Name a more useless character

Imagine being a female character SO pointless, that your future incarnations have to have EVERY female stereotype, from Martial Arts to fashionista to lock picking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uMsA6_Qh_jw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She's a product of her time, when female characters were either the ugly girl (Velma) or the hot girl (Daphne).
With the ugly girl it's easy to turn her into a nerd/the smart one and not break a sweat. It's harder to turn the hot girl into an interesting character.
Fred suffers from that a bit as well since he's just the leader/hot guy and doesn't really have any other traits. That's why mystery inc had to make him autistic for traps. To try and add some depth.

She paid for everything. I don't think it was ever really elaborated on, but she (or rather, her parents) funded Mystery Inc. The van, the gas, food, etc.

>That's why mystery inc had to make him autistic for traps

It was, at least, A Pup Named Scooby Doo that made him an autistic planner. Definitely wasn't as recent as Mystery Inc.

Had to reread the traps sentence to remind myself of what you actually meant.

How long before this turns into another Daphne vs Velma thread?

This; it was explained in past episodes, and even some commercial bumps, she's the benefactor to the team.

Fred had several uses. He was a straight man sometimes, although Velma usually filled that role. He was the leader. Later he became funny when he was allowed to be aloof. He could figure out some clues, usually the more physical orienated ones.

Shaggy and Scooby were the real meat and potatoes of the show. They had all the best gags, got chased by monsters, and enough personality quarks to basically carry the entire show by themself.

Velma was the primary straight man, pointing out how silly Scooby and Shaggy were, she could be the smart one that pieced things together.

Daphne was given the boring lines that could have gone to anyone. She was the pretty one and sometimes got kidnapped.

Lock picking doesn't seem like a character trait that's out of bounds considering she gets captured so often
And honestly if we're justifying it all, martial arts doesn't seem like that bad of a skill in that regard, unless it's a one note thing that pops up randomly and is never used again

This. Thanks to the Knuckleheads on this site I can't watch Mystery Inc without giggling when Fred says a sentence with "Traps" in it. I honestly believe a writer knew what he was doing.

>How long before this turns into another Daphne vs Velma thread?
Like there's any competition.

Yeah, that's a thing you see in long-running series with a damsel character. The future incarnations all agree they need to add depth besides "pretty kidnapped love interest", but none of them can agree what they need to add. So you end up with a character that has every characteristic under the sun, but only for one incarnation, before the next one ignores that and adds a different trait (all under the pretense of "finally fixing her").

Realistically, it depends on the incarnation of each.
Example.

Classic Velma > classic Daphne.
MI Daphne > MI Velma.

I was refering to her 60's character
You're right but I meant "useful" in terms of adding to the team.
Velma is the Genius. Fred is the leader that keeps everyone together. Shaggy had the ventriloquism. He and Scooby were the bait most times. Daphne though... The most she ever constantly did was be Clumsy enough to ruin the traps.

Her pussy is the only thing inspiring Fred to lead. Shes very far from useless. Shes just not useful in the way you want her to be.

Daphne didn't need to be anything but eyecandy and leverage for the villain. She served her purpose well and wasn't obtrusive.

She held her own just fine when she replaced Fred and Velma in the 80's Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show.

Funny considering she was the last survivor standing in a slasher film where the casting and characters were ripoffs of the Scooby Gang.

I didn't know that... It makes more sense that she was a rich girl. The context clues were all there. She hung out with a white guy with an ascot and a girl who might be boarding school material. Not so much sense that she interacted with a stoner and his dog.

Was watching Be Cool Scooby Doo and the gang as kids showed up to solve a mystery. Was so disappointed that Fred didn't accuse Red Herring of the caper.

HEY LOOK
A SECRET BITCH

I think part of the reason is there really isn't a lot of roles to distribute.

What roles do they NEED? That's why Daphinee gets stuck with stop revisions. Oh she knows kung-fu, well the team doesn't need kung-fu because the formula is that they run away from the monster and than set a trap for it. They made her a tv show host which only works so long as every adventure is about them filming their encounter.

Ironically she was the third most popular of the characters. Hence why she Shaggy and Scooby had a show or two while nixing Velma and Fred, the people who typically solved most of the shit in the first place.

Wasn't the show always all about shaggy and scooby

Watch me swooce right it!

SWOOCE

>Fred was autistic to traps
He should come to Sup Forums. He'd fit right in

the importance of Velma is overblown, she determine how was the culprit and how and way it did it, but it never explain it until after they capture the "monster", and it wasn't relevant for the trap to work, which never did.
if they go directly for the trap part they would save a lot of time.

>Classic Velma > classic Daphne.
>MI Daphne > MI Velma.
You literally have it backwards.

>Scooby Doo movie done in found footage style
Gimme

Fred is such a dwarf, when you think about it.

They made her cool in be cool

No they didn't, they made her retarded. MI Daphne is far better despite being a bit bland.

>That's why mystery inc had to make him autistic for traps.
Best character reimagination ever.

>scene where scoob gets possessed and starts talking as an homage to the show

>yfw you realise MI Shaggy is literally this dude
>and he's GOOD

He is the best part of those movies

Name two (2) ways Frank Welker's Fred is different to his Ray Stantz.

Ray was more childlike and smarter. Ray had better plans than fucking Egon in a few episodes.

that scene gave me a shitty fetish that I never shook

though, in retrospect, I'm glad it wasn't clowns

youtube.com/watch?v=uMsA6_Qh_jw

No, he's just an MRA who never got over what an immature ass Velma was in the early episodes. For him this meant she could never grow out of it or change, so the glory of second-season, more sympathetic Velma isn't something he knows.

Fred is a genius who will only be recognised after he dies having created the ultimate trap and released it on the world, leaving humanity incapable of reproduction forever .

I thought Fred was the gay guy.

Caveman, He's the sheriff

VELMA WAS NOT UGLY YOU FUCK!

the bard character from the black cauldron

That's actually pretty creepy

Because its a mystery user just let velma feel smart I mean she's hanging out with two rich cucks and two stoners she can't really be that much of a genius

She has NO NAVEL!

Lol, what?
No. MI Daphne just has an overall better personality. That doesn't mean Velma is shit.
Saying you like one thing over another doesn't mean you think the other thing is garbage.

Stop projecting.

Where do I get my qt Daphne clone?

>trap-lover
>not gay

>what an immature ass Velma was in the early episodes.
That was Scooby, not Velma. She is misblamed.

Shaggy is an athlete actually. Star of the gymnastics team acording to the OG series.

Well that explains how he can run so fast.

>Suddenly, Femshep shows up to tell Daphne about her war against the Reapers
>Daphne is inspired to finally demand Fred to go to the prom with her
>Dickless literally friendzones her as he does it
>Turns out the vampire rapist chick was jailbait
>Turns out the jailbait was actually planted by Mr E.

Wtf was even going to happen if Fred got in the car with "Alice"?

>chick was jailbait
What? If anything it would probably be the other way around.

Her "story" was that she was the daughter of another crook the gang had caught earlier, who did so when they were already teens. She appeared to be a child in this "flashback", implying that she was in fact underage during the events of the episode. Ergo, her cover story was to be jailbait.

Hex Girls are far more superior

Is this an official CN short?

Also is Be Cool, worth watching?

Her story didn't even make sense, since she was shown to be a little girl when The Creeper got caught by Teen MInc.

Just a bunch of promos and bumpers during a Scooby Doo marathon they had a long long time ago. Obviously a parody of the Blair Witch Project.

The cool thing to do these days is to get it removed

Hey I know a more useless character scrappy doo

>Hence why she Shaggy and Scooby had a show or two

I forgot Daphne was even in 13 Ghosts.
I mostly remember the red-shirt shaggy and scooby movies, the ones that leave out all 3 of the rest of the gang

GIVE ME A HANDJOB SKOOKS!

You bet!

Wait, what episode was that? Cause I've watched all of them so far and I don't remember that.

Scooby Apocalypse Shaggy

>personality quarks

I'd rather have them bland than be a cunt like velma was in MI

Same. And Freddy's autism got very old, imho

>Be Cool worth it
Aye lad, it has the best Daphne innit

this fag can't handle Velma's sass wut a beta

This.

>Velma competes against Scoob when she could simply take the knot

How often did she give Scoob peanut butter? Or did she even need it?

how could she when he was fucking shaggy?

what do I win?

>Fred was the leader and the muscle; if the show at any point required a fistfight or shooting a gun he'd be the one doing it, but it rarely did so he was solely a leader
>Velma was the intellectual who actually did the mystery-solving but was a useless cunt without her glasses, hence the need for Fred
>Daphne paid for everything because her parents are loaded and Fred needed something to put loads into as well (and it sure as fuck wouldn't be a 2/10 like Velma)

The real mystery is why Scooby or Shaggy were there. It's not like Scooby was a ferocious attack dog.

Let's plot a course

>It's not like Scooby was a ferocious attack dog.
They're a group of mystery-solvers, so their main skills don't need to be aggressive. Scooby is a sniffer dog. Both Shaggy and Scooby are the most agile which is why they're constantly used for bait.

They were the bait.

Been a while.

>2/10
You're one ruthless, savage, stonecold user user

I always wondered if this existed. But I knew it had to. Someone had to go there.

Velma always had an hourglass figure and a noticeable rack inside that sweater. I don't know if it's going for that ancient glasses=ugly meme but even if it is she's fake-ugly at most.

Fifteen years old

Shaggy was shagging Daphne on the side. Why do you think she later only hung out with him and Scooby?

>that fucking chin from the side view
every time

>Carpet muncher

>thinking Velma doesn't enjoy applying lipstick

user...

Oh yeah? Then why's she got the Hex girls to graft a fake one onto her during the concert?
Daphne is a freak! A FREAK!

Wait a minute...
Is Thirteen Ghosts (pic related) a sequel to Scooby Doo? After Scooby dies from old age and Shaggy becomes a cynical bastard who uses his expertise with the paranormal for professional research?

>Fred was a straight man sometimes
>Fred is autistic for traps

I hate this place.

Of course.

Name of that film please

So that why her running gag in the new scooby doo is that she does something diferent every episode.

Are you certain you know what a straight man is, user?

Is that the Batmobile?

I dunno, I loved her in that mermaid movie.

I'm going through MI for the first time and I feel every character, except Shaggy and Daphne, are absolute c*nts. Well... Fred isn't that bad since he means well but the worst perpetrators are Scooby Doo, Velma, and the intro characters.