What was the message in the end? That he needs to change his lifestyle...

What was the message in the end? That he needs to change his lifestyle, go to college and gain new qualifications if he ever wants to get a new job as the job market always changes, and you should be responsible for keeping up with the change?

THEY

TOOK

OUR

JERBS

We did it reddit!

No worries, tumblr. Anything to make you smile :)

DERK ER DER

Or a trade school.

The moral of the story was that he just wanted to renovate his house but couldnt and didnt want to listen to Randy talk about renovating houses.

I it's that even though a immigration has been scene as a real issue, it's still machines that are taking most of our jerbs.

I felt a lot of this was confusing myself, like they were afraid to really dig in deep cause they don't wan't to get too political... but I still don't want them to get too political.

I have been thinking about the whole immigration problem for a while, and while they do take jobs, it's usually not the ones the working class complain about losing. While the immigrants usually work on farms, the working class are talking about factory and coal mining jobs. Jobs that are bing lost because of automation and outsourcing (factory jobs) or becoming obsolete and being incredibly unhealthy (coal mining). Putting a ban on immigration will not stop those kind of jobs from disappearing.

I feel bad for these people, but if they really want to succeed in an evolving market they need to be retrained for other more relevant jobs. The only real options for these people are that it becoming welfare queens

I'm not dissing anyone and think immigration is a problem, but to think that stopping immigration will bring all the jobs you want back is just plain wrong

The problem has never been menial jobs. As shown in the episode, these are easily automatable, and are automated because they're degrading. They were trying to segue into mexicans and other shit but it's just not compatible. Look at japan and how they're almost completely immigrant free (except for some weeaboos from the west), and how they mamaged to become a superpower in manufacturing, without much labor of their own compared to the rest of asia.
That's not to say you can't brute force with pure labor, but to do that you need an extremely low exchange rate and a low efficiency/productivity to begin with in order for the economics to work, both of which china has and the US doesn't. Also, china has a homogeneous racial demographic, and the government is actively ostracizing any fringe religious/traditional groups within the country itself.

Well, first of all, getting angry at immigrants and black people because you don't have a job is stupid because they aren't the reason you don't have a job, they're just an easy scapegoat that dumb people are pre-disposed to buy into.
Second of all, you aren't entitled to a job. If you don't have any real skills, you shouldn't expect to get what you want, you need to work for it.
And finally, change is inevitable, you need to adpat to change and work hard instead of whining and trying to make things the way they used to.
Also, waving confederate flags isn't gonna get you any symapthy from anyone.

As somebody who recently got into those HGTV renovating shows last year, I was really looking forward to this episode like they did with Randy and the celebrity cooking shows. And then it got hijacked by political bullshit and the plot line went nowhere. Episode should've been about Randy competing with south park versions of the home renovating reality show hosts in an attempt to buy and flip the best house but things go to weird shit in traditional South Park fashion

doot doot

No matter what problems there are, you can always count on white people to fix em

the way they resolved his problems with a home makeover made me think they don't have an answer for it and offered something silly instead

What jobs are Dreamers taking?

that there was a place in the new america for everyone
but is there really?

how about programmers being fired and replaced by outsurcing work to india?

>neet
>want to get a job
>buy newspaper, open the job offers section
>all the adds are asking for women only
>go around the Neighbourhood looking for signs on th windows
>all the signs are also looking for women only unless its an add for a delivery booy but i dont own a bike or have a driving license
>could try to learn something or ge some certification but i have anxiety and im afraid of the people there judging me to the point i drop out a week after i try something like that
>tried therapy so many times but they dont even understad what im talking about and cant offer me any solution or any way of getting past it
>they tried to drug me and i dont even want to talk about that
honestly i would take a factory job or work at a mine now or cleaning or gardening or working at a farm, or a kitchen or a warehouse im just rottiing away infront of a screen

>implying code monkeys are people with real human feelings and needs

I'm a sys admin. I got laid off last week.

Not only did my company replace me with three Indian's based in Mumbai who combined are cheaper than me, they made me train them before they got rid of me.

There really wasn't a message, just a bunch of bait and switches
>It's going to be about racists hating minorities
>Nope it's about them hating automation
>Oh hey Daryll went off in a rant about hating minorities, Randy is going g to set him straight
>Nope turns out there was no metaphorical wall Daryll put up, he literally has a wall he can't take down

>hahaha white people are so stupid, thank you based trey and matt
>w-wait why did Trump get a second term...?

Illegal workers do fuck over honestly renovators though. Well unless you're the manager

first they came for the coal miners but i did not listen for i was not a coal miner

>and black people
I don't think anybody is accusing blacks of stealing jobs.
It's pretty much the only thing they don't steal.

Also when people complain about immigrants stealing jobs they aren't talking about immigrants being more skilled then them they are talking about companies laying off their workers and hiring undocumented immigrants for pennies , no amount of certs or experience is going to make you able to compete with someone working for slave wages.

>but i dont own a bike or have a driving license
So get one.
> but i have anxiety and im afraid of the people there judging me to the point i drop out a week after i try something like that
Get over it and get a job.

do you want more black characters in south park to make fun of?

No shit. Outsourcing was the real problem. Why do you think Trump was elected? because he said he would tax the companies more for that.

>So get one
with what money?
>you have internet
paid by my parents
>you have a computer
its not mine its my parents
>sell something else
i dont own anything that anyone would buy except for my bed
>get over anxiety
i tried and i cant
the way you think it works is that i go there, find out is not as bad as i think it is and i keep going and working until its gone
the way it really works is that im even more afraid tto go back there a second time than i was to show up on the first place
if it only gets worse and the anxiety and fear grows then i cant get over it

Outsourcing is the elephant in the room everybody refuses to address

The reason Americans (not just whites) don't want to work on farms is because the wages are low. The reason the wages are low is because of immigrants are ready to work for nothing.
Immigration harm the local working class while benefiting the rich.

No, I've never bought that shit because I am not a leftist idiot.

then you should have spoken out about it
now its too late

You're a fuckhead.

>Globalization encourages outsourcing in order to minimize labor costs
>Labor wages are channeled out of the country
>Savings are naturally passed upwards towards executives
>Somehow this is supposed to benefit the now jobless working class

Is globalization just the Left version of trickle-down economics?

This
>LOL THEY TAKE THE JOBS NOBODY WANTS!
No they take the jobs uneducated people and teenagers should be doing and do them for 50 cents an hour and then call white people lazy and entitled for not working for those wages

There is no difference

im sorry but thats the truth
you where too afriad to say something bcause you didnt want to lose your job
and then you lost your job anyways
and there is some guy who could have said something about that but didnt because he didnt want to lose his job
guess who is next
thats just reality, when you let them replace other people you are also letting them replace you, you thought that you where above it so better keep quiet but nobody is above it and veryone is going to end up like this because when you are not rich or poor you are a target

You're a fuckhead and a cunt. You know nothing about me you piece of shit.

scream all you want but you are taking your anger out in the wrong person
i didnt fire you, im not one of those indians working for peanuts
wouldnt you rather do something about it than sitting infront of your computer all day in your underwear drinking beer and cursing people?

All of your problems are your own. Either fight through your anxiety or actually take the medication that's prescribed to you.

Seriously, what kind of fucking idiot goes to a therapist and says "they tried to drug me" like it's a bad thing? Either your anxiety is all in your head and you can work through it on your own, or you can't because it's caused by a chemical imbalance and you do in fact need medication to get through it. You can't have it both ways.

No, you're the right person.

I am the one who did speak up. This is why I was targetted first.

You can go fuck your grandmother you 12-year-old virgin retard.

then you have to keep speaking, make it clear that they cant shut you up by taking your job away
otherwise they are right and they won, a little bit of slander and corporate pressure is all it takes to take you down
what else do you have to lose now? are they going to beat you up and throw you into a dungeon for speaking?

that medication made me fat, made me stupid, made me tired all the time
it actually pushed me to suicide
medication int magic pills to make the ugly go away, its just random shit that generates a reaction in the brain and big pharma turned into a pill because they can sell it and get away with it
>try another one
i did
>try another one then
i did too
i spent years on that ride, at least now im not taking part on it, i was never so miserable in my life as i was taking those pills

Then I guess you better buck up and start getting over it.

well then guess you are fucked
you got any plans for killing yourself once your parents are gone?

im actually going to get all their money and stuff when they dieso it wont be an issue for a long time

and once the money its gone?
you have never taken care of yourself, do you even know how to manage a house?
have any idea how expensive your lifestyle is at least?
what will you do when something breaks down and you need to deal with a plumber or other strangers? does anxiety prevents that too?

>Second of all, you aren't entitled to a job. If you don't have any real skills, you shouldn't expect to get what you want, you need to work for it.
Governments arn't entitled to a placid populace either. If they want to make us work for 3rd world wages and cripple our voting power with 3rd demographic replacement they can damn well expect a 3rd world rate of civil unrest, criminal activity, and revolutionary sentiment. Waving a Confederate flag is primarily a threat of rebellion, turns out Americans have the right to threaten that.

>first they came for the coal miners but i did not listen for i was not a coal miner
The coal mining jobs are being more than offset by the solar and wind jobs. Factually, go look it up.

Coal mining is heavily automated now by necessity, it hasn't been a massive employer in ages.

>you have never taken care of yourself
i dont
>do you even know how to manage a house?
i live alone
>have any idea how expensive your lifestyle is at least?
i do
>what will you do when something breaks down and you need to deal with a plumber or other strangers?
im not afraid of strangers, especially strangers in my home
its when im outside in some place with lots of them that i begin to panic so much that i cant take it, when i tried higher education i just felt that i didnt belong there that i wasnt good enough, that someone else should have my place that it was obvious for everyone that i shouldnt be there, that i was never going to achieve anything and that i failed before i stepped into the room and it got worse and worse, i almost caused a fire because i left a pot on the stove for two days without notticing it beccause i was too busy freaking out and feeling like shit
im not as good as everyone else, im never going to be able to compete with them, im just a good for nothing neet that could very well still be a little kid because there are kids out there that are better than me at everything, how am suppossed to fix that? its too late, i regret living my life, i wish it didnt happen, i have to put up with 2/3 of it more and then at least i get to die

This. Minimum wage has its benefits and negatives but for this sort of work, especially seasonal farm work, I feel like it should be lower to discourage use of imported cheap immigrant labour. We see it here in the UK, you've got camps, basically company towns where Eastern Europeans are technically paid minimum wage, but in reality are paid much much less while having very poor accommodation and food provided for them taken out of their salary, and can only spend part of their pay in commissaries and such. Prior to this, you'd have people in the cities and such going out to the countryside in summer and autumn working the land before heading back; typically part time workers, teenagers, etc.

>as the job market always changes, and you should be responsible for keeping up with the change?
That part's true

You need to go wave your delightful little battle flag in front of Corporate Headquarters, not the local city park, friendo.

You'd be protesting the people who actually stole your prosperity, but then you'd be anti-Free Market. What a conundrum!

That's not free market, it's globalist corporatism.

And isn't it just swell how those seem to go hand-in-hand in America?
You wouldn't want to tie our hands with nasty government oversight as to where we build what, or who we pay taxes to would you?

Why, we are the guy who create those jobs! (somewhere).

I was too distracted by the absolute shitjob audio mixing of this episode

Guess what, that's the logical endgame of unregulated markets that only care about profit. In a truly free market, the government does nothing, therefore corporations are free to screw whoever they want and have no reason to even pretend to care about workers.

>they don't have an answer for it and offered something silly instead
Isn't that typical SP though? They don't have the answers, they just make fun of it?

>Waving a Confederate flag is primarily a threat of rebellion
I thought it was supposed to be about pride in your heritage? Keep your talking points straight.

Sure, he's being a shithead by rubbing it in, but...

He's right, the person you should be angry at is yourself and the company. The company for doing this to you. Yourself for not booby trapping your system, setting up obstructive scripts, or at the very least not refusing to train your fucking outsourced replacements once it was clear what was happening.

I understand you are angry, outraged even, but we can't help or hurt you here, only shitpost about it.

>oh no goverment is too big so now corporations are buying their way into it with lobby
>better vote for a bigger goverment to stop that
being a libertarian is suffering

It's easier to blame negroes and beaners for gutting the country's blue collar manufacturing base (somehow).

Also, when you go all Charlotte on Big Industry, they don't fuck around. Hundred or so years ago, Labor found this out, they call out the Goon Squad, the local and State police, and try to fuck you up real bad.

'Course in the end Labor got a decent living wage and working conditions out of it, but it was a harder struggle than larping as Colonel Klink.

I'm having trouble figuring this out, because it just seemed so blatant what they were trying to say that it's hard to find an underlying meaning. It really looks like they spent 24 minutes yelling at a bunch of dumb hicks that they're obsolete dumb hicks. There was no big twist, no subtle jab, it was just "these racist protestors are just pissed off they're obsolete now!"

In their mind, the moral is that everyone needs to start going to college and everything will be okay. Nevermind that the JERB market for graduating college students sucks, and that automation is really going to come after pretty much everyone at some point. It's treated as inevitable, but why? Why does it have to be inevitable? What efficiency is gained when no one can afford to buy anything, even if the lack of workers gives you an extra 10 cents off for a bottle of orange juice? That's the inevitable, millions out of a livelihood so a select few can enjoy stuff that is 10 cents cheaper. I can never understand why all of these people are cheering for us to be obsolete, like they think the world is going to somehow magically become better when they don't have to work. You think those automating corporations are going to spread the wealth, when the whole point of automation is getting rid of expensive employees in the name of efficiency. So naive.

They completely missed the mark with the protestors, too. Definitely not a radical centrist approach, where they call out everyone for being idiots and make both sides look the same. Having a bunch of fat neckbeard LARPs wearing swastikas and black face masks fighting one another over something that ended up being a different interpretation of the same thing would've been the way to go. Of course, you'd need to end it with Caitlin Jenner driving through the crowd.

For those who are going to say I'm butthurt, I went back and watched "Goobacks" (S8E7) to see if I still found that funny, and I laughed. A lot.

>Government has ever been to big for Big Business to influence easily.

Suffering a lack of oxygen to the brain, amiright?

To be fair, it is possible to overcome that shit without drugs too, was offered em as a kid, declined since i was allowed to make the choice myself, and the side effects are much MUCH worse then "advertised" and can even make shit spiral down harder, declining the "get well" pill is very much a justified choice.

Unlike user up there i spent my NEETdom in Cocoon mode though and ended up moving out once i did get a job, the main difference is mentality, user seems to have given up while i was in continual state of self improvement because "OH GOD I DON'T WANNA BE LIKE CWC!"

Being a Libertarian involves a miraculous lack of historical context.

A symbol means many things to many people.

Americans are a rebellious people, being proud to be an American, means on some level, being proud of being the descent of rebels. Confederates were just double rebels.

college enrollment slots, scholarship and grant money from qualified american citizens, mostly.

>replying you dont know enough about history without pinpoiting a specific time and place
i guess nobody knows enough about history following those stabdards

You're confusing Dreamers with Chad McLargecock and the College Football Industry.

The lobbyists can't control everything the government does, otherwise there would be no regulations and taxes on the rich would be 0. Lobbyists can push and prod some politicians, but at the end of the day politicians still have to answer to their voters so they have to do things that the lobbyists don't like. Also, some people in government genuinely do want to regulate and stop the corporations for ideological reasons, they're the people that the Republicans hate the most.

>If you don't have any real skills, you shouldn't expect to get what you want, you need to work for it.
I agree, we should end welfare and I'm dead fucking serious

why do you hide behind sarcasm?

Hey, at least you can keep pretending that a libertarian state would actually work. Unlike the communists, nobody has ever tried it, and therefore you didn't have to suffer the embarrassment of seeing it fail and then coming up with excuses.

No, I mean you broadly ignore the historical effects of largely unregulated Big Business not only in the US, but across the world.

To be a Libertarian means believing that Smurf Village is a realistic and viable model for a nation.

>To be a Libertarian means believing that Smurf Village is a realistic and viable model for a nation.
Weren't the Smurfs commies? They didn't even have money, and the one time they did everybody there hated it so they abandoned it.

>The lobbyists can't control everything the government does
>otherwise there wouldnt be taxes
how can you tax money that isnt there?
>at the end of the day politicians still have to answer to their voters
no, they answer to the media who is owned by the same corporations pushing for lobby
>some people in government genuinely do want to regulate and stop the corporations
the entire system is designed so nobody like that can ever get any amount of power

selling college foosball is how you fund a university, homeboy.

'dreamers' have zero respect for america (as evidenced by their blatant disregard for your immigration and naturalization laws and process) and seek only to take our resources.

you wanna be an american? great! love to have ya, now take it to the back of the line and wait like everybody else. when you get to the front i got a yankees cap and a hotdog for ya.

Communism and Libertarianism both require exactly the same amount of Innate Human Benevolence to function.

Which is to say, an utterly unrealistic amount of it. You are getting closer to understanding I think.

>these racist protestors are just pissed off they're obsolete now!
>racist protestors
I don't recall them calling them racist. They seemed pretty okay with them being rednecks and waving the confederate flags at the end of the day. Seems to me that you're just projecting onto the obvious bait and switch they pulled by using imagery similar to Charlottsville.
They specifically used that shit and the description of the episode to make it seem like it was a race thing or about the alt-right when really it was JUST about shit like the coal industry where jobs are being lost to automation and new technology.

And the moral isn't that you have to go to college, it's that instead of sitting with shit that doesn't work you need to start from a new foundation. There's plenty of programs, especially for shit like coal miners, that are focused on simple training to get them into new job fields.

Also, the episode could be seen as referencing the show itself here. Matt and Trey know Season 20 sucked ass. The idea of "starting from a new foundation" could also be meant to apply to how they are trying to cut off shit from S20 like Heidi.

>at least you can keep pretending that a libertarian state would actually work
i would rather a state than doesnt work over a state that works directly opposed to the citizens interest

>Seriously, what kind of fucking idiot goes to a therapist and says "they tried to drug me" like it's a bad thing?

Because when you go to see three different therapists who each prescribe a different drug as soon as you say "I feel depressed," without ever even going over what's wrong, it doesn't look like they're doing their job right.

>selling college foosball is how you fund a university, homeboy.
And here I thought it was how you fund 8 figure coach salaries and stadiums that rival the NFL.
Silly me.

>i would rather a state than doesnt work
Go to Somalia then.

they probably where commies in wich none of them worked and the only problem was some vague outside threath that was responsible for everything bad that ever happenned
in reality it was a show in the same vein as my litle pony where we never see anyone work but everyone has a home to sleep in and food on their plates

do you really not see the correlation or are you 'only pretending to be retarded'?

i would argue that there is an equivalent of a state in somalia with the armed gangs
only problem being its a state in constant war

nah, minneapolis gets too cold in the winter.

>i would argue that there is an equivalent of a state in somalia with the armed gangs
And wouldn't a stateless free market where corporations have mercenaries to impose their will on others also be the equivalent of a state?

>stateless free market
you are confusing me with an anarchist

You're a libertarian, that makes you an anarchist whether you like it or not.

How the fuck is this so difficult for people to understand.

The point is not "go to college". Randy is making a living literally just knocking down walls with a fucking sledge hammer while berating someone for being too uneducated to get "real job" when the reality is that people in Deryl's economic situation don't always have avenues available to them to uplift themselves.

The main joke of the episode was that Randy is more concerned with the redneck's making his "white people" show look bad rather than actually addressing why they're rioting in the first place.

Replacing Alexa with the rednecks also servers to highlight the absurdity of automation and our increasingly technology dependent lives. In order to get the red necks jobs the only recourse Randy is able to come up with is to give them a job of a machine whose function was never meant for humans in the first place. They took Alexa's job, not the other way around. But what places are left for these people in a society that is becoming more and more reliant on technology to fulfill all of our needs and desires, even companionship as we see with Cartman?

This episode had some very awkward pacing, but the commentary was absolutely on point. The only flaw is it seems to have gone over most critics heads because they can't see that the joke is on them, not the rednecks.

This.

Humanity is in the early stages of a global crisis never seen before

The population sits in at 7 billion and is expected to grow to 9 billion by 2050 at the same time we have introduced such automation that many jobs/tasks/demands are being phased out.

We are approaching an era with vastly more humans than ever before while less and less jobs are being made available.

At the same time we face a global food shortage as food production/food yield cannot possibly meet the tremendous levels of human food consumption.

you seem to have some bad missconceptions of what being a libertarian means
protip im not an anarcho-capitalist, i dont support private owned police