At what age did you grow out of religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3497755/Religion-dying-New-study-finds-just-18-percent-people-60-younger-attend-church-50-believe-God.html
gordonconwell.edu/resources/documents/statusofglobalmission.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wasn't born in a religion nor was I raised with religion.

Where does that cat .gif come from? I want to find the source and post it on Facebook.

Give me the original source NOW, like RIGHT NOW, you pieces of crap.

7 but I was only mildly religious because I had no idea of any other religions or lack thereof.

t. euphoric man

Never, praise the Lord.

if left it for about 2 years then came back

whats stopping you from murdering people?

13. Watched Carl Sagan's Cosmos and was mind blown that god is a fake faggot.

I was 8 and I thought I had to get married in a church because of American television and my mum laughed at me.

The law.

the law you fucking yank

Was never religious. I don't give a shit if someone is religious though, it's never effected me in a negative way.

>i'd murder people if it wasn't against the law

atheists everyone

what if you knew for certainty you wouldn't get caught, and had a lot to gain by doing so?

should have said you're own morality btw

What's stopping you?

>God isn't real
nice try kike
sage

Never, praise Utsuho.

>had a lot to gain by doing so
I would only kill if it would make my waifu real, otherwise I simply wouldn't do it because hurting people for no reason is bad, as my parents taught it.

I was raised atheist by my euphoric parents, stopped being so edgy when I was around 21, and now I'm a Christian.

Don't worry, you'll grow up some day too.

12, the same age I got into politics

thou shall not murder

what was there to rebut?

Basic natural morals that people are born with regardless of law or religion.

Some people aren't born with it and they usually end up dying before adulthood anyway via suicide.

I've always found religion to be the opiate of the masses, as Stalin said. I don't want to brag, but I'm significantly smarter than most people, so obviously I never fell for such a foolish delusion.

Such people should peruse a few Dawkins books; perhaps then their feeble minds will awaken.

In the meantime, I content myself with placing "holy" bibles in the fiction section, as is their rightful place.

19, when my sister's boyfriend shot her in the stomach while she was pregnant then killed himself leaving me no avenue for justice. They all died.

>Basic natural morals that people are born with
>Some people aren't born with it

lad...

>Basic natural morals that people are born with regardless of law or religion.
prove those exist

12, the same age my brain developed enough for my IQ to reach the triple digits (I was declared a child genius at age 8 and actually had my IQ tested every year). unfortunately some people's brains never mature past that point which is why you see adults gullible enough to pray to a magic invisible sky daddy and vote for politicians like Bernie Sanders.

I actually saw some edgelords doing that in a Barnes and Noble once. Most Beta looking cunts you've ever seen in your life. I piped up and said "Excuse me, what are you doing?" and they all started stuttering and stammering like King Nigger's IF-IF-IF-IF-IF moment. Was pretty funny.

About 12

I was a double genius by the age of 11 and my IQ was in the high triple digits immediately after. I'm tested with my IQ every day because I'm so smart, and I'm Religious. Maybe one day minds as feeble and dimwitted as yours will grow up and get on my level and see the truth. Unfortunately, you peasants are more content to wallow in your own delusion

>i'd murder people if G*d didn't say not to
Christians everyone

Why do you follow that?

People are supposed to be born with, I should have said. Being born a killer is a birth defect.

Explains the current muslim situation we are in.

Like 6

I was playing Tekken 3 on the PS1, kept losing to Heihachi on the final stage of the story. Prayed to God to make me win, lost. Then said well I don't need God anyway, won the next try and that lost made me lose faith in him.

About seven or eight. My family was never religious, but the school I went to had a dude come in a read the bible to us every week.

thats correct. look at the godless societies and see how they lived. without god everything is permissible

because God, whose reason and motivation is infinitely beyond human understanding, said so. and man was made in God's image and therefore should try to follow His ways

What about the middle east, though? I'm not trying to be contrarian or edgy here. Religion is responsible for a lot of great things today, but I don't think it's necessary for having morals.

>implying all Religions are equal

provide any argument at all for morality from an atheist nihilist perspective

having god in society doesn't mean murder and crime won't exist. but having no god at all makes it a lot worse.

It wouldn't be easy

>Iceland is mostly atheist
>Next to non-existent crime
>Middle East follows a God
>Beheadings daily

Really makes you think...

I have never really been into religion. Officially I'm a Catholic though

Sand nigggers were always violent even before Mohammed. They needed a warlord prophet to kinda unit them and even then they still kill each other. That only proves some people are born without common decency.

Some of those Scandinavian countries are pretty godless and they seem alright. In fact, it's bringing in religious people that seems to be the problem.

iceland may be mostly atheist today but it evolved from a completely christian europe

I'm not a nihilist so I can't make that argument. I value life greatly and if I'm gonna be frank, I feel like I really want someone to thank for the basically impossible chance that I was born at all, but I just don't believe in any written religions or the concept of spirituality. Maybe this is considered agnostic, I don't know my definition exactly.

I believe we could live in a world without god and be fine. But I do understand that in our current world, it does help some people. I don't want religion to not exist, not even the slightest to I believe in that. It can help some people, it can harm some people. I don't feel as though I need it, but it has certainly never harmed me either.

all of western society and most of the world's society as a whole is influenced by european christianity.

13, then i decided that belief in hollow vistas of emptiness awaiting me for all of eternity regardless of my actions and accomplishments is retarded and edgy in comparison to divine judgement and getting rewarded/punished accordingly

I won't do thing that will prevent me from getting rewarded.
Did you get candy for shitting on the floor as a child?

Well, yeah, but they seem to be doing fine without god now.

What's stopping you from disregarding the part about not killing in your kike book, since you already do that with parts you don't like?

so basically
>I have no argument for morality outside of God, I just know it's there because dude trust me

I'm not going to go off insulting you since we're just some anons on a basket weaving forum, but I really hope you see how ill thought out your own views are and the need to figure them out

I was about 13 when I realized there was no god.

I was about 18 when I realized that acknowledging the fact that there is no god inspires an incurable nihilism in the masses.

>I just know it's there because dude trust me
Come on dude, I try not to get into a gay anti-theist debate like this, but the same can be said about god himself.

The majority of Africa is religious you nigger.

Plebs need religion because they lack the capacity to understand deeper things
Intellectuals either keep the status quo and encourage plebs to continue their worship or become disgusted by the cycle and wish to break it. Religion and atheism is essentially Bolshevism, as both movements are basically intellectuals leading the uneducated into battle.

About 20 or so. Realized religion does nothing for me, only takes my time and money. Maybe if it provided me with a pure virgin wife I'd be more inclined to give my time and money to it

that;s exactly what youre saying though. Asserting something exists without being able to even make an argument for it.

Think your view out before you try discussing it with others, because right now you can see the flaws in your world view from a mile away.

Common decency and I haven't needed to.

My religion is the fatherland

and dubs

22, doubted since 20

why would you kill someone without a proper reason? unless there is something wrong with you

Imagine if you were allowed to do literally anything, but none of those actions would bring any short or long term consequences. Would you do anything at all?

I only bash Christians here because it's not Sup Forums related. The truth is religion dying out and will continue to until it reaches what the Jews seem to have. Just a place to gather in community and not much else.

They seek their reward now and it's for the best I believe. It drives and motivates people.

2&1/2

>Would you do anything at all?

not anything like senseless killing

About 7
Why Grandmother died and everyone was like she's with God now and that seemed like 100% bullshit to me so I went and asked my uncle(just a close friend of my dad really) and he told me that I was tight since there was no such thing and it was a lie people tell themselves to feel better. Have me some Dawkins books and I stopped believing in Jew propaganda.
Btw this man was Australian and Sup Forums all the way back in the 80's.
Man I miss that fucker, sucks he moved back to Straya

>it's not Sup Forums related
wrong
>religion dying out
wrong

People only do what makes sense to them

>At what age did you grow out of religion?

Christ is the foundation of western civilization you fucking heretic. As Europe has moved away from God they have embraced degeneracy, atheism, and Islam.

ALSO WE NEED BACKUP, #HILLARYFORPRISON IS TRENDING AND WE NEED MORE FUCKING CRUSADERS IN HERE TO RED PILL THE MASSES

you don't need religion to make sense of it

No gods, no masters.

Around 12-13 years old, I had all the catholic sacraments done because my hypocrite mother told me to do so, but the more I went to catechism lessons the more my skepticism grew stronger.
By the time I was 14 I was already fed witha ll that bullshit and refused to take catholic lessons in high school (we have a choice to do so here, only catholic religion is taught in schools).
I stopped going to church, I never had a change of mind since then about the non-existence of gods and my disdain for every organized religion grow much stronger as the time goesby

About the same age I grew out of santa claus I think.

Completely true

The numbers say you're wrong. The US has only been the "exception" for so long because people consider going to church on Easter being "religious". As for the Sup Forums thing retards will do what retards will do.
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3497755/Religion-dying-New-study-finds-just-18-percent-people-60-younger-attend-church-50-believe-God.html

Whever i first realized my family had cats
Cats > god
You cannot pet god, god does not purr for you. You cannot run around the house with a string or outside with a stick and have god chase the end on the ground.

Not wanting to get murdered myself.

I was raised non-religious. I was told to believe what I wanted. I needed proof to believe something, so logically I am agnostic. Anyone that believes something for no other reason than someone told you to is a fucking retard.

I remember disproving god on the playground in the fourth grade.

>Murder is acceptable if I spout the god meme

>g*d
Gtfo kike

at 6

then at 37 I found faith.

I am now a strong Catholic.

atheism is for dumb kids: FACT

>I was raised atheist by my euphoric parents, stopped being so edgy when I was around 21, and now I'm a Christian.
>Don't worry, you'll grow up some day too.

Pretty much like this but it took me longer to become a christian around 35 years and still not there yet

>in america
look at the numbers globally
gordonconwell.edu/resources/documents/statusofglobalmission.pdf

And still not religious

Not being a psychopath for starters.

>atheism is for dumb kids: FACT
Soo much one sidedness: FACT

all you people saying less than 10 and early teens should bear in mind that you didn't have the faculties that age to give Christianity a proper evaluation.
you should revisit it with an open mind, freethinkers.

what standard are you basing being a psychopath on?

The only reason you don't murder people is because you don't want to burn.

What are you a sociopath?

8 or so. I was forced to attend church every sunday morning until I was 14. Sunday school and all.

i told them i had better things to do than sit around for two hours listening to children's stories and i got yelled at. my parents never treated me the same after that.

but honestly... who the fuck wants to waste half their sunday at church? wake up at 7:30 so you can shower and put on nice looking clothes. go to church at 8 until 10. wait around for 30 mins before fucking sunday school starts. sit in sunday school from 10:30-11:30 or 12:00. fuck that shit.

Around 5 or 6. I knew it was bullshit right away. Funny thing is I'm probably one of the small minority on Sup Forums that is very successful and not some autist/shut-in/anime-pro.

Only total idiots believe in the magical Jew and his book of lies.