How can Rick and Morty be improved?

How can Rick and Morty be improved?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rb5EfPVK8XQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

By ending and being cancelled forever

Stop with all the "DEEPEST LORE", excessive gore substituting humor, and shock humor like "I wish incest was mainstream xDDD". We're reaching Family Guy levels of low effort catering. Stop trying so hard to impress people and let the show be the wacky shitpost it was always meant to be.

By making Rick the mascot of a crappy food company.

If they can maintain the quality level of the Whirly Dirly conspiracy then I would say it will go down as a great show. If they maintain the quality level of Ricklantic Mixup then it will go down as one of the best shows ever made.

The latter is very unlikely, but I think the former is possible, so long as they don't repeat the mistakes of that awful 4 episode stretch after Rickshank Redemption

By getting rid of the hatedom that secretly loves it anyway. It's a legitimately cultural touchstone of this decade.

Rick should convert to christianity

Cannot improve purrfection.

Meowre funding.

Japanese animew deal.

This. I'm a massive contrarian piece of shit, and even I don't even TRY to hide my love for this show. I do make criticisms, and point out how shitty all of the characters are, especially Rick, but that just makes it all more rewarding to talk about. Sometimes I actually don't like watching the show because it puts me in a bad mood, but I'm always exited for a new episode. The latest episode really got me fired up. The season premiere did, too, but they've played it too many times and it has become stale.

replace our Rick with Cool Rick

You really are right. Sup Forums pushes the Reddit aspect really hard, but R&M is one of the most talked about shows irI that I know of. At least in my experience.

The most commonly aped criticisms of it either made up (atheism is not a prevalent theme) or the product of biased scrutiny. So many people jerk themselves off as they try to dissect how episodes like Rick Potion #9, Auto Erotic Assimilation, Rickshank Redemption, Rickle In Time, Council Of Ricks, Tales From The Citadel, Total Rickall and Meeseeks And Destroy are, like, totally contrived and uncreative. They do this by naming off tropes that are used, since only shitty writers use tropes. Yet these contrarians never think to apply that same scrutiny to Bojack Horseman, which has never given us a moment like Simple Rick's Cookies or Roy.

Also, I hate the nickname Reddit And Memey. It should be /r/ick And M'orty.

Chatposting has gone too far

>I hate the nickname Reddit And Memey. It should be /r/ick And M'orty.
That would require the people hating it to think about it a little bit more than just using copypasta.

PICKLE

Not even close to FG level. I still think the show is great and on par with Futurama.

fpbp

By forcing you fucks to make a general thread instead of constantly having like 10+ threads up at a time.

Each episode is a different Rick and Morty

>on par with Futurama
Maybe Comedy Central Futurama.

by introducing characters other than alternate universe versions of existing characters. how many times can they do this?

Make Rick less overpowered. I like the show overall but we need him to lose.

>Stop with all the "DEEPEST LORE"
That's kind of Dan Harmon's thing in a nutshell

>excessive gore substituting humor, and shock humor like "I wish incest was mainstream xDDD"
That's the kind of humor Roiland has always used in his stuff. The show kind of came from a sketch about Doc Brown telling Marty McFly to suck his balls.

This is exactly what a show created by Harmon and Roiland was always meant to be.

Agreed. Him being "the smartest mammal in the universe" is kind of stupid. Obviously there has to be one, but it's not as interesting when he's in total control of almost every situation, no matter what random planet he's on.

fucking fire dan harmon, he's such a shithead

Low effort bait, yet I'm responding. Well done. Now you can go to bed satisfied with your day.

>with Cop Rick
ftfy

Yes, he was more fallible originally and it was better for it. One of the first amazing episodes was about him fucking up repeatedly and eventually abandoning the dimension.

OH GEEZE! I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE, RICK!
I'M PICKLE MORTYYYYYYY!

Less Rickwank. He was still able to get away with solving everything in the first season, but there were always some trade-offs. Most of the time it required a lot of actual effort to solve shit. S1 Rick had to actually run from the government drones, Scary Terry, or even be taken down by the possessed Sanchez family, but S2/S3 Rick will blow through military bases, the Citadel, and more without issue. S1 Rick could be a superior ass to people and get shit back for it even when that person is the literal devil, but S2/S3 Rick will tear apart families, friendships, and more just because he can with no blowback. S1 Rick would have to tear apart a bunch of advanced sexbots and barely build some shit out of it but S2/S3 will make mech suits out of bones, twigs, and more.

There's more issues to be found, like Rick changing from a grumpy drunk grandpa to a nihilistic asshat, or just the fact that the show barely qualifies having the "and Morty" part in its title anymore, but the biggest thing is just stop building up Rick as a god in mortal form. It burns even more knowing that they know this, but the only time it was addressed is a self-insert moment from one of the writers as the psychiatrist.

By being funny

>I live with an edgy pretentious wannabe tech guru who gushes over bullshit like Rick and Morty

God damn do I need to find new people to hang out with

you're the worst kind of retard. kys

this

this is a good summary of my gripes with the show

Justin if you're reading this let Miami Morty appear in the show please thank

>Female Morties
>Twin Morties

> It's a legitimately cultural touchstone of this decade.

Kill yourself.

What the fuck is this? 2014? Fuck off, impressionable teenage boy.

This. Nothing feels like it has any consequence because Rick is omnipotent. There’s no stakes involved. The most offensive example was the scene where they crash land the Whirley Derley. Rick solves the situation of them being stranded in less than a minute or in-show real time. Yes, he built a powersuit of twigs in the Teenyverse, but at least they bothered to mention they spent several months there by that point.

Hire more diverse female staff writers, and more subtle agendas.

Or just stick a fork in it and remake XRA.

They should do a whole series of Explorer parody episodes until that Chris Columbus abortion is finally put to bed as an inspiration.

Yep, he's actually interesting when he barely makes it through things.

A mind like his is truly too infantile to even hope to grasp the greatness of Rick and Morty

>rick is the only good character.

Rick is the worst character on the show and its biggest problem. All he does is win, he's totally invincible, and he knows it and acts like it. He's insufferable and drags the show down.

bingo, that's why the last episode was good because it dealt with Ricks that couldn't win - Cop Rick and New Simple Rick

He has a very fragile ego, to the degree that he sees Jerry as an actual threat. So he can fail despite being so powerful because he feels he can take on anything and gets bogged down in little details sometimes.

>he sees Jerry as an actual threat
I thought The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy made this clear. He only actually hates Jerry in the context of Beth being married to him, where Jerry is a threat to Beth becoming another Rick like he wants. Jerry by himself isn't really on Rick's radar.

This.

The characters and how they reacted to situations were a lot more likable early on.

>There’s no stakes involved.
If you haven't caught on to that now then I really don't know what to say

I think the first interdimensional cable episode sets up something interesting tho - there's a Jerryless Beth that achieves being a person doctor, and ends up being too career driven and a bit of a shut in with lots of birds (I guess a crazy birdperson?). There seems to be no Rick around in this scenario (he stays absent), so this sort of indicates he just doesn't care all that much if Beth doesn't become a teen pregnancy. It'd be interesting to know IF a Rick turns up in that universe after they get back together or something, but I doubt it.

I think it's more Rick builds Jerry into a threat by believing Jerry has taken something from him, but Jerry is just so completely not a threat that that's ridiculous. It's just Rick being kinda neurotic.

Rick needs to become more sympathetic or they need to commit to playing him as a straight up villain holding his family hostage unbeknownst to everyone but morty the way the premiere indicated it to be.

And while we're at it, might as well just get through the inevitable plot point that the primary rick has had dozens of families/morty's he's lost already.

Sup Forums can't write its way out of a cardboard box. You'd be better off asking /x/

>How can Rick and Morty be improved?
By going back in time to April and not rescheduling Samurai Jack.

No, who the fuck uses KYS in 2014?

Or, if they're going to make Rick an omnipotent god, at least pull a Watchmen and go into the emotional effects of being so disconnected from everything.
I remember in some season premier or finale or something when they were in the fake memories and Rick was like "that was the equation that turned me into an unfeeling ghost" or something like that.
THAT is Rick's character. Shit like THAT is why he drinks all the time and doesn't give a shit about anything. He can just abandon a dimension he fucks up, but he has to remember abandoning everything in those dimensions whenever he's not drunk.
The character they created is too dark and serious for the show they want to tell so until they can find out what they want him to actually be we have to deal with God Rick with all the power and none of the potential character development

probably should have included that the quote was in reference to what let him build the portal gun

youtube.com/watch?v=Rb5EfPVK8XQ

>Animated Blood, Mature Sexual Themes, Mild Animated Violence, Mild Language, Mild Realistic Violence

Violence and strong graphic images are fine -- as long as both these things work as part of the story. Neither of these things -- separately or together -- should ever be the story. Animated blood should have mostly been sloppy, green alien blood.

Mild violence: aliens getting getting fried by ray guns; people fighting and knocking each other out; the occasional death due to accident, disease or combat is fine.

Mild language: A few people using curse words, though you won't hear them if censored out, and you won't hear anything worse than what's on late night television night.)

Sexual themes: People fall in love, proposition each other and fool around. People are deviant, immoral, and this can lead to conflict. It's should not be too graphic, but it's definitely sex.

Use of alcohol: Cautious people and recovering alcoholics might want to know that bars are included among the scenes in the show.

I would not expose my own kids to this filth/10

It's for the goyim.

t. J. Producer

>Implying it's not roiland spending every little second of the day here talking shit
You must be new user