If you kill bad guys you become just like them

>if you kill bad guys you become just like them

It's true
Who are you to decide who lives and dies and what crimes were committed? We aren't cavemen, we live in a society. If you're going to break the law and betray society just to satisfy your ego, you really are just a criminal.

>no I won't, I'll be alive

What's legal and what's right aren't always the same thing.

Plus even then killing something like a serial killer or an attacking terrorist is totally legal, self defense.

These situations always happen when the villain is incapacitated and a threat to nobody. It's not your job to decide punishment, the world wouldn't work if anyone could decide any punishment.

>when you kill someone, you aren't a killer
>when you commit a crime, you aren't a criminal
Okay OP.

This CAN be true depending on the context of the story

>if you do x then you will be just like y!

Ending the life of someone who repeatedly commits the same atrocities over and over again because you've given them too many seconds puts more blood on your hands than just ending them.

>Aww I really like you...maybe when you're grown up

If you fuck my mom you'll be just like my dad

No it doesn't, as long as you turn him in then you have done your obligation and are free of any blame.

What if they are in control of the cops?
Do we just banish them to the phantom zone?

If the justice system fails to adequately contain apprehended criminals, we can't possibly blame the particular police officer who apprehended them just because he didn't shoot them in the back of the head at the time.

>Supporting Capeshit Morality
You are what's wrong with Comics

Then there's no truly moral decision you can make and you'll have to use your best judgment

If you know that nigga constantly escapes and will put everyone's lifes in danger then it is your fault.

In iron fist if Danny had just killed the hand. None of the events in defenders wouldve happened.

It's ethics class 101

>Not being Chaotic

If Superman just killed Darksied we wouldn't have any issues

In his universe, Superman is the living model of what people should look to and emulate and is absolutely the one who should act within the law, moreso than any other superhero.

Conflict is the basic and most common element in all living things lives. We kill to protect ourselves and kill to protect others. What is different between is and the bad guys? A lot. Killing that which is the cancer of human progress, society and evlolution is our right and purpose. Even the most vigilant of vigilanties know the divide between what is right and wrong when the matter of innocent lives come up.

Aang shouldve just killed the firelord

I mean if I had the chance to kill the ultimate evil I would do so by the people and for the people. Darksied and Doomsday will always try to fuck shit up no matter how many times they get mugged or no matter how many stairs trip them up.

What he should've done was make sweet sweet love to Azula and make her his bride instead.

But why do you think you can define what the cancer is? People disagree on that point, and you can hear on this very board two sides calling each other the cancer.

Law is our attempt at finding a consensus. Acting outside of it is just senseless violence.

To be honest I don't think the courts are equipped to process Darkseid so I have a hard time arguing about what to do with him

If they did it would be the longest court case in history. Kidnapping, brainwashing, at least 90 Million count's of murder,etc.

>b-but muh law says pedophiles, rapists, and thugs are the REAL victims
Modern "ethics" everyone

And I don't think putting him in jail is even on the table

Earth law doesn't apply to alien overlords while not on Earth

>Punching a Nazi makes you a Nazi!!!!!

What
They can be put to death but they need due process first.

Would putting him in the Phantom Zone even work? Niggas escape that shit easily now

Didn't Darkseid die once before and everyone in the justice league turned into gods?

Wouldn't maritime law still be in effect?

Alot of shit happened to Darksied user, he's evil because we are

If it couldn't hold Zod and his cronies I doubt it'd hold Darkseid
Death is probably the only option

It makes sense until shit gets unreal like insane murderers constantly getting sent to an asyluum and escaping to kill more.

In the real world we have a social contract and the government must for our own good hold the closest thing to a monopoly on violence we can get while still maintaining power over it.

The Phantom Zone is way worse than killing someone.

You are sealing them into a realm of torment for eternity with no plan to release them instead of just killing them, how is that the 'moral' option?

Until the joker escapes for the 100th time. It's unreal user. Yes killing is wrong even for the joker. But no real world can allow his escape. In the real world escape is rare and usually short lived.

Doomsday evolved into intelligence eventually didn't he? He turned it around and chose good.

Batman would just be a crazy criminal if he killed anyone.

it's funny how people base their judgement on a moral and legal system we built ourselves as if it's some absolute authority that cannot be defied. We created morality to distance ourselves from the primal brutality of our past and with the vision of an ideal world in mind. Yet the "moral" choice can often cause more harm than good, and it many times serves merely as a way to escape the weight of making a difficult decision and being judged for it.
People may deserve a fair trial and a second chance, but that must have it's limits. The well-being of the species and those who work to further it's progress should come before such things as morality, and if killing a villain is the best way to permanently end his threat it should be done.

Depends why you kill them. If it's something like self defense or to protect someone, it can be justified, but if it's to achieve a goal, then it could be argued that the only thing that separates you from him, is how far you're willing to go to get what you want.

>Being right of Marx makes you a Nazi

>the punisher is fine and a good role model

Aren't most superheroes vigalantes? Wouldn't playing the role of executioner really fuck up their rep and put them on thin ice with the law? Why shouldn't the police just assume they'll kill whoever they want at that rate?

Well in specific situations of Capeshit insanity yes, he is.

Real Heroes don't kill!

Batman has killed multiple times. So has superman.

>Hero uses death as a punishment
fucking plebs, everyone knows death is a form of mercy, you should break their will to live and then deny them that pleasure of death's kiss

This. How the fuck is condemning Injustice Supes to the PZ better than killing him? You're literally condemning him to live for fucking ever in what basically is Kryptonian hell.

Real talk. This user is asking the right questions.

>character who you would expect to be of average intelligence at best is surprisingly sophisticated and cultured

This will never stop being my favourite joke.

>If you kill your enemies, they win!

Neckbeards HATE him!

Find out how this local psychologist destroyed the comic book industry with one WEIRD trick!

The legal system is a basis for morality. Hahah look at this loser.

Any examples?

The legal system exists BECAUSE of morality

Nelson Muntz from the Simpsons is a Sup Forums example. My favourite is a non-Sup Forums one in the form of Grizz and Dot-Com from 30 Rock.

That has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence regardless of what /lit/ would tell you.

>your ego
Or to protect innocents this same villain might kill in the future, but thanks for projecting.

You do understand what I was trying to say, though, don't you?

Yes, but I love being a pedantic twat.

You know what? That's fair.

Sound like things a B movie villain would say

Depends on the protagonist and antagonist.

Spider-Man is no better than Venom if he just kills him because he doesn't agree with his "justice."
Batman is better than Joker even if he kills him.

Chaotic is objectively neutral. The whole "chaotic good and chaotic evil" thing is basically just people applying man made concepts to the nature of the universe, which is chaos.

literally nobody thinks or says this. most SJWs aren't even educated enough to know who Marx is or what he stood for. if you ever actually talk to a SJW you'll realize their entire world view is based around virtue signaling and calling anyone with nuance a nazi. they don't care enough to actually sit down and study politics their history. Sup Forumstards give them too much credit and in doing so make themselves look idiotic.

>all these bluedogs condone rapists and murderers and choose to feed house and clothe them instead of fixing the problem. Capeshit was a mistake

It is my job to decide punishment, I'm the one with the gun and the upper hand, and they don't always happen with an incapacitated villain, heroes often restrain themselves during a fight to avoid killing bad guys.
Being a killer isn't wrong, being a murderer is.
Being a criminal isn't wrong, sometimes the law is wrong..
Any system of law that let's someone like Joker continue to kill more people is broken.
This. Batman is singularly responsible for all those people who have died when the villains he puts away inevitably escape.
Legally. Not morally. Morally you have an obligation to protect innocents, and you've knowingly failed to do that.