>wife's family is catholic
>I am I believer in something for sure
>we all have to pray at family dinners
>I fucking hate that shit with all my soul

What is wrong with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mircea_Eliade
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's wrong with being thankful to God?

I think you finally realized you and your family relatives believe in a fairy tale.

I dunno, I am surely am. But the ceremony fucking kills me.

And I don't have the heart to tell them to leave me the fuck out of it.

My family is also catholic and forced me to say blessing for dinner. I thought it was dumb. Why not just bless the whole pantry to save time?

Go easy on them Ante. They are probably good people and wish nobody any harm.

I thought all the people like you got genocided in the 90s.

the customs and the ceremony bring you closer to God.

start reading here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mircea_Eliade

Wow the 30 seconds it takes to sit through that must really be tough.

You are fucking autistic.

If you still believe in the existence of the soul, you should probably pray. you will feel uneasy otherwise.

or just be a polite, sensible atheist and dodge that shit altogether.

>my family is catholic
>we all have to pray at family dinners
Protestants do this shit, not catholics, except when you have a priest at your table.

Convert to Judaism and really shove it in their faces

>a small ceremony being thankful for having fresh food and a loving family to eat with infuriates you

You have to be over 18 to post here

Lol

No

heheheheheheheh

If God exists he or she wouldn't want to impact his or her experiment. God is a deaf mute at best

I'm an atheist, but I will still do grace with my family because I understand that religion is a good way to teach morals. Chill out your ass burgers for 5 minutes faggot.

also be sure to say a prayer for all the Irish victims of Catholics or Protestants

Or I dunno do something that matters like volunteering

>>we all have to pray at family dinners
hahaha what? I bet you are from Herzegovina as well. Your life really sucks man. I am sorry.

It's because it's stupid.
Did god make the food on your plate?

No he did not, if anything be thankful to the farmer who tills the crops or keeps live stock.

Because catholicism is ornate and artificial. But I empathise, even as an evangelical. Your relationship with God is secret and unique and you feel like the prayers with the whole family queer the whole thing and make it stock and corporate. Not that it'll help with the awkwardness but you should spend more time talking to God alone. Shut the door, turn off the light and keep in mind that he hears every thought and understands your heart and he loved you before he even created you.

It sounds like you are introvert, try to do mental mental gymnastics, convince yourself that you like to do it.

slavs still pray for meals

Remember: Without traditions we are nothing.
I recommend you to talk to your local priest and ask him why you feel that way, he will explain to you the importance of praying

>various archeological evidence pointing to Jacob and Israelites being near Egypt

>various archeological evidence pointing to king David, Solomon, and countless others of the Bible

>Various archeological and historical evidence for Jesus being born when the Bible stated, the death of many children, Jesus gathering disciples, Jesus gathering a mass crowd of followers, Jesus being crucified (and enough pointing to an empty tomb that even mainstream atheists now debate this His body just must have been stole).

>Even first century historians Josephus and Titicus, who were not part of Christianity, wrote about Jesus and said that He did "magnificent works".

But you still call it a fairy tale.

The use of this is more to show containment and self control and not to immediately stuff the food into your throat like some animal. Be aware that you're a human blessed by God and appreciate the food you got.

"Where does prayer come from? Whether prayer is expressed in words or gestures, it is the whole man who prays. But in naming the source of prayer, Scripture speaks sometimes of the soul or the spirit, but most often of the heart (more than a thousand times). According to Scripture, it is the heart that prays. If our heart is far from God, the words of prayer are in vain"
-catechism of the catholic church

You should really shut your commie mouth leaf.

>Earth is an experiment

EBIN MEMEN

>ceremony

You're just saying 'Hey God thanks for this delish sustenance'. It doesn't have to be ceremonious

just thank your parents the next time for raising you and the animal that died for your meal, dont adress god and you will be able to participate without forcing yourself to pretend.

I'm sure the universe is 6000 years old and a magical sky fairy talked to some poor desert dwellers too.

Nobody mention 6000 years, and your second point isn't an argument

Welcome to having a brain at any time in human history besides the modern era

*mentioned

clarification

You acknowledge the possibility that a God caused your existence but you think it's a farce that it would have some ceremony required to be dedicated to it

Or if it were asking for ceremony, that you out of all religions in all times have chosen the right ceremony

You know it's bullshit and you can't pretend it's not

I have no traditions but I'm something.

Religious is a plague, it gives us a generic answer to the questions we should all be asking.

Fuck religion, there ain't no fucking jesus or any of those other fucks. It's called brainwashing and thought control.

Reminder that the catholic church rejects creationism and that a catholic priest came up with the big bang theory as the common scientific stance in the universe used to be that the universe is eternal and had no creation date and that "big bang" theory was a mock name.

You can mock catholicism all you want, in the end itxm's right anyway

>What is wrong with me?
You're probably demon - possessed /demonized

>Fuck religion, there ain't no fucking jesus or any of those other fucks. It's called brainwashing and thought control.

Did you know that the people who were first spreading the Christian Gospel were willing to be brutally executed because of their beliefs?

He said "there ain't no fucking jesus". He obviously knows nothing.

I began praying before I go to bed. I recount the things I was thankfull for that day and end my prayer with asking God for strength and wisdom.

Then I jerk off.
Am I doing it right?

All anti-Christian sentiment comes from communism and can be traced back to Soviet Union institutions like KGB, which had program to destroy Christianity.

No. Fapping is an open door to the enemy, the Devil.
Pray to God to help you with Nofap and visit Nofap websites. I stopped completely

You're an anti social autist

Tell me, do you mind praying on your own?

This guy gets it. To attack Christianity, especially in this day and age, is to serve the Jew. That isn't to say you can't criticise it because unfortunately in the last 150 years it has been massively subverted in the West.

>Did you know that the people who were first spreading the Christian Gospel were willing to be brutally executed because of their beliefs?

Theres Muslims and Buddhists and Hindus who do the same right now

are all those religions now real too?

>believe in God
>be christian because christianity is western culture and I was born in western civilization
>never read the bible
>started reading the other day
>through Genesis and most of the way through Exodus
>so far it consists of Jews tricking people and God being a dick

please tell me that the New Testament makes it all worth it. I'm of course not through everything yet, but if following this God is supposed to be good, I'm wondering how the devil could possibly be worse

It's not a real prayer, they are just normies going through the motions and the feeling you have is your soul's natural distaste for heresy

Go talk to your priest. Or, if you don't want to talk to your priest, talk to a priest. Get confessed and then receive the Eucharist at Mass.

If prayer, the sign of the cross, and Christian communion is actually painful to you, you may actually be possessed by a demon. Seek refuge and healing from God Almighty, friend.

I'm not trolling or joking around here. This could be very bad.

That's funny because Christianity is literally a kike religion, with kike prophets, kike characters and kike ideologies but please tell me how it is oh so different when half of your holy book is literally copypasta from kike fairy tale too. Do go on about how Jews back then weren't real jews and #notalljews bullshit.

wait until you get to "forgive everyone and let them abuse you, goy"

it's a real make you thinker

Are we reading the same bible?
Genesis 18
25That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? 26And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes. 27And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes: 28Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it. 29And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake. 30And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there. 31And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake. 32And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake. 33And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

you are slowly awakening to understand all religion is bullshit, used as a political and socioeconomically tool to control populace

jesus was a nigger
the christian religion is a jew spin off, owned by the jews, the pope is a puppet and christian preachers are basically retards reading a thousand year old book that has been molested to fit narrations soooo many fucking times.

You're missing the parts where Abraham goes into Egypt multiple times with his wife, tells everyone it's his sister and lets them sleep with her, then says "lol that was my wife. God's gonna fuck you up if you don't give me all your shit" so they do.

And what I just read in Exodus when Moses is trying to convince pharoe to let the Jews free God purposefully harden's the pharoe's heart to say no so he can then unleash plague after plague upon the egyptians. like not the ones being dicks presumably, but all of them.

Also how all the egyptian's first borns are going to die unless they pay Moses a "small tribute" of some gold and silver

fucking jews

>herding sheep
>write 10 commandments on a mountain top
>carry stone slab back down mountain

Quality sci-fi/10

No, I was addressing the comment that religion exists as a brainwashing, mass indoctrination technique.

Please see

BOW YOUR HEAD AND SAY THANKS FOR YOUR FOOD AND STOP BEING SUCH A FAGGOT

Religion (church) was good in the middle ages where people would decapitate each other on a regular. It gave them moral guidelines to follow and remove the barbaric aspect of life.

Once it turned into the shit fest it is today it's become pointless. Since our morals are taught to us by our parents (blessed be nigger kids) there is no need for church or 10 commandments anymore because every society has "written" its own commandments.

Tl;Dr church was good but is aids right now, I would know about aids :^)

>You're missing the parts where Abraham goes into Egypt multiple times with his wife, tells everyone it's his sister and lets them sleep with her, then says "lol that was my wife. God's gonna fuck you up if you don't give me all your shit" so they do.

Wtf I hate the bible now

don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to trash talk to the bible, just elicit responses so I can better understand, because honestly the God I'm seeing in the bible isn't the God I've heard about, and hope I'm misunderstanding what I'm reading

>Hey God thanks for this food I worked hard to earn and make for myself.

I love Christians but I can not get over the lunacy of this.

>ceremonious

You may want to check that word before you use it again.