When you look at something with rose colored glasses, red flags just look like flags

>when you look at something with rose colored glasses, red flags just look like flags
FUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=urB-lCSruoo
youtube.com/watch?v=Seg35vjsp_Q
autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/large-study-parent-age-autism-finds-increased-risk-teen-moms
autismspeaks.org/family-services/epilepsy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Diane: You know, sometimes I feel like our marriage is a Magic Eye poster.
Mr. Peanutbutter: I love those things.
Diane: I know. And it's messy. And at first glance, it doesn't seem to make any sense. And it's hard to figure out! But sometimes if you squint at it just right, everything lines up and it's the most perfect, beautiful, amazing thing.
Mr. Peanutbutter: Yeah. I know what you mean.
Diane: But... (bursts into tears) I'm so tired of squinting.

FUCK

KCUF

I like PC's comment about Bojack just wanting a mommy he could fuck. That was a very good insult.

>tfw "Ruthie" episode where PC is imagining her fake great grand child
Bojack: "But it's fake"

Maybe I'm retarded for believing that PC could have a happy marriage and a kid, but that reveal really got to me. Feels bad mang.

That moment destroyed me. I didn't even realize how much I had been enjoying the episode under the belief that everything would work out in the end.

And then it never even cuts back to Ruthie. It's just over.

This but also the whole inner voice episode did it for me.
Hit too close.

Isn't that most men?

Same. I thought showing Ruthie was meant to soften the blow of the miscarriages because the audience knows it works out eventually. Nope.

>I'm so tired of squinting
Isn't she Vietnamese?

Thank god I'm not the only one who chuckled a little at an Asian complaining about "always squinting"

I knew Bojack is all about feels, but I was not expecting these kinds of f eels

this thread is too depressing
post jokes

HAAAAA, I love a good domestic abuse subversion

You guys wanna be sad? Watch Mr Sprinkles
youtube.com/watch?v=urB-lCSruoo
Some heavy handed stuff.

Is Bojack doing better?

>told his mom a nice lie instead of being a dick like he was going to
yes, he's not quite good yet but he's definitely better

Given that he had an opportunity for cathartic self-release in the way of telling his mother to fuck off when she recognized him at the end of the season and he didn't take it, instead choosing to give her comfort in her last days I'd say he has. Also accepting the job PC had for him, despite her saying "Listen, I fucked up and forged your signature," and not even hearing the pitch and having no idea what it was he'd be working on. Because BoJack realized that PC really HAS tried to do right by him in the past, and that for once he needs to be there for someone ELSE in their time of need.

I don't expect it to last forever, sometime next season Bea will die, or Diane and PB will divorce and it'll give BoJack the opportunity to do some really shitty shady shit with Diane or any number of other things which could knock BoJack off the wagon. But I do think that he's actually trying to make progress, and that Hollyhock really helped with that.

I think next season Bojack's life will get fucked again, but it won't really be his fault.

l just want Princess Carolyn to be pregnant.
I've never wanted a woman to get pregnant so much.

I think she'll probably end up adopting

>you will never impregnate Princess Carolyn in the back of a police car

I love this moment but I think the catalyst for it to happen was weak. Even in the next episode, bender!BoJack thinks he's talking to Todd and explains how Emily is grown woman who can make her own choices and how BoJack tried to help Todd get laid that night but didn't do it. So the writers are aware of this but still have Todd in the right for being mad about it. And since Emily was gone from this season I don't think it'll ever be resolved.

Todd was never going to have sex with her but he still loved her, and Bojack fucking her messed up their whole relationship and made everything awkward

>Jay Zebra didn't get a happy ending

I guess he really wanted to kill that fetus

It gave me an erection and made me think about PC being my mommy and letting me cum inside her every day before school.

Why live?

Why carry on?

They addressed it this season and Todd forgave Bojack for sleeping with Emily. Even he seemed to understand that it wasn't that big of a deal. It's everything else that he's still mad at Bojack for.

Like his cock opera?

>season 1 Bojack fucks things up with Herb because Herb won't forgive him
>season 4 Bojack apologizes to Todd, then accepts that Todd has a right to still be angry with him and they part on good terms
He's definitely learning from his mistakes.

Todd even says the same thing Herb did before their huge fight.

>It was good to see you again, BoJack

It's weird.

It's not even like a "I want to impregnate her myself and raise the kids with her" deal like usual, but fucking anybody being with her and giving her a child would be fine. I don't know how to feel about this.

So you remember they have the "1 fuck per season to show when something really bad happens"
What was it for season 4? I think I missed it

I kept asking myself how it was going to end up in a happy ending. I destroyed me to learn that was fake.
10/10 episode

this is what I'm expecting too.

A lot of people seemed to have missed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Seg35vjsp_Q

no, it's not. personally i like to fuck milf's because they are more okay with sex. younger women are uppity fucking snobs that think their pussy is gold or something.

i have plenty of friends who don't like older women and i don't get it. they'd rather stew in misery trying to get with younger women who don't enjoy sex as much

>women go after older men
>hypergamy exists

men like younger women. you do realize that men are attracted to mature teenage women, right?

maybe men just like to fuck. some men find women of all mature ages attractive

Are they ok with being called "mom"?
Though I think in context the mommy comment was more about being a lazy fuck who she had to take care of 24/7. Not exactly a good thing for a guy or woman to be fucking helpless in life.

She should go to a korean plastic surgeon.

Also stop being a bitch. It's her fault.

I think the joke is a lot more shallow, just running on the fact she's a cheetah and he's a zebra

>are they okay being called mom

the fuck? i don't know, i never asked.

>who she had to take care of 24/7

you're totally fucking off base, user. milfs are a great fuck, not an actual adopted mom.

>this is probably bait

>tfw Diane has a terrible life next season and she gets her own downward spiral episode

younger women make better babbies though

I'm at an age where my female friends / coworkers / my fucking sister are having kids and starting families. I'm ambivalent about having kids, and I'm 95% sure its not a fetish, but seeing people have success at having babies fills me with this warm, pleased feeling.

Maybe its just a human emotion we don't have a name for.

Princess Caroline deserves a family either way.

that's a myth that started in feudal france

Not true. Kids have a higher chance of autism and other problems if the woman is over 40.

>you're totally fucking off base, user.
I'm talking about Bojack Horesman. As in that's why she insulted him.

>verbally abusive mother gives son PTSD
>berates him for still desiring a female that loves him
>berates him for having a longing for nurturing

yeah, that's what happens when women abuse their kids. why do you think younger women date assholes? because their fathers were assholes

That's wrong. It's actually 35

autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/large-study-parent-age-autism-finds-increased-risk-teen-moms

>that scene in season 2 where child Bojack tries to smoke and Beatrice forces him to finish the cigarette
>she tells him: "I'm punishing you for being alive"
>see Season 4

Really changes how you see that scene. Didn't even catch this one until I read about it.

yeah, autism is actually affected by the father's old age mostly
all other forms of retardation, however...

>i didn't read the link

Horrifying side note: we don't know absolutely for sure what could trigger autism.

If it is environmental, there's little that can be done at this point.

I don't get it, sorry for being retarded.

The scene when Beatrice's mother forces her to drive as fast as possible stating: ''I want to feel alive!'' before they crash the car and eventually leads to her Mother's lobotomy.

It would mean a lot more if this was planned out and they weren't making shit as they go

>environmental

well, if you actually go to the CDC website, it says that some of the negative side effects for the MMR vax includes seizures.

there is a correlation between epilepsy and autism. maybe people shouldn't force medical decisions on people who might be genetically susceptible to the negative side effects. you don't have the right to force medical decisions on people

autismspeaks.org/family-services/epilepsy

Personally I think they planned to use the ''being alive'' line in the future and just found something appropriate to use it on. I doubt they planned the whole backstory since Season 2, but then again you never know.

Now I get it.

Thanks.

>you don't have the right to force medical decisions on people
you do if you have social healthcare. I don't want those people draining my money by getting really sick with horrible complications

well when the communists get their single payer be prepared to be told what you can and can't have. always funny these peabrains think that's not what happens when the government owns your only choice of healthcare

I want kids too, no mixed feelings on it, but I don't want to jump into that sorta thing without good money, a good home, and a good wife that can be a greater mother, while also adding on finding a gal that's willing to wait till marriage for sex and all that jazz. The problem is that I have none of these things, and will most likely be without one of the three unless I get a damn good position in life. Made worse when I want to do voice acting, which is the equivalent of doing odd jobs like mowing lawns for a living until I get recognized enough to have people come to me, and even then I still gotta do odd jobs.

I hope I can get that shit sorted out before it's "too late" in life to have kids or even find a wife. Fuck, I haven't even had a gf all through middle and high, and I'm still a gf-less goy even in collegg and I'm just about ready to leave the place. I don't really know how I'll even get started on that, which scares me.

Life story shitting aside, she does deserve someone and some kids. She needs some happiness in her life, but considering the show, I don't know if she'll ever get it.

I really don't get why of all the possible lines in this show this particular one gets shared as often as it does. It's not even particularly insightful or potent in the context of their relationship, it's just straight forward exposition with a lazy play on words.

What does Todd contribute to the show anymore?
What about Diane?

Diane served as the vessel for the audience to learn who Bojack is in the first season. Common writing device. Todd was comic relief and gave Bojack someone to riff of of and demonstrate his personality more. They were both devices for Bojack. That's why they feel so useless now. They have served their literary purposes.

I'm sorry to hear that user, I hope you can find someone someday. I can't really offer any real advice except that the exact right time will never come, and sometimes you need to take a chance; it is better than doing nothing. I genuinely wish you the best.

I want to frack Diane.

Todd? Not a lot beyond plot device and comedy, with a little bit of character development for the people around him more than for himself.

Diane? Her entire millennial character of being neither here nor there in terms of intelligence and wealth; everyone around her is distinctly better or worse off and she'll never be happy or satisfied. Also as a very necessary half of the Mr.PB relationship because his ignorance "balanced" with good natured character needs to be shown to be insufficient. Being a superficially nice guy, however genuinely nice, isn't enough to carry an actual interpersonal relationship either with a friend or a lover. It was also especially important this season because half his shtick was learning that his preposterous luck only gets him so far. She has to be problematic for him to learn that he can't coast through his life forever/for everything: he needs to learn to put in real thought and effort.

I was hating the Ruthie part because that felt like cheap fiction, to assure you everything would turn out fine eventually. About halfways through I started thinking it wasn't real or accurate, but couldn't figure out how it'd be explained away.
And then she says it's what she's thinking. And that made it work. And be sad.

She already spent weeks hiding at Bojack's while being a complete disgusting slob.
It wouldn't be her first rodeo at the downward spiral station.

I think "punishing you for being alive" was more about Bojack's entire existence and how he ruined her life. A constant reminder of her mistakes.

Am I the only one who wants to fug Diane's mouse boss?

I wanted to like Wanda, but that scene where she forced Mr. PB to make up with Bojack when he didn't want to "for the views" made me realize she was a soulless, greedy, cutthroat executive.

>yfw she's on board with Filbert

I really looked forward to how the office would rearrange and laughed at Diane poking her eye.

Fix your marriage, Mr. Peanutbutter.

It was just business, and Mr. PB would've made up with him anyway, just speed up the inevitable.

They really needed to show this throughout the series. Without this scene no one would know that Diane felt this way.

They said something similar in Evangelion.

We've been seeing constant signs since season 1. The pre-marriage stuff, hiding in Bojack's house, the abortion "agreement". Diane has never settled with Mr. Peanutbutter. She had doubts since the very beginning but he kept distracting her with his overwhelming mindless positivity..

das righ its all dat man's fault mmmmhmmm

It's only one study that means shit. Also maybe it's true but that doesn't make being an older mother (over 40) good. It would mean there's a sweet spot between older than teen and below 40 and that's comon sense anyway.

It's both of them. It's a relationship issue. At the very least it takes 2.

>At the very least it takes 2.
How heteronormative. Fucking bigots, go vote for clunk again

that end quote is probably one of roilands finest writing (assuming he did)

Not entirely true.

I'm actually diagnosed with and hindered by Autism, and my mom was 24-25 when she carried and had me.

I don't think you understand what "truth" is in regards to statistics. One example doesn't change the average significantly.

>there are like 3 r34 images of Diane
This show has a depressing lack of r34 in general

where was writing like this in the first couple episodes?? I dropped it way before I heard anything like this

bojack is a slow burner. you need to watch the entire first season to know if you'll like it.

First few episodes are trash. It turns real after Princess Caroline's birthday in S1.

Thanks. But the problem with it is that I don't even see any chances to take. Majority of gals are business associates only, and the others I met I don't like for various reasons or are taken. I just gotta "get out there" more and hope to find a girl of similar views and then take a chance to ask her out, which I then gotta figure out how to successfully do too considering my lack of a track record in asking girls out. Maybe look into clubs or something before I graduate. Just have to work it all out. But thank you. Wish you luck with your own endevours as well.

I never understood this phrase. Don't 'red flags' refer to visible warning signs that should tell you "this person is trouble and not in the fun way", hence the flag allegory?

>what are you thinking about?
>oh, just how nice things could have been if you had chosen this life

...yes. She's saying she couldn't see the obvious warnings because of her optimism.

what they mean when they say "men just want a mommy they can fuck" doesn't mean they want to fuck older woman, the want a woman that fills the role of their mothers, taking care of their every need while also being there for sexual desires. if you have a chance try to compare a mans wife with his mother, you will be surprised how similar they can be, and I don't mean physically.

Yeah.

If you want the full explanation looking at things when in love makes negative things seem less bad than they actually are. When you see them rationally, or without rose-tinted glasses, you can see the problems for what they are. Her statement is that with love is that you can't see the problems until it's too late for you to leave without already being heavily invested.