Justice League Action

Remember when everyone was excited for this and now no one even talks about it. It's basically Teen Titans Go but in some ways even more retarded. Every episode is just nonstop corny ass jokes. There's nothing to invest in. Most of the voices that aren't Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill sound like shit. Even the artstyle is complete garbage. As bad as Ultimate Spider-Man was, at least it was pretty to look at. Does this show do anything right? DC's animated films are usually decent. Young Justice was fine. Teen Titans was good. The Bruce Timm shows were great. What the fuck are doing with shit like JLA? You can't even make the excuse "oh well it's made for kids" because all of their shows were made for kids but were still good. Why do they insist of being obnoxious instead of putting out quality DC shows? They obviously have the talent.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/14/netflix-cfo-justifies-spending-6-billion-on-content-despite-companys-4-8-billion-debt.amp.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tFb2NExVIWU
youtube.com/watch?v=1P9XB-bol4U
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaK3DZ3v-WM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The episodes I've seen were good.

I recently finished the episode where Firestorm is basically trying to convince Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman that they are who they are because they had apparently lost their memory because of that episodes villain.

It was absolutely atrocious. It only like 5 episodes into the first season.

teen titans go isn't even about super heroes. It's basically family guy for kids. Do you think batman the brave and bold is just another teen titans go?

The thing about this show is that it's just ok. It's not spectacular but it's not TTG-tier divisive either. It's just meh hence not much talk about it.

It's not great but for what it's suppose to be.. It's decent.

>and now no one even talks about it
There's a JLA thread every week.

That's like episode 39

That episode was brilliant.

I want to put my pengis in the wonder woman

I enjoy it. It's got the right mix of DCAU and gold and silver age shenanigans. As much as people like TBATB, here I would figure it slots in pretty well. I just keep forgetting it's even on tv and have to see what new episodes came out after months and months. There's no oomf behind it.

For whatever reason CN seems intent on burrying it, which makes me wonder why they even made it in the first place. I mean Im glad they did I love it but why go to the expense if you're not going to promote it

I'm not a fan of the aesthetic and after watching the first ten episodes or so I decided it wasn't bad but it wasn't something I would be going out of my way for.

Maybe if you're a 12 with a crappy sense of humor

There's problems with some of the art styles - mainly that they are very derivative of the DCAU versus being different in the ways that other things (Young Justice or B-BATB) were. But the art isn't 'garbage' and the show isn't retarded.

People do watch it, it gets requested during the Mega and other threads and it gets talked about when the user posts his 1080p rips, as well as threads about the show when new episodes appear on demand or on the internet for CN.

And maybe you're a stuck up snob with no sense of humor at all. But you don't see me judging you for that, do you?

You kind of did actually. Also your passive aggressive attitude doesn't go well with your immature tongue in cheek sense of humor. I apologize for not liking something a small child would find funny. That must make me a snob with no sense of humor at all. I'll make sure to go watch some Pewdiepie videos and some Family Guy so I can learn to enjoy funny things as you do.

i was high hope for Wonder x Bat than slap me with sup X Wonder i'm Ok intel they start shit on louis and Steve THAN I simple drop it

>Remember when everyone was excited for this and now no one even talks about it.
What are you talking about? It wasn't that long ago we had several positive-leaning threads on this show.

> It's basically Teen Titans Go but in some ways even more retarded. Every episode is just nonstop corny ass jokes.
Yeah, I don't know what it is you're watching.

I don't remember everyone being excited for it. I remember people being cautiously optimistic about it, at best.

I find it pretty disappointing, although there are some decent episodes many of the characters feel mis-written and thus I don't feel that love for the DCU that made BATB so good.

Something about it just feels more like a commercial than previous DC shows, but I can't quite place what it is. Just very little "soul" or identity of its own, I think.

I hate it because i just want another batman cartoon and the one we get has him by the way side and replaced by the justice leagues literal whos. Also, what idiot thought an action cartoon should be only 11 minutes? Thats fucking retarded and will never work no matter how hard you push it. God, i reslly miss actually GOOD action cartoons.

Thas was a great episode.

JLA is well done, just because it's treatment of the material is a light one doesn't mean it's bad, just clearly not for you.

no way this isn't bait

How the fuck is this bait? OP asked for my opinion on the show and i gave it to him. I dont want a justice league show focusing on boring shitheads like firestorm or mister terrific. I want anither really good batman cartoon since BATB ended. I heard beware the batmans good, but the ugly artstyle and the fact that classic villains were prohibited by the writing staff to be in it were a big turn off for me. I just hope one day CN gets their head outve their assess, fires the current execs with a hate boner for action and story driven cartoons, and make another great batman series again.

S E X H A I R

so it's not bait, you're just a fucking normie

>liking batman makes you a normie
Im sorry if my favorite super hero isnt some shitty c lister. Batman got me into capeshit and he will always be my favorite. Fuck you

Batman really is awful. Just popping in to say this. There are good stories written around Batman, but he is always the least-interesting part of those stories, and tends to drag them down.

Well thats your shit taste and yours alone user. Personally i think hes a great and compelling character and you only seem to hate him because your a contrarian peice of shit with no actual values or opinions for yourself, so you find whatevers popular and hate on it.

Wow, to think I would miss
>these men are your friends
shitposting
Simpler times, friends

>DC's animated films are usually decent

They've been garbage for like 4 years

Nah, dude. Batman himself is shit. He has no depth or personality. He's a cardboard cutout, a mannequin that gets dragged along.

I have loved Batman stories, but Batman the character is dull, lifeless and always the most boring part. All the supporting cast just covers him up so it's harder to notice.

Beware has some classic villains showing up. It's good, though, and probably the last proper DC action cartoon until YJ returns.

>As bad as Ultimate Spider-Man was, at least it was pretty to look at.

No, it wasn't. It had a boring, dull as dirt art style.

Just because it's detailed doesn't make it good.

>all that shit taste
Kill yourself you fucking faggot
YJ is teen drama shit so fuck that

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's basically Brave and the Bold extended to the entire Justice League.

Take your shit taste and GIIIIT OUT

>doesn't like BATB 2.0
>likes modern DCAU trash like WAR and Atlantis

Only a casual would say this.

I guess I can't be arsed anymore since this show immediately fell into irrelevance, and the WW franchise has become noticeably healthier since the 75th anniversary. I mean, editorial is actually treating Diana with a modicum of respect these days, and Jenkins' dedication to getting the character right for her big screen debut has done a lot of good for public perception.

Yeah, it's an utterly cringeworthy line, but there's no need to actively make a stink about it. And frankly, Injustice 2 was way, WAY worse. Seriously, can someone slap the stupid out of Ed Boon and his writers? Fuckin' hell.

It's not nearly as fun. Doesn't have that Silver Age feeling.

>YJ is teen drama shit so fuck that

Will this meme die already? If anything, YJ was too busy being about the plot with the Light and conspiracies to feature the teens being teens. Probably why Downtime was one of the better episodes.

>editorial is actually treating Diana with a modicum of respect these days
The upcoming Robinson arc with her shitty twin brother says otherwise

>Will this meme die already?
No because it's true

The characters in that show are fucking insufferable

At least in Teen Titans there was more than one character people liked (and Miss Martian was always just a copy of TT Starfire before she turned into a huge bitch)

For all the pedantics that just wanna hate without actually learning about what's happening in the industry, here's the skinny:

CN's run by idiots.

To elaborate, they're mainly concerned about filling time slots and maximizing "toy sales." I put "toy sales" in quotes because that's their given reason for any time anything gets canceled; never mind the fact that the merch just isn't there in the first place, but that's a whole other point.
SO, how do you fill time slots? Reruns. You can't rerun a strictly plot-centric, or they don't think you can anyway, because they're worried about:
A - Spoilers
B - Confusing their audience.
- they think people are too dumb to realize that if the drop into the middle of something it's not going to make sense. Unfortunately this is true in many cases, but that's a another topic.

Justice League Action was supposed to be an episodic action show; an attempt to fulfill the "we want action shows," claims by viewers, while adhering to CN's ridiculous Air Time -to- Production Value target rations. Obviously the result is that it doesn't have a plot, each episode is really empty, and nobody gives a fuck about it. It's literally there in the title. "THIS IS THE JUSTICE LEAGUE, AND IT'S GOT ACTION, COME WATCH IT!"

Bit of a misnomer that people want "Action Shows;" what those people want is something meaty, something with a story and conflict and consequence that they can tune into and get invested in. This directly conflicts with CN's agenda of filling as much air time as possible with as little cost as possible, because they're a sinking ship trying to run a station in 2017 like it's 1998.

The obvious result is to make a show that's got a plot, but like a 2-to-5, Filler-to-Plot content ratio, so that they can have something to fill time with, and basically run as commercials for the other episodes, so that people will want to come back for more of that.
The master strat would be to then start their own steaming contracts.

They didnt care about playing action shows iut if order before. Why the big change?

>He has no depth or personality. He's a cardboard cutout, a mannequin that gets dragged along.
Not true. Bruce Wayne is a brooding, self-obsessed, paranoid, sanctimonious psychopath who projects his own values and shortcomings onto others, and would rather see the entire world burn than devise a permanent solution to anything. Also, he built a mind control satellite that turns innocent people into killer robots without their knowledge, basically because he reeee'd the fuck out over his co-workers doing something morally grey. Yeah, shocking that a privileged trust fund baby can't handle when life gets a bit complicated, but there it is.

So you're wrong, user. Batman isn't a black slate. He's a total piece of shit.

>giving a fuck about network ratings/timeslots
Oops, there goes any credibility you had.

Try again.

Low ratings call for desperate measures. TV is a waning commodity.

anytime new episodes are out we have a thread that has a couple hundred replies. It's just there haven't been any episodes in a while. Why the fuck don't they just release one a week?

> the industry that produces the content is irrelevant tot the content it produces

Thats bullshit and you fucking know it stream fag. Tv will always be here, even after the streaming bubble pops. They would better off playing reruns if their popular shows rather then TTG but dont because there stubborn fucks who love that shitty asswipe of a show

I meant in regards to her character. She actually acts like herself outside of her book for the most part.

And hey, at least now they're interested in actually telling some stories about her. Last time Justice League had any substantial focus on her was in Joe Kelly's run. Which is kind of depressing, since The Golden Perfect would've been fine if not for the beginning portion of it.

Also, Grail is hilarious, and will probably end up saving the arc by giving us a few laughs.

Remain rustled.

>network ratings produce the content
You have brain problems.

TV for youth networks is already dead. Ad revenue can't sustain content creation.

CN's value is in pushing its properties through the app, the channel at this point is basically just for moms and infants.

>streaming bubble
Oh you poor sweet summer child

Someone find this potato's caretaker

That's literally what I said.
How dense are you?

I keep forgetting it exists because it's never on tv

Fuck off, Batman has enough shows

Your the retarded fck who thinks streaming isnt just some shitty fad. Eat shit
No, batman needs to have another great show and you can fuck yourself if you think otherwise

Your the retarded peice of shit that thinks its anything more then a cheap fad. Neck yourself faggot

Yeah, because all they play is fucking shit. Its not too hard to figure out you thick retard

You're*
dipshit

It's called having easy access to the internet and cheaper streaming services.

user

If the Network is dead, only viewed by infants, and CN knows this, then why would they alter an in-production show that is on the app and aimed at tweens/teens to fit a rerun format for the channel they know is obsolete?

You didn't think your theory through. It applies to TTGo, not JLA.

For fuck's sake, JLA gets almost no play on the channel.

Checking grammer means youve lost the argument, faggot
People will still always watch tv you stubborn fuck. Also, sone graph you couldve faked is no real proof. Try again

People will always listen to radio too, that doesn't mean it's going to be the most popular method of playing music in a car

>the ability to near instantly access media at one's leisure
>a cheap fad
... user, I don't think you understand how people work. Convenience is a powerful selling point.

We already got the perfect version in BATB, no need to watch a cheap ripoff

CN being the usual shitbags they reduce it to 10 minutes of airtime a WEEK. So yeah, there's not much to talk about.
I enjoyed the Sid Sharp episode.
Usually I don't like Superman segments,
but this was fun.

I thought that the reason why people don't watch it is because of the weird schedule that CN has. It's never on whenever I try to check it out but the episodes I did watch online were pretty good.

People still like watching something on TV, and streaming is unsustanible. Reminder that netflix is 5billion in debt
google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/14/netflix-cfo-justifies-spending-6-billion-on-content-despite-companys-4-8-billion-debt.amp.html

It's sustainable if you pay per episode. :^)

Please, thankfull this is not TTGO.

JLA is more like Batman: Brave and the Bold, a light action-comedy show.

>netflix is in debt
user they hit 104 million subscribers this year.

That's nearly a billion dollars in revenue EVERY MONTH

They're in debt because they're spending money like fiends trying to fully corner the market.

They technically are new, but they get released OnDemand at the beginning of each month.

I love it. Props to the user who updates the mega with itunes rips every Sunday.

I like Justice League Action it has quality if you compare it to TTG

I didn't think it was possible to have taste this shit but congrats, OP, you broke the shit barrier.

A lot of shows have quality when compared to the shitheap that is TTG. Thankfully JLA can stand on its own without being compared to TTG.

Batman brave and the bold is hilarious
youtube.com/watch?v=tFb2NExVIWU

I hope The Question gets an episode

JLA is more akin to Marvel Superhero Squad than Brave and the Bold. Lots of fun takes on characters and free to play with anything from the DC universe, but the writing is still a bit too childish to really appeal to most of Sup Forums.

Liked the artstyle, decent animation, but the storylines/dialogue made me tune out after 2 minutes.

It's like watching trailers for a real episode.

It always surprises me when I run into people who think streaming is just a passing fad. What sort of a bubble do you people live in? Are you all 50 years old, or living in third world countries? I had to explain how Netflix works the other day to someone who barely understood what it was.

Streaming presents a massive shift in the way television content is distributed, and it isn't going away any time soon.

There's people who legitimately likes Korra "story", user.

Don't exaggerate.

Maybe this series is not the worst but it's pretty meh. Nothing compared to its predecessors, that's one thing true.

my nigga

Firestorm is so fucking annoying in this show.

>the writing or voice acting isn't DCAU levels of good
>no overarching plotlines to autist out over like Young Justice
>the show isn't as fun as Brave & The Bold
>the show isn't bad so no point to even shit on it like The Batman or TTGo

I get why some anons like it, but its just kinda there for me. I don't hate it and I'd watch it if it was ever actually on tv or netflix, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

Why does this show reuse so many episode ideas? You've got the Blue Beetle teams up with Batman episode, the Plastic Man proves his worth episode, the Booster Gold episode, the Atom goes inside someone's body episode...

Those threads are the only way I watch the show, maximum comfy

>grammer.
You're so deliciously incompetent at everything.

>meh

That's what I would use to describe it as well. Not good, but not bad, certainly not deserving or even worth hating.

Except that they brought Constantine to it, adding to the widespread rape of the character by DC.

And that I cannot forgive.

At least it's still better than Ultimate Spider-man.

Well, since they're competing for the under 10yo crowd, I'm going to out on a limb here and say it's not for us.

>when the villains seem to actually be making more sense

Sometimes I enjoy the show over the plot premises alone, like Booster turning Ollie's island into Dinosaur Island or Darkseid's debut has him against fucking Space Cabbie.

Nope - not that user, but having Batman in, for example, Justice League Dark was pointless, unnecessary and literally did DRAG that movie down. So I would be with this user: And Conroy is (AND sounds) way too old compared to the rest of the voice cast (unlike Hamill who doesn't sound bad as the Joker). Woods is OK as Lex but he also makes Lex sounds way older than everyone else on the site, at least the art style isn't pretending he's Young Lex the way they do with Conroy's Young Bruce.

It's got it's own style, different than JL/JLU, which is good, but it's NOT as good as Brave and the Bold.

You are mostly correct, so I will give you that. But you are using facts to, in a few small but in one significant instance, to try to make a point where it's arguably not justified by the facts you post.

THIS

Say what you want about this show, but the VA casting is absolutely perfect in every way.

Their take on a red sun episode was great too. The writers definitely know how to handle Superman.
youtube.com/watch?v=1P9XB-bol4U

There's also how great he is in the good cop bad cop short.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaK3DZ3v-WM