Remember me, Sup Forums? remember how much fun we used to have? what happened to that?

remember me, Sup Forums? remember how much fun we used to have? what happened to that?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxbox.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what happened to that?
You died and everyone misses you.

I remember watching Digimon every morning right before school.

You abandoned us

Redpill me on Jetix, why was it so much better than FoxKids and XD?

I remember staying up til midnight when the channel was going off until morning. Fun times, my dad always screamed at me.

Didn't Jetix start off as FoxKids?

XD was after TV shows started getting all turned into bright, shiny things for the generic Tumblr generation.

FoxKids turned into Jetix, which was exactly the same but better, i don't even think they killed any former shows when they changed brand. It was in turn assimilated into the big mouse machine and turned into XD when disney needed a meme channel they could shove into everyone's faces

>XD is literally just DC but with a cartoon every now and then
fun is dead and disney killed it

Kids WB and FoxBox started out top-tier because the censors still weren't doing their jobs at the time, and FoxBox was bringing over pseudo-seinen while WB managed to grab fucking Pokemon. When FoxBox got replaced to 4Kids, it started gobbling up whatever shounen it could, since Digimon was having a harder time competing with Pokemon, while Kids WB started picking up generic Western shit because the soccer moms finally had a way to complain more vocally and the censors had to actually work. Disney managed to get the rights to its own cartoon block, and they had surprisingly less-shit Western shows than what Kids WB was churning out, meaning KWB started to fall by the wayside since people would only tune in for Pokemon and then switch over for what Disney had. 4Kids, meanwhile, started to become an astronomical joke thanks to soccer moms panicking over Shaman King being "demonic", and their censoring pretty much castrated them. Jetix showed up on the scene taking KWB's audience participation idea and cranking that shit all the way up to 11, as well as carrying over shows 4Kids was too scared / too poor to keep carrying, and by this time Disney got too scared of backlash to do anything exciting after their frontload cartoons started to migrate to their cable service, so that died off in favor of Jetix.

Didn't everyone hate Jetix because it killed Toon Disney and made them get rid of all of the old 80s and 90s cartoons? Did people actually like it?

Jetix, Toon Disney and Cartoon Network all coexisted in perfect harmony

then the XD nation attacked

Disney XD attacked

Most people outside of the US didn't even have Toon Disney, just Jetix

Fox Kids in the Netherlands had all the cool stuff from the US, with a bunch of early anime series aimed at teen audiences as well.

Then came Jetix, which was more focused on children's stuff and the obscure anime were removed in favor of whatever was popular at the time.

Disney XD was the nail in the coffin here, and fully focused on pre-teen series/live-action shit like iCarly.

The US is the only country that matters for many things, including this.

It wasn't, it's all nostalgia-pandering fuckwits trying to push their deluded viewpoints onto people who know better
it was just as shitty as the disney channel we have now, we've just become older

I never liked you. Your name was a poor attemp to sound awesome and cool, and you played CG garbage like Get Ed or Dragon Racers.

Unless you're the channel, not the programming block. In which case you weren't in America, so...who are you?

FoxBox was all 4Kids garbage

Fox kids is when it was good

FoxBox? foxbox.io/

I remember you had Digimon Frontier and SRMTHFG

The only 2 things I really watched on Jettix, and it was all I needed. I wish SRMTHFG was talked about more on Sup Forums

4kids garbage and TMNT. And I guess Kirby. And Ultimate Muscle.

>FoxBox was bringing over pseudo-seinen while WB managed to grab fucking Pokemon
>Kinnikuman
>Kirby
>Fighting Foodons
>Shaman King
>F-Zero
>GI Joe Sigmas 6
>One Piece
>Tokyo Mew Mew
>Sonic X
>pseudo-seinen
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

If you did,you'd know that all the FoxBox anime were 4kids hacks, just like Pokemon, and that they didn't "replace" the FoxBox.

Fox Kids was ran by Saban, when Saban jumped ship and sold his kidvid holdings to Disney, Fox gave the block to 4kids, who revamped it as the FoxBox. FoxBox was ALWAYS 4kidsTV essentially.

>sold his kidvid holdings to Disney,

Eh, not really him. He wasn't as involved by that point. It was the rest of the company, bleeding money and desperate for a way to stop it.

cultural marixsm

Jetix took over practically the whole network, friend. Toon Disney was dead long before Disney XD happened.

My fellow man if West African descent.