Why is Cyborg DC's official black guy? Why not John Stewart, Static Shock, or Vixen?

Why is Cyborg DC's official black guy? Why not John Stewart, Static Shock, or Vixen?

because they're too interesting.

They need someone that normies can understand between games of candy crush.

i would distill that hot take further and say, he's a safe black man that everyone can like!

should have been Vixen.

>John Stewart
>Vixen
>interesting

Elaborate, please.

Why not have them all?

I don't know shit about Vixen but what I saw on Justice League, but her powers cool.

>John Stewart
Black Green Lantern
>Static Shock
that cartoon was for kids laugh out loud laughing face
>Vixen?
im offended by how this female is portrayed

one of them there bo duke dolls went up that there cereal lord fella; it worked its way through to his, I think doc didio called it his amy gag dilly dal or some such. well, its kinda lodged in there something powerful and that there cereal lord fella, he aint been the same since

>Why is Cyborg DC's official black guy?
Americans love football stories.

The other GL are more interesting than John and the rights to Static are weird. I don't know shit about Vixen so no clue there. I think he was chosen partially because of the Teen Titans television show helping to make him more popular and the fact that he is a 'smart black man' for being the main reason. He is as much of a brains hero as he is a braun.

>Static Shock

Yall know this is bait right?

They needed a minority for the film and a tech-based hero to try and appeal to the Iron Man crowd (even though the tech and the suit aren't what bring people to Iron Man films, RDJ is)

Teen Titans cartoon fame and tech-oriented character.

>Why not John Stewart
Boring

>Static Shock
Don't wholly own the rights.

>or Vixen?
Now that's the question. But largely not her because the Justice League needs a tech guy that's not Batman.

Because teen titans was a popular cartoon. Jon is another lantern that would take away from hal, static wasn't as popular and vixen is a literally who.

Cyborg owns. He's cool. The only problem is they haven't done enough, he should honestly be pushed further. Have a new god nemesis that used to own his mother box, have him hack into the Watchtower to fight Starro as a space giant, he has so much potential they haven't used.

Maybe I don't like him,he's a little boring, but Cyborg has huge amounts of potential and he helps ground the team, at least by preventing Batman from being an unmatched supergenius. Really Cyborg fills two niches, the black guy and the tech guy

He was on their team in the old cartoons so he is on their team now

Then why not Steel?
Would have been better story with someone who admires Superman who really knows about tech.

Because they think people still remember that shitty movie with Shaq in it. Also, have you SEEN how they treat Superman characters? Steel doesn't deserve that.

why

Ties to Superman, an existing League character, are too close. Also the Shaq movie.

>He was on their team in the old cartoons so he is on their team now
Which old cartoons?
He was mostly a Teen Titan first and became a JL member later but never in the old cartoons.
Since nu52 the are pushing the Cyborg JL founding member thing.

>He was mostly a Teen Titan first and became a JL member later but never in the old cartoons.
He was in Superfriends.

Maybe that's why they should bring him back to change these things instead of using some generic token black teen football guy who turned into a walking motherbox.

do they need a tech person? The animated cartoon didn't have one. Batman is good for identifying things but isn't supposed to be iron man so i see your point there but i don't think they need a tech guy.

oh look, he actually looks like a cyborg here, unlike in justice league.

>do they need a tech person?
Not really, but it's the 2010s so I understand the idea of needing a tech guy. I'm a giant Vixenfag so my opinion is biased.

Movie Execs don't go back and fix things. They ignore that it ever happened (until a fanbase grows that likes it as a joke) and move onto the next thing.

It's the same reason they dropped that Unite the Seven tagline the moment they realized Green Lantern was in the Justice League too.

>official black guy
>vixen
>black guy
she's a black woman.

That is sexiest. You don't know what gender (s)he/zi may be.

Isn't that even better?
Not one but 2 two women in the league and one of them is coloured.
At least some of the swj-cucks and tumblr bitches would like that.

she identify as a strong black woman who don't need no man.

John and Hal would be too many lanterns, Sup Forums would hate static just as much for the perceived sjwness of it and vixen would just be fap bait.

>Elaborate, please.

Translate as

>I GREW UP WATCHING DCAU AND THESE ARE THE ONLY ONES I KNOW.

Why isn't Dick in the League?

>Why isn't Dick in the League?
Titans.

Vixen recently had her own cartoon and it was good. She was interesting .

Because this show existed.

Serious question, save for Robin, would they have just faded into obscurity if not for this show?

I mean iv'e seen this posted in many threads. He didn't even bother changing the picture.

Yeah but you know that's not what OP meant

We talk about this all the time on Sup Forums. Cyborg is cool but there are other better black superheroes that could be on League than him.

Probably not, if we're talking anout comics, but we're not are we?

because this anonCyborg being in the league isn't new

Yet this thread has not suggested them

You can't have two green lanterns. That's confusing

But the Justice League does have two Green Lanterns right now.

>Why isn't John Stewart in the League?
Because of Hal Jordan, DC was going to kill him off in a event to make room for the new Arab GL but a writer got mad and quit because of that decision.
>>Why isn't Static in the League?
Legal issues with Milestone Media
>Why isn't Vixen in the League?
She is on the JLA and look how no one cares about it.
>Why isn't Steel in the League?
He's not his own hero like Cyborg (tied up with Superman). Enjoy having him play attentive boyfriend in the Superwoman comic.

Now the big question is "What about Black Lightning or Mr. Terrific?" Well they needed a tech hero and BL doesn't fit the bill and Mr. Terrific is JSA.

Are there rights issues with Static?

>The other GL are more interesting
Except Kyle and arguably Jessica when she stopped being Power Ring.

What is the appeal of Vixen?

see

>John Stewart
Same powerset as a whole group of characters. Is literally the backup's backup. He is known as John Stewart before he's known as Green Lantern.
>Static Shock
Could be a mess for them to deal with in the future.
>Vixen
Lmao unlike the other two she never had a leading role on a well-known animated show so I don't even know why you brought her up.

Cyborg had the Teen Titans nostalgia and a name that immediately told any audience unfamiliar with him what he was all about. Before anyone tries to use Steel just know that Cyborg is not associated with a shitty Shaq movie nor is his origin directly tied to a separate storyline for an in-universe long established hero's death.

She has cool powers and has potential to be interesting .

Because he's also Robocock and therefore disabled/neutered

Because nu52 happened at a very inopportune time for him.

The League, The Titans, and even the fans were talking about how Cyborg should finally be promoted to the League before then, because he had been putting in his dues for ages and hadn't gotten anything for it. People didn't want him to be stuck as the "wise old mentor" always plugged into Titans Tower and people also wanted to see the fanfare of the first Titans-to-League advancement that didn't involve a legacy character. It would be a "The world AND the League needs a Flash" or "They need AN Arrow; doesn't matter what color"; it would be a kid who grew up and finally joined the big leagues.

But the advancement happened with nu52, so instead of it being a young hero turned pro by joined the ranks of the best of the best; it was a teenage member of a team of experienced heavy hitters.

He's getting the laurels of a version of himself that hasn't existed in years.

Yeah, why isn't Vixen DC'S black guy?

>potential to be interesting
not really

Her powers are the same as Animal Man and he's actually had good books.

Tell me more about this "potential" you see. What could be done to make her personality compelling?

>has potential to be interesting .
Almost every character has the same amount of potential to be interesting.

DC doesn't need a main black character.

You can do stories with someone with animal powers without all the hippie existential evolution bullshit.

What if Bumblebee was pushed as DC black female superhero ?

She is for little girls.

Probably.

Little girls will grow up and want to read her comics so maybe she should be pushed.

Okay, you've subtracted traits...

Now tell me about the ones that would be present to make people want to read the book.

>Not Tied to a Shit Movie
Yet

The fact that it'll be the first time that non-leftists will see a character with those powers. Also, she'll be able to be beaten up and not Superman with a vagina like modern writers turned Wonder Woman into.

John ends up having people bitch about Hal.
Static is Milestone and thus his status is kinda murkey.
Vixen's got her tits out.
But the biggest reason is that Cyborg is already established in the mainstream. it's the Barbara Gordon loop all over again. He's who they use because he's the most popular, and he's the most popular because he's who they use.

People like characters for their *personalities*, user. Give me something to work with here.

Plenty of comic book fans know who the rest of these characters are. That's like Marvel literally believing that no one remembers who the X-Men.

You really want to know why?
It's because he's got no dick. White America is terrified of black sexuality. Cyborg has no dick, so he's the safer choice.

>Cyborg
>Vixen
>Static
tsk casual...

>not catching on to the fact that he literally wants to have her on the team to have a black woman beaten up

Vixen can't get a good personality because her writers have probably never actually talked to a black woman before.

Vixen would probably work best as an underground superhero that only blacks in the DCU are aware of (like how they wrote proto-Captain American in Marvel) who was a contemporary of older black superheroes who only does community outreach stuff because she got tied down by a family and doesn't believe that superheroics actually change anything.

No one likes cyborg, 90% of his "fanbase" actually like his teen titans version that is nothing like his comic, movie or game self

>the teen titans cartoons
>was a jl member in the old cartoons
>always hinted at becoming a member of the jl in the comics
>johns probably liked him the most

At least we're past the crying over MM being replaced but holy shit when will people stop complaining. A character is being pushed harder than others and it happens all the time.

The two people in the thread who've actually read DC Comics are correct.

Cyborg has been pushed for years and it finally happening just coincided with a shit reboot that made it look undeserved.

>>not catching on to the fact that he literally wants to have her on the team to have a black woman beaten up

It's called sandbagging, my friend. No-selling. Knowing what the attention-seeker wants and not giving it to them.

He has a T on his face. A great big T!

why, you don't like sighborg?

>but holy shit when will people stop complaining

The wheel doesn't stop squeaking until it gets the grease.

Ever.

Why is it a bad thing for Steel to have relations to Superman, it would mean that Steel would have good interactions with at least one member of the League which is more than you can say for Cyborg

He's very toyetic compared to other options, which helps.

His powers/abilities make it easy to take a LOT of narrative shortcuts. He can just magically tap into the internet and give them the info & impetus to go somewhere else after the latest macguffin.

>translation: she has tits and I have jungle fever

DC really needs to create new original black superheroes and they need to be likable and interesting .

He belong to JSA.

>Why isn't Vixen DC's official Black guy.
>Why isn't Vixen a Black guy.

Gee user. I don't know.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with her rockin' set of tits, an ass you could bounce a quarter off of, and her distinctive lack of male genitalia.

DC really needs to buy Static. He's the only black superhero I've seen people really like.

Reminder that during the Justice League cartoon where john Stewart was being used a good bit, the number one Halloween costume for young black boys was Green Lantern. They had a black character that was resonating with a black audience and they threw it away.

Static is just a poor man's Black Lightning.

Static is more popular than Black Lightning. I'm always seeing people wanting more Static this and Static that. I never see people wanting Black Lightning to show up. Static and Black Lightning have similar powers but there still different .

If you want DC to push another black Super hero that's not Cyborg, support Black Lightning's new mini series and TV show to show DC he should be push instead of Cyborg .

>At least we're past the crying over MM being replaced but holy shit when will people stop complaining.
When Cyborg gets turned white.

why would I want DC to push another black Super hero?
I want good stories not matter if is a black, white or orange character.
Fuck the day I support a character because is from "x" color or some other bullshit reason while being a shitty comic

The same nostalgia fags who brought back Barry wanted to push Hal as GL. Static seems to have some problems with royalties attached to him. Wonder Woman already fulfills their magical chick quota. Cyborg got some exposure to the general public due to Teen Titans so they probably just ran with that.

>wrong filename
>JPEG pleb
Come on user, are you even trying with that?

That sounds like you assume that black characters are only ever written shitty.

>I want good stories not matter if is a black, white or orange character.
>That sounds like you assume that black characters are only ever written shitty