Doctor Aphra #12 (Sep 13)
Star Wars #36 (Sep 13)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-criticism-jj-abrams-rip-off/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What? We appreciate him! Just look at the size of this sandwich we all chipped in and bought him!

I almost had a mini panic attack.
For a split-second I thought this was a new photo from Episode IX and they're back on another desert planet

user...
It's a ROTJ remake
do you remember what happens at the beginning of rotj

So a lot of people that liked TFA said they will not like or defend TLJ or episode 9 if they are rehashes

How many do you guys think will keep to their word

If the rehashed plot points and old themes keep happening sooner or later normies are going to catch on, then there is going to be a great decoupling of Star Wars from popular culture.

It's just like the Transformers movies. Bayformers would make billions of dollars because normies saw the movies no matter how bad they were. Until, one day, they didn't, and now the franchise is on life support.

I for one am glad he's back. The autism was starting to die down around here.

My ultra normie parents noticed it was a rehash walking out of the theatre

I am sure normies have noticed, it's just waiting until they get frustrated with it

Fuck off JJ,

I'll kill you.

>Yes. I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father.
>That reminds me. Luke, did I ever tell you that in George Lucas's original notes for the prequels, which he changed later on...

>The Clone Wars took place ~35-40 years ago rather than 19-22
>Sheev was the "President of the Senate" rather than "Supreme Chancellor", and would play the role of the ineffectual figurehead for the truly powerful elites
>The Clone Wars occurred *before* Sheev's presidency, and were one of the failings of the Old Republic that swept him into power on a reformist agenda, turning the Republic into an Empire.
>The Jedi Purge/Anakin's turn to the dark side was meant to occur some time after the Clone wars, not immediately after, with Sheev having lured people into a false sense of peace and security before starting to kill off the Jedi.
>Your mom died when Leia was around 4 years old rather than a few seconds old, hence why she would remember her vaguely.
>The Jedi were supposed to be extinct for considerably more than 19 years. Originally Han and the young Imperial officer would refer to the Force/Jedi as "sorcery" or "myth" because they were too young to remember us, but now that the prequels timeline makes it so Han was 10 when we died, he should vividly remember us.
>The Republic fought *against* an army of unstable genetically-altered clones, led by the "Clone Masters", rather than fighting *alongside* a Maori clone army
>Your father was taken into the Jedi Order at around age ~15, rather than age 9, and his training would've occurred closer to the onset of the Clone Wars
>I was meant to be 70 when I died and your father would be 55, but thanks to George's new prequels timeline, I'm 57 when I died and your father was 45, even though no other 45 y/o in the universe looks as ancient as Sebastian fucking Shaw.
>Boba Fett was supposed to be a journeyman protector named "Jaster Mereel", rather than a clone of his "dad" Jango.

>they have to go back to Jakku to rescue Finn from Unkar, who has him frozen in carbonite
Or maybe it's Poe, I don't even know anymore

I miss him so much

Of course there will be more sand. Didn't you know that Rey has to travel back to Jakku and infiltrate Unkar Plutt's palace to rescue Finn who is currently wearing a skimpy slave outfit? She gets captured but don't worry she's a strong independent woman and that was all part of her plan so that when Unkar takes them all to a sand pit filled with rathtars Rey walks the plank, then at the last moment springboards off of it, up into space, come on and slam and welcome to the jam, grabs the Starkiller Base II and Jedi dunks it on top of Unkar's fat head to save the entire galaxy.

I'd take a dozen AOTC over ANOTHER OT rehash

>you will never be bullied and forcefully used for breeding by Nightsister qt sticclets
It is not fair anons.

>Colin was terrible Disney knows what they are doing by firing him

But what about the fact that they fucking hired him in the first place?

Shh, it's okay, Leia. Daddy is here.

Fucking witches man.

>we will never have light side vader

no the fucking comics where he comes back as a ghost with a white suit doesn't count

Let's be honest, few of us had confidence in Trevorrow. He was hired solely because Jurassic World made a ton of money, but he's nowhere near experienced enough to handle Star Wars, let alone the closing chapter of a trilogy.

Of course, the solution we got may be worse.

Come to think of it JW might be the only movie he has made that most people liked and made money

Literally every normie site has been ripping this announcement to shreds. Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, the works. Not just on random meme pages, but on the official social media posts. Once you get to major meme pages and blogs it's a fucking madhouse. Even on Reddit, a site designed to enforce positivity and conformity, shills are in full damn damage control mode.

It's already fucking happened. Did you forget that South Park, a long running prime time show, devoted an entire season long running gag to "yeah, but fuck this reboot shit for real"?

Cool.

As someone who used to go to Reddit, I can say them hating JJ after a while is normal

They have a circejerk, and then a few months later they have a subsequent circlejerk in the other direction. Every major movie release had that happen

But everywhere else, that's surprising, can I get a link to that shit

If they ever made a movie with clones again... and say Rex was in it...whose voice would they use?

TFA certainly faced plenty of criticism as a rehash, not that that hurt it at the box office in any meaningful way (which is ultimately what Disney cares about). Feels like last thread nearly discussed this topic to death, but for what it's worth it was enough that JJ responded to the critics where he admits that it was a rehash but they totally did it on purpose because, you know, sometimes to go forwards you have to go backwards.

collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-criticism-jj-abrams-rip-off/

Morisson unless they just make a cgi Morrison in which case baker can voice it

Just check the official facebook and twitter pages. Even on fucking facebook the first four top comments are shitposts before you get one JJDF poster, then it's a mixed bag of more defensive posters and people mocking the decision. And that's facebook, where you need your real name and face to call J.J. a fag where everyone can see. Once you get into the second and third tier groups it becomes steadily more negative. Some of those pages have tens of thousands of people on them and they're absolutley shitting on it.

>Going backwards is going forwards, from a certain point of view.

They noticed, but they still defend it and love it

as long as they do JJ will continue to do this, it's his entire career at this point

>They have a circejerk, and then a few months later they have a subsequent circlejerk in the other direction. Every major movie release had that happen
Funnily enough that also describes this place.

Supposedly he was going to stop working on these big franchises and go back to doing original work.

Guess he found out that he didn't really have an original thought in his head. Or maybe he really needed another check from Disney? I don't know.

Oh yeah, because we're all about agreeing with each other all the time.

Post YFW JJ was announced as director

wrong image, sorry

This is the image you were looking for. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

>outright plagiarism is ok because it allows us to move forward and then plagiarize TESB and RotJ too

I don't have many Star Wars reaction images.

I'm glad we didn't get any of that, wouldn't trade The Clone Wars for any of it

My brother was 8 when TFA came out (there is a huge age gap between us) and even he was able to predict what was going to happen next based on what happened in ANH due to it being a rehash. I got a lot of "I knew it!"s from him in the theatre

Normies already have caught on. Just look at the endless facebook and youtube comments about how TLJ looking too similar to ESB. And TLJ is supposed to be the good one!

If JJ tries to rehash the OT anymore than he did with TFA, the normies WILL be vocal about it. The rose tinted goggles of nostalgia are broken now, they're going to get bored fast unless they see new shit.

Even the cookie cutter MCU has tried to break the status quo in its past couple flicks because normies are getting tired of seeing the same shit.

I wouldn't care if it was a rehash if it was done well and with no Mary Sue and more explanation for things like the FO and Resistance/NR.

There's also so many odd things with the characters and how they behave and respond to events.

No it doesn't, this place is in constant debates.

And regarding the movies, /swco/ has actually been very consistent in its criticism of TFA, and praise of Rogue One.

So your post literally couldn't be further from the truth.

>Homecoming breaks a lot of the usual conventions of marvel films
>doesn't so well in the box office

it hurts

Well they have to be different, AND not suck ass.

Honestly though, in the case of Homecoming, blame ASM. Normies got reboot fatigue hard, and the "Spidey is in the MCU now!" hype had already burned away since Civil War.

Hey guys, I hear you love Krennic memes.

My thoughts pre and post 2015

Pre 2015:
>Oh boy my favorite franchises Jurassic Park and Star Wars are being brought back!

Post 2015:
>I wish they would have just stayed dead

>tfw our only hope now is that TLJ ends up in a place so utterly different to Empire's ending that JJ can't possibly do a lukewarm reheat of ROTJ.

No pressure, Rian.

>he tries
>Kathleen fucking kills him and replaces him and has reshoots

It's difficult to say for sure where this ultra risk-averse attitude is coming from, but if it's coming from Kathleen, right at the top, I feel like nothing short of a palace coup will save the saga films.

Chelli 4cute6me.

This one feels more apt right now.

I'm sure there's going to be a cliffhanger which will lead to our heroes (Rey and/or Kylo) having to confront Snoke at the end of 9.

They've literally wrote themselves into it, no matter if they gave no backstory. The conclusion is the end of ROTJ.

It pretty much assured me that this trilogy is going to be completely horrible.

TLJ might be good.

Who pulled the witch hat-look off better /swco/?

@PrequelMemesBot
Is it an actual bot that spits out memes, or is it a real human bean? I'm going to be disappointed with the latter.

I can't wait until TLJ turns out to be decent and Episode 9 will be so much weaker in comparison.

Just like the other sagas

SHE'S SO HOT

I had just gotten home when my friend texted me and asked if I was hyped for JJ. I didn't believe him first but then I saw the articles.
It still feels pretty unreal to me, that after 2 years of shitposting about JJ being a hack and a big chunk of people coming to their senses after R1 realizing TFA being the shite it is, they still re-hired JJ to do ANOTHER Trilogy movie.
It just doesn't make much sense to me.

I think it's an actual bot, but it just steals top posts from the prequelmemes subreddit and reposts them on twitter

/ss/ did, of course. Especially what with the obvious Wicked Witch of The West look they were aiming for.

This.

Either Lucasfilm's gone full retard, or they've learned from their mistakes with JJ and they're gonna keep him under strict supervision and will not let him take as much creative liberties as he did and keep what he puts out in-fucking-line with George's vision.

I'm out of Twi'lek reaction images.

Krennic memes.

They better have learned. If they let JJ run havoc with one more movie I'm going to lose complete faith in Lucasfilm and their competence.

here I come to steal your girl

Oh, how very disappointing.

Doesn't look like it. He's co-writing it and Bad Robot are coming back. To me it sounded like Lucasfilm were either desperate or JJ's work on the setup made it hard for everyone and Colin Trevorrow to give a satisfying ending that they had to get JJ back to clean up his own mess.

>Leia will always hate Anakin and will never be open to talking to him

Fuck, I hated this in the EU and it looks like nu-canon is going the same direction.

Hmm, I wonder why that might be.

>TFW I remember has happy and satisfied I was at the end of ROTJ
>now not only is the happy ending gone we, know that the ending of the ST will never be nearly as satisfying

sequels ending will be a cliffhanger

you mean mystery box

Well I know why. It's because she inherited her father's anger and frustration, combined with the fact he stood idly by while Alderaan was destroyed. But Anakin and her are so much a like. I have no doubt that if she had been open to the force early one, she would be JUST like Anakin. So it's kinda sad to just see her be like "fuck you".

She forgave him enough in the EU that she named one of her sons after him.

Or maybe, just maybe, that's because she knew him all her life as a murderer and a tool of the Emperor, and she met him twice, the first time he was torturing her and destroyed her planet, the second time he tortured Han.

Anakin sure knows how to raise kids

>It just doesn't make much sense to me.
How many directors has Kennedy & Co scared off? At this point, thanks to all the micromanagement from Disney Execs and Lucasfilm, who in their right mind would want to touch this franchise?

No one hopefully. I want KK's over-managing to have consequences.

Feels good man

fuck that he just remade a new hope with a chick with no personality and a black guy
at least Lucas tried to expand the world and the lore
Lucas did nothing wrong

A+ user, made me chuckle

I miss them

The EU properly fucked them all over. Feels bad, they were cool kids.

So I just started watching rebels, everyone kept talking about it so I figured why not. Pretty good actually, a little to much in the way of reusing TCW assets. It's uncanny that the animation can be so good and pretty lacking at the same time.
I watched the Old man Rex episode, I liked it, but, a scene from Jaws? I like it and kinda don't like it at the same time.

nice shot of Sabine's ass there

They're retired and having fun, they deserve it after everything they went through in TCW

>umbara and fives arc

rex has been through some shit

She kinda forgave him in the EU after she learned what he went though

Rebels takes its tonal cues from the OT, with some minor influences from TCW. It's mostly good fun and pulpy adventure, but when shit gets serious, it gets SERIOUS.

Keep watching, the second half of S2 is incredible, the tone shifts to a more Empire Strikes Back feel, and Season 3 maintains that.

Trust us when we say that it only gets better. I had the exact same feelings you're having about it at that point in the series, liking some ideas, but being underwhelmed by others. The Lost Commanders was especially "eh" to me, because I was expecting it to me much more serious than it was, but Rex gets some great moments later on, so don't worry about that.

Going back and rewatching the earlier episodes, with the mindset that Rebels isn't supposed to be TCW, but more of a high adventure saturday morning cartoon in the veins of the OT, really made it much more enjoyable, and I actually enjoy having two separate series with their own tone and feel now.

>Thought TFA was repulsive
>give nucanon a chance because JJ left
>waste time reading average books and comics
>it's gonna be great, it's gonna be great
>JJ comes back

I'm starting to sympathize with billboard EUtists. Really don't give less of a fuck about nu-canon now with JJ wrapping up this shitfest of a remake trilogy.

>implying the ST/IX is the only thing that matters in Canon
There's so much more to enjoy, dont let two bad movies by a shitty director bring you down.

Don't go the way of the EUtist. Only suffering, will that bring.