How come we don't get a retro cartoons board like we do a retro video games board? That way...

How come we don't get a retro cartoons board like we do a retro video games board? That way, the retro cartoons can be pushed out of Sup Forums and into a new board

Sometimes I feel like Sup Forums is full of a bunch of faggots who cant even have good conversations. All they do is speak buzzwords and shitpost and waifu Star Butterfly and other characters. They dont even like cartoons. They just like to make fun of them. The only shows that get discussed are "MUH LORE SHOWS", "MUH WAIFU SHOWS" and "MUH SHITPOST SHOWS"

But what about stuff like the recent Flintstones comic? Would that stay on Sup Forums?

>waifu Star Butterfly
That's oddly specific...

Yes

Seriously, if THAT Horse Show and retro video games can get there own containment board then retro cartoons should too

Because there's not enough demand for it.

Let's make a trade: let the small horse show back in, and convert that board into a retro cartoons one.

I would rather get /cape/ for capeshit media much like how /mecha/ cuts down the robot posts in Sup Forums. There are plenty of cape based and inspired shit in both Sup Forums and Sup Forums creations.

>Sometimes I feel like Sup Forums is full of a bunch of faggots who cant even have good conversations
Welcome to Sup Forums. May I take your order?

Almost all comics are cape comics, and that's supposedly half the board (and far more than half in terms of actual discussion). No dice.

Can you stop Ed? And no I dont want anything for 8 bucks

Only in North America are most comics cape shit. There are plenty of non cape comics that often get drowned out in favour of cape comics in this board.

How about movies just move to Sup Forums and comics stay here?

Seriously, when will Sup Forums stop being a bunch of faggots and just have good conversations. They need to stop being hipsters and contrarains. Seriously, this is what they act like

"The Loud House fanbase is bad so the show sucks"

"Steven Universe fanbase is bad so the show sucks"

"Rick and Morty's fanbase is bad the show is awful Reddit Normies REEEE"

Boards that focus on past media tend to struggle because there isn't a consistent stream of new content to discuss. I'd like to see it myself but it's guaranteed to move at a zombie pace after the first 2 months.

/vr/ only got split off Sup Forums because Sup Forums is so damn big that they need excuses to reduce its traffic somewhat. That's also why /vg/, and /vp/ to a lesser extent, exist. Sup Forums isn't nearly fast enough to start splitting the board just for the sake of splitting it.

Most people outside the US and Canada aren't going to come to an English-speaking board like this one.

Toon Zone is two words.

I just proved that it wouldn't work here because posters like me wouldn't put enough care into it. Look at /vr/ and tell me that's good enough to open a slower Sup Forums version of it.

No, he's right. Cartoons are basically dead, and so are about half of this board's discussions.

Sup Forums doesn't discuss cartoons much because there's nothing to discuss when the industry basically doesn't exist anymore. The few cartoons still being made are occasional side projects for the big players in TV in general, there's no serious push anymore.

This. It doesn't help that the vast majority of pre-2000s cartoons are episodic comedies that don't lend themselves to much discussion.

The Reddit circlejerk around here actually needs to stay because it's an easy way for me to see who I should avoid. If you're triggered by a fucking website then I've got nothing left to say

I came here to say this pretty much

Sup Forums'a topic are fine as they are there's not really a need to split hairs at the moment as there is little demand for it.

This so much

>Deleting that one comment about Sup Forums needing to quit bitching on SU.
How childish.
He wasn't completely wrong either. The hate for that show is fucking ridiculous

I think you're overlooking the biggest detail: Most people who read non-cape comics also read cape comics. If you send the comicfags to /cape/, you're also sending away most of the people who would know anything about weird European shit. In the end, we'd likely end up with even less non-cape comic discussion.

You realize it has an enormous fanbase outside Sup Forums, right? Just about any hate it can get is welcome at this point.