Post your favorite 10/10 graphic novels itt

Post your favorite 10/10 graphic novels itt

capeshitters leave

>graphic novels
>capeshitters leave

Is like you want your thread to be invaded by shitposters.

>clowes
>10/10

Unpopular opinion, but I thought the movie was better.

I know i'm being an ass and breaking the thread parameters, but to me Secret Identity is pretty much perfect.

>initially published in serialized format
>graphic novel
few things tickle my autism like this

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's overrated, but most 10/10s are.
Also, Oyasumi Punpun if you count mangos, I do.

Fag
Fag
Fag
Fag
Fag
Fag

it would've been funnier if you called the Contract with God guy a kike

Holy shit, I didn't know that cartoon had a comic.

ANYTHING, and i mean literally ANYTHING by Chris Ware is better than anything else in this thread.

comic preceeded the pilot.

There are 11 stories, 10 and 11 being part of a two-issue run. You can read all of them in the hardcover of the complete series.

I'd argue the ending to The Eltingville Club #2 is one of the best endings to any series, hands-down

It unironically is. The book is good, and is a great example of Clowes talent as illustrator, but the movie had a more interesting plot, more memorable characters, and communicated themes more clearly.

>no capeshitters
>dead thread
Pick two

agreed. he's the faulkner/kafka of this day.

I don't think I've ever seen Richard Sala mentioned on Sup Forums. His stuff can be hit or miss, but I fucking love The Chuckling Whatsit.

I unironically cried at the end of this

That was legit good, especially the Han Solo portion. The albino wookiee story has been a huge influence in me too, writing wise.
Shame Chewie got a better tribute for dying in some book than Han did for dying in a fucking major motion picture.

this one is tough but there are a few I tend to reread from time to time so those are probably my favorites.

if I ever need to cry I read this

he's great but I'll disagree that his stuff is better than anything

why is this so fucking expensive

It's been out of print for a while, pick up The Don Rosa Library Volumes 4 & 5, it contains the story in there

also this if you want something more like faulkner

Asterios Polyp was amazing art-wise but the actual writing was... eh.

and this is you want kafka

see I personally feel the same way about Ware's stuff. I love to look at how his pages are laid out and how he uses his lines but he rarely succeeds at getting me into his stories

This may be my favorite comic of all time.

Hey now I post my shelf full of Sala stuff every shelf thread. Well, not full but 9 books and nearly every issue of Evil Eye. Anyway good taste. Also have all the Zero Zero's which Chuckling Whatsit was originally serialised in.
Great taste. I have every David B. book in English, plus a couple of French editions
Excellent. So fucking moving. Faulkner/early Tomine/meets Ware with a touch of late sixties Crumb drawing style. Nod Away volume 1 is dope too.
A collection, but then again most everything ITT is. I promise you you will never read a more "original" comic, ever

One of my favourite things about the movie is how self-aware it is. It knows that Enid is pretentious and generally unlikeable, and it doesn't try to pretend otherwise.