How is the American Revolution taught in British history?

How is the American Revolution taught in British history?

Other urls found in this thread:

enotes.com/homework-help/why-did-british-view-india-jewel-crown-330067
youtube.com/watch?v=p60HR4NDjDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>implying we dont get taught diversity instead of cool shit like the American Revolution

Lose a bunch of angry brits not wanting to pay tax in America or lose India ,.easy call
enotes.com/homework-help/why-did-british-view-india-jewel-crown-330067

I don't think they really cover it in history class over there.

To be fair it is only a small part of British history

The real story is literally nothing happened. The Brits told us to fuck off because they didn't want to massacre a bunch of Yokels.

france won the war for us.

They had no qualms doing that. See: The Anglo-Boer Wars.

No, the real reason was because they were getting ganked by the other colonial powers.

>tfw American moderate rebels were being armed by France to fight a proxy war against the British

I think they directly fought the british navy for us to. I could be mistaken

America would of gained independence like aus,can,India without the need for a rebellion,
If it wasn't for the fact britian was at war with ,(if I remember correctly) France,Spain,holland,Portugal and a upraiseing in India,then the full weight of a super power would have just crushed any rebellion in America,
It's just the way the dice fall

We also got some Poles, Germans, and Spaniards to help us. German mercenaries fought against us, though. Gas all Germans.

That's what they said about WWII also.

Just like the Guillaume conquest, they pretend it is not big deal and then masturbate during 5 chapters on the british empire.

We basically do the same thing with the Revolution.
We don't spend much time on Napoléon though (which is a shame because it is much more interesting than this band of butchers).
However we spend like 2 entire months on the Shoah, it's almost like noone fought during WW2 and they just gassed jews.

It's not.

>I think they directly fought the british navy for us to. I could be mistaken

They fought a battle against the British fleet in Chesapeake Bay. This stopped the British from reinforcing, supplying or extracting their army trapped at Yorktown. The British army surrendered 8000 men.

This made the British to shift their focus on trying to secure the southern states of the 13 Colonies. There was a guerilla war that raged for a few years before the British finally gave up.

Like this:

America didn't pay it's fair share, moved into land that didn't belong to them then Bitched about it when the Brits did something about it.

Americans were losing until the French turned up.

Simple.

I dont think they fought, but i know the french used their navy to blockade a british general until he had to surrender

How the Indian freedom movement is taught in Britain.

Actually I don't know.

Oh and a 'massacre' that was literally triggered because yanks were throwing stones and clubs at soldiers.

>Napoléon
You don't spend time on learning about one of the greatest world military leaders ever,! Shame on France

Mfw they're still salty

They sent soldiers guns and shekels plus the navy blockade m8

FUCKING THIS, min brother is learning feminism's history and how we benifit from it HAAAAAAAAAHAHA

>going independent over 3% tax increase and a 'massacre' that the yanks caused

wewlad.

Boston Lives Matter?

Never was taught about it.

DESU history was a fucking joke in high school

Wanna learn about the tudors?

I was thinking more full on battles, but fair enough

separating from the jew controlled english was imperative to actual freedom. we had a good run until the kike worshiping english got their hooks into us again

dropping pic of the most based American there ever was he fucked Banastre Tarleton good

Never touched upon it. There is a lot to cover in English history so going over all the colonies it lost would take way too long. We did touch upon Americas entry into WW1 and 2 and pearl harbor. Other than that it was mostly medieval times and various revolutions.

We weren't taught anything about it. The only American stuff we studied was the slave trade and the civil rights movement, basically only stuff involving blacks.

The Brits avoid talking about it because they don't want to confront how the Rothschild controlled Bank of England manipulated the war via Tories in Parliament.

Even back then Britain was controlled by the Jews.

You think you can just TAX me without offering me adequate representation in the government?!

WEW

Top tier retarded comment.

Will this hold as one the most powerful governments in modern history? Will it still be talked about 100 years from now?

a-are we the baddies?

Conservative French monarchy funds, arms, & trains fanatically ideological radical republican revolutionaries to overthrow the rule of another conservative monarchy and establish revolutionary republic.

What could possibly go wrong?

thats some nice representation we got there

Everything I know about the revolutionary war, I learned from Hamilton

>super power would have just crushed any rebellion in America,
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Maybe in a 100years kids will be takeing lessons with a less western take on history, no point teaching about the pilgrims if your people are all brown that came from Mexico

>At war with Portugal
How fucking dare you insult our oldest allies so. Treaty of Windsor best treaty.

It's not. We barely learn about the empire at all, other than 'it was a bad thing'. Most our history classes are dedicated to previous kings and queens and their adventures, also ww1 and 2.

It's not. I learnt about ww2 and the roman empire

I did say if I remember correctly! Point I was trying to make still stands ,

We don't really bother with it too much, but its covered eith relatively little bias, emphasis on Washington's training and the political and economic situation of the colonies, though we also highlight that colonists paid less than uk citizens and that it was a result of middle class agitation, just like every other revolution.

Incidentally, no-one in the UK has heard of the War of 1812.

youtube.com/watch?v=p60HR4NDjDA

. Highly worth watching for you history junkies