Doctor Aphra #12 (Sep 13)
Star Wars #36 (Sep 13)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yOCWFuVv710
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HYPE LEVELS MAXIMUM

>a batman v superman writer is working with JJ on 9

we are fucked

Good.

>implying BvS isn't confirmed kino

it's not, it was a shitshow

Synder is why BvS was bad, just like all his other movies.

Snyder can't into nuance, but the whole thing was not his fault. He didn't write the MARTHA scene, for instance.

A lot of the blame goes to the script.

You are going to be executed in the Geonosis arena via one of the beasts
Pick your method of death

Personally I'll take my chances with the mantis thing

That bull thing. Cause i can ride on top of it like anakin

Well, you can try

>implying Man of Steel was bad

It was a good action movie but a bad Superman story.

Padme

A clever loophole
I'll allow it

Can't argue with that. But everything else was solid.

I was gonna say crushed betwixt her thighs but ok

The shitposting, pottery and kino will be beautiful

Who the fuck is Jon Hamm and why is EW and the SW site wetting themselves over him being in the POV audiobook?

I stopped hating it when they explained it in a way that fit and expanded on nuances in Kylo's character. I also appreciate that Kylo actually put the vents to battle use in the movie. It made them less "rule of cool".

Speaking of, we got another story reveal for a character not in ANH, and the full cast list of the audio book, but not whose stories they are doing (other than Hamm voicing Boba's story):

Jonathan Davis
Ashley Eckstein
Janina Gavankar
Jon Hamm
Neil Patrick Harris
January LaVoy
Saskia Maarleveld
Carol Monda
Daniel José Older
Marc Thompson

Seriously?

He's Don Draper

>being illiterate
>paying to listen to a celebrity tell you a story

>Yoda during ANH
Oh shit that's fucking tight. I really hope we see him react to Alderaan getting snuffed out.

>audiobooks are for illiterate people
could you be more wrong?

Never watched any show or movie he was in.

Nice argument, cuntboy.

You're missing out - dude is talented. And honestly his comedy chops are probably even more entertaining than he was on Mad Men.

>NPH and a lot of literal whos

Damn, someone sure is triggered that people like to listen to audiobooks.

You realize we're talking about books written for children, right? Reading them doesn't make you any cooler than someone who listens to it.

What about blind people?

>Ashley Eckstein
>Janina Gavankar
>Marc Thompson
>literally whos
Two voice SW characters in animated things, and the same two did the audiobooks of their respective characters. Thompson is the main audiobook voice used for SW.

>Jon Hamm
>Literally who
Also, in the realm of Star Wars, Eckstein is about as far from a literally who voice actor as you can get.

>tcw va
falls under literal who

Audiobooks are for non-neets that don't have hours of free time a day to spend reading. They're for people that listen to stuff while doing other things (driving, working out, assorted chores) where reading a physical book is not possible.

>Thompson is the main audiobook voice used for SW
youtube.com/watch?v=yOCWFuVv710

Pretty cool to watch him work.

>disliking audiobooks
get a load of this newfag

Shit show kill yourself manchildren
Watch a real show like SU that at least has character building and plot that isnt just
>muh cucqueen

>in a star wars cartoons thread
what did he mean by this?

Not in a SW sense, user. Eckstein did five+ years of TCW and a year of Rebels voicing Ahsoka. She literally voiced Ahsoka longer than most actors in the movies had their voice associated to their characters without it being replaced by a sound-a-like.
Janina you could argue is a literally who, since she was only just brought into the fold as Iden Versio this year for EABF2 and the Inferno Squad audiobook.

Watch for this baiter to retreat to "wow you guys sure are easily triggered, I got you good!" after we sufficiently barbecue his bottom.

>books are for NEETs
wagecuck..... easy on the butthurt

Fuck off Sup Forums

are you kidding even Sup Forums knows who Ashley Eckstein is they have detailed reports on every cunny in hollywood

Oh shit

I can say having listened to Janina Gavankar in Inferno Squad, that she is actually a brilliant narrator. Better than most of the "official" ones. I'm glad that she seems to have a genuine interest in Star Wars.

Also, does this mean we might get a pre-ANH Iden story?

Ashley is not young though

This

>reddit castoff newfriend wants to shit up new /swco/ thread in the morning with stale Sup Forums forced memes that even they don't do any more
>doesn't even banepost
smhtbhfam

and there it is >wants

Barely two minutes after you posted this. Not sure if he did it intentionally or not. Either way, report and move on.

Nope. She's confirmed as reading Adam Christopher's story " End of Watch"

>Also, does this mean we might get a pre-ANH Iden story?
Not likely. She's just voicing some random Imperial in the POV book. We got good chunk of her backstory already in IS, and it's likely more might come in the BF2 story.

More likely that it'll be a during-ANH Iden story. Maybe it'll be a prequel to Inferno Squad in that we see her in the moments before Yavin

Fair enough, still excited.

Oh dang nevermind, disregard what I said

I am so, SO happy that this book is not limited to just ANH characters.

Don't get me wrong, I love that idea, and it harkens back to semi-silly EU cliche of every minor character getting their own story.

But 40 stories restricted by ANH would honestly be a waste, so I am glad that they're opting to include Yoda and Aphra and Breha and other characters. It feels like a hugely important and celebratory collaboration for not just ANH, but the entire canon.

>But 40 stories restricted by ANH would honestly be a waste, so I am glad that they're opting to include Yoda and Aphra and Breha and other characters. It feels like a hugely important and celebratory collaboration for not just ANH, but the entire canon.
I really feel like this is the coolest thing they've done with canon since the wipe.

I wonder if they'll do the same for ESB and ROTJ in the future.

They've already done a couple short story collections, just nothing on this scale.

I doubt they'll do another one this big, but there is a collection of Canto Bight stories coming out later this year.

I would be a lot more interested in one for Jedi, seeing a bunch of people in the immediate aftermath of DS2 explosion. We caught a little bit of that in the first Aftermath interludes, but more detail would be cool.

Idk what I'd really want to see from ESB though, other than some more POVs at Hoth, but we already kinda got that in Inferno Squad. Otherwise, there's not really a major event for a bunch of wallpaper characters to react to.

what we need is one for in between ESB and ROTJ

Also I'd like to see stories circa ESB surrounding the Rebellion not at Hoth, but already at another base or space fleet, and stories in the immediate aftermath of ROTJ showing successful overthrows of the Imperial regime

I've been wanting 5-6 content for a while now. It's the era I'm most curious about.

Also, once the main comic starts to head towards Hoth I'm gonna lose my shit.

>Also, once the main comic starts to head towards Hoth I'm gonna lose my shit.
I've got some good news for you

Surprising no one, Greedo gets a story.

>finish reading Star Wars #12
>see this

I'm not quite what to read next. Why did they mix the series this way?

>Greedo shoots first confirmed for the millionth time
purists on suicide watch

Its a comic book crossover, you think thats bad, I have seen cases where like 6 comics come to a fucking halt to cross-over in like 16-part events and shit. Not fun.

Just follow those issues as instructed. Vader #1 is a special standalone issue, and then you alternate between the main comic and the Vader comic

It's a crossover. Welcome to comics.

Luckily, Star Wars keeps it pretty chill with the crossovers, only crossing over the two main series, only doing it seldomly, and making the flow pretty easy to follow. You should see the shit Marvel does with their big events.

Oh shit, is this happening soon? I figured it would be AT LEAST until issue 50.

They said they're probably gonna work at getting to Hoth around 40-50, it's not gonna happen overnight but it is going to happen sooner than we expect.

>Oh shit, is this happening soon? I figured it would be AT LEAST until issue 50.

Not long ago, it was revealed that not only was the main comic getting a staff change, but that the plot would be progressing closer to ESB. They're going to start looking for a new Rebel Base. There's also going to be a special mini-series later this year tied to the main comic where Luke travels to Crait as a potential Base location.

I suspect after this, the comic will end, and they'll start a new post-ESB series from Issue #1.

>I have seen cases where like 6 comics come to a fucking halt to cross-over in like 16-part events and shit
you are like little baby

Thank god I dont read Marvelshit

Very cool, thanks.

My original hope was that the current era runs until 50, 75, or 100, where they do an oversized Hoth issue that leads up to and includes some of ESB.

And then yeah, either relaunch with a new #1 (you know how Marvel loves to do that), or just continue with 51, 76, 101, whatever taking place after ESB.

What the fricc

audiobooks are a great inbetween of movies and books. The skill of an actor can really contribute to making the story come alive. It's also nice that you can enjoy them while doing other things such as walking or vacuming.

Honestly, as much of a casual as it makes me, I fucking love comic book crossovers. I got into the Marvel Universe by reading all the Avengers titles from Disassembled to House of M to Civil War to Secret Invasion, then after I'd started reading there was Siege, Fear Itself, AvX, Infinity, and Secret Wars... and I feel like I've left a couple out.

The Avengers books follow the "main" plot of the Marvel U, and then you get to check in on the other people when the crossovers come around.

It's a shitty way to tell stories for individual characters though. When Thor's comic has to keep getting interrupted by big events, you don't have the ability to tell your own stories. I remember when JMS was writing Thor, he was pissed that Thor was getting pulled into Siege, and Marvel was basically like "we gave you a year on your own!" ... he only had ~15 issues without getting interrupted by an event.

I like the idea of them more than I like any actual executed crossovers.

I sort of enjoyed the Star Wars ones though, because they're much simpler.

I remember reading DC ones and thinking "Some of this is cool, but they could have cut out like 6 of these characters and it would have been better."

>I like the idea of them more than I like any actual executed crossovers.
Yeah, the stories are rarely great when you've got a committee of writers outlining the main thing all with their own interests, and then you have 5-20 other writers having to shoehorn in their own characters.

I kind of liked the way it worked in Avengers vs X-Men (pic related). Yeah, there was a ton of shit to keep up with, and a lot of the tie-ins were superfluous, but other than Wolverine, it was only team books that tied in. All the individual writers got to do their own shit.

Unfortunately, the event was mostly shit, because the main miniseries had 3 different writers and at least as many artists, and the conflict was hamfisted as hell. But the idea was nice

Oh wait, I'm retarded - it wasn't even Wolverine's solo book, it was WatXM, so it didn't have ANY solo characters.

But boy did it include fucking EVERYONE in that story. 7 team books, each featuring completely different characters, all crossing over in one mega story. Oof.

>Jar Jar story
mite b gud
>Wil Wheaton
>MFW

It's fake user. Pic related is Wheaton's actual story.

Ah, fair enough.
Still hate the cocksucking twat though

Who is he and why do you hate him?

I'd unironically prefer the jar jar story

He's regained recent internet fame by being a Joss-Whedon-esque male feminist orbiter, but his far more odious claim to nororiety is being the annoying kid Wesley Crusher on Star Trek TNG, another fantastically terrible decision on a show that consists pretty much entirely of awful decisions.

I see, thanks for clarification

>on a show that consists pretty much entirely of awful decisions.
While Wesley was a really annoying character, the show it's self started getting pretty good starting halfway through season 3.

The show was no different in season 7 than it was in season 1, aside from the special effects and filmstock quality.

Mmmm

What's funny is that there are so many people in SW whose main claim to fame is being in Star Wars, but they seem so much more chill than Wil Wheaton, who is more than happy to brag about being on TNG.

What's the point of this one?

hnnnnnnnng
This HAS to be a series of one shots. I cannot accept that this kino is relegated to just one book.

It'll likely be focusing on the ISB officer that tortured Leia, not the droid itself.

What's Wendig's story about?

You're posting this to be cute. A quick google search would've showed you Mad Men, one of AMC's most popular shows following Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.

The barkeep at the cantina

literally just hoth with red shit everywhere

WHAT THE FUCK?

THAT LUKE OUTFIT?

OH GOD I WANNA CUM, DICE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, YOU BETTER BE SEEING THIS TOO

Never heard of it :^)

He's comfortable bragging about being the most hated person on TNG at that, at least some people enjoyed Jar Jar, nobody enjoys a whining nasally bratty teenager crying for mommy every time his feefees get hurt or his chest gets impaled by a native spear or he de-evolves into a baboon, or whathaveyou. And now he's nothing more than a political mouthpiece, he doesn't even do his "job" (acting) anymore. I could tolerate him otherwise, but a has-been child actor making a living writing fanfiction and hosting youtube streams? Please.

It's Geonosis with a layer of salt instead of sand, and without the bug spires.