Fighting American: Rules of the Game

Because I've lost control of my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EtMQhTxR6t4?t=34
youtube.com/watch?v=9ly35NQfZw8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous thread Informative background information

Is this a re-imaging of that commie bustin' Simon/Kirby hero?

Oh man, you have no idea.
Liefeld got canned from Cap: Reborn, and didn't want to let go is the easiest answer

Yep. Liefeld and Loeb worked on Marvel's Heroes Reborn Captain America revamp, then left Marvel, purchased the rights to Fighting American and repurposed art/scripts into the previous thread.

Check out that link in my second post for a thread of the really interesting backstory to all this, which is a lot more interesting than the comic itself.

Now we have Ed McGuinness on art so maybe this one will be good.

This unfortunately has got me super interested in the rest of the Awesome Comics universe, a dark rabbit hole from which I don't know if I'll return alive.

Wow, telling a robot to get a life? Insensitive.

They forget to mention that Johnny Flagg had a scrawny brother called Nelson, whose mind was transferred to Johnny Flagg's body, after Johnny was murdered. I've have a collection of those old comics. There's a rough Kirby in those pages, defining himself, and some weird stories.

Captcha: stop pronto
Too late for that

I, too, picked up a TPB of Kirby's Fighting American a few months back for a couple bucks, I need to get around to reading it soon.

No, Liefeld is a fucking idiot and asked if he could use the Kirby character. Instead he ended up stealing it and Cap and continued to use it until the backlash was too big. Liefeld is an idiot

Loeb has always loved General Ross, I guess.

>Poison Ivan

>Hotsky Trotski

False advertising

He literally has an explosion-proof trap door in the middle of a farm field

More Rob self-fellatio

Skipped some ads for Judgment Day, which I've always wanted to read. Maybe someday.

Judgement Day is great, but it needs to be read in conjunction with Moore's Supreme.

>More Rob self-fellatio
I really want to read his Image biopic screenplay.

I'm starting to wonder what Ed Piskor saw in the man.

Supreme is DEFINITELY on my list, I'll probably finally get to it this weekend

Whoops, this was supposed to be a spread

Well, when you read Moore's Supreme you'll know the right place to read Judgment Day.

I'm such a big Moore fan, I probably should have read it a long time ago.

Damn, that's some amazing dialogue right there.

Courtesy of award-winning writer Jeph Loeb

Well, Moore' Supreme is cool. The 2012 revamps of Glory and Prophet are pretty good too.

See, it's like poetry, they rhyme

Supreme: Blue Rose is pretty good, as well.
And I'll keep on supporting the new Youngblood, which takes cues from Moore's stuff.

I've wanted to read Moore's short stint on Glory for a long time, as a fan of both Moore and Wonder Woman.

It feels like this is some kind of a racial caricature, but I can't place it.

Prophet hardcovers never

youtu.be/EtMQhTxR6t4?t=34

Didn't he only write like one issue of that?

Two issues were later done by Avatar Press

OH SHIT TITLE DROP

>SNIKT
>TKINS
HE ACTUALLY DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

He did one issue of the post-Judgment Day relaunch, but a couple years later he published some more under Avatar Press, but still only like two issues.

Dumb Loeb, everyone knows the reverse "snikt" is "snakt"

he-He's FAST!

Haha, so he has commie PTSD

>Invisible Irving
These names are simply perfect

>you will never be so rich and so obese that bimbos will just walk around on your back like a patio deck
;_;

Is that grey potato that transmutates people going to show up too? What about Super-Khakalovitch?

Now this is a manga character

Meant for this page

A FUCKING SZARKAI

We never see crazy air splits like this in comics anymore!

>FAP

So this is clearly proto-Ultimate Cap, right?

You know, this isn't the most original and exciting thing ever, but I bet if it got to go on for a few years longer it could have been pretty good. There's potential here in the dynamic between Flagg and SPICE.

Ten septillion hours in paint

At least with this art it's nice to look at. And the old school villains are pretty crazy.

I mean, fucking look at this guy!

Like a lot of Image characters this is pretty much "[Marvel/DC character], but now he kills people", which does have interesting potential. I personally LOVE WildStorm, for example.

>I personally LOVE WildStorm, for example.

When you have Deathblow and Grifter you have it all.

>DOUBLE HEADER!
youtube.com/watch?v=9ly35NQfZw8

SMASH being a General gave me Rulk dejavu

Zealot and Voodoo are one of my favorite character dynamics

YES

Oh my god

HE FUCKING RODE A MISSILE TO HIS FRONT DOOR

>original
Simon admitted he and Kirby just slapped a costume and a name on a muscled guy and called it a day. Those guys were interchangeable.

Well, that was anticlimactic...

>All according to keikaku

I'm not sure if Cold War ever actually came out... there's another mini called Dogs of War, though.

Jada Pinkett Smith. Had. Her. Own. FUCKING. COMIC.

Thanks for reading, folks.

What the fuck kind of name is Speedboy

Prep work for Fish Money

>Jada Pinkett Smith
who?

>Unless your programming is lacking in how to milk cows, there's nothing for you here.
Uh, is that a double negative? It implies that there's anything for her here ONLY if her programming is LACKING in the milking cow category.

Was Loeb drunk when he wrote that? Or did he just not give a fuck?