More Howard

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/royalboiler/status/908549044955267072
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hoot hoot etc

I wish Sup Forums loved and discussed other books as much as they hate America

natch

It's a compelling kind of hate.

I'm really curious about the Spanglish--is it realistic US Spanglish? Is it specifically PR regional stuff? Some of the nerdrage about the book is clearly the usual boring SJWs-are-taking-over material, but there's a core of genuine reeee that I find oddly compelling.

Howard does spend a lot of time falling

I am only salty that gets to keep going for longer than Nova despite selling much worse.

>Some of the nerdrage about the book is clearly the usual boring SJWs-are-taking-over material,
this is what bugs me. the book is clearly fucking terrible but the constant bitching online is just going to make marvel double down on it. neckbeards ruin everything. there could have been a legit push to get games journalism up to par, but of course gamergate had to destroy any credibility the movement had

In good news, there will be no Zubbolts 2.0

I got my comics but I didn't read them because I took a nap, so still no spoil plz

I'd almost suggest sabotage, but people aren't that smart.

oh thank fuck.

Are any of the Bolts slated to appear somewhere else? Secret Empire didn't even bother telling us where they are...

Holy crap, I can't believe Mage dies in the latest issue of Mage!

oh shit here we go, Howard for President time

Not that I know of. Superwholock chick is editing the Clint/Bucky/Natasha book.

Hello, Storyteller.

Y'know, in the same vein as tacticool, I don't understand the hate for steampunk. Tacticool at least has some measure of mainstream saturation. Is there even one instance of a popular mainstream steampunk work at all?

And again, I get bitching about when done poorly('Imma glue some gears to my outfit and call it a fucking day!'), but hating on the style in general is ridiculous.

>Superwholock chick is editing the Clint/Bucky/Natasha book.
surprise

>is it realistic US Spanglish?
Nope

>Superwholock chick is editing the Clint/Bucky/Natasha book.
Bucky fans don't deserve nice things.

I think some of the Spanglish is like US music Spanglish. Like there's a song 'Mi Gente' right?

IME it's mostly that steampunk fans are often insufferable in the same way Joss Whedon fans are, they won't fucking shut up about their fucking fandom

Imagine being this white.

I just don't understand the appeal for steampunk. But generally I was neutral before it became trendy on Sup Forums for a while as a default AU suggestion, and that's when I became a contrarian who hated it (and what's extra dumb is that this was like a decade ago).

I don't have to, sadly. I'm listening to Billy Joel and drinking milk right now

Nova was good but Loveness' next book also has the potential to be good. I just hope that Judas' scifi adventures in Hell is more "Three Versions of Judas" than r/atheism.

Nobody fucking cares about steampunk anymore, Cranky. Get with the times.

Oh me too. The concept is neat, but yeah I hope it doesn't go fucking overboard.

Not even the real Gospel of Judas did.

Contract this thread to write your T-Bolts Marvel. I promise you, Aleskot-wise, Zemo will fuck.

It was also very "let me slap some gears on this shit and a thin layer of unresearched Victoriana" in sf/f for a while

On the other hand, the actual rise of flintlock fantasy has 100% been my kinks in action, so this is Good

I like to think we'd at least come up with an entertaining plot

There was a funny Byrne tweet complaining about women being sexed up in the 1990s (Sue Storm's F cut out was the starting post) today, and Byrne complained that Cassie Sandsmark was "turned into jailbait" the moment he left her.
Okay Byrne, I'm sure that's why you didn't like it.

Speaking of, Brandon started to semi-roast Kot today. When even Brandon Graham's "fuck the Big Two" posse doesn't like you, you know you're an unlikeable little twit.

What has Kot even been up to? It's been like 2 or so years!

Shit senpai u got me.

>The Thunderbolts Fuck the Marvel Universe

but which fetishes do they have?

oh shit give us the deets please

I live in Texas and am pretty Spanish-incompetent, it happens

He's writing a book called Generation Gone.

See, that's another issue. All fan bases are like that. And don't you dare try to bullshit and say otherwise. Humans are chatty monkeys who project their subjective opinions on fucking everything, which includes their tastes in media. To hate on something because someone else talks about it a lot is dumb.

In fact, just to prove I'm not a hypocrite(cause I know one of you fucks will bring this up) much I'm sick to death of hearing about Jojo, I don't hate it. I've never seen it, and I don't care to.

It's not just the talking about it, it's the attempt to interject it into everything else. "I like Firefly", whatever. "This would be cooler if it were more like Firefly like this" ad nauseam, not cool.

>tfw no hentai doujin where Zemo mindbreaks Steve into becoming his toy

twitter.com/royalboiler/status/908549044955267072

>Three young hackers with nothing to lose.
>Skins + Unbreakable = GENERATION GONE, sort of

Good god

>Generation Gone.
is it about the time he's spent as a writer?

HIYYOOOOOO

Firefly fans were obnoxious for a long time until some of Whedon's future plans for the series leaked.

At least we will have gotten some doujin out of this because J-fandom was really into Steve and Helmut's Boarding School Adventures

zzzzzing!

I saw he's been delving into some psychoceramic realms of self-discovery, too

This, it's the obsessive idea of bringing it up when discussing every. Single. Topic that people hate.
There's a reason some people call Jojo fans "Jojobronies".

>omg is that a jojo reference?!
for this reason alone I will NEVER check out that anime

In that case you've just had the unfortunate experience of running into a fucking idiot. No sane person wants everything they like to be exactly the same. I fucking love Stargate. Do I want everything to be like Stargate? Fuck no, cause that would be boring.

Storyteller, stop talking to idiots. ... Except me. I'm the only idiot you should talk to.

It's amazing that Priest on Justice League is generating more buzz than Marvel's announcements.

Same, I love Stargate as well.
That webshow is gonna suuuuck

I love you even though you made me cry once, Cranky

The leaked solicitations thread was sad. Barely any enthusiasm, because I feel that people are waiting to see when the next big initiative will be announced.

You just know that Marvel Two-in-One is gonna find the F4 and Bendis is going to write the book. Mark me down as predicting that now.

The manga is way better

Gerber is going to run out of comic book genres to parody at this rate.

How many issues until Melancholy Duck Romance?

I'm still just waiting on the Part 5 Adaptation, cause fuck it Sex Pistols vs. Kraftwerk was awesome

From what I can tell neither the Fantastic Four nor the Bucky fans are happy with the pitches for Two in One and Tales of Suspense.

The odds are in your court

Marvel announced stuff?

So how many of these books you've storytimed have feature Leialoha on inks?

Priest/Woods is an excellent combo, even on a boring team lineup

My enthusiasm for Two-in-One fell when Zdarsky was announced on it. The funniest he has made me laugh lately was the typo on the "How to draw x-men" cover (and that might have just been a mistake)

Slott would have been a good pick

It's a sad state of affairs when I am happier about Marvel characters being dead or not appearing anywhere because it at least means they won't get dragged into this shitshow.

What did you cry about?

Yeah, one Bucky fan I know hasn't commented yet and the other is on the usual "I'll probably read this but it's not going to line up with my desires and I'm so ~exhausted~ from things never catering to my specific kinks, what do you mean I'm grossly generalizing about female fandom" kick.

Who cares? OP's a pussy, he'll cry for everything. Fucking faggot.

>you made me cry once
Wait, seriously? ... I don't know what to say. Like, I literally don't the correct words to type here.

That's how I feel about all Spider-Man characters post 2008.

But America is so much more Latino and therefore better, user.
I mean, Sam only had a Mexican mother. AMERICA has every Latinx nation in the Americas in her oh so appropriate cultural background.

you're new here, aren't you

>CamStew uses an autoblocker
Haha what a chump.

Often the case. I wish we squeezed some manga chat ITT desu.

>those fucking flags behind her in that panel

Zdarsky's humor rarely hits the right notes for me and feels shallow. This is the one case where Slott would have been the superior choice. Marvel's ability to create books that alienate the people they are supposedly aimed at is incredible.

>what do you mean I'm grossly generalizing about female fandom
but all women want all-women slice of life books with all-women creative teams! maybe with a cute token woobie male around!

The bottom margin gutter hype stream was such an odd yet somewhat ahead of it's time. I mean look at that, it's like a CNN scroll in comic book form.

May Zubbolts stay dead and become as forgotten as Fightbolts.

Fraction used it in his Defenders run, it was kind of weird desu

To be strictly fair, her kink isn't slice of life, it's h/c whump with male characters having all the emotions and rough experiences and suffering beautiful combined with action

Fraction tried it in his odd Defenders run, which I liked some parts of if not the fundamental conceit of "Stephen Strange fucking a student"

It actually sold worse than Fightbolts even. Is it mean that I hope the next Bucky books keep failing, too?

yeah, I was having a string of miserable days and if it wasn't you I'm sorry for misremembering, but you went off about how I was only doing this for attention and shit, and it was the last straw and I shut it down for the night.

>Superwholock chick

Semi non sequitor- There was (is?) a musical thread on here yesterday demanding a Heathers: the Musical: The Animated movie, and it kind of struck me that I just don't seem to care enough about things for modern fandom. Like, deep, intense, productive love for things? I don't know if I feel that way about... anything.

Holy shit, I remember that night.
Don't know if it was him or not either.

I don't know what women want out of an all female cast, all I know is that the idea of a martial arts/action-shonen style Captain Marvel semi-team book has been stuck in my head for days now. It would be Dragon Ball Z meets Saint Seiya meets cosmic superheroes on crack and I want to pitch it to Marvel right now.

I legitimately can't tell if the spelling error about Mystique in step six is supposed to be a joke or not, because Marvel shipped the roster page of Secret Empire 10 in Omega instead of the one used in the previews in the digital version this week.

Man that's a shit sentence I just wrote.

based on this platform I would 100% vote Howard

no

I think it's important to sometimes recognize that things are not equal in their depth and ability to repay devotion. Not that I haven't spent hundreds of hours reading comics with you guys and enjoyed it, but sometimes you need to read a real book, FFS.

>This December sees a crossover event between the titles that sit together alphabetically on the DC Comics shelf: Superman, Super Sons, and Teen Titans. It’s called Super Sons of Tomorrow
So there's another crossover coming between Superman, Super Sons, and Teen Titans... and it revolves about Jon, who am I getting so tired of so quickly.

I'll just be predictable and say that Carter is best girl. Because she is.

Also, what webseries? Wasn't Universe bad enough?

I'm a little surprised they got away with an assassination joke, I bet they wouldn't have after the Reagan incident

BTW these are odd digital scans with the ads, as best I can tell? Or else they're incredibly high quality lovingly done modern scans not early 2000s work.

>it's h/c whump with male characters having all the emotions and rough experiences and suffering beautiful combined with action
this is also my kink

I know better than to expect this from comics (or any source material really) though

I am leaning towards legitimate mistake because lol Marvel editors

Carter is best girl, movie Daniel is best boy.

And it's a short webisode series about the old woman who owned the Stargate. Coming next month IIRC.

I liked the whole Time/Parallel Descendants subplot of Universe but the rest was trash.

Going back like, a decade or so, Steampunk, particularly bad glue some gear on it Steampunk, was very popular and very vocal online/at cons.

The backlash was sorta justified.
I kind of wish Joe Kelly and Chris Bachalo would revisit and give an ending to Steampunk, though.

No, that was definitely me. It was when I went on a rant accusing you of being an attention whore. I didn't realize my words actually hurt you like that. A mere "sorry" somehow feels inadequate.

Hey, it's not necessarily not my kink--I went looking today to see if Carol Berg's writing another book soon because she is the Queen of Whump and if you like fantasy I'd be remiss in not recommending it because she makes her male MCs suffer horribly--but I don't think it's a good fit for the 22-page monthly comic as a format, and IME it can easily become a box to shove the latest character interest into.

are these threads full of actual industry chat and casual discussion the most precious hidden gem of Sup Forums? i always thought so

Nope. That's probably the shelf threads if anything. Buy-in to entry and all.

>I went looking today to see if Carol Berg's writing another book soon because she is the Queen of Whump and if you like fantasy I'd be remiss in not recommending it because she makes her male MCs suffer horribly
I will check her out!

and yeah I do see why it doesn't fit well into a serially published comic

Yeah, the shelf threads are pretty great.

>Byrne complained that Cassie Sandsmark was "turned into jailbait" the moment he left her.

That's bull. There was a solid like 2 years of fairly innocent Young Justice Cassie before Johns sexed her up.

I think the only outright Steampunk thing I've read is maybe Scarlet Traces? I have up on Girl Genius.