THIS IS A STATE OF EMERGENCY! The Emoji Movie has breached 10% on Rotten Tomatoes! I repeat...

THIS IS A STATE OF EMERGENCY! The Emoji Movie has breached 10% on Rotten Tomatoes! I repeat, The Emoji Movie has breached 10% on Rotten Tomatoes! The endtimes are upon us! Hide your family!

Who cares?

$171m worldwide on a $50m budget. That's what you should care about. Nobody on the project believed in it or even began to care (watch any interview), but naked cynicism won the day.

And that cynicism will continue to breed.

Was a better movie than "Captain Underpants".

I blame the cunts that wanted to see this just to shit on it. Only to give Sony Pictures more money to make sequel to it. This is why you should ALWAYS PIRATE.

Kill yourself.

It's not like they're the majority of people who went to see it

For some reason I thought that movie was already out of theaters. How is it still being reviewed?

EXCUSE ME?

Its going to get a sequel unlike captain underpants epic first flop

Was it White?

It'd be funny if it had 4 more positive reviews.

This. The only people who went to see this are stupid fucking kids who already dragged their parents to see the 12th Minions movie. Stupid fucking kids are a big market.

CU made three times it's budget and it didn't air everywhere yet. Dreamworks stuff tends to overperform overseas and it premiered at the same time as Wonder Woman.

Does that 50m include marketing? Because they must have blown a fuckton on that. Still not a massive success by Hollywood standards.

It's a pretty respectable box office success even if that 50 mil doesn't account for marketing. No matter how you look at it the Emoji movie was a success and just proved to Hollywood they can cram whatever crap they want down our throats as long as they package it as a kids movie. Parents don't give a fuck what their kids watch as long as it shuts them up for an hour and a half.

Whats with the australian reviewers liking this movie?

Did a kids movie drop a coupla "cunts" and they swooned?

Does that mean horse movie has a chance to make money?

>a chance

Horse movie is money already in the bank. The autists will flood the theaters and choke out the poor families that just wanted to give their daughter an enjoyable afternoon.

Was this from that synney morning herald review?

Horse fan here. I won't be going to the theaters to see this. I am still ashamed of liking the horse show.

Theres still merch. People may not care about an emoji movie but they have always loved emoji plushes.
This gives people heaps of chance to buy them.
Nobody will buy the mc though.

As long as they don't get skewered for making the character everybody expected to be a dashing rogue into a fucking nigger it will be a fucking hit.
It's also all but guaranteed an Academy nomination for best song and has a decent shot of winning it (song that is) as well.

I foresee a few instances of bronies causing problems but they are too few in number and most of what is left is the less spergy portions of the fanbase there won't be huge floods of bronys.
I know I am seeing it in the thearter though.

If you don't want to give the Sydney morning Herald clicks for whatever reason the article is transcribed here.

The fuck? I hope they give that guy more than 10 cents at least.

What's gonna be in the sequel?
pic not related

This. I'll but the artbook to make up for it, but I'm streaming that shit. I have an MLP keychain I got for free with an order and I'm still too ashamed to use it.

It was financially successful and that's all they care about. We'll be seeing more movies like it in the future.

Contrarians have made it so nothing will ever be 100% or 0% ever again. Sorry user but you'll just have to get used to it.

What kind of person sells his soul to pretend the Emoji movie is good?

Do Australians even have a soul?

I went to the cinema with my little brother to see it. It wasn't even that bad just a run of the mill story about someone finding themselves.

By Sony standards that warrants a sequel