Unpopular Opinions Thread

>Samurai Jack is style over substance
>"Mature" capeshit was a mistake; Silver Age was the best stage in comicbook history
>MLP doesn't deserve neither the hate nor the obsession it gets; it's at best okay
>Cartoons shouldn't try to be "deep" and instead must focus on entertaining an audience

It's nice to see my opinion was remembered and reposted by someone else.

The original Teen Titans was literally a 12 year old girl's fanfic.
>Anime copying art style
>Reshaping an entire character to fit your ship (Terra)
>Bland superhero plots that have been done by nearly everything
>Cliche brooding bad boy leader

>>"Mature" capeshit was a mistake; Silver Age was the best stage in comicbook history
Kill yourself.

The Stan Lee is a soulsucker joke isn't funny or clever at all.

Uh... duh? That's the entire point.

People [what people? citation needed] praise it as if there is substance.

This is true. However, style and flash is very important in a visual medium, and the Episodes (almost) always had enough substance to stand on their own, even if they lacked an over-arching story and has very little continuity.
>"Mature" capeshit was a mistake; Silver Age was the best stage in comicbook history
Each has it's own merits and high points, but overall, this is also true. The Joker would not be nearly so insufferable had he not become an Edgelord.
>MLP doesn't deserve neither the hate nor the obsession it gets; it's at best okay
This is True.
>Cartoons shouldn't try to be "deep" and instead must focus on entertaining an audience
This is true to a point. Cartoons should remember that they are made to entertain First and foremost. However, creators should still exercise a bit of creative vision and pride, other wise we will end up like the Anime Industry: chock full to the brim with pandering, fan service, recycled plots, and endless copying of whatever's hip at the time.

Terra was shit character and the result of Wolfman's midlife Crises Autism, just like Garfield the Cuck

Samurai Jack is style over substance and the finale was shit on both
What some retards call "muh deep" can be entertaining
Motorcity was pretty and literally nothing else
95% Western comic artists cannot do action to save their life
Adventure Time is better now than what it was during S1-S3
Sup Forums will give certain shows and comics a pass on being shitty if they can self insert, it's beta as fuck

>if they can self insert
*if they have waifus
Fix'd 4 u.

Nah, if there's no male self insert and it's just girls Sup Forums will hate it because they hate lesbians. So I guess it's waifus and self insert MC.

>>Samurai Jack is style over substance
I'd consider this a half-and-half opinion amongst the SJ viewerbase. People rewatching the series since digital distribution and the results of season 5 made a considerable amount of them come to the same conclusion.

I think every SJ fan knows this, it's why the first 4 seasons worked so well and 5 didn't, as soon as it tried to have a plot it went to shit.

>because they hate lesbians
>Sup Forums hates lesbians

Yeah, SU, Harley and Ivy, Adventure Time, Loud House, you name it.

Kyle Rayner was the best Green Lantern.

SU is badly written, and the creator is very insincere with the audience. The LESBIANS themselves are not the problem, Sugar is.

Why is this a bad thing? Is the style is cool then SJ is good.

>>Reshaping an entire character to fit your ship (Terra)
Terra was shit in the comic tho

So it's ok

>and the creator is very insincere with the audience
Explain

Batman the Brave and the Bold is better than Batman TAS

And I grew up with TAS

She really wanted to make a very anime anime about space lesbian magical girls.

But she was not allowed to do that, so she went with "Oh, they are non-gender specific space rocks!"

That is what I call insincere.

Never realized how accurate this was until now, tbqh

>The idea of Arnold and Helga getting together depresses me
>Foster's Home is hilarious to me, I don't get the hate for it
>Johnny Bravo, early FOP and early Family Guy are good not great
>Tiny Toon Adventures' theme song is GOAT

Here are mine

>Teen Titans Go! has good episodes
>Waifuism is retarded
>Some of Chris-Chan's art would be really good if it were redrawn by professionals (I'm not talking about the comics)

>Samurai Jack is syle over substance
That's the whole fucking point, genius.

>The idea of Arnold and Helga getting together depresses me
Why?

I feel like Helga uses him as an emotional crutch, like she has to rely on Arnold's mere existence to get by in life. That shit isn't romantic, it's depressing.

I feel like the fans and the show writers use the “well she was neglected” backstory as an excuse for her really creepy behavior as a cop out.

Also fuck that therapist episode.