Yes, thank you, exactly. Settle. Because otherwise you’re just gonna get older and harder, and more alone...

>Yes, thank you, exactly. Settle. Because otherwise you’re just gonna get older and harder, and more alone. And you’re gonna do everything you can to fill that hole, with friends, and your career, and meaningless sex, but the hole doesn’t get filled. One day, you’re gonna look around and you’re going to realize that everybody loves you, but nobody likes you. And that is the loneliest feeling in the world.

F-fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>
>When you have rose-colored glasses on, all the red flags just look like flags.
Sometimes this show's dialogue hits too hard.

>everybody loves you, but nobody likes you. And that is the loneliest feeling in the world.

... f-fuck

>>One day, you’re gonna look around and you’re going to realize that everybody loves you, but nobody likes you. And that is the loneliest feeling in the world.
>nobody loves OR likes me

yeah okay whatever lol

Might as well post this one.

That episode with the self-hating voice hit me way harder than it should've

>dude let's romanticize depression into some deep tragic thing lmao

these lines are melodramatic

they're called chips, pajeet

40% of population suffers from depression, might as well heal it, or at least make people be fine with it.

And that number increases every year.

You do realize depression is often situational, right? (Modern hypercapitalism can do that.)

>people don't have feelings it's all just chemicals that can be cured with pills
>stop thinking about things, nothing means anything lol
Also comedy, tragedy and romance have been the three staples of fiction for literally thousands of years. What the fuck else do you want people to write about?

Ah yes. The perfect defense to existential depression. Detached cynicism.

Guys, instead of wallowing in self pity like Bojack, or pretending everything will always be fine like PB, try working through your fears and issues.
Stop and think. Don't let your emotions and pride overtake you. Understand empathy.

>markets have become ever less capitalistic as time has gone on with the peak of capitalism occurring in the 1890s
>dude peak capitalism dude depression lmao it's all connected

>markets have become ever less capitalistic as time has gone on with the peak of capitalism occurring in the 1890s
That peak was actually in the 1920s, and I think we all know how that story ended.

>the peak of capitalism occurred after the federal reserve was established and gained control over the money supply
Back to school junior

>Guys, instead of wallowing in self pity like Bojack, or pretending everything will always be fine like PB, try working through your fears and issues.

I'm just butthurt because this friend I have has an attitude like Mr. PB, does terrible shit like Bojack and gets away with it because he's attractive, has money from his parents and people like him.

It just isn't fair. I do something half as bad and people shit on the regular guy and even if I get away with it, I feel bad about it later because I have a sense of right and wrong. It's like Bojack says, "At least I know I'm an asshole and that makes it better. Or does that make it worse?"

I just don't see the point anymore.

this... hits me everytime.

>this friend I have

You qualify "sex" with the descriptor "meaningless." Do you deny that deep down you believe that sex (in the "correct" way) will absolve your sins? How very... mundanely human.

I don't know what you're trying to say.

>markets are less capitalistic

thanks, i'm not depressed any more. now i'm just angry that there are actual retards out there that like sucking corporate dick such as yourself.

5/10

I really shouldn't be attracted to PC but I love the expressions she makes and how her eyebrows are almost always down.

corporatism=/=capitalism, dummy. It's not the fault of capitalism (which peaked in the 19th century) that we're being shafted by corporate jews and central banks today

Meh, I have it worse, for me Bojack is upbeat and fun.

>romanticize
i don't think you know what that word means/haven't seen the show

>everybody loves you, but nobody likes you
What exactly is this feeling? I don't think I've ever experienced it.
Is he talking about fame?

He's talking about fame, but it also applies to family.

I'd imagine a lot of people in this thread also thinks it applies to friends, since a symptom of depression is a belief that your friends don't like you and are only putting up with you, but that's not really a thing in reality.

You have no friends

>Modern hypercapitalism
Let me tell you about the jews

>Guys, instead of wallowing in self pity like Bojack, or pretending everything will always be fine like PB, try working through your fears and issues.
You mean like Diane?

Almost don't make it through the introduction. The credits saved me. I already get enough of that shit in my own head.

Most people today aren't really "depressed", they just develop anhedonia from being constantly overstimulated by passively consuming content without expending energy.

>romanticize
Wow a frogposter doesn't know the meaning of words
Imagine my shock

It's not one of those hard-hitting lines(not immediately, anyway), but did anyone else really like Wanda's "joke" from S2? I feel like a lot of people may have missed the point of that

Found the objectivist

He's not wrong.

I don't think I get it, unless it's just a metaphor for things that don't make sense later being part of something bigger.

>It just isn't fair
That's your one flaw.
That's a line that should only be uttered by a child.
Nature isn't fair.
People aren't fair.
Life isn't fair.
Concern yourself only with pragmatic things. Be practical, be sensible.

Isn't anhedonia part of depressive disorders?, your are talking about it as if was a new trend like people labelling themselves as aspergers.

my balls

>Same thing that always happens. You didn't know me. Then you fell in love with me, and now you know me.

I may be reading into it way too much, but I interpreted that joke as basically a microcosm of the entire show and everything it's about. Both "parts" feature people in a world much larger, more complicated, and arguably random/chaotic than they're comfortable admitting. In their attempts to impose order/meaning on their lives, they only end up hurting themselves and possibly others. In the case of the gardener, his inability to just let go of the mulch thing inadvertently creates a "problem" for the chihuahua. The chihuahua, on the other hand, interprets this innocuous and totally random(from his perspective) phenomena as a scary threat purely because of a made up and arguably unjustified fantasy. Particularly in the latter case, sometimes there IS a greater "order" or "reason" why things happen, but it's often so crazy and outside the scope of our own lives that we can't possibly hope to understand it, and even if we could, it wouldn't be satisfying. And finally, if you want to get really meta, you could interpret the entire show as a kind of "joke" from our perspective, that things happen to Bojack and co. that don't make sense to them but do to us from our outside perspective. And just like Bojack, a lot of us don't fully realize how much we resemble the characters in the joke and their futile struggles.

If he isn't wrong, it's a hell of an equivocation to suggest that the phrase 'peak of capitalism' means 'the point at which the market was most laissez-faire.' It's at best a gross mischaracterization to suggest that free market post-industrial capitalism is the only or purest form of capitalism, and it speaks nothing to the influence of a capitalist system on our lives or the general breadth, scope or raw size of that system.

I mean, come on. He's suggesting that the 'peak of capitalism' came before Ford revolutionized the assembly line. That's mind boggling.

I watched again the first chapter of seaon 1 and Todd was a weed idiot with selfish ideas who lived from Bojack's indifference. Why he changed so much for bad? He is now an imaginative asexual guy who dated a celebrity and delivers wacky antics, why they ruined him?

Not feeling gratification because of depression and being locked into a diminishing returns on enjoyment because you keep burning out your dopamine transporders are different. One doesn't always imply the other. It's not a new trend of labeling, because people don't realize they have develop anhedonia and then after a couple of month of realizing they're unable to get really of anything short of dozens of hours of tv or videogames or copious amounts of weed they become "depressed" about it, as in start to process this intellectually while misattributing the source of the problem..

Don't fetishize your sadness.

>He's suggesting that the 'peak of capitalism' came before Ford revolutionized the assembly line. That's mind boggling.

But it's true, because out of fear for over-production capitalists created marketing os consumption towards desire, instead necessity.

youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

Right -- because of fear that the market couldn't expand once all needs were met lead us to market towards consumption which necessarily expanded the market.

So the market kept expanding both in raw size and in cultural and social impact -- and yet somehow it peaked when we decided to expand it?

>A bloo-hoo-hoo I feel sad and that's bad
>feeling sad is deep and stuff

Pic related is the reason, though I like the way he became the vehicle for setting up crazy plots, the dynamic between him and Mr. PB is comfy.

>romanticize

(You)

>yfw bojack has fallen victim to the same problems it used to satirize
I guess it was inevitable, but it doesn't make it any less sad

>identifying with a protagonist that is a famous and rich celebrity who is perpetually depressed isn't romanticizing depression

ok

This line is underappreciated. Really shows how self-aware the writing is, especially when Bojack steals it from PC to use on Diane

God season 4 is a shit show, all the jokes fall flat or are shit and the drama has started taking over more and more to the point where this show needs to stop trying to be a comedy and embrace drama/tragedy

PC? He stole it from Ana, which says a lot more about it. Not saying there isn't some truth there, but I think the big point of S3 was not to listen to other people, regardless of whether it's "good" advice or not. Consider the thing with Greg Kinglear, for example.

Nah, Diane is a terrible character. and horrible person.

It's just sad and tiring seeing the lack of justice in the world. That and getting ahead takes playing by the rules. Being ruthless can get you ahead in your career and women but you don't necessarily want to be that type of guy.

I just wish I was a sociopath.

So, why does she have Bojack's diamond spot?

Also, that OJ Simpsons scene went right over my head the first time.

Forgot the pic.

Because Butterscotch's mom, her grandmother, had a spot like that. He tells Beatrice in a flashback.

Oh, was that during Beatrice' ball? Makes sense then, thanks.

>Jews

I forgot J.D. Sallinger in season 2. Man, that shit is hillarious.

That was such an epic reference. It really appealed to my Sensibilities!

>That entire episode

Still wondering how long it takes until I stop being a teenage girl.

WHAT THE FUCK

WHY CANT SHE BE HAPPY? I DONT CARE ABOUT ANYONE ELSE JUST GIVE HER BABBY

My god this show is shit. The only interesting parts is when bojack is in own head destroying himself.

Everything else is bullshit.

80% of the show is Bojack in his own head destroying himself. What more do you want?

>tfw he's gone

Yeah. That was a bit quick. Same with what his name mouse guy. I feel like Caroline's ending was a bit rushed.

>80% of the show is Bojack in his own head destroying himself. What more do you want?

Less of the rest of the cast who no one gives a shit about. They don't really do anything interesting and they take up far too much screentime.

>wanting less Mr. Peanutbutter
You can go and stay gone

at least it only happened to one character... so far.

everyone else is growing, and every season we learn something new about everyone.

>>wanting less Mr. Peanutbutter
>You can go and stay gone

Wanting more of the one note joke with the stupid name.

fame, family, whatever. People who don't know the true you, basically. I had a gf like that because I was famous in my circle she liked the idea of me but not the actual me that she got to know. Had to ditch her.

To be fair, this has only happened to Todd, who was always kind of a one-note character who basically existed to interact with Bojack. Plus, it happened as early as season two, so at this point, it's more his actual character than the original todd was.

I just watched Time's Arrow.

I never thought I'd feel bad for Beatrice, but this season did it.

I don't know, the whole flashback thing veered dangerously close to "it's all my parents/genetics' fault!" and Hollyhock is also basically "thing/person that randomly comes along and magically fixes everything"

It's been like that with Bojack since the first season. In the first episode of the second, Bojack's mother even tells him that she doesn't think he ever had a chance because he came from broken people.

This was just extrapolating it back a bit further, and showing how she took on that attitude.

Beatrice... had a hard life. She needs some time to rest.

>If you claim to be alright with being alone you're lying, you're actually miserable and lonely on the inside.

Not everyone is like you, user.

>what happened to her and Honey especially
Yeah I think Joseph took the title of worst person in the show straight out of Bojack and Beatrice's combined hands

It started out that way, but the second and especially third seasons were building up to "you are all the things that are wrong with you," "you have to be responsible for your own happiness." What the hell happened to that?

Also, I thought it was nice that Bojack tried to make his mother happy at the end, even if it was a lie.

I mean, I think it still was that way. Bojack's biggest moment was when he finally got a chance to tear into his mother, but didn't. He decided to abandon his past and move on.

Joe did nothing wrong

He was just acting out of circumstance, he was a child of his time.

Made me think Beatrice would've been a good person if not for Butterscotch.

Barely. Showing Beatrice's backstory was completely nonsensical. If the point was to show how Bojack was moving on and forgiving his mother, then it would've been more powerful if we DIDN'T know her life story and still thought she was an asshole.

I hate to be that guy but it really felt like the sole point of the flashbacks was to make some halfbaked "social commentary" about "toxic 40s patriarchal culture"

>reddit and memey for people that think they're above reddit and memey
>tumblrjack numaleman

Yeah, in the end it sorta felt like bad fathers are the source of all evil, rather than bad mothers.

The point was to flesh out Beatrice as a character, and to set up the "twist" about Hollyhock.

You sound like the ugliest son of a bitch I have ever heard.

>Yeah, in the end it sorta felt like bad fathers are the source of all evil, rather than bad mothers.
Are you serious right now

What is there to be depressed about? You have it so much better than most people ever had in human history. You're not some wreck of a human being with this deep and tragic past who cries because he doesn't understand life. Stop pretending to be.

No, not really. That was a rather sloppy post. My bad.

>just be happy lmao

>XD Whats perspective
You truly don't understand shit. Perspective matters no matter how you feel about it.

SONO CHI NO SADAME JOOOOOSEPH