Why is Zim so cute?

He's just downright adorable

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6lHjF7b_4D4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For the purpose of irony

The Artstyle doesn't pull of making things look terrifying or scary very well. Even things that should be genuinely horrifying or awe spitting like Zim after stealing all the kids Organs or the Tallest's flagship come off either funny or kind of cute looking.

>Implying the cute designs don't make it MUCH better

It's a funny juxtaposition. If Zim was this manly villain like in the pic it wouldn't be nearly as funny to watch him get the shit kicked out of him or act like a small child, yet steal people's organs.

Just wait and see how "cute" he is when he sells our race to slavery and turns the Earth into a parking lot

Zim wanted to be ruler as king of the planet, it was the almighty tallest who see no value in earth and only want it to be a parking lot

Zim has one of those designs that can make him terrifying or cute depending on the context

of course the art style really helps keep you on edge

I didn't said it didn't make it better. Just that it didn't look terrifying.

But making it terrifying would be dumb.

Well if you think he's such a threat, why don't you science up your own army to stop him with the power of science instead wasting your time harassing him every day? That would surely be a much more effective use of your time and better at defending against this world ending threat you keep speaking of.

I know, I was saying why it's cute instead of terrifying, not making any statements one way or the other.

Membrane probably knows about Zim on a subconscious level. He's just too into his work to give him second thought.

>The Artstyle doesn't pull of making things look terrifying or scary very well

Bullshit.
youtube.com/watch?v=6lHjF7b_4D4

>T. Professor Membrane trying to get Dib into real science again by connecting it with his insane hobby.

earth is an insane place.

I still think it looks kind cute. Especially since you can confuse Gaz's lack of a lower jaw with her having a massive overbite making her look kinda Doofy. Prof. M does look badass though.

To be honest, this would actually have a chance of working, considering that Dib is a prodigy with mental abilities close to that of his father (as would have been shown in the Mopiness of Doom). It would be a more sensible approach for Dib to take his time to either Science himself up some gadgets to help him get the evidence he needs, make some contingency plans or devices should Zims plans actually succeed or the rest of the Irken fleet decide to pay a visit, or just build up an army of clones and/or robots to break into Zim's house by force and kidnap him for dissection, rather than just stalk him 24/7 and Rush in guns blazing everytime he does something suspicious. The only obstacle is whether Dib would be able to see the sensibility of this.

If Zim ever became a serious threat to his work or his kids, he would probably vaporize him, or worse, without a moment's thought. I'm betting he's just glad that Dib being obsessed with Zim means he's focusing on things of a more SCIENTIFIC nature than hoaxes and the supernatural.

im so hype about the new invader zim "thing" coming soon

So what your saying is that the only thing stopping Dib from succeeding is Dib himself? He really is a parallel to Zim.

Skoodge > Zim

You are objectively wrong

>Dib sees the logic in this
>Starts spending more time helping Prof. Membrane to learn about REAL SCIENCE and less time hunting Zim
>Zim notices that Dib isn't being as insanely frantic and stalkers as he usually is, and, suspecting something sinister afoot, decides to spy on Dib for a change
>He Finds Dib has been creating an army of Clones and and outfitting them with gadgets and vehicles of his own creation.
>Zim, not one to lose any sort of Competion, let alone an Arms race, smrushes back home to whip up his own defense force to protect him from Dib's
>Starts demanding more Irken Weaponry, defunct or otherwise
>Uses his Irken Science capabilities to jury rig the malfunctioning war machines the Tallest send him into functionality again, or create his own
>Pushes his Flesh Pits into overdrive to serve as infantry/meatshields.
>Ends up inadvertently taking over several arts of town to get the resources and facilities he needs.
>Both keeping building up their armies, waiting for the inevitable fight to break out
>And so begins Dawn of War: Zim Edition

Zim is Dib's only friend. When they stop seeing each other in Mopiness of Doom both of them get very depressed.

I'm pretty sure Jhonen destroyed that possibility in the Comics, When Dib was kidnapped by aliens who thought he was Zim's best friend even though both Zim and Dib denied it and Zim just watched and laughed his ass off while they tortured him.

Torture is not the same as death.

Then afterwards, Zim only comes to Dib's rescue just so he can rip open his stomach and get the serum that Dib stole from him.

This is good.

There was also issue 12 where Future Zim left Dib to rot to death in prison. I wouldn't mind them being friends, but I personally think they are better off as eternal rivals.

I prefer rivalry as well, but that scene in issue 12 does make a lot of sense in their dynamic. Zim only liked Dib because he offers him a challenge. As soon as Zim took over the Earth despite Dib's best efforts, he became irrelevant to Zim and thus leaving him in the dungeons to rot was the best and most logical conclusion.

Future Aim was also different in many ways from Regular Zim. Enough that even Zim, narcissist that his is, thought he was an asshole.

I see Future Zim as an older, experienced Zim, as much of an asshole as he was. I liked that we never got to see how he took over the Earth so there could be a chance the future could repeat itself.

Shit, Now I kinda wanna see an Invader Zim RTS.
>Dibs Infantry mainly consists of regular little Foot sloggers who can be upgraded and provided different Equipment to suit their needs (like StealthSuits, jet-packs, and even some magical artefacts)
>Not very strong and Wimpy in a fist fight (like Dib) they rely on their Gadgets to pull them through and account for their weaknesses
>Dib's Vehicles are low Tech, which is a double edged sword as they aren't as OP pls nerf as Zim's but can be made more easily and are therefore more numerous, allowing them to overwhelm the Enemy with Firepower.
>Also Dibnought

>Zim's Army on the other hand consists of Creature from his Bio-Oven with extensive Genetic and Cybernetic Modifications to improve their durability and combat effectiveness
>Each individual unit is highly specialized, meant for fighting and excelling in specific areas
>Modified Agrillators with extra speed and armor function as fast melee rush units.
>Buckets with explosives built into them to function as living, mobile, land mines or suicide units
>Gorguses with blasters for aerial support
>Heavily modified Slops and and Eller Friends turned into living weapons puking out Toxin/acid and melded with robotic platforms for movement to function as Close Ranged support and Artillery respectively
>Zim's Junkyard Irken Vehicles are much rarer, but much more High tech and deadly,
>However, because these things are Jury rigged and the Zim factor, they have a chance to go haywire.

What other factions can we add?

Probably an Army for Gaz and Tak to get the main characters out of the way. Maybe bring in the Resisty and Pants Aliens from the comic.

Well the closest thing to it that can happen to a Jhonen work I guess. No positive human emotions between characters will ever happen in Jhonen works. Even if it does it will eventually be destroyed or the characters will murder each other. Of course. I think I even remember him saying once no characters will ever like each other and if they do it will still end terribly because relationships always turn to shit in real life.

Tell me about Membrane, why does he wear the goggles?

His eyes are swollen

He's a tall guy.

I wonder what would happen if Zim met Berg-Katze from Gatchaman Crowds.
And speaking of which, I really would have wanted Katze to be the protagonist of Gatchaman Crowds. His personality is a basically a gay drag queen version of Zim with superpowers. He was very wacky, but very destructive. I had more fun watching him than any other character in this show. We don't get villain protagonists very often which is sad.
Zim is great, but I wish we had more evil alien protagonists.

>tfw you just want zim, dib, gaz, tak, skoodge, and possibly squee and pepito to set aside their petty rivalries and become a fun team of misfits a la jimmy neutron or frankenweenie and it will never happen because jhonen is too much of an edgelord

That's what fanon is for user
we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams

It's beautiful. I always picture them hanging out at Zim's moon base after school when they're in high school.

big eyes

Well it could be worse. He could be a sad sack like Harmon and shove his "Boo-hoo, muh depression" in there too.

Isn't Katze a hermaphrodite?

It's probably bullshit because I could never find any place that confirmed the fact, but does anyone else find the idea of Zim being 15 (in Irken years) to Dib's probably 11 or 12 really funny?

The idea that Zim is essentially a tiny high school freshman with a psychotic rivalry against a middle schooler really amuses me for some reason.

>Tak, returning to Earth with a new Plan and a Score to settle, is pleasantly surprised to find the two idiots who foiled her last time, preparing for Total War with each other, too busy to notice her as she slips in and re-establishes herself on earth with relative ease
>This Surprise turns less pleasant however, when she realizes that her Carefully formulated plan is being jeapordized by the wanton Destruction caused from their fighting
>What's worse, at the Rate they're going, Dib and Zim will end up destroying what is supposed to be her redeeming offering to the Tallest!
>Utilizing whatever resources she Has on hand, she stop both of them, or at least ensure that it's only each other they destroy, before it's too late

>Tak, unlike Zim, is a much more proper Invader, and having had plenty of time to prepare, made sure to procure an arsenal of of Alien Weaponry before returning, as a contingency.
>However, being a proper invader, Tak had planned to work in the shadows, using Politicking and Sabotage to subtly Take control of the planet before the Humans even realized what was going on, not fight in an all out War.
>Tak's army would rely on Speed and Stealth, being mostly automated drones and robots with heavy high-tech weaponry and cloaking devices, but little in the way of armor
>Her Vehicles would also follow this Trend, being highly mobile but delicate Glass Cannons.
>Fortunatly for her, her influence on Earth allows her to use the old Irken trick of making the enemy unwittingly work towards their own subjugation.
>Tak would also be able to use Deelishus Weenie Security personnel in her army.
>Although comparatively much weaker, poorly trained, and poorly equipped than the enemies they face, there replicability allows for Tak to use them as Cannon Fodder, distractions, and Disposable scouts, while her Real army silently and swiftly accomplishes the real work.

I like to think Gaz wears cute PJs even as an adult.

Hes symmetrical and has very large eyes proportiante to his head. Youre hardwired to think hes cute.

aw I like this idea.

As do I user.

Only in the original Gatchaman series.

I have no idea what this character's about.