Reading through Glory from issue 1 out of extreme boredom

>reading through Glory from issue 1 out of extreme boredom
>suddenly this

What the fuck just happened to the comic I was reading?

>Read more FREE comics on ReadComicOnline
We should be like Sup Forums with this IMO.

Anyway I don't know OP but that cover looks sick. Ross-now-Sophie Campbell is a good artist IMO, even if the books veer into blatant fetish pin-up territory.

Keatinge and Campbell happened. At least we got one top tier semen alien out of it.

Picked the fuck up.

It got better. So much fucking better.

Pic related is where you should have stared in the first place.

i don't like over the top grimdark, grotesque bullshit thanks

they should have just made a different comic if they were going to change it so much anyways

What do you mean "suddenly"? Glory was cancelled in 1997 with #22 for Alan Moore's Judgment Day crossover that was meant to revamp the Awesome Comics universe. But the revamp didn't last very long and Awesome Comics went under.

Glory was rebooted in 2012 and resumed numbering with #23.

If you want a continuation of the pre-Judgment Day Glory, it doesn't exist. However, Moore did publish one Preview issue of his revamp of Glory and then two more issues were published under Avatar Press some years later, so if you just can't get enough Glory, there's a little more. But also a lot of the ideas in Moore's Glory ended up in Promethea.

>they should have just made a different comic if they were going to change it so much anyways
The relaunch was made more than a decade later, and absolutely nobody gave a shit about old glory by then.

all the more reason to just make a new comic lmao

>i don't like over the top grimdark, grotesque bullshit thanks
Why were you reading a Rob Liefeld-created character drawn by Ed Benes and Mike Deodato, then?

>I was reading this comic and all of a sudden it stopped being shit! WTF?!

because i dont know shit about comics and it looked nice

The whole point of the Exrreme Reboot was to rejig things.

The whole point of the Extreme revamp of 2012 was to build upon what existed before. Making nuGlory a completely different comic book would have been missing the point monumentally.

Aye, and the Youngblood revamp was stilted by Liefeld's insistence on keeping that the same.

The current relaunch is more in like with Revamped Glory and Prophet in terms of zest.

Absolute bottom-barrel taste

and that wouldnt have been an issue if they had just made a whole new comic

i dont understand the need for everyone to reboot everything all the time

Confirmed.

The SJWs win again LMAO

I'm with you user. The reboot wasn't what Glory was

Graham has said he would love to come back and do a comic about the Youngblood team that was briefly in his Prophet

That'd be great, and I hope this current run lasts a good chunk of issues as well.

How has the relaunch been so far?

Pretty entertaining. Not very "Extreme" in the way we all know, but definitely puts the "Young" into Youngblood something fierce. That it takes some notes from Moore's stuff helps matters.

I hate the art. It's so bland and generic.

It's trying to appeal to a new generation, because apparently young people like things that are staid and predictable

terrible?

I wouldn't go that far. It was badly written but there were tits and the art was good. Overall a solid 5.5/10. But they threw all that out for a book that was a 6/10. Not worth losing the original fans imo.

>the art was good
I'm not going to stand for people saying Rob Liefeld knockoff 90s art was good

take your shit taste and fucking go

For your information Benes and Deodato weren't Liefeld knockoffs, they were Lee knockoffs. You're the one who should leave, between the two of us I'm the one who has read a comic before.

>but there were tits
Low standards. Are you a sex-starved teenager or something? There's way better cheesecake out there in any case.
>and the art was good. Overall a solid 5.5/10. But they threw all that out for a book that was a 6/10
Holy shit taste, Batman.

>Are you a sex-starved teenager or something?
I was back then, yes.

90s Image was just one big circlejerk of everyone's art looking the same

>Holy shit taste, Batman.
What was so special about reboot Glory? The art was fine but the story went nowhere. You could argue that the writing and the art were probably better than the original series but in no way is it worth more than the 7.

>a 7/10
fixed.

pretty sure he's calling your taste shit for thinking the original Glory's art good

Well, if he's actually read it he's entitled to that opinion, but what I'm saying is that it's not like the reboot series is such an untouchable masterpiece that it was worth throwing out everything that made the original successful. If you look at Brandon Graham's Prophet, that's a really good comic that also stays more or less in line with the ideas and appeal of the original. That's the kind of reboot Glory should have been.