Why is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodrx.com/abilify?drug-name=abilify
fraserinstitute.org/studies/waiting-your-turn-wait-times-for-health-care-in-canada-2015-report
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well unless he clarifies that both sets of prices are in USD, that chart doesn't really elicit much.

Because the companies that make those drugs had to invest a ton of money into researching them and they need to recoup the cost somehow.

FDA. There's more to it but that's a big one.

Do you even coupon?
goodrx.com/abilify?drug-name=abilify

I was shocked at how hard you guys get gouged on prescription drugs. I lived in a border town and half of our "tourist" traffic were folks from the States getting their prescriptions filled.

And our health providers negotiate bulk discounts when buying a billion-plus worth of drugs, instead of paying retail per damn pill.

If Canada's is in CAD, it would mean an even greater disparity.

wtf i love killing myself now?

why is nexium so expensive?
i see that shit at wal mart all the time

The FDA. Don't worry once Obama/Hillcare sets in we'll get to the Canada prices, right now it's just price fixing because in most states buying useless healthcare is cheaper than the fine for not having any.

It's okay because the (((free market))) will fix it.

Canadian government regulates prices. Their drug companies can only turn a profit selling to the US at a huge markup. Essentially we're funding the world's drug addiction.

>why? (((Why))) are our drug prices so high??

It's more along the line of Canada will rather let their citizens die than pay full price for the drugs. Pharmaceutical companies often sell drugs at a loss in Canada.

>Canadian health system

fraserinstitute.org/studies/waiting-your-turn-wait-times-for-health-care-in-canada-2015-report

Oh boy I've got a rash! Better book my GP appointment 4 months in advance!

You get what you pay for.

Those shekels..

Drug patents. You kill the patents and the prices drop substantially almost immediately.

>inb4 some Jew shill comes in and claims that patents protect innovation, as if there is no profit motive for a pharmaceutical to be the first to put a drug onto the market

You don't even need to get rid of the patents entirely, just cut them down to 2-5 years. I'm also aware of the high costs associated with this practice. Guess what? Many industries have high costs. You don't get special protection because you're in a med field. It's time for the "spend a billion throwing shit on the wall to see what sticks" practice to die. The costs on consumers and the deaths associated with this protectionism are bullshit.

Beyond patents, collusion between big pharma, the gov, and insurance companies.

FUN FACT: My state's former Governor(Joe Manchin) and now senator's daughter works for Mylan, the people in charge making sure Epipens will alway be overpriced worked with the FDA to make sure no alternatives are available.

Bonus: Joe Manchin's wife got on the state board of education and got a law passed that made sure every school has an epipen in their nurses office

Canada (and many other countries) buys inexpensive knockoffs from places like India that ignore IP laws while in US we pay higher prices to fund the R&D investments of drug companies.

Just one of the many sacrifices the American people are forced to make for the benefit of the rest of the world.

He's part of Congress, so he is saying he is bought also?

>buys inexpensive knockoffs from places like India that ignore IP laws

It's the same pills, the same brand, and they're all made in India.

We just don't legislate MINIMUM drug prices like your feds do, and we use purchasing power to negotiate bulk discounts, which Medicare/aid and the VA are prevented from doing.

Literally subsidizing the world's health.

>bernie still showing everyone that he doesn't know that the cost of living differs in other countries

Because insurance companies are swimming in cash (more so now that Obama held a gun to American's heads and forced them all to buy it), and drug companies know they can get away with billing insurance companies more for drugs.

Whereas single payer systems tend to have more price controls/caps and lower negotiated prices.

>patents protect innovation, as if there is no profit motive for a pharmaceutical to be the first to put a drug onto the market

The only industry which is really dependent on patents is pharmaceuticals, for any other industry it doesn't drive innovation and it's not nearly as used, patents are a bad idea based on good intentions.

If I learned something from the shitfest that the MSM threw with the Shkreli scandal is that drugs are expensive for a reason and that insurance companies take care of most of the price. Sanders is a commie old shit that wants the tax payer's ass to bleed by paying for all these rather than leave it to the market.

Fuck Bernie and fuck commies.

> Joe Manchin's wife got on the state board of education and got a law passed
> state board of education
> law passed

hit the bench CTR, youre done.

send up the next shill from the bullpen

it's like you faggots assume we are as stupid as yourselves.