com/2010/12/01/toy-robot-detours-traffic-near-coors-field/

Someone tell me about snyder. I didnt browse the internet like i do now at that time and was no where near this shithole site. Is it like the hate the bitch in charge now is getting? All i know is he started CN real which is reason enough to hate him.

>Boston
>clean
shit. Even Backbay is a mess.
and dont even start with the T

>Allston

The only Civil War USA is on the brink of is another shitty Marvel event.

>not liking Squirrel Boy, MGPAM, and Camp Lazlo
shit tastes confirmed
found the nostalgia loser

>college kids
>clean

also, saw this in allston

>I saw Boston's police commissioner on the tv and i legit couldn't tell for a few seconds if he wasnt just some bum dragged off the street
Oh yeah. Old skinny Slim McMethhead.

coooooooooooooooool

also this is typical housing there

want some vintage clothes and vinyl?

Looks comfy

>HIDE
perfect

>living in poverty
>comfy

and you should see Christmas in Allston

Holy shit someone else in Allston.

I mean have you seen some parts of Cleveland? New York? Los Angeles? Hell all of DETROIT? Some artistic graffiti and some college faggots dumping their shit on the sidewalk on trash day at the end of the semester isn't exactly the worst urban blight you could show me.

You could probably find some places in Dorcester or Roxbury that look worse than that year round.

If we do it again will that get rid of Teen Titans Go?

well... I used to be. sometimes I visit friends there.

GO SOX!

fukkin nice

holee sheit how'd you get one if the boston PD took all of them?

They didnt getall of them. Sadly not mine. Just a pic I saved when it happened.

hilobrow.com/2017/07/04/illicit-objects-4/
They didn't get them all.

That rug really ties the room together. Too bad someone peed on it.

>I suffer in allston or sommerville
I'm from murderpan. even there is getting gentrified so now I have to go to fucking brockton
all those college kids living on daddies dimes makes the place look like shit and rent soar

I find it hard to believe that NOBODY knew what a fucking lite bright was AND nobody at Adult swim which is based in the same building as CNN could have just walked over and told them what was going on to settle the matter after a few minutes had gone by.

It was funny to see the "bomb makers" get arrested and they looked like the most stereotypical potheads out there.

I remember six years ago, starting school in a suburb of Boston with an ATHF lunchbox, thinking I could trigger some of the students. They recognized the show but didn't remember the bomb incident.

>tfw no Sup Forums boston meetup
At the very least I could use a Sup Forums roommate.

>Hongcouver
>American

You really don't want that as much as you think

Yes, I do. I will always consider Sup Forums to be my homeboard, but I'm also a robot.

>wanting a rommate who'll steal your good comics

>implying I have good comics to steal

That one is here to stay.

What the fuck were they thinking?

I live in Georgia, a good number of people I know love squidbillies
Others can't watch it cause it hits too close to home

Ayy

Hard to believe a little chart caused the complete and total downfall of the economy.

Hard to believe this little website caused the complete and total downfall of cartoons and by proxy CN.

and the Disney channel. Disney fell for the Tumblr meme really badly.